Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #2581
JanaJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! That's me practicing my duck callin'! Why? Because I was chosen as one of the 1,000 hostesses by A&E and House Party to host the Duck Dynasty Ducked Out! house party. Do ya'll watch Duck Dynasty on A&E? If you don't, then you should because it's good clean hilarious family fun. And, guess what!?! They live right here in my hometown. Yep, I pass right by their business every work day and the CEO and his brother live close enough to my house that I often pass them driving right past my street.
Hi Lisa - since you're hosting a Duck Dynasty party and the family lives in your hometown maybe you should stop by their business and drop off some invitations to see if any of them might show up at your place. Wouldn't that be COOL! The worst that could happen is that none of them can make it to your party. But if one of them did show up....WOW!!!! I doubt any of the other locations even stand a chance of someone from the show stopping by their party. Your's could be the 1 in a 1,000 party!!!

4/15 POFQ
4/13 POFQ
10/11 BLT
7/07 POFQ
8/85 Golf Resort
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #2582
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaJohn

Hi Lisa - since you're hosting a Duck Dynasty party and the family lives in your hometown maybe you should stop by their business and drop off some invitations to see if any of them might show up at your place. Wouldn't that be COOL! The worst that could happen is that none of them can make it to your party. But if one of them did show up....WOW!!!! I doubt any of the other locations even stand a chance of someone from the show stopping by their party. Your's could be the 1 in a 1,000 party!!!
That is a great idea!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #2583
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Rain on the last day....That stinks! Sounds like you got to do some fun indoor/covered things though. That's the great part about MK--so many rides/attractions are indoors and the lines are covered sometimes.

Hoping the rain stopped after your lunch/rest.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #2584
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Good morning! I hope that ya'll have had a great weekend so far. The sun is shining and, so far, it's been a glorious day that the Lord has made.

The Duck Dynasty party was a complete success! The only thing that could have made it better were if one of the Duck Commander cast and crew could have come by. Unfortunately, each one of them were making apperaances out of the State so it didn't happen. However, I'm going to put together a photo collage for them and take it by.

The sneak peek DVD that they sent got us all reeved up for the upcoming season! It looks like it's going to be as funny as ever!

I took lots and lots of pictures and I hope to get them uploaded to photobucket so that I can share them with ya'll.

This afternoon, Hunter and I will be hitting the road so that he can get some more driving practice. I think we'll drive out to my brother and sister in law's home construction and see how it's looking.

Chat with ya'll either later this evening or tomorrow.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 02-26-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #2585
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

omg you're staying at POR How cool!! I loved it there but in May i'm going to AOA for my ariel maniac,but on the plus side in October i'll get in some POFQ time.Can't wait to see pics of ur party I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #2586
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So glad your party was a success!! I'm sure you had a blast!!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 02-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #2587
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm glad your party turned out great!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #2588
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Yay for a great party last night! I can't wait to see the pictures of all of the fun. And how sweet of you to put something together to show them!

Good luck driving with Hunter!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 02-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #2589
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Speaking of backsacks, mine will be taking a trip next week. Wonder where in the world it will be (and it's not the World).

I love the backsack I ordered from Lisa. When I am back, I will post a picture of it from our destination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Thanks for the review of my backsacks Dee! I love taking them on trips because you can smoosh so much into one and just sling it over your back. Now you've got me wondering....where will your backsack be? I'm excited to hear!

Hey Lisa- my backsack and I are back from Mexico.

I have to tell you it is so convenient- I used it when I just wanted to bring a few things to dinner, or stash my son's ball cap and I even used it for a carryon on the plane trips on the way home on Friday.

I went with a nature-themed print instead of Disney, but Lisa offered to customize it with a mouseears patch if I wanted.

My favorite use of the backsack is at Disney. if I am just carrying a few things, like a camera case, refill mug or bottle of water, I fold up the backsack and put it in my pocket, carry everything else in my hands, skip bag check and enter the park. Then I can carry the things in the backsack.

End of unpaid endorsement

Yikes on the driving lessons. I'll be entering that stage with Nate in the next year or so.

Time to get caught up on your report.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #2590
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I had been so behind and wondered how you were having a Duck Dynasty new season party when I read it on facebook, now I know. You got a DVD sneak peek. We can't wait to see it. It's one of those shows that is funny and clean.

Too bad about the rain on your last MK day. I have had that happen before too, but it was one of those POURING all day rains. it sucked and we left early. That was many years ago when Michael and Paige were little.
It doesn't seem that long ago till I do the math and their ages.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #2591
natebenma
DIS Veteran

OK, caught up now.

Bummer on the rain. But sounds like you did a pretty good job dodging it, at least until you were leaving.

Yeah. Stitch. I was forced to experience the attraction this summer because it was part of the Y.E.S energy and waves program. I had made a list of suggestions for everyone on the class trip. One of them was "Don't go on Stitch. That's 30 minutes of your life you won't get back"

And it ended up being the first thing we did at MK!

That is so cool about the Duck Dynasty party. Can't wait to see your pictures.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #2592
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Where can I get more info about these backsacks?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #2593
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I can't wait to see the pictures from your party! Hilarious that they included beards!

I am just now catching up with your last day too - BOO on the rain, I hope it stops!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #2594
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great party! Saw the pics on Facebook and it looks like everyone had a great time.

On a driving note...Dan got his license in September and tonight he is making his first big "all by himself" trip. For his birthday we bought him tickets to see Pentatonix (for anyone who watches The Sing-Off on TV, they won last season) in Ithaca which is about two hours away. I'm not gonna lie...I am nervous! He's taking a friend along so that helps, but this mama is gonna be awake till he makes it safely back home!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #2595
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Vinny saw the pic and asked if it was the coke place at Epcot and I said yes and he said I will be there in a week. LOL. He doesn’t mind the Beverly either. I say yuck.
Soarin’ is one my faves.
That was a lot deciding on resorts. I want to try everyone. This trip next week we are trying Kidani then we move to POP. Hope you try POR, we love it.
I remember Captain Kangaroo.
The Canadian movie is good. You should check it out sometime.
LOL. I called the Epcot booths twice.
Great that you got 2 pearls.
OOH I want the giant Reese’s. LOL
Very nice pics of the ice.
I do remember days like that in the neighborhood. I am so glad I grew up when I did.
Coral Reef is a fun place to eat.
Nice pics of Illuminations.
I would have been running and screaming like a little girl if I saw the snake.
The jumping story is hysterical.
CBR looks so pretty.
Breakfast at WCC sounds good. Never been there.
Poor Paula.
Sorry but tried Duck Dynasty and just could not get into it but that is great for you to be picked.
And I am all caught up. Looking forward to reading more.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: