Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #2956
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

omg Lisa i had to laugh so much at your "horn honker" comment because....... way back in 1902,well when the dinosaurs roamed the earth ...okay not really but a very long time ago when hubby n I were first dating there was this promotion where the burgers were 35 cents so we used to go with all our friends all the time and hubby would get annoyed because he would always end up with crappy fries n mine were always really good he used to say his "how come u get all the nice ones n I always end up with a box full of horn honkers" because his were so hard n crispy that he could honk the car horn with them . I had forgotten about that until I read this so thanks for the chuckle

Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #2957
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

I don't think there is anything more sad than the day you leave Disney world, EXCEPT! The end of a TR.

I love every bit of your TR, thank you for sharing your beautiful family and trip with us.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #2958
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

great trip report Lisa...we usually do the drive from Houston and somehow it always seems longer on the way home! This year we have decided to fly as my 4 yr old is desperate to fly in a plane. I cant say I wont miss the 1000 mile drive AT ALL!! Cant wait for your next trip report. You have me all excited for CBR now looking at your pictures, thank you so much.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #2960
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

The only thing that makes this update not as sad is that your next trip is just around the corner.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #2961
natebenma
DIS Veteran

WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

It's not over! It's not over! It's NOT over!

Loved your parting shots of CBR. Beautiful.

And the Disney signs

But I especially loved the first picture of the tunnel in Mobile. I thought you were back on Space Mountain!

I know you have a little wrap-up, and then

Bring on the PTR!

:
Old 03-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #2962
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Last day!
That tunnel looks so cool! I know you had a picture of it when you were heading to Disney, and I was kind of excited to see some more tunnel pictures on your way back.
Loved your TR! It was very entertaining as always Looking forward to your PTR!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #2963
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Old motels (motor lodges)

that was to funny about you bringing that up. My dad has a letter he write to my mom well they were dating on a piece of paper from a motel It list things like Air condition and TV, but it also mentioned it was carpeted throughout and had AM radio. Pop Century has signs like that leading up to it.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #2964
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Okay, I know I am in the minority, but I am not at ALL sad that your TR is over! I can't wait for the PTR!!! Lets get going, please let me know when you start!

LOVED your final pics at the resort, how beautiful! And the pics home were great...who took your pic at the rest stop? Camera timer? Loved it! That IS a long drive though!

Car horns WERE made for honking, it keeps people out of my lane, which seems to be happening a lot lately. Rachel has become very aware of cars since Drivers Ed looms and she said this week she can't believe how many people swerve into our lane when we are driving..it is GOOD to be a defensive driver, some people are so distracted they have NO idea where their cars are going.

Back to the PTR I am so READY!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #2965
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Looks like it's another great trip in the books, I mean who could ask for more we had drama in contraband & theft (although I'm not sure that's theft) and then we had the touching family moments with complete crazy fun to end it. Sounds like a great vacation to me. Can't wait for the PTR to start.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #2966
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Lisa, what I wouldn't give for those temps! Snowed here yesterday for a bit. I am so ready for something here to look green again!
Sad your trip is all over. But on the flip side.....that just means it's almost time for you to be going back!!
Are you still planning that 1 night at POR? Even though it is so much like your own home, I know you are going to like it there.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 03-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #2967
Bridora
DIS Veteran

We're still waiting for that Spring weather to arrive here! We got snow on the 1st night of Spring! I think by the end of the week, though, it's supposed to start warming up.

I like how you've ended your Trip Report just at the right time to get a PTR started for your May trip!

I'm glad your vacation ended with you all safely arriving home.
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #2968
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Pre-trip report has been started. I hope that you'll all join in!

Sit down! Buckle up! & Hang On! Mickeystoontown's Gang is going to Walley World!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post47915565

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #2969
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Yay!!!! Such a bittersweet moment! Sad that this TR is coming to an end, but excited for the PTR!!! Your trip will be here before you know it!!!

Old 03-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #2970
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Traffic looked good for your drive. Lots of good pictures too.
Traffic wasn't bad until we got near Tallahassee and then Pensacola and Mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have to say my favorite picture is the upside down one. Your son just cracks me up.

I hated that long drive home...and, of course, our ride was a heck of a lot longer. And that is why we fly now (even though I hate flying).

It's always good to get out and stretch the legs...even if only for a few minutes.
There's never a dull moment when Hunter is around!

I wish airfare was cheap enough for us to fly. It would help if there was a larger airport nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Only you could make interstate/rest stop pictures and details be fun, Lisa!

I can't believe it's the end. I've enjoyed reading your report. Look forward to reading your PTR!
The drive is soooo long and there are big stretches of nothingness so there's nothing really to do but take pictures.

The pre-trip report has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Ugh, I hate this being over. Thank goodness in only a few short months you will be back
I know! We are at just 50+ days!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: