Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #2596
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffer66 View Post
How cool about Duck Dynasty house party!! My kids are counting down till the next season starts!! They enjoy picking on me because of Monroe being my hometown!!

Not the last day? Somehow I missed that your trip was coming to an end. But your next trip will be here soon, right? My trip is not until October!!

I hear ya about the driving thing. I have one who has her license, one who has a permit, and one who is studying for his permit. And that doesn't include the next three!!
Tiffany
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Too bad I can't come crash the party!! Sounds like a good time!!! My coworkers laugh at me and my "sweet tea addiction." Um… no! I do NOT have an addiction- watch Duck Dynasty if you want to see someone with a sweet tea addiction!

We have not rode the Stitch ride. I've seen enough people that say they don't like it- so we don't even bother!! We haven't watched the movie though, so that probably helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Sounds like a fun party! We watch Duck Dynasty religiously and can't wait for the new season! I love that it is clean, family friendly, and always has a good lesson. And I love that they get together for dinner and pray at the end of each show. Good stuff....and they really do just crack me up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaJohn View Post
Hi Lisa - since you're hosting a Duck Dynasty party and the family lives in your hometown maybe you should stop by their business and drop off some invitations to see if any of them might show up at your place. Wouldn't that be COOL! The worst that could happen is that none of them can make it to your party. But if one of them did show up....WOW!!!! I doubt any of the other locations even stand a chance of someone from the show stopping by their party. Your's could be the 1 in a 1,000 party!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
That is a great idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
So glad your party was a success!! I'm sure you had a blast!!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm glad your party turned out great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Yay for a great party last night! I can't wait to see the pictures of all of the fun. And how sweet of you to put something together to show them!

Good luck driving with Hunter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Sounds like a great party! Saw the pics on Facebook and it looks like everyone had a great time.

On a driving note...Dan got his license in September and tonight he is making his first big "all by himself" trip. For his birthday we bought him tickets to see Pentatonix (for anyone who watches The Sing-Off on TV, they won last season) in Ithaca which is about two hours away. I'm not gonna lie...I am nervous! He's taking a friend along so that helps, but this mama is gonna be awake till he makes it safely back home!
I am sooooo behind on my replies! Please forgive me! Like I said in my earlier post, the Duck Dynasty party was a complete success. I took about 150 pictures but some were "just in case" pictures. You know the ones that you take "just in case" the first one didn't come out good and you couldn't see if on the little bitty camera screen.

JanaJohn, I did try to get one or more of the Duck Dynasty crew set up to come by but they were making appearances elsewhere (out of State) so it couldn't happen.

Missy, I hope that Dan made the trip to Ithaca and back safely. I remember the first time that Lacey made a semi-long trip by herself. I was a nervous wreck. Then, when she was driving back and forth from Louisiana to Georgia all by herself, I worried that something would happen on that long trip.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #2597
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Rain on the last day....That stinks! Sounds like you got to do some fun indoor/covered things though. That's the great part about MK--so many rides/attractions are indoors and the lines are covered sometimes.

Hoping the rain stopped after your lunch/rest.
Didn't ya'll have rain on your last day too? Oh well, I'll take a rainy day in Disney over a rainy day in Louisiana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
omg you're staying at POR How cool!! I loved it there but in May i'm going to AOA for my ariel maniac,but on the plus side in October i'll get in some POFQ time.Can't wait to see pics of ur party I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!
We have a one night reservation at POR and then will be switching over to CBR. I hope that we get there early enough to check out the POR grounds. They look beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I had been so behind and wondered how you were having a Duck Dynasty new season party when I read it on facebook, now I know. You got a DVD sneak peek. We can't wait to see it. It's one of those shows that is funny and clean.

Too bad about the rain on your last MK day. I have had that happen before too, but it was one of those POURING all day rains. it sucked and we left early. That was many years ago when Michael and Paige were little.
It doesn't seem that long ago till I do the math and their ages.
We've become used to it raining on us while at Disney but on this day, we were all tired from going going going and we knew that we needed a break from the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
OK, caught up now.

Bummer on the rain. But sounds like you did a pretty good job dodging it, at least until you were leaving.

Yeah. Stitch. I was forced to experience the attraction this summer because it was part of the Y.E.S energy and waves program. I had made a list of suggestions for everyone on the class trip. One of them was "Don't go on Stitch. That's 30 minutes of your life you won't get back"

And it ended up being the first thing we did at MK!

That is so cool about the Duck Dynasty party. Can't wait to see your pictures.
It's funny how so many people don't like Stitch! I don't love him but I don't dislike him either. John, on the other hand, can't stand him. Too funny that you ended up doing it first thing on your MK day.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #2598
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Hey Lisa- my backsack and I are back from Mexico.

I have to tell you it is so convenient- I used it when I just wanted to bring a few things to dinner, or stash my son's ball cap and I even used it for a carryon on the plane trips on the way home on Friday.

I went with a nature-themed print instead of Disney, but Lisa offered to customize it with a mouseears patch if I wanted.

My favorite use of the backsack is at Disney. if I am just carrying a few things, like a camera case, refill mug or bottle of water, I fold up the backsack and put it in my pocket, carry everything else in my hands, skip bag check and enter the park. Then I can carry the things in the backsack.

End of unpaid endorsement

Yikes on the driving lessons. I'll be entering that stage with Nate in the next year or so.

Time to get caught up on your report.
Thanks a bunch for the unpaid endorsement! I need to send you another backsack as a repayment. Seriously...p.m. me your address and I'll do it.

I really do love taking a backsack along. Like you said, it's such an easy way to travel and tote your things around.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #2599
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Where can I get more info about these backsacks?
I'll be posting a lot of pictures of my most recent backsack creaations this afternoon. I can make custom made ones or you can chose from what's already made. If you want more info after I post the pictures, just shoot me a PM.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #2600
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I can't wait to see the pictures from your party! Hilarious that they included beards!

I am just now catching up with your last day too - BOO on the rain, I hope it stops!
The pictures with the beards were hilarious. I have one of my niece with one on top of her head and one on her face. Too funny!

Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #2601
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Vinny saw the pic and asked if it was the coke place at Epcot and I said yes and he said I will be there in a week. LOL. He doesn’t mind the Beverly either. I say yuck.

You and Vinny will be back very very soon! Lucky you!

Soarin’ is one my faves.

Me too!

That was a lot deciding on resorts. I want to try everyone. This trip next week we are trying Kidani then we move to POP. Hope you try POR, we love it.

I know! We went back and forth on resorts and finally just went with what we know we like.

I remember Captain Kangaroo.

I remember watching him as a kid and laughing like crazy at his antics.

The Canadian movie is good. You should check it out sometime.

I'm putting it on our May list.

LOL. I called the Epcot booths twice.

We will be trying to get someone to answer when we go back in May.

Great that you got 2 pearls.

I was so surprised and that they were big too.

OOH I want the giant Reese’s. LOL

I couldn't believe how bit it was! Jesse loves Reese's.

Very nice pics of the ice.

We hardly ever have any sort of Wintery weather so the ice was a pretty surprise.

I do remember days like that in the neighborhood. I am so glad I grew up when I did.

Me too! We ran around the neighborhood until it got dark and didn't want to go home then.

Coral Reef is a fun place to eat.

We love it and are going back in May.

Nice pics of Illuminations.

Thank you!

I would have been running and screaming like a little girl if I saw the snake.

I can't believe that I didn't run since I'm scared of them.

The jumping story is hysterical.

Poor John had a sticker in his butt!

CBR looks so pretty.

It is a beautiful resort and I'm ready to be back there right now.

Breakfast at WCC sounds good. Never been there.

Oh you need to go, it's delicious!

Poor Paula.
Sorry but tried Duck Dynasty and just could not get into it but that is great for you to be picked.

I can understand how it's not for everybody but we find the humor funny.
And I am all caught up. Looking forward to reading more.
I was just over on your report getting caught up and realized that I didn't post. I'll be back over there in a bit.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #2602
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I think that I'll post pictures of the A&E Duck Dynasty Ducked Out House Party! first since it'll take me a little while to write up the next trip report installment.

I am not sure if any of you are familiar with House Party but it's a neat website. I guess the best way to describe it is: Various companies go to House Party, tell them that they want people to see their newest product and House Party searches for hosts/hostesses to give parties that showcase that product. There is a limited number of host spots so you must apply and then show your "I want to host" enthusiasm to all of your friends, Facebook community, blog, etc.

I've hosted parties in the past including Splenda, Planter's peanut butter, Walgreen's, Beyblade and several others. Because Duck Dynasty is filmed right here in our town, I really really wanted to get chosen for one of the 1,000 host spots. I figured that my chances were slim to none considering that Duck Dynasty is A&E's number one watched television show and it's popular around the world. But, I figured, hey, why not give it a shot? I shouted my enthusiasm to the rooftops and it paid off! I was one of the 1,000 chosen.

So, on Saturday, February 23rd I had 19 guests over and we had a Ducked Out party! The party pack that was provided by A&E and House Party included 6 Duck Dynasty cups, a bandana, a t-shirt for me to wear, recipe cards, face masks, two beards, coasters, Who Said It game cards, and a sneak peek DVD (it also included two episodes that had already aired minus commercials).

Because we live near the Duck Comander store, I went over and bought a bunch of items to give away as door prizes. That's not a requirement but I know that I like going to parties and winning or having the chance to win door prizes so I made the choice to spend my own money on the "extras".

My daddy was a duck hunter, fisherman and all around outdoorsman and I have several of his things decorating my house already. I pulled other items out of storage and used them to decorate as well.

Get ready for lots and lots of pictures! I'm talking lots! A whole lot! A mega lot!

My party pack arrived:

Contents of the party pack:

Once you're chosen to host, House Party provides you with access to printable games, logos, party favors, etc. I used the logo and the Who Said It game printable to make one game pad for each guest:

I went to the Duck Commander and A&E Duck Dynasty page and printed off various pictures and made a big burlap covered collage complete with crawfish crawling around the pictures:

Close-ups of the pictures:

Because I'm the designated party planner in my family, guests come with the expectation that I'll have some unique ideas for decorations, games, etc. This time, I chose to have a photo session for my guests complete with a homemade duck blind frame:

If any of ya'll ever think about making one of these, don't! It may not look like much but I worked for two solid hours on that thing. The Spanish moss gets everywhere and it's a pain in the behind to clean up. It turned out to be a hit with the guests though so I guess that it was worth it.

**Photo session pictures will be posted a little later

**Continued in next post

Old 02-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #2603
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Pictures of the goodie bag and game prizes that were purchased at the Duck Commander store:

These recipe cards were included in the party box but I used them as a game prize:

I put the items in gift bags and used the logo as a decoration:

This poster also came in the party box:

This was my table centerpiece. It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted it to but that was my daddy's decoy so it made it special to me and my Mama:

Bright and early Saturday morning, I came up with the bright idea that we'd play Duck Dynasty bingo. I printed out a blank bingo card with the word DUCK at the top and a diamond symbol on each side of the word. Sounds easy doesn't it? It was easy but, in order for each and every card to be different, I had to handwrite the words in each box and I had to mix up the words. The words that I used were words associated with Duck Dynasty like "Willie, Phil, Korie, John Luke, Sadie, Si, Jase, Cole, Bible, Redneck Water Park, Goat, Boat, Alligator, Nutria, Ninja, Lawn Mower Racing" and a lot more. I thought that I'd probably have about 25 people show up so I had a lot of cards to make. I had a severe case of writer's cramp by the time I was finished but it paid off because everybody had a great time!

I had Hunter take control of the camera and asked that he take a few of everybody while I was getting the food out of the oven. We had guests from the age of 7 to 88:

One of our local newspapers had an article about the Duck Commander crew and I had saved it since nothing exciting ever happens around here. I had it sitting out:

My daddy's duck decoys:

If ya'll watch Duck Dynasty, you'll remember that Willie received a sword as a gift and the guys broke it. We used one of Hunter's swords as decoration and I made a sign saying The Lonesome Panther Do Not Touch Willie's Orders.

I used this table as my work area while calling out bingo words, handing out prizes, etc.:

**Continued in next post

Old 02-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #2604
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hunter came in the kitchen to take pictures of the food and, bless his little heart, he didn't uncover any of the desserts before taking pics or take pictures of the placecards showing the names of the various hot dishes. We had Mrs. Kay's jambalaya, crawfish etouffe', red beans and rice and crawfish rotini. For picky eaters, we had Godwin's ham samiches and assorted dips. We also had cheese and rotel dip.

Looks like Hunter took a couple of pictures of my collage creation:

Everyone enjoyed the food and we had a great time of fellowship with each other. Two of the three cousins that are going to Disney at the same time as us were there and, of course, the talk included our upcoming trips. The little girl in the previous picture is one of their daughters and the one that I was on a mission to find the earrings for during our trip.

**Up next: Lots of Mrs. Kay and The Duck Blind pictures

Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #2605
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

After eating, we played the Who Said It game and I handed out prizes until they were all gone. I think that I had a total of 17 bags so everybody but my immediate family came away with something. (I made sure that we didn't win anything.)

Next came the picture taking! First off, I'm going to say "holy crap, look at my hair!" I was running behind getting ready and I did nothing but dry it and it looks a hot mess. Oh well, it is what it is.

Not only did I have the guests taking pictures with the beards provided in the party pack but I also had an apron and wooden spoon for the ladies to dress like Mrs. Kay if they didn't want to wear the beard.

My aunt can't get around like she used to so we took the photo session to her:

My Mama!

Mama and Hunter.....like she'd ever give that boy a whacking with a wooden spoon:

Me and my love muffin:

My niece had a beard on top of her head and on her face:

**Continued in next post

Old 02-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #2606
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Games played and food in our tummies, there was one last thing to do.....watch the sneak peek DVD!

Hunter with his autographed Duck Commander shirt:

We all laughed and laughed at the sneak peek. I did video a little bit of us watching it but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it since the episode hasn't aired yet. I think I'll not post it just in case I'm not supposed to.

While everybody was gathering up their stuff and getting ready to go, I took a few pictures of the guests with the masks that were provided in the party pack:

It seemed as if everyone had a great time at the party! Thank you A&E and House Party for giving me one of the hostess spots!

Old 02-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #2607
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Wow, you are a party planning extraordinaire!!! That looks like it was a fantastic party and fun for all.

I was literally at the picture of Hunter and Mama in The Duck Blind frame, dressed up!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #2608
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Wow, you are a party planning extraordinaire!!! That looks like it was a fantastic party and fun for all.

I was literally at the picture of Hunter and Mama in The Duck Blind frame, dressed up!
Why thank you! I love having parties and get-togethers are my house. My floor plan allows the people in the kitchen to talk to the people in the dining room and the people in the dining room to talk to the people in the living room. And, the rooms are fairly large so we can get a pretty good crowd in without feeling smooshed together.

Mama and Hunter are two silly willies!

Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #2609
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I promise that a Disney installment is coming soon but I've had several people send me messages asking about my backsacks. The following are the ones that I already have made and are ready for sale. Sorry for the wrinkles in some, they do iron out and will be ironed before mailing.

I do take custom orders and would be glad to send pictures of the fabric that I have on hand or take questions from those who are asking for specific colors, initials, etc.

I still need to do the stitching around the Mickey but it will be a color that blends in with the fabric:

If you see anything that you like, shoot me a message and I'll give you more info!

Old 02-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #2610
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

The backsacks are adorable! I love the Muppets one!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: