Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #2851
fiveofus-la
Earning My Ears

I have never experienced "Wishes", because my youngest DD was terrified of the fireworks for some reason. I was thinking about checking it out next trip, but if there's crying involved, I think I'm going to skip!

Old 03-19-2013, 05:32 AM   #2852
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I've heard of people becoming emotional during Wishes, but never having it cause a nosebleed!! Glad it stopped quickly!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #2853
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Love all the castle shots! So pretty.

And I don't wanna hear about your 70 degree weather! (insert pouty face here). We just got about 2 inches of wet slushy snow. With a nice crust of ice on top. Ick. Hopefully this will be our last one of the season.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 03-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #2854
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I always cry during wishes too, but I've never gotten a nosebleed from it!

I don't want it to end! So glad you'll have a PTR to bridge the gap. Thanks for sharing with us Lisa!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #2855
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserrai View Post
I have to tell you, I never cry, but I took my DD18 to the Magic Kingdom for the day just before she left for boot camp. I stood there in the middle of main street watching Wishes and looking at her... I thought I was going to lose it. I never would have dreamed fireworks could make you cry, but Wishes are the ones to do it!
I'd have been boo-hooing knowing that I was about to send her off to boot camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Another one who cries during "Wishes". I can't help it.
I can't help it either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I miss Magic, Memories and You! The new version of that show (Celebrate the Magic) is good, but the music of MMY was so amazing!
I agree!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #2856
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I can't believe that we haven't seen Wishes yet…
You really need to try and work it into your next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
What an update. You don't just give your tears to Disney you give blood. So sorry you had a nosebleed.

I haven't seen the new castle show. Thanks for sharing your pictures. You were at a great vantage point. Where are you standing? Near Crystal Palace?
And don't forget the sweat....it was really hot!

Yes, we were standing near Crystal Palace for the show and fireworks. Is JJ okay with fireworks?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #2857
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveofus-la View Post
I have never experienced "Wishes", because my youngest DD was terrified of the fireworks for some reason. I was thinking about checking it out next trip, but if there's crying involved, I think I'm going to skip!
Oh but it's the best kind of crying there is! You really need to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I've heard of people becoming emotional during Wishes, but never having it cause a nosebleed!! Glad it stopped quickly!!
What can I say? I give blood, sweat and tears to Disney!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #2858
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Love all the castle shots! So pretty.

And I don't wanna hear about your 70 degree weather! (insert pouty face here). We just got about 2 inches of wet slushy snow. With a nice crust of ice on top. Ick. Hopefully this will be our last one of the season.
Usually, if we get any sort of winter weather, it's ice and I hate it! I can't even imagine having as much snow and ice and ya'll have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I always cry during wishes too, but I've never gotten a nosebleed from it!

I don't want it to end! So glad you'll have a PTR to bridge the gap. Thanks for sharing with us Lisa!
Leave it to me to have an usual reaction to Wishes!

I'm trying to wrap up the trip report so I can start a pre-trip report. We are just over 60 days until we leave!

Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #2859
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You two are total woosies!

You two are total woosies!

Once I had my nosebleed stopped, we talked about what to do next since the park was open for extra evening hours. During the discussion, I took pictures of the castle as it changed colors. I love the castle and want to live in it someday. Of course, I’ll have to fight Cinderella for it but I’m a tough broad and think I can take her.

After some discussion, Lacey and Jesse decided that they were going to call it a night and head back to the resort. John, Hunter and I were going over to see what the next Mickey’s Toontown, I mean, Storybook Circus area looked like. We hugged Lacey and Jesse goodnight and then Hunter told them “You two are total woosies!” We parted ways with the two of them walking down Main Street and John, Hunter and I walking through Tomorrowland to get to the new Storybook Circus area. At the time, the construction of the new Fantasyland was still in full force and they had just opened the new bathrooms there. Even the water/splash/play area was still under construction. From what I had read, one of the Dumbos was in operation but the other was not. Yep, it was running!

Hunter wanted to ride Barnstormer despite the fact that it’s a kiddie ride. Love that my teenager doesn’t give two cents what others think about him. If he wants to do something, he does it. John decided to sit this one out because he says that the ride always hurts his back.

I thought that the new queue was cute. The other was just a plain old line with not much of anything to see.

**Continued in next post

Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #2860
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Stand right there Hunter while I throw some sharp knives at you!

The ride was pretty much a walk-on and we were boarding our plane in no time:

The ride over all too quickly, we walked over to John who was sitting on a ledge waiting for us. He asked if anybody had posted pictures of the new bathroom on the Disboards yet and when I told him that I hadn’t seen any yet, he decided that it was his mission to take a few. He hung the camera around his neck and went inside.

I know that most of my trip report readers are women but for those men out there, I have a question. Why is it considered okay for men to pee in front of each other out in the open like that? I’ve never understood that. It’s weird to me!

Inside the stall:

Why don’t the women’s bathrooms have four rolls of toilet tissue?

John came out grinning like a possum that he had taken those pictures. His mission had been accomplished.

We peeked through the mesh at the splash area but it was dark and we couldn’t make anything out. So much for taking pictures. I could, however, take pictures of the posters on the walls leading into the area:

**Up next: Where can I get a weinee at 1 in the morning?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #2862
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I fully intend to ride the Barnstormer this trip (is it still called that?). I haven't been on a roller coaster in many years and I really want to do it again. (My weight was a factor before -- when the bar doesn't go down, it is rather embarrassing.) I am going to start with the Barnstormer, then do BTMRR and if that goes well, then I might, just might, try one more. Nah, I'll be proud of myself if I can just do those two!

I am also trying a water slide (at POFQ) this trip. I haven't done one of those since a very scary experience 20+ years ago. I was scared but didn't realize that what was happening to me wasn't supposed to happen until I was met at the bottom by two lifeguards and my family. I thought I came very close to flying over the side and apparently they all thought so too.

So, if Hunter can do Barnstormer, then I feel totally comfortable doing it.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #2863
BMC423
DIS Veteran

First of all I was literally laughing out loud at your bread story, especially when I got to Hunter's pic, that boy had "I'm up to something" written all over his face! I'm glad you got your mama her bread, it's the small things.

Your wishes pics made me remember how awesome it is! We have missed it on our last two trips. Hopefully we'll see it this year!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #2864
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I'm at John being so proud of himself for getting pictures in the new men's room. I kind of want to know why the men get so many more rolls of TP in their stalls too, but I kind of know the answer too....

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 03-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #2865
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I fully intend to ride the Barnstormer this trip (is it still called that?). I haven't been on a roller coaster in many years and I really want to do it again. (My weight was a factor before -- when the bar doesn't go down, it is rather embarrassing.) I am going to start with the Barnstormer, then do BTMRR and if that goes well, then I might, just might, try one more. Nah, I'll be proud of myself if I can just do those two!

I am also trying a water slide (at POFQ) this trip. I haven't done one of those since a very scary experience 20+ years ago. I was scared but didn't realize that what was happening to me wasn't supposed to happen until I was met at the bottom by two lifeguards and my family. I thought I came very close to flying over the side and apparently they all thought so too.

So, if Hunter can do Barnstormer, then I feel totally comfortable doing it.
I love the Barnstormer!! It's a great fast ride. I'm not a big fan of roller coasters, mostly I hate large drops. Like you I'm going to try and face my fears this year as my DS will be tall enough for Splash Mountain.

Your water slide experience sounds pretty scary!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: