Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #481
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

OOOh You had one of the round showers....cool!

You do know what that ladder was for right? (bunk bed)
I assume you knew...and just are joking around.

Did you report the smell. I sure would have. I know that ships sewage system isn't always the best ...On one of the NCL ships I sailed it was having problems the whole time), but it irks me that their was a smell in your nice fresh cabin.

I can't wait to hear more!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #482
Blissikins
Earning My Ears

I am LOVING your photographs from T-Rex. They made me sooooo hungry though! That was one of our favourite places to eat on our last trip, the Porkasaurus was to die for!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #483
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
OOOh You had one of the round showers....cool!

You do know what that ladder was for right? (bunk bed)
I assume you knew...and just are joking around.

Did you report the smell. I sure would have. I know that ships sewage system isn't always the best ...On one of the NCL ships I sailed it was having problems the whole time), but it irks me that their was a smell in your nice fresh cabin.

I can't wait to hear more!
Yeah, I knew what the ladder was really for. Just thought I'd throw in the joke.

The round shower was really cool and I was surprised that there was so much room in there.

I did mention the smell to the stateroom host but it didn't get any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissikins View Post
I am LOVING your photographs from T-Rex. They made me sooooo hungry though! That was one of our favourite places to eat on our last trip, the Porkasaurus was to die for!
I wish I were at T-Rex right now! Makes me wonder what I'm cooking for dinner. Bet it won't be as good as T-Rex.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #484
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I like the pictures from your stateroom. It looks like a good sized room and I like the divider between the bed and the couch area. Wow, that is quite a porthole. But I'm surprised there aren't two smaller ones at the top.

That stinks about the smell. I can't believe that it wasn't something that could be fixed. Ick!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #485
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR !! We sailed the Dream this past April and it was the best vacation EVER !!

I think the ladder in the closet is for the bunk beds and since you just had Hunter, the overhead bunk was never lowered so it wasn't put to use.

Can't wait to read more !!!

ETA: Our stateroom bathroom (toilet side) had this urine smell in it the entire cruise. I reported it, but found it odd that it smelled the whole trip. I think it might have had something to do with the sewer venting. It didn't spoil our trip by any means, but it was ... noticeable when you went in there to use the room.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-11-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #486
JessietheNCCowgirl
Yeehaw!

John cracks me up with his indignation about his "dadgum dingy" being stolen and then having to try on the life vests!

Your room was really nice - I didn't know the portholes would be that large. I'm sorry about the big stink in the smell lab, um I mean your bathroom (just being silly and quoting Dr. Nigel Channing ) Despite the odor it sure looks cool with the round shower and do they give you full size toiletries?

Good job on Hunter's birthday decorations and cake you ordered. I don't think anyone is ever too old for Mickey.

I can't wait to read about where the heck you are going in the next installment.
Port Orleans-1992 & 1994 CBR & POFQ -2000 Coronado Springs-2001 Polynesian-2003 AKL & GF- 2004 WL & GF 2006 POFQ -2007 CBR-2008 Polynesian-2009 POR Aug & Oct 2010 POR Jan 2011, CBR Feb 2011, POFQ Aug 2011, POR Oct 2011, ASMo Dec 2011, Polynesian Feb 2012, Pop & POR May 2012, AoA and Yacht Club Oct 2012 BWI & YC Aug 2013, Poly Oct 2013, YC May 2014
Old 07-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #487
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love the way you surprised Hunter. That's awesome! Not only is he walking in the stateroom for the first time but he gets a surprise like that. Very cool!

I love the view from the porthole. I've only seen small kids sit in it. Now I know its bigger than I thought it was. Great room layout, but what's up with the Poop smell?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #488
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I am just crackin up! Hunter's picture in the porthole was nice, but then I was scolling down and saw he had flopped over on his stomach and it just stuck me as funny!

I have a feeling your bunch would have walked around in the life vests for a laugh!

YUCK< Stinky Bathroom Smells! I hope it didn't creep into your cabin!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 07-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #489
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I am just crackin up! Hunter's picture in the porthole was nice, but then I was scolling down and saw he had flopped over on his stomach and it just stuck me as funny!

I have a feeling your bunch would have walked around in the life vests for a laugh!

Maybe she brought those stinky blankets on board!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #490
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
and THAT"S why she thought about busting out the porthole!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #491
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report. We will be @ CBR (in the pirate rooms ) over Thanksgiving. We're also planning on taking a DCL cruise sometime in the fall of 2013, so I'm loving the whole report!! Also, I wanted to let you know that Hunter seems like a great kid. He's not one of those ungrateful, sulking teenager types that seem to be all around these days. I'm hoping my boys (who are 6 and 8 now) turn out to be fun, grateful teenagers like Hunter ! --Katie
Old 07-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #492
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I like the pictures from your stateroom. It looks like a good sized room and I like the divider between the bed and the couch area. Wow, that is quite a porthole. But I'm surprised there aren't two smaller ones at the top.

That stinks about the smell. I can't believe that it wasn't something that could be fixed. Ick!
I was surprised by the size of the room. We all said that we were glad I had upgraded from the small inside stateroom to the deluxe family room.

The smell was....how shall I put it? John said it smelled "rank".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Loving your TR !! We sailed the Dream this past April and it was the best vacation EVER !!

I think the ladder in the closet is for the bunk beds and since you just had Hunter, the overhead bunk was never lowered so it wasn't put to use.

Can't wait to read more !!!

ETA: Our stateroom bathroom (toilet side) had this urine smell in it the entire cruise. I reported it, but found it odd that it smelled the whole trip. I think it might have had something to do with the sewer venting. It didn't spoil our trip by any means, but it was ... noticeable when you went in there to use the room.
Thanks! Yeah, we knew what the ladder was for but we had a great time joking about how we were supposed to use it if the ship went down.

We mentioned the smell to our stateroom host but it, apparently, didn't do any good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
John cracks me up with his indignation about his "dadgum dingy" being stolen and then having to try on the life vests!

Your room was really nice - I didn't know the portholes would be that large. I'm sorry about the big stink in the smell lab, um I mean your bathroom (just being silly and quoting Dr. Nigel Channing ) Despite the odor it sure looks cool with the round shower and do they give you full size toiletries?

Good job on Hunter's birthday decorations and cake you ordered. I don't think anyone is ever too old for Mickey.

I can't wait to read about where the heck you are going in the next installment.
Dadgum is a word that is used a lot in our house. We don't curse (well, except sometimes I use the S word 'cause I just can't help it) so dadgum is a good alternate word.

Before we left, I saw a vide of a lady standing inside the porthole so I knew it would be pretty big.

Dr. Nigel Channing could have moved right into the smell lab a/k/a our bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love the way you surprised Hunter. That's awesome! Not only is he walking in the stateroom for the first time but he gets a surprise like that. Very cool!

I love the view from the porthole. I've only seen small kids sit in it. Now I know its bigger than I thought it was. Great room layout, but what's up with the Poop smell?
Even though the decorations were geared more towards younger kids, it still had the same "surprise" effect.

The porthole was really big! I have more pictures of us in it later on. Of course, we're acting silly but you can still see just how big the porthole was.

The poop smell was yucky and, thankfully, it stayed mostly in the toilet side of the bathroom. If we happened to leave the door slightly open, you could definitely smell it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #493
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I liked you post about the lifeboat and seeing them testing it. That reminded me of the time I was at Castaway Cay in 2007 and saw testing "my" lifeboat. It was the one directly below my cabin lol

I had actually just come back to my room from castaway cay and wanted to change my clothes before heading out when I heard the nose of some sort of machinery under the floor and saw out the balcony window something extending out of the ship. They had been doing various crew drills all cruise long as apparently they had brought on some new crew well in Europe so they had to bring them up to speed on safety drills and such. It was quite funny watching this with the person on the balcony next to me there were a couple of times were they manged to scrap the side of the ship a little bit. The paint guys were actually watching from there lift also on that side of the ship.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 07-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #494
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I had to laugh at the picture of Hunter laying in the window; I don't think my body will bend that way.......... I cringed when I read about the smell in the bathroom . I hope it was just a residual smell and not that it wasn't cleaned.............

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 07-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #495
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I laughed my butt off when I saw Hunter laying facedown in the porthole. I told him he looked like a skinny beached whale.

John and Hunter would have walked around in the life vests for sure! I had to make them take them off and put them up.

The smell did creep into the cabin a little. Thank goodness I had some body spray with me. I think I used it more in the room than I did on my body.

Quote:
Quote:
and THAT"S why she thought about busting out the porthole!
Hey now! Those blankets didn't smell like poop! They smelled like...they smelled like.....well, they didn't smell like poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
Loving your trip report. We will be @ CBR (in the pirate rooms ) over Thanksgiving. We're also planning on taking a DCL cruise sometime in the fall of 2013, so I'm loving the whole report!! Also, I wanted to let you know that Hunter seems like a great kid. He's not one of those ungrateful, sulking teenager types that seem to be all around these days. I'm hoping my boys (who are 6 and 8 now) turn out to be fun, grateful teenagers like Hunter ! --Katie
Thank you so much! I'd love to go back to Disney during Thanksgiving. We haven't been at that time of the year since 2000. Oh and a pirate room! They look so nice. I just wish they had had them before Hunter outgrew them. Heck, who am I kidding? We'd all still like a pirate room.

I've been lucky with both of my kids. They were never (Hunter still isn't) the rebellious types (unless you count the time that Lacey skipped school to go to prayer group ) and they've always like spending time with us. They have both grown up going to Disney and they know that they are blessed to get to go on trips to Disney or elsewhere. I'm sure that your boys will grow up to be the same.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: