Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #1036
kmd1974
Earning My Ears

Location: Way Down South & 660 miles from Disney Houma,Louisiana

Hey Lisa, Just read your TR about Magic Springs. Sounds like fun. We always compare other parks to Disney World. Also fireworks don't compare. I hope y'all don't get the rain and wind like we are about to get here in Houma. They say the eye has shifted. So we might be like 4 years ago for Hurricane Gustav where we will get the eye or part of the eye. Y'all be safe there. You can hear updates on facebook. I can't wait for more Disney TR.

Fort Wilderness Campground: Nov. 1991
Port of Orleans Riverside: Aug. 2009
Caribbean Beach Resort: May 2010
Coronado Springs Resort: May 2012
Coronado Springs Resort: Feb 2013
Port of Orleans Riverside: March 2014
Caribbean Beach resort May/June 2015

Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #1037
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Bustiní a move and danciní like nobodyís looking....except a few hundred people!

Bustiní a move and danciní like nobodyís looking....except a few hundred people!

Once the fireworks were over and Jack Sparrow had made his entrance via his trusty rope, the live D.J. came out and everything moved into full-on party mode! (I so wish I had the pictures and video from Hunterís phone to insert here.) There were dancers on the stage dressed in pirate garb and lights were flashing all around. It didnít take long before we were bustiní some moves and danciní like nobody was looking!

As I said, early in my introductions, I post pictures of everything...the good, the bad and the ugly and most of the ugly comes in the form of very embarassing pictures of myself. Now, Iím going to warn you before I post the following pictures that I am not a dancer. Never have been, never will be. Actually, I guess I should rephrase that. I am a dancer...just not a good one. I can't dance as good as this guy: or even a banana: But, the music was blaring. The atmosphere was sizzling and we just couldnít help ourselves. Come on family....letís dance like nobodyís looking!

Shake it baby! Shake it!

Get down with your bad self!

Wave your hands in the air and Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump!

Oops, didnít catch the jump but did catch the look of pure happiness on Johnís face:

I tried taking one of the crowd but it didnít turn out well. Maybe you can make out how crowded it was on the deck below us:

I donít know how long the party lasted but I can tell you that we were all tired of shaking our tail feathers by the time it was over. It was a blast and one of the highlights of the entire cruise!

A couple after party pics:

**Continued in next post

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 08-28-2012 at 04:17 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #1038
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Once the party was done, the castmembers pulled out the deck chairs and Pirates of the Caribbean started playing on the big screen. We plopped down in the chairs and watched:

At some point in time, we must have gone to get us something to drink and I took pictures of the drinks available at the drink station:

About an hour into the movie, we left the deck and we started back to our room and cut through an empty Cabanas:

The drink station in Cabanas:

Believe it or not, we found our room with little to no problem AND we didn’t encounter Mr. White Uniform when we did. Guess they had moved on to find more criminals hiding those ever elusive irons. Hunter asked if he could go to Vibe and we told him that we didn’t care but it would be closing very soon so he wouldn’t get to stay long. He said that he still wanted to go so we gave him the wave phone and told him that we’d check in with him later.

Around 20 minutes or so before Vibe was set to close, we called Hunter and he answered but immediately hung up. Didn’t say anything. Hum? What was up with that? Maybe the phone disconnected. I called back. This time he said “hello” and asked if he could stay a few minutes longer. We told him sure, we were just calling to tell him that we were going on a walk and he could call us when he left.

He never called us and it was about 5 minutes before the club was set to close. So, we called him. This time, he answered but all I heard was music and “I’m just a poor boy nobody loves me!” and then click. Whaaaaat? I called back. He answered and said “Just a few more minutes, I’m winning!” and hung up again without waiting for my answer. Now, don’t go thinking....why is she bothering the boy? At this point, it was pretty much a whole hanging up without me answering his question thing. I called him back and told him that if hung up on me again without giving me time to answer him I was going to bust up in the club and embarrass the heck outta him when I started screaming “Hunter! Where are you baby? It’s Mama!” He just laughed and said “Yeah Mom, like you’d ever do that. I’m on my way out. Where are ya’ll?” As it happened, we were on the other side of the ship and all he had to do was walk through the doors, down the deck and we were sitting on deck chairs enjoying the breeze.

We asked him what he was doing that was so wonderful that he had to hang up on his mother. He said that he was in a singing contest and was singing Bohemian Rhapsody when I called. Oh, that explains the “I’m just a poor boy nobody loves me!” We asked if he was ready to call it a night and he was so we meandered back to the stateroom. Hunter’s birthday cake had barely been touched because, in all honesty, it wasn’t the greatest tasting cake but we all decided to give it another try because we wanted a night time snack. It still wasn’t all that good (as if the flavor would have suddenly changed while in the box) but it scratched the sweet tooth itch.

We did our nightly ritual and said goodnight Waltons style:

Night Hunter, say your prayers, love you, don’t hang up on your Mama ever again!

Night John, love you, tomorrow we’ll be sittin’ on a private island!

Night Criminal Mom, love you, sorry for hanging up on you but you just can’t stop while in the middle of Bohemian Rhapsody!

**Up next: Ahh, this is what I call paradise! Gosh darn the water’s cold!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 08-28-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #1039
MEK
DIS Veteran

OMG - you guys look like you are having a blast.

Oh - and I'm sorry if I am interrupting your update, but I have to get ready to sign off, so I had to comment.

John, especially, looks like he is having a total blast. Where there alcoholic beverages involved here?

Good news - It's official. I booked my Dream cruise for October 2013! Woo Hoo!

At least Hunter had a good reason for hanging up on you. Karaoke rocks!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #1040
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Another great update!

We have started having dance parties at home in the evenings. We put on the music channels on the cable and dance around with the girls. It's a blast because everyone just dances like fools. We enjoy doing it in public, too!

Lol with Hunter singing Bohemian Rhapsody! I guess the bright side of him hanging up on you is that at least he answered the phone. He could have just not answered.

So, we finally told the girls about our Disney cruise last night. We started out by telling them that we canceled our Princess cruise for spring break next year...and then we left the room. When we walked back in, my oldest said "why do I think there is a joke going on here?". We didn't say anything again and went about our business. Finally, we threw them a bone and told them. They are so stinking excited!!!

I love torturing the children.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #1041
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Now come on you know that was your plan all along to bounce that ball off the wall and get a hole in one! We have a mini golf place here called Captain Hooks it has all the characters from Peter Pan and every scene from the movie it really reminds me of being at Disney.

It sounds like you had a nice get away weekend!

You all looked like you were having so much fun at the Pirate party. John looks like he was having the time of his life! That's so funny Hunter couldn't talk because he was singing it sounds like he had a great time too.

Looking forward to hearing more!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #1042
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

OH I forgot to tell you I hope you keep dry and don't get any damage from the storm!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #1043
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

You guys look like you were having a great time at the dance party!!!!!

Too funny about Hunter hanging up on you because of the singing contest!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #1044
francis6306
DIS Veteran

HAHAHAHAÖ LOVE that Hunter was singing! You guys know how to have fun!!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 08-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #1045
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

I am so tired of hearing about Isaac that it was great getting to read a new post!!! Woohoo!!

Hooray for getting the hole in one! I have done that before and try to convince the family that I am so talented but they never believe me!!

The dancing pictures were cracking me up!! What fun it looked like!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #1046
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I loved seeing your dancing pictures. You can tell how much fun you are having. It is nice to see a family who loves each others company. One of my favorite things about WDW is just being away with my family.

Me DH DD DS
Old 08-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #1047
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Love it girl!!! WOW!!! Yea, I'd do the same with Tyler if he did that to me!!! Funny how boys are!!! After dancin so much, ya'll musta been pooped!!!! Can't wait to see more!!

Old 08-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #1048
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I dance just like you! Well, let me rephrase that, if I WOULD dance, I would dance like you. I just can't expose people to moves like that, someone may think I'm having a seizure!

I hope Hunter at least won that contest after all that! And gave you his winnings!

I hope you stay safe, and the storm isn't too rough on you all!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 08-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #1049
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Looks like you guys were having a BLAST!!! Love it!

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 08-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #1050
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

FUN update! I'm glad you enjoyed the party so much. I admit, we didn't stay and dance after the fireworks, not really our thing and folks had other agendas but how fun to see how much you really enjoyed it, I love it!

We lost Kendall to Vibe pretty much every night. I confess though, we didn't check up on her like you did. I was always a wreck anytime anyone had a wave phone out. It was too big to put in K's pocket or wristlet, she'd never answer or text back and we weren't often sure if she got our messages. The white board worked much better for us.

We did give her quite a bit of freedom on the ship at night, and she was very responsible with it. I wish Edge engaged my younger kids like Vibe really seems to with the teens but oh well. She made some great friends!

Very cute on the singing.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: