Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #2311
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I looked at your update and, as I said, I'd love to get my hands..well fork....on that orange cheesecake. It looked so good.
I forgot to put in my TR that the cheesecake doesn't have a traditional "crust". The bottom layer is actually orange cake instead of a normal pie crust

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Old 01-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #2312
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Not sure what kind of tree that is either, but "cotton tree" sounds plausible enough to me too!

Your meal at Coral Reef looks really good! We've never been there, but it looks really pretty inside!
If nobody comes on here and says otherwise, we're sticking with "cotton tree".

Coral Reef is a pretty neat restaurant. On some of the half wall thingies that separate the tables, there are lights shaped like seashells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserrai View Post
I'm not all the way up to date yet, but I had to tell you I love your report so far. I'm just up to where your husband is talking with Princess Tiana. So cute. I will definitely be going back and reading your previous reports.
You're getting some reading done! John is normally a kind of shy guy at home but when it comes to Disney, the man lets it out! He wasn't going to miss seeing a Louisiana gal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
That JD Mousse was heavenly!!! Coral Reef sometimes gets mixed reviews here on the DIS, but we thought it was awesome as well.
Great family photo!!
We get tickled at Jesse because he won't touch a drop of alcohol but does like it in his desserts.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #2313
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I forgot to put in my TR that the cheesecake doesn't have a traditional "crust". The bottom layer is actually orange cake instead of a normal pie crust
Oh my gosh! That settles it! That's what I'm ordering when we go. As I said, I love anything citrus flavored.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #2314
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Great update! We love the Coral Reef. Your dessert is no longer on the menu. It's been replaced by and out of this world Blood Orange Cheesecake.

I read Stephanie's review of the orange cheesecake and I'm so hoping that it's still on the menu in May. It sounds delicious.

What are the chances of getting the same server? Did you ask for him? Do you remember his name?

Nope, we didn't ask for the same server. It was just by chance. I can't remember his name but I do know that it was an Asian name.

I'm not much of a bread eater, but I love their rolls.

I like smooshy centered rolls and have a hard time finding them at Disney. Seems like everything has a hard crust and no center.

I have never noticed the cotton tree. Where is it located? That is something that JJ would just love to see. I know we had to be near it at some point because white fuzzies were floating in the air and he was having the best time catching them.
When you are standing in front of the Seas, look waaaaay over to the right just before the entrance to Coral Reef. The tree is in that patch of grass over there. It's a cool looking tree. Be sure to look for it next time you and JJ go to Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great updates!!!

Thanks for sharing your Christmas pictures. It looks like it was a great time and lots of nice memories!

I was so happy when Lacey and Jesse said that they were for sure coming at Christmas time. It was so nice to see them again.

Fantastic pictures of the ice storm! I know those things have a pretty big impact where you are.

Honey, if there's even a drop of ice or a flake of snow, we're all over it.

"Ding Dong Ditch"

You remember!

You have some seriously great shots of John getting his siesta on! Love them!

John was being so silly that day.

I have never heard of or seen that "cotton tree" before! Thanks for pointing it out. I love all the things we learn here!

You'll have to be on the look out for the cotton tree next time you're in Epcot. It's waaaay over to the right of The Seas.

What a super family shot at the Coral Reef.

Thank you!

Yummy, Yummy dinner. Fish ARE food, but it is surprising how good the steak at CR is. But nothing tops the desserts there!

Fish definitely are food but the steak was even better.

I think it has been about 3-4 years since we have been there. Love the food and atmosphere, but the service has been slow. Not bad, but just has taken too much time out of our day/night when we could be out in the park.
I guess that we've lucked out with the service. Never had a bad server

Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 PM   #2315
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I wonder if that is a cottonwood, or something like that. I just know there is a certain time of year when they "shed" and I sneeze all the time then.

Dinner looks great. We still need to get there and give it a try.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #2316
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Love John's hombre look! I'm cracking up at his napping.

I want to try to take a nice picture inside someday. The restaurant inside and the temple are just beautiful.

I've alway wanted to try Coral Reef, but have gotten voted down. Someday! Good to know the info about picky eaters, cuz Kadence is one!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #2317
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your meals look so yummy! Every time I see pics from Coral Reef I want to eat there. It's been far too long!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #2318
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Okay so forgive me please but I haven't read in a while so I have lots of comments because I had lots to catch up on but I made it Oh oh oh I remember the exact episode of Happy days that you mentioned,I miss that show!!!
After seeing your Christmas pics I've officially decided I'm moving in dang it!!!!your house is my dream house,I love log cabin homes with lots of wood on the inside too,it's perfect!!!!
My kids also get new pajamas on Christmas and I've always rolled them up when I wrap them so they are always asking when they can open their "Christmas sausage"
OH MY GOSH!!!!! where did you find those giant chocolates I NEEEEEEEED those ...yup my everyday survival depends on it.
Oh and Coral Reef I love it there and have been many times but unfortunately have always been sat as far from the tanks as possible because each time I've gone I've had a large group.
I can't wait to read more and wanted to ask if you're doing a pre tr for the upcoming trip...hope to see u there!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #2319
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

I am back reading your Tr and I love all the Xmas pictuees. Your house is lovely and I love your new decorations. I love your old cookstove. I have one also. I love antiques and have a small antique business. I especially collect old kitchen things. Anyway I also spoil my kids and grandkids at Xmas....I love Christmas! And your ice pictures are great. We of course have a lot of snow and ice in Vermont but never with leaves on the trees or berries. Thanks for sharing.

We have our dates set for Disney 11/30-12/7. Had to wait for my son to get his vaction set. Now we can start planning, looking for discounts, making ADr....oh I am excited already.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #2320
caa1277
American by birth............Grumpy by choice!

Just catching up with everything. We ate at Coral Reef back in 2011. The atmosphere is top notch! Very beautiful place to eat. We even got a table right next to the tank and it was very cool to watch the fish and divers swim by as your eating. We were not impressed with the food though.

DW said she wasn't interested in eating there again , but I'm game for giving them another shot. The atmosphere just makes the food taste a little better!

Maybe I can talk her into another chance.
DIS Dad's Club Member #122

Me DW DS(17) DD(13)

July 2007-Pop Century; June 2009-Pop Century; June 2011-Caribbean Beach; June 2013-POR
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #2321
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa,

Finally all caught up, I haven't been on in a while. I hate when life gets in the way.

Yall are too funny! John taking a siesta had me laughing.

Looks like a fun Christmas, love the decorations. Don't necessarily like the ice, even though your pics are beautiful. I'm a summer girl. I don't like this cold weather we've been having in South Louisiana.

Jaime
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #2322
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Seriously? You have a lucky streak going! This was the first time I've gotten twins.
We haven't gotten them every time but the last two or three!

I am now all caught up! I was about 15 pages behind!! Loved John's Hombre pictures! So funny!! And Coral Reef looks delish!!

Don't you just love the southern weather?! January had rain, tornadoes, snow/ice, lows in the 20's and it got to 80 one day last week...WHAT!?!?!

Old 02-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #2323
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I wonder if that is a cottonwood, or something like that. I just know there is a certain time of year when they "shed" and I sneeze all the time then.

Dinner looks great. We still need to get there and give it a try.
I'm not sure what the tree is but I plan on asking our tour guide if we do the Behind the Seeds tour again. Maybe they will know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Love John's hombre look! I'm cracking up at his napping.

I want to try to take a nice picture inside someday. The restaurant inside and the temple are just beautiful.

I've alway wanted to try Coral Reef, but have gotten voted down. Someday! Good to know the info about picky eaters, cuz Kadence is one!
I think that he'd make one heckofa hombre and we all know that he's gotten the siesta part down pat.

Hunter and Lacey are some of the pickiest eaters I know and they love Coral Reef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your meals look so yummy! Every time I see pics from Coral Reef I want to eat there. It's been far too long!
So, you've tried it before? Our family is not big on trying different foods so I try to stick with someplace that has at least one meat and potatoes kind of entree.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #2324
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Okay so forgive me please but I haven't read in a while so I have lots of comments because I had lots to catch up on but I made it Oh oh oh I remember the exact episode of Happy days that you mentioned,I miss that show!!!
After seeing your Christmas pics I've officially decided I'm moving in dang it!!!!your house is my dream house,I love log cabin homes with lots of wood on the inside too,it's perfect!!!!
My kids also get new pajamas on Christmas and I've always rolled them up when I wrap them so they are always asking when they can open their "Christmas sausage"
OH MY GOSH!!!!! where did you find those giant chocolates I NEEEEEEEED those ...yup my everyday survival depends on it.
Oh and Coral Reef I love it there and have been many times but unfortunately have always been sat as far from the tanks as possible because each time I've gone I've had a large group.
I can't wait to read more and wanted to ask if you're doing a pre tr for the upcoming trip...hope to see u there!
Love me some Happy Days! They used to show it on TV Land but it's been a while since I've seen an episode.

Come on over! We've got an extra bedroom in our house. Well, I say that it's an extra but I've kind of turned it into a sewing/work-out room. Okay, let me correct that...we store our work out equipment in the room and I keep my sewing supplies in the room.

The giant chocolates came from Target. They were $9.99 each. Except for the Hershey Kiss, I think it was about $5

It's too bad that you've not been able to get a table closer to the tank at Coral Reef. But, we've been seated in one of the top tables and our view was still pretty good.

Once I start the pre-trip report, I'll be posting a link here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
I am back reading your Tr and I love all the Xmas pictuees. Your house is lovely and I love your new decorations. I love your old cookstove. I have one also. I love antiques and have a small antique business. I especially collect old kitchen things. Anyway I also spoil my kids and grandkids at Xmas....I love Christmas! And your ice pictures are great. We of course have a lot of snow and ice in Vermont but never with leaves on the trees or berries. Thanks for sharing.

We have our dates set for Disney 11/30-12/7. Had to wait for my son to get his vaction set. Now we can start planning, looking for discounts, making ADr....oh I am excited already.
John did some work for an older gentleman and knew that he wouldn't be able to charge him as much as what the work was actually worth. So, he asked the man if he wanted to trade out something. The stove was underneath his carport and was in several pieces and we had to put it back together. That sucker was heeeeeavy!

I'm so glad to hear that you've finally gotten the dates firmed up. Let the planning begin!

Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #2325
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caa1277 View Post
Just catching up with everything. We ate at Coral Reef back in 2011. The atmosphere is top notch! Very beautiful place to eat. We even got a table right next to the tank and it was very cool to watch the fish and divers swim by as your eating. We were not impressed with the food though.

DW said she wasn't interested in eating there again , but I'm game for giving them another shot. The atmosphere just makes the food taste a little better!

Maybe I can talk her into another chance.
Oh man! I guess that we're pretty easy to please when it comes to food. I'm always willing to give a restaurant another shot if the atmosphere is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTinkMom View Post
Hey Lisa,

Finally all caught up, I haven't been on in a while. I hate when life gets in the way.

Yall are too funny! John taking a siesta had me laughing.

Looks like a fun Christmas, love the decorations. Don't necessarily like the ice, even though your pics are beautiful. I'm a summer girl. I don't like this cold weather we've been having in South Louisiana.

Jaime
Hey Jaime! Good to "see" you again. I'm not a Winter weather kind of girl either. I'd rather be hot than cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
We haven't gotten them every time but the last two or three!

I am now all caught up! I was about 15 pages behind!! Loved John's Hombre pictures! So funny!! And Coral Reef looks delish!!

Don't you just love the southern weather?! January had rain, tornadoes, snow/ice, lows in the 20's and it got to 80 one day last week...WHAT!?!?!

We had that same sort of weather. One day, it was 76 when I left work and the next day it was 40 when I left. No wonder everybody keeps getting sick.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: