Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #2866
francis6306
DIS Veteran

OoohhÖ little brother has a little to learn about married couples wanting alone timeÖ

I can't imagine getting Corey to take pictures in the bathroom! He gets the food pictures, but he hasn't been trained like John has been over all these years!!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 03-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #2867
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I had taken pictures of the girls side last March ,but I bet i hadn't gotten to that part of my TR yet when you traveled. Because I am so slow at posting. UGH. I wanted to get more of mine up today and not gonna happen again.

I am surprisee Hunter didn't leave with Jesse and Lacey, just to keep an eye on them. That what a lot of younger brothers do.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #2868
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm coming back with replies later but, right now, I'm working on yet another installment. I'm knocking these babies out left and right! Gotta love it when the boss is so busy that he can't give you tons of stuff to do. Don't get me wrong, I've got things on my desk but they are either done or I'm waiting on info to input. I'm loving it now but I know I'll be dreading the next couple of days when everything comes washing over me like a tsumani. Whooooosh!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #2869
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Where can I get a weinee at 1 in the morning?

Where can I get a weinee at 1 in the morning?

We left Storybook Circus and walked through Fantasyland and entered Liberty Square. In front of us was this family and the dad had on some groovy pants with dress shoes. They weren't speaking English so I know that they were from another country where groovy pants are the norm.

Made me want to do the hustle just lookin at em! Believe me when I tell you that the sight of me doing the hustle would have been much funnier looking than those groovy pants. Ooh baby, I can NOT dance. Aint got a bit of rhythm in me, I tell ya.

When we got to Liberty Square, we could see that there werent many people in the queue for The Haunted Mansion so in we went.

We walked right on in and into the stretch room with about a dozen other people. As always, we looked up when the lights went out. Theres always my way! says the Vincent Price sounding host. The doors opened up and we walked right onto the conveyor belt and plopped down in our doombuggy. What I wouldnt give for it to be that easy during the middle of the day. Most times you feel like cattle on their way to slaughter. Moo! Poke poke with the prod. Moo! Poke poke with the prod.

We shook off the hitchhikers in the end and walked back out into the park to see hardly any other folks out and about. We made a stop at The Liberty Tree with the 13 lanterns and I tried to take pictures but they turned out badly:

The bells were about to toll and the park would be closing soon so we made our way back towards the front of the park. Hunter declared that he was about to starve to death. Poor thing! Anybody know where I can get a weinee at 1 in the morning? Lets try Caseys! I was shocked to see that they were still open. There were two other families in front of us and two more who were at the table where the napkins and utensils are. John ordered Hunter a hotdog and got us a couple of drinks. In the meantime, I took pictures of the castle and Im quite proud of how they turned out despite the fact that I dont have a fancy smancy camera:

Hunter was pleased that he was able to get a hotdog at 1 a.m. and, bless his little heart, the hunger hadnt yet taken over and he asked if I needed to take a picture before he dug in.

This was about the time that they had changed over the buns so I took pictures of what the buns looked like:

Only true Disney lovers would appreciate the necessity of taking such pictures.

As long as we were making our way towards the front of the park, we may as well walk through the stores. There were still a few fellow stragglers who were, I suspect, were, like us, trying to stay in the park as long as they could.

We made it all the way through to the end of Main Street and I just had to do it. I had to. I had to take that last look at the castle in all of its glory. And freeze! What? Freeze? Yep, thats what Photobucket just did to me! The darn thing froze up on me.

So, you wont get that final picture of the castle. The castle that brought tears to my eyes because I knew that it would be a whole year before I would be back to see it. Bye bye sweet castle! Ill miss you!

**Up next: Let me take one more picture! Just one more! Okay! So two more! Two more!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 03-20-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #2870
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Oooh, those castle pictures are amazing! With the reflection in the water, beautiful. Now to go back and see what I missed.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #2872
JanaJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I know that most of my trip report readers are women but for those men out there, I have a question. Why is it considered okay for men to pee in front of each other out in the open like that? Iíve never understood that. Itís weird to me!
I'll take a stab at answering your question with another question. Why do women love to stand in endless lines when using the facilities? Men go in and take care of business and get the heck out. That's why we seldom have lines. BTW, we don't pee in front of each other - we do it next to each other. And yes....there is a difference in those two things. Also, notice the privacy walls.

Quote:
Why donít the womenís bathrooms have four rolls of toilet tissue?
I'm guessing that the newer restrooms at Disney will start having 4 rolls. That way Disney doesn't need to send someone in to add new rolls quite so often. That'll save them a little money.

4/15 POFQ
4/13 POFQ
10/11 BLT
7/07 POFQ
8/85 Golf Resort
Old 03-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #2874
francis6306
DIS Veteran

We didn't get a weinie on this trip and that makes me sad!! But I did get to try Peco Bill's, so it's okay, I guess. Casey's is sooo yummy!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 03-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #2875
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Pretty Castle pictures! I would guess if anywhere was still serving food it would be Casey's, since they are closest to the exit and where everyone would pass on their way out. Glad Hunter was able to enjoy his hot dog!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 03-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #2876
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why donít the womenís bathrooms have four rolls of toilet tissue?
I was wondering the same thing as I read this. I need to install four at my house! Maybe then there'll always be a roll on the spinner!

Quote:
In front of us was this family and the dad had on some groovy pants with dress shoes.
My daddy had some just like that in 1970....He also had a wide tie to match!

Quote:

Very pretty! Love the castle reflection in the water.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 03-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #2877
jusero
DIS Veteran

Here ya go Lisa. So you can relive your last night anytime you want to. Just click on the photos to see the video.

This one includes the kiss goodnight. And if you listen closely as we start our walk down Main Street, you can hear a grown woman whining about not wanting to go home and begging to stay. Oh, wait, that whiner is me!

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

Old 03-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #2878
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Haven't seen pants like that since "Austin Powers"

Love the castle reflection picture...you should sell that one to Disney for a postcard
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #2879
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaJohn View Post
I'll take a stab at answering your question with another question. Why do women love to stand in endless lines when using the facilities? Men go in and take care of business and get the heck out. That's why we seldom have lines. BTW, we don't pee in front of each other - we do it next to each other. And yes....there is a difference in those two things. Also, notice the privacy walls.
Plus don't forget the rules of urinal etiquette like always leave one between you and the next person if you don't know them or it's not crowded.

I know that most of my trip report readers are women but for those men out there, I have a question. Why is it considered okay for men to pee in front of each other out in the open like that? Iíve never understood that. Itís weird to me!

[/QUOTE]

It's funny that's not really something most guys think about it's just go in do your business wash your hands and head out.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 03-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #2880
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your castle photos are really pretty!! Ugh, I completely understand the "I'm going to take a picture of a Disney hot dog bun just so I can possibly delay leaving by another few seconds!"

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: