Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #2941
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa!

Great updates!

Aww...your pictures of the Crystal Palace really make me want to go back! Yum!! Too funny about the bread!

Great pictures of MSEP! Although, I have to admit that I prefer Spectromagic and really wish they would bring it back.

Beautiful night time pictures of the castle!! Ugh! I know what you mean about not wanting to leave and trying to soak up every last moment especially at MK.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #2942
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
I know this TR is soon coming to a conclusion so when does the pre-trip start for your May trip? I just really like the way you keep us involved in WDW year around.

Will we see irons, will we get sea sick, will Lisa show a picture of her in a bathing suit or will Hunter eat only Pizza? You will have to stay tuned!
I'm hoping to wrap this baby up this week and start on the pre-trip report. Lots and lots of stuff to talk about in it.

You've hit the nail on the head with all of those "key points"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
We went to Disney's Hilton Head Island resort for our spring break trip this year. I think I will do a TR, and combine it with our October 2012 WDW trip (better late than never, right?). Hopefully I can start soon!
Just a sneak preview - it was WONDERFUL! I definitely will be going back!
I'm one who often misses when trip reports have started so please be sure and let me know so I can read along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Hi Lisa!

Great updates!

Aww...your pictures of the Crystal Palace really make me want to go back! Yum!! Too funny about the bread!

Great pictures of MSEP! Although, I have to admit that I prefer Spectromagic and really wish they would bring it back.

Beautiful night time pictures of the castle!! Ugh! I know what you mean about not wanting to leave and trying to soak up every last moment especially at MK.
I like both nighttime parades but I think that Spectro wins out by a hair.

I can not stand leaving the park for the last time knowing that it will be a whole year before we are back.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #2943
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Let me take one more picture! Just one more! Okay! So two more! Two more![/

Let me take one more picture! Just one more! Okay! So two more! Two more!

The day of departure had arrived and all too soon in my opinion! Why does it seem as if it takes forever and a day for your vacation to start but the vacation itself goes way too quickly?

We finished getting dressed, teeth brushed, last minute packing up, etc. and I went outside to take just one more picture of our view:

Okay! So two more! Two more!

Lacey and Jesse didnt have as much stuff as we had so they were ready to go before we were. They also had to turn in the rental car by a certain time so they needed to get on the road. We exchanged teary eyed hugs because we knew that we wouldnt see them until Thanksgiving, possibly, Christmas. Six to seven long months!

John walked down with them and pulled the SCAR around to the circle drive and I stopped taking pictures to help load the luggage. Well, I stopped taking pictures for a minute but still was able to juggle the camera while pulling along a suitcase and carrying a tote:

After a couple of trips to and from the room, we had it all loaded in and it was time to do the did you get everything? Anybody gotta pee? call.

Just as we shut the room door, I remembered to take pictures of our room numbers.

We couldnt take putting it off any longer, it was time to go. We loaded ourselves into the SCAR and were leaving the Caribbean Beach Resort after our 9th stay. Bye Bye Caribbean Beach!

Our SCAR had been parked in the lot the entire time we were in Walt Disney World and we were happy to note that, after the good washing they received, the afghans did not smell nor did the luggage after being aired out. That was a huge relief! Not wanting to stop for gas in Kissimmee or on the stretch of highway towards Clermont, we decided to stop at the Hess station which was still on Disney property. Look who we saw shopping there:

They were so cute! Gas tank topped off, we were ready (as ready as you can be when leaving Disney) to head home. Goodbye Tower of Terror:

Dont I wish!

**Up next: Life is a highway! Were gonna drive it all flippin' day long!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #2944
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Leaving is never fun, but those ducks at the Hess station were adorable!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 03-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #2945
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I HATE goodbyes...they stink! But those ducks sure would have made me smile after my teary exit from Disney property. We have found the Hess on property to be cheaper than the stations right off property. Who would have thought that?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #2946
MEK
DIS Veteran

Lisa - I can't believe your trip has come to a end. *Sniff sniff* You mean you won't keep writing about it right up until the time you leave again in May?

I know I have said this before, but your pictures of CBR make me wish I could stay there again sometime soon. I know it won't happen with DVC, but boy I just love that seriously tropical vibe.

Loved your TR and can't wait to hear about your 2013 plans!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #2947
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Leaving is never fun, but those ducks at the Hess station were adorable!
Weren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I HATE goodbyes...they stink! But those ducks sure would have made me smile after my teary exit from Disney property. We have found the Hess on property to be cheaper than the stations right off property. Who would have thought that?
They did make me smile! I sure wouldn't have thought that gas would be cheaper onsite since they know that most will be filling up their tanks before heading home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Lisa - I can't believe your trip has come to a end. *Sniff sniff* You mean you won't keep writing about it right up until the time you leave again in May?

I know I have said this before, but your pictures of CBR make me wish I could stay there again sometime soon. I know it won't happen with DVC, but boy I just love that seriously tropical vibe.

Loved your TR and can't wait to hear about your 2013 plans!
I have extended this trip report almost past the point of no return. But, never fear, the pre-trip report is near!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #2948
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Noooooo! I don't want it to end! Great pictures on the way out though.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #2949
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Life is a highway! Weíre gonna drive it all flippin' day long! [/B]

Life is a highway! Weíre gonna drive it all flippin' day long!

All too soon, we were off Disney property and on our way home which is over 800 miles away from Disney. On the way to Disney, we break the driving down into two days. On the way home? We drive straight through stopping for pee, food and gas breaks although not necessarily in that order.

Before we left, Johnís boss was laughing about his trips to Florida as a kid and the hotels being called motor lodges and advertised air conditioning, swimming pools and colored television. As we drove through a couple of small towns, we noticed a hotel that did, in fact, still have the old signage that has similar advertising. Unfortunately, we couldnít get a good picture to take back to him:

Nice bus with lot of air conditioning that the citrus pickers use:

I forgot to mention that Hunter was in charge of the camera for most of the journey home thus the reason youíll notice a lot of pictures with the dash in them. I guess he was taking pictures of our view which was just trees and highway/interstate:

How Ďbout an upside down view :

Iím not 100% positive but I am pretty sure that the two men in my life a/k/a John and Hunter had fallen asleep thus the camera being back in my possession.

How far are we from Pensacola? 151 miles! Oh bother!

Is that a river we are passing:

151 miles later, I pulled into the rest area in Pensacola. It was a nice day and we decided to get out, walk around and stretch our legs. Despite the fact that we still had a few snacks in our tote, we still bought something from the vending machines :

There were some picnic tables outside so we took our snacks over and sat down for a while and enjoyed the fresh air. Warm air but fresh air.

Our view:

It was nice to get our of the SCAR for a while but we had traveling to do and lots of miles ahead. Hunter took control of the camera again:

Look how close this idiot in the red car was to us when he changed lanes:

It would not do for me to live in or around a big city. I donít get road rage but Iím a horn honker and am proud of it. John makes fun of me for using the horn so much and says that he has only blown his horn a total of a dozen times the whole time heís owned his truck. If they didnít want me to use my horn, then they shouldnít have installed them in my vehicle.

The following pictures were taken between Pensacola, Florida and Mobile, Alabama:

**Continued in next post

Old 03-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #2950
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Traffic was starting to pick up and I realized that it was close to 5:00 p.m. on a Saturday night:

Tunnel in Mobile:

Look at the time and temp. We still had 6+ hours of driving ahead of us:

The last blurry picture of The Watermelon Patch complete with giant watermelon in their drive:

Thankfully, the rest of the drive was uneventful and we pulled into our driveway very very late. The first thing that we did was go let Oddball out of his pen so he could give us a proper welcome home. We were as happy to see him as he was to see us. We let him run around while we brought a few bags in the house. Then, we put him up, sorted through the stack of mail and hit the sack!

**Up next: The Agony & The Ecstasy!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 03-25-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #2951
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Noooooo! I don't want it to end! Great pictures on the way out though.
I didn't want it to end either!

Old 03-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #2952
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Traffic looked good for your drive. Lots of good pictures too.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 03-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #2953
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I have to say my favorite picture is the upside down one. Your son just cracks me up.

I hated that long drive home...and, of course, our ride was a heck of a lot longer. And that is why we fly now (even though I hate flying).

It's always good to get out and stretch the legs...even if only for a few minutes.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #2954
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Only you could make interstate/rest stop pictures and details be fun, Lisa!

I can't believe it's the end. I've enjoyed reading your report. Look forward to reading your PTR!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: