Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #2371
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I get a little creeped out by snakes, not nearly as bad as I used to be...

I now work in the Science dept at a university, and two of our professors have snakes and lizards in their offices. Yeah... We get entertained at feeding time around here!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #2372
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I actually love snakes, and corn snakes are so gorgeous! I would be a little shocked though to find one in a store, and would still want Animal Control to get it so a child didn't try to handle it and get bit.

You/Hunter took lots of great pictures of the incident!
Stephanie! Put your forehead on your computer screen right now so I can reach out and feel whether or not you have fever. You've got to or else you wouldn't be talking out of your head like that. Snakes scare the beejeebers out of me!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #2373
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I get a little creeped out by snakes, not nearly as bad as I used to be...

I now work in the Science dept at a university, and two of our professors have snakes and lizards in their offices. Yeah... We get entertained at feeding time around here!
I'm pretty darn scared of snakes. But, I can look at them if they are in a glass cage. That doesn't bother me. One time, when I was hopped up on migraine medicine, I actually touched the very end of a boa they had out at Rafiki's Planet Watch (now Conservation Station) at the Animal Kingdom. I'm serious! I had a really really bad migraine and had taken several migraine pills that day. I'm sure that's the only reason I went outside of my comfort zone like that.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #2374
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Stephanie! Put your forehead on your computer screen right now so I can reach out and feel whether or not you have fever. You've got to or else you wouldn't be talking out of your head like that. Snakes scare the beejeebers out of me!
Would it help if I amended that to say I love non-venomous snakes? If that happened with a venomous snake I would have been on the other side of the store, using my zoom to get pictures but staying FAR away!

But yeah, I do like the non-venomous snakes!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #2375
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm pretty darn scared of snakes. But, I can look at them if they are in a glass cage. That doesn't bother me. One time, when I was hopped up on migraine medicine, I actually touched the very end of a boa they had out at Rafiki's Planet Watch (now Conservation Station) at the Animal Kingdom. I'm serious! I had a really really bad migraine and had taken several migraine pills that day. I'm sure that's the only reason I went outside of my comfort zone like that.
I don't suppose you would have wanted an invite to my oldest daughter's 11th birthday in 2010...here was the guest of honor at her Snakes and Reptiles themed party...

She wants to be a veteranarian!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #2376
FancyNancy
Princess

Maybe the snake needed a Minnie Mouse T-Shirt or something?

I've had snakes slither into my office. I work off the road from some marsh land so last summer I had my boss put up a screen door!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #2377
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep, but not as bee-yoo-ti-ful as Spanky and Alfalfa when they dressed like girls:

One of my FAVORITE movies!!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #2378
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Oh.....my....goodness Lisa! Really....a SNAKE!?!! My biggest fear is snakes followed closely behind by birds.

I would have been OUT of that store so fast! I'm glad you had Hunter to document the event for you. Where were you during all the snake shenanigans?

And...that snake is HUGE!! GOOD GRIEF!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #2379
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Would it help if I amended that to say I love non-venomous snakes? If that happened with a venomous snake I would have been on the other side of the store, using my zoom to get pictures but staying FAR away!

But yeah, I do like the non-venomous snakes!
Hum....I guess that sounds a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I don't suppose you would have wanted an invite to my oldest daughter's 11th birthday in 2010...here was the guest of honor at her Snakes and Reptiles themed party...

She wants to be a veteranarian!
Oh heck no! Nope! No way! Are you kidding me?

You can bring on any kind of bug, lizard, bird (hear that Missy?), rat or pretty much any other animal and I'm fine with it. Snakes? (where's that I'm shaking all over smiley?)

Old 02-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #2380
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Maybe the snake needed a Minnie Mouse T-Shirt or something?

I've had snakes slither into my office. I work off the road from some marsh land so last summer I had my boss put up a screen door!
It was looking a little naked wasn't it?

I'd have to have a screen door too. Thank goodness your boss was kind enough to put one in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
One of my FAVORITE movies!!
Our's too!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #2381
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh.....my....goodness Lisa! Really....a SNAKE!?!! My biggest fear is snakes followed closely behind by birds.

I would have been OUT of that store so fast! I'm glad you had Hunter to document the event for you. Where were you during all the snake shenanigans?

And...that snake is HUGE!! GOOD GRIEF!!!
For part of the snake shenanigans, I was in line. For the others, I was standing in the circle of guests but far enough away that I could make a run for it if the snake came my way. I'd have been climbing some racks if I had to.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #2382
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For part of the snake shenanigans, I was in line. For the others, I was standing in the circle of guests but far enough away that I could make a run for it if the snake came my way. I'd have been climbing some racks if I had to.
I was thinking the same thing...I am not above climbing a rack or a display! LOL!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #2383
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Ewww I don't like snakes either and I surly wouldn't be sticking around taking pictures. Good thing for Hunter.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #2384
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing...I am not above climbing a rack or a display! LOL!
I bet we wouldn't have been the only ones either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Ewww I don't like snakes either and I surly wouldn't be sticking around taking pictures. Good thing for Hunter.
I stood around and watched while the Animal Control lady came but I sure kept my distance.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #2385
MK2010
Mouseketeer

OK I should have known not to read the update, but I did and scared my kids have to death with my squealing. I even had one come in from outside to check on me. (Our bedroom windows open to the backyard so I wasn't squealing THAT loudly, but still.) So I shall repeat eeewwwww!
ASMu 2009

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: