Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #2356
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I think your fireworks pictures are great. I have a fancy camera, but since I still don't know how to use it, I never get very good ones.

Love the picture of Jesse dressing Hunter up. I have such fond memories of doing that exact thing to my younger male cousin when I was young. We had him in a dance recital costume, gloves, makeup, hat, the whole nine yards. So, I think that this just means that the boys are really and trully family.
I never take the time to really read the user manuals on my cameras. Maybe if I did, I'd take better pictures. Hum? Who'd have ever thought of that?

Oh my gosh! That reminds me of a video on America's Funniest Videos when the little boy was on the sidelines doing the cheerleaders' routine. It was hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I feel your pain, I can never get a decent shot of illuminations. I think you were at the shop at the International gateway, I can't think of it's name but they do have a nice selection. Dinner looked very yummy, one of these days I will make it there, it's just never made the cut for some reason but nice to know on the chicken for picky eaters.

Overall a lovely night and nice that the guy thought better of it and sat down, too bad the tree didn't do the same!
My history with taking fireworks pictures never stops me from trying over and over again. It's my hard head, I guess.

Yep, that's the store that we were in. They do have quite a few cute things. Usually, we are there right after the Flower & Garden Festival and they'll still have a few items left over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
That pic of Hunter and Jessie is hilarious!

I have to go back to the Coral Reef update, it's funny, every time I see a pic of that Chocolate Wave (Awesome dessert!!) it's different. It's like they change the garnish or something, I had it twice and once it had berries and no sorbet, and one time it had sorbet but no berries...

Love Illuminations, I'm like you, I can never get good pics of it, Last time I gave up and didn't even try to take any because I knew they wouldn't come out.
You know, now that you mention it, the dessert garnish IS different every time. I wonder what'll be on the plate in May?

I guess that I'm too hard headed to give up trying.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #2357
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ladies and Gents: I'll finish up replies tomorrow. I've been a busy woman from the minute I walked in the door after work. 1) Cooked a dinner of hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, gravy and stringbeans that I canned from our garden and had dinner with John and Hunter; 2) Two loads of laundry done; 3) Three Ebay packages labeled and ready for the postman to pick up tomorrow; 4) Boxed up and labeled package going to the orphanage in Haiti; 5) Finished up two more backsacks; and, 6) Talked with Mama about her trying to get her Nexium at a lower cost or free. Oh and I responded to some emails and sent a couple of private messages.

I'm beat! Night night!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #2358
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

We caught the bus at the Pleasure Island stop and were back at the resort in no time. The day had been long, hot and exhausting but ended on a fantastic note!

**Up next: Is that Clark W. Griswold, Jr?
Looove this dress!! You look so cute in it! Where did you find it? Sorry I'm not commenting much on the TR, I'm actually catching up. I'm still reading and have a looooot to go. I think I've read about 15 posts so far.
Way to go on the surprise, by the way. Don't you love it when your kiddos are so grateful? It makes it all worth while.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #2359
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa
Hope all is well.
I love Spanky and Alfalfa!! and I do have to say Hunter did look nice all dressed up!! lol
Thats so great that Hunter and Jesse get along so well! I really think its so important for kids to have adults (not their parents) that they can speak to..and get good advice from,etc..thats so special that Hunter has that in Jesse

I agree with the trees on wheels! that would be great!!
but I do have to agree that if Disney trimmed them a little bit, people would have a better view of the fireworks...especially at MK...for some reason, I always get stuck behind a tree there

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #2360
2Monkeys
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR! I enjoy reading about your family's antics, and it is so nice to see a family that has so much fun together and loves each other as much as y'all do!!

DD's 1st trip ASMo 2003 DS's 1st trip ASMo 2004 9 nights at POP 2007 Surprise Weekend 2008 Rain, rain & more rain POFQ 2009 Big Fat Family Vacation Offsite 2012 Girls Only POR 2013 ToT 10-miler/MNSSHP/F&W 10/2-10/12/14

Check out my trip report: Magical & Not So Magical Moments - The Top Ten Things We Learned
Old 02-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #2361
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Aww...poor duck with the limpy leg. I've had a bunny hop over to me to look for food (in 2010) after Illuminations, but never the ducks.

at the picture of Jesse dressing up Hunter!!!
There were quite a few ducks out there and some were aggressive!

Can you believe that Hunter went along with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Should I send you Mark's purse for Hunter?

That was absloutely hysterical...I loved it.

Poor Duck; he probably could never get to anything in the past and decided to be aggressive and got hurt.
I'm not sure Kathy, it might clash with his hat or possible the scarf. Those two are so crazy!

Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #2362
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Gotta say- despite the inconveniently placed tree, you have some pretty nice photos. Love the ones of the fire and of the globe.

Illuminations is a great show. My guys, little and big, are not all that interested in any of the night time shows, so that is one of the reasons I really love staying at the Beach Club. I often go out to see the show, all alone, while the boys veg out in the room.

While I was replying to this, I saw your last update!

Great duck pictures and story.

I was NOT expecting the last pictures there! I can't remember if you are into Harry Potter at all, but the picture reminds me of a scene in Prisoner of Azkaban.
I'm pretty lucky that my boys enjoy the shows or, if they do not, they never told me that they don't.

I've never seen one episode of Harry Potter but have seen bits and pieces while passing through Hunter's room when he's watching it. I think that I remember the scene you are talking about.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #2363
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Looove this dress!! You look so cute in it! Where did you find it? Sorry I'm not commenting much on the TR, I'm actually catching up. I'm still reading and have a looooot to go. I think I've read about 15 posts so far.
Way to go on the surprise, by the way. Don't you love it when your kiddos are so grateful? It makes it all worth while.
I'm so not a girly girl and hate to wear dresses (thank goodness our church doesn't mind what you wear) but that dress is very comfortable. I bought it at Sam's Club and it was less than $20! Can you believe that? It has cute little cap sleeves but I was afraid it would get cool in the theater so I threw the little jacket over it.

I may be doing it all wrong but as my kids were growing up, I reminded them often that they were spoiled because they had just about everything that they wanted and that there were many many others, kids and adults alike, that didn't even have food on their tables. Like I said, I may have gone about it the wrong way but it seems to have worked because they really are very appreciative.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #2364
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Hi Lisa
Hope all is well.
I love Spanky and Alfalfa!! and I do have to say Hunter did look nice all dressed up!! lol
Thats so great that Hunter and Jesse get along so well! I really think its so important for kids to have adults (not their parents) that they can speak to..and get good advice from,etc..thats so special that Hunter has that in Jesse

I agree with the trees on wheels! that would be great!!
but I do have to agree that if Disney trimmed them a little bit, people would have a better view of the fireworks...especially at MK...for some reason, I always get stuck behind a tree there
Hey!

Doesn't Hunter make a fine looking young woman? I am so glad that Hunter and Jesse get along as well as they do. I think that I mentioned before that Hunter had said, long ago, even before Lacey and Jesse started "courting" that he would make Lacey and her husband break up because he didn't want to share his sister. He was 50 shades of jealous of anyone who came around. So, it's good to see them love each other so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Monkeys View Post
Loving your TR! I enjoy reading about your family's antics, and it is so nice to see a family that has so much fun together and loves each other as much as y'all do!!
Yay! I'm glad that you're enjoying it. We really do love each other and we have always enjoyed spending our vacations together. Just wait until you see our May, 2013 trip. There's going to be another person added to the mix...my 79 year old mother!

Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #2365
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Animal Control! Animal Control! We need Animal Control!

Animal Control! Animal Control! We need Animal Control!

After Hunter and Jesse put all of the various women’s accessories back in their correct place, we wandering up towards the front of the park because we wanted to make one last stop in Mouse Gears. As you all know, the store is quite big so we split up with some of us going this way and some of us going that way and still others going yet another way. As I was standing in line to check-out, I heard a squeal and somebody say something rather loudly but I couldn’t tell what they said. No alarms sounded and no flashing lights so I figured it was just somebody playing around.

Next thing I know, Hunter’s tapping me on the shoulder and telling me that there was a snake in the store. Being the practical joker that he is, I thought that he was just kidding. Turns out, he wasn’t. Now you know that I’m not going to let an opportunity like this to pass by so I handed over my camera and said “Take pictures for my trip report! And lots of them!”

When I got to the register, I asked the castmember if it were common for snakes to come into the large stores like that she gave me some Disney line of bull that had something to do with The Jungle Book and all sorts of animals hanging around. I looked at her and asked again “is that common?”. This time, she didn’t laugh it off and said “When it rains a lot like is has been lately, they do slip inside pretty often.” Not exactly the answer that I wanted to hear! I wanted to hear “Oh no honey, it’s the first time that it’s ever happened in the history of Walt Disney World!”

My second biggest fear is snakes! The first is heights. I can only imagine what I’d do if I were standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon and a snake slithered along. Probably pass out and fall down the cliff!

Purchases made, I found my family standing nearby watching the castmembers keep a eye on the snake. One of the castmembers had a walkie talkie and was reminding whoever was on the other line that “We need Animal Control!”

Okay, so you want me to shut up and post pictures of the snake?

EEEEEWWWW!

EEEEKKKKK!

OHHHHHHH! MYYYYYYY!

The snake was on the move and I was ready to snatch the walkie talkie outta the castmember’s hand and scream “ANIMAL CONTROL! ANIMAL CONTROL! WE NEED THE FREAKIN’ ANIMAL CONTROL! NOW PEOPLE!”

Suddenly, the sea of guests parted. I looked up and it was Moses! I mean, it was Animal Control! Animal Control to the rescue!

She got him!

The entire crowd of guests started clapping. When the castmember passed, I asked her what kind of snake it was and she said that it was a corn snake and wasn’t harmful. Yeah, tell that to my heart, it’s beating a mile a minute.

**Up next: I hurt my butt! You wanna kiss my butt?

Old 02-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #2366
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

OK, the snake alone makes me want to rethink my December trip! I have to tell you I am terrified of snakes!!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #2367
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

EEEK! I would be so freaking out!

I like that one picture that has a lady carrrying a bag that says keep calm. Kind of perfect for the situation
Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #2368
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
OK, the snake alone makes me want to rethink my December trip! I have to tell you I am terrified of snakes!!!!
Hey, Are you going to go again? Awesome
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #2369
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
I'm terrified of snakes too! I get sick to my stomach and it starts gurgling and I think I'm going to spew! I wouldn't cancel my trip to Disney though. I'll take my chances!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
EEEK! I would be so freaking out!

I like that one picture that has a lady carrrying a bag that says keep calm. Kind of perfect for the situation
Can you believe it was in the middle of the gosh darn store? With hundreds and hundreds of people! It was C-R-A-Z-Y! I noticed that purse too. Did you see the black guy behind the display face? He was excited when she caught it.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #2370
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I actually love snakes, and corn snakes are so gorgeous! I would be a little shocked though to find one in a store, and would still want Animal Control to get it so a child didn't try to handle it and get bit.

You/Hunter took lots of great pictures of the incident!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: