Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #1231
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

John's comment about being stuck is why I don't want to go on a cruise. I am a control freak I'll admit it and stuck on ship in the middle of the ocean that i have no control over just don't sound like my cup of tea. At least if i'm on dry land as long as i have my car I can go. I am sorry it wasn't as fun but I'm sure y'all more than made up for it when you got back to CBR.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #1232
heatherlekay
Earning My Ears

Yikes! Sorry your cruise had a not so happy ending :-(
Poor John, I can imagine how bad he felt. It's terrible when you want everyone to have a great time and something happens that you physically have no control over. Not going into details but my husband has a medical issue that sometimes causes my best laid plans to go awry so I can somewhat relate.
Can't wait to hear about your CBR stay-I love that place-and hope you guys have a much better finishing of your trip!

CBR Dec 2009
HRH Dec 2010
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #1233
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Aww, Lisa, so sorry to hear about the way your cruise ended. I know how hard it is to have to be the strong one and not show your feelings, but sometimes it just gets to be too much and you just have to have a good cry.

We love cruising, but I will admit that on our last cruise (not Disney), I did feel like we were stuck, but I think that was more about traveling with a 2-year-old that was too young for the kids club and having to entertain her night and day. Thank goodness she will be old enough for the kids club on our next cruise.

I can't wait to hear how your Disney portion goes!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #1234
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

My DH has been on a cruise before and loved it so now he's trying to convince me to go on one. My biggest hesitation is that I'll wind up feeling like you and your DH did-like I'm stuck in the middle of the ocean with no way off. So sorry you didn't have a good time though. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! (You are going to continue, right? )
Old 09-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #1235
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I hate that your cruise ended on such a bad note. I remember saying to Davis that it was funny that we had seen y'all so much earlier on in the cruise and then after the Pirate night we didn't see y'all again. I wish you had been off having fun instead of dealing with the things you were. I admire your family for the way you handled such a stressful situation - in the midst of the crowd on the ship. I didn't even know the last part of your cruise was so bad.

Looking forward to you next installment - when you're back in your happy place!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 09-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #1236
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

My parents have been long time cruisers. But they have no desire for a Disney cruise. And they will not book a cruise unless they can get it for $100 / night for each of them. They just returned from a ten-day cruise to New England and Canada. In one port, the Disney Magic was docked behind them. Mom thought it was ugly and looked like a pirate ship.

So, maybe you should try another cruise, but a different cruise line. Same ports (well, except for that particular "private island" -- but other cruise lines have them too) and shop around for a better price. If you are willing to do it again, that might be the better way to go.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #1237
crystalk
Earning My Ears

Love from Canada

I have been reading your last few trip reports, quietly. I'm not much of a commenter But I thank you for sharing, you have much insight that makes me want to go again, and again, and again.
In Jan/Feb 2011 we went on the 4 night cruise and 9 nights in DW. It was my first time to Disney, any disney. I loved the cruise, especially for group that we were travelling with. My Parents-in-law, my husband and 2 girls aged 7 and 9. We skipped nassau (nothing on that island made me overly excited to go and there was plenty to do on the ship) and went on the aquaduck instead, we went to a couple movies, the theatre shows, and I loved Castaway Cay. My girls played in the sand all day and my husband snorkelled ALL DAY (he was burnt). I am sorry you didn't have the same great experience we did. And I am extra sorry you didn't get to eat in Animators Palette, which I thought was the best, theming and food wise. My husband would like to go on another cruise (he could take or leave the parks) and if we do I'd like to do more of the Disney boat tours (where they show you around the ship and explain different aspects) and the family friendly D-Lounge where they have family contestant type shows.
Anyhoo all this to say, I hope you do try again. I'm sure with a little extra looking over the navigator you'd find fun for the whole family, Grandma included!!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #1238
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ahoy Me Mateys! Did ye know that it be National Talk Like A Pirate Day? To celebrate this unarggggghuably wonderful day, I thought that ye scurvy wenches and lads might enjoy a pirate joke or two or three or four while I'm slaving away at the next installment of me trip report.

Where do pirates go to have breakfast?

IHOP

What did the pirate say when he crashed his pirate ship into an iceberg?

Shiver Me Timbers!

What did the pirate say when he took over Santa's job?

Ho Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum!

How much did the pirate pay to have his ears pierced?

A buccaneer

What has 8 arms and 8 legs?

A pirate

I know that ye be groanin' from those awful jokes right now so I'll cease my bilge talk. I know that Dead Men Tell No Tales but I, as Cap'n of this trip report do tell tales so I'm off to unlock my photographs from Davy Jones' Locker. Godsped! for now!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 09-19-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #1239
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Ahoy!

Funny!

How come when I try to talk like a pirate, I sound like I'm trying to speak in Scottish accent??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 09-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #1240
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1
Ahoy!

Funny!

How come when I try to talk like a pirate, I sound like I'm trying to speak in Scottish accent??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I thought I was the only one with that problem!!

Lisa, thank you for the pirate jokes.

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Old 09-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #1241
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

I'm thinking that the next cruise we take will be a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas or the Alaskan cruise. Mama wants to go to Alaska and said that she'd go on the cruise with us if we were to ever go.
Oh, do Alaska! If you decide to do that one send me a message and I will share all the research that I did for our Alaskan cruise this year. It was very simply the most wonderful and amazing experience I have ever had.

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #1242
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

I be new here Cap'n (though readin' along) but any adherin' to the pirate code is alright by me. I brought the rum. *passes the bottle* don't be mindin' me parrot much he won't bite yer, just likes a nibble now an again.
After them rough waters I hope yer all had smooth sailin'...errr walkin'... *ahem* Fare thee well ye matey's!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #1243
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa! Once again I had to play catch-up on your TR!

Sorry your cruise wasn't all that you had envisioned it to be. I'm glad that you have a little perspective now and feel a bit better about it. Jeff and I really enjoyed ours and are looking forward to taking the boys. But...so many factors play into whether you enjoy something or not. Just like WDW, I'm sure no 2 cruises are exactly the same. I hope you try it again!

Love the dancing pics...you really look like you are having fun!

Your bike trip looks fantastic! What beautiful scenery!

Kudos to you for holding the family together even when it's tough. Someone has to be the glue! Hang in there!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #1244
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR

Oh, do Alaska! If you decide to do that one send me a message and I will share all the research that I did for our Alaskan cruise this year. It was very simply the most wonderful and amazing experience I have ever had.
Ditto! I'm not sure if you read my TR from ours but the link is in my siggie, it was so wonderful, Jeff wants to do it again and he is NOT into cruising at all. It was amazing.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #1245
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hayden's Journey

Good morning! I've almost finished up the next chapter of the trip report but I wanted to ask a favor of you all.

One of our friends' first grandchild has been diagnosed with Autism and the family is going through a pretty rough time right now mentally. They are seeking out help/advice from other parents of autistic children.

Every time I see that sweet little boy's face, I think that this could be my first grandbaby. That his parents could be Lacey and Jesse. I've known this young lady since she was just 6 weeks old, she and Lacey grew up together and have grown into beautiful Godly women.

I would like to ask that those of you who are parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents or friends of an Autistic child, please take a moment and go to the Facebook page that they have created. It's titled "Hayden's Journey" and here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/#!/HaydensJourneyOurAdventure

While there are some local fundraisers listed on the Facebook page, please please know that I am not asking for you to make any donation of any kind as that is against the Disboard rules.

But, I would ask that, for those of you who believe in the power of prayer or even in positive thoughts, please say a prayer for this young couple as they prepare to fight this lifelong battle for their son. If you feel you have any tips or encouraging words that you could pass along to Jordan and Daniel, please do so.

Thank you all so very much!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: