Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #2671
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

yes too cute!!! I can't believe how much hunter has grown the first tr of yours that i read on the other site!!! He looks soooooo tall now!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #2672
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
yes too cute!!! I can't believe how much hunter has grown the first tr of yours that i read on the other site!!! He looks soooooo tall now!
He has grown up soooo very much!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #2673
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

ANNNNNNND....JUST CALL ME MRS. STUPID PANTS BECAUSE I JUST DELETED THE PRIVATE MESSAGES THAT I JUST SENT TO EVERYBODY A FEW MINUTES AGO. WELL, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PWDEBBIE WHICH SOMEHOW MIRACULOUSLY SURVIVED MY IDIOCY! I THOUGHT THAT I SAID THIS WEEK WAS GOING TO BE BETTER!

ANYWAY, THOSE OF YOU WHO I SENT MESSAGES TO JUST ABOUT 30 MINUTES AGO, SHOOT ME A COPY OF WHAT I SENT TO YOU SO THAT I CAN REPLY AFTER LOOKING AT MY FABRICS TONIGHT. IN THE MESSAGE LINE, FEEL FREE TO SAY "DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE YOU DUMMY!"

I PROMISE YA'LL THAT THIS IS NOT HOW I NORMALLY OPERATE!

Old 03-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #2674
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
ANNNNNNND....JUST CALL ME MRS. STUPID PANTS BECAUSE I JUST DELETED THE PRIVATE MESSAGES THAT I JUST SENT TO EVERYBODY A FEW MINUTES AGO. WELL, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PWDEBBIE WHICH SOMEHOW MIRACULOUSLY SURVIVED MY IDIOCY! I THOUGHT THAT I SAID THIS WEEK WAS GOING TO BE BETTER!

ANYWAY, THOSE OF YOU WHO I SENT MESSAGES TO JUST ABOUT 30 MINUTES AGO, SHOOT ME A COPY OF WHAT I SENT TO YOU SO THAT I CAN REPLY AFTER LOOKING AT MY FABRICS TONIGHT. IN THE MESSAGE LINE, FEEL FREE TO SAY "DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE YOU DUMMY!"

I PROMISE YA'LL THAT THIS IS NOT HOW I NORMALLY OPERATE!
Just blame it on a case of the Mondays!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Old 03-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #2675
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Iím singing in the rain! Just singing in the rain! What a glorious feeling

Iím singing in the rain! Just singing in the rain! What a glorious feeling!

A warning to you all: This update is going to be heavy laden with photos and short on words/comments/etc. which is a feat for me since I only shut my mouth when Iím sleeping. Well, actually I sometimes talk in my sleep.

Once we left the food court, we walked through the Old Port Royale outside courtyard, over the bridge and to our rooms in Aruba. I took pictures along the way, of course.

The picnic tables in the courtyard thatís near the main pool:

The marina:

The fish swimming around in the resort lake:

Some shots of the pool, one of the hot tubs and the kids play area which I took through the bars around the pool:

Looking towards the island as we were walking in that direction:

Pictures taken on the island. A couple of years ago, they built a new playground on the island.

[IMG]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n526/disneytripreport/disney%20trip%20report%20part%202/DSCF4124.jpg[/IMG

Old 03-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #2676
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

There are even cannons on the island just in case the resort is invaded by pirates!

The views from the island and from the bridge that connects the island to the other side of the resort:

At first, I couldn’t remember why I had a semi-close up picture of the bridge but then remembered that someone on the CBR thread asked how steep it was.

Looking back at the bridge:

We made it back to the room and split up for a while with Lacey & Jesse going to their room and Hunter, John and I going to our’s. I packed up a few things that I knew we wouldn’t need the next day or while on the road. John said that he was going to take a short nap and Hunter was...Hunter was....hum, probably on the internet, texting or watching television or a combination of all three which was probably the case.

After a little while, I became restless and couldn’t sit still. I told Hunter that I was going to talk a walk around the resort and take some pictures. I grabbed my cellphone and an umbrella just in case it started to rain again. I stepped out and not 2 seconds after I hit the promenade, I felt rain drops. Oh well, I popped open my Disney Parks umbrella and started my walk. I’m singing in the rain! Just singing in the rain! What a glorious feeling!

I started out by taking pictures of the view in front of me and then turned to the right and started towards Jamaica:

Someone on the CBR thread was also asking what a parking lot view looked like so I took the stairs on one of the buildings and took a picture of the view:

The pathway between the Aruba buildings:

I heard an airplane in the distance and looked up to see a small plane pulling a banner. I always thought that the area over Disney was a no-fly zone but I guess not since we see the smoke writer airplanes and then I was this one:

Then, I saw the banner which I refuse to post a picture of as it is controversial. When the plane was pulling the banner, I couldn’t tell what it said so I took a picture thinking that I could zoom in on it and read it. I read it and thought that I deleted it but I see that I didn’t and it got uploaded to Photobucket. I’ll just say that it had something to do with Gay Days. It’s not my place to judge what anyone does or how anyone chooses to live their life. As far as I’m concerned nobody has the right to judge! To each his or her own.

Annnyway, I continued my walk towards Jamaica in the sprinkling rain. Most folks had more sense than I did and had stayed in their rooms or they were in the park. I don’t know but I do know that I didn’t see a half dozen people out and about that afternoon.

Pizza delivery man!

I love the yellow buildings in Jamaica:

Up ahead is the hill that’s heck to pedal up if you’re on a surrey bike and dangerous to go down on the other side. Remember the time we went flying down the hill and my foot his the fast turning pedal and flew over my head and out the back of the surrey bike? Oh what fun that was!

On top of the bridge:

The next village that I wanted to visit was Trinidad South where the pirate rooms are located. I was hoping to catch a mousekeeper and ask if I could take a look inside of one of the unoccupied rooms but I didn’t see a single one. The walkway to Trinidad South from the top of the bridge:

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 03-08-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #2677
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Another banner pulling plane was flying overhead with another ďmessageĒ on it. I kept on walking and looking for a mousekeeper. Trinidad South:

Pretty courtyard between the buildings:

After walking through several of the buildings, I gave up trying to find a mousekeeper and started back towards the main promenade:

This time, I took the route that went underneath the bridge:

Soon, I found myself in Trinidad North and I took the short path to the swimming pool:

**Oops, gotta stop here. Just got a call from someone who will be here before 5:00.

Up Next: Iím singing in the rain! Continued!

Old 03-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #2678
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Disney is not a no-fly zone, but there is a minimum distance above it that you have to be. So it's a no-fly-under-this-altitude zone!

Your pictures of CBR make me so, so, so happy I'll be staying there very soon!!!!!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Old 03-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #2681
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I love love love your walk around the resort. You took so many pictures! I like that you really showed a lot of different things that people might be wondering about.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #2682
MEK
DIS Veteran

CBR is so beautiful! Thank you for posting all the lovely pictures! So, so, so pretty! I remember running on all those same paths and thinking I was in heaven. I love all the quite pools and the little sitting areas.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #2683
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa, I'm sorry for your loss, . I hope the rest of the week continues to be a a good one for your whole family. WTG Hunter on the driving!

I'm finally all caught up! I love your CBR pictures! It truly is a beautiful resort!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #2684
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh shoot! I owe you some info on the CBR. I totally forgot about that. Sooooooo, what's the deal Lucille? Going to my favorite resort soon? Any chance that our trips might overlap again?
No overlapping.... At least not that I know of but here lately I never know when Keith will say "Let's go to Disney!" But, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I didn't say that about him!! We are going during Spring Break next week. We have a friend going close to your time and they are from Monroe also. I have been helping her plan since it is her family's first time to go.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #2685
DreamingofCastles
Earning My Ears

Your awesome pictures make me want to go back, We were in Trinidad North in September and LOVED it!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: