Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #2281
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the Christmas pictures with the family.

But I have to laugh at you with the ice. You should have seen our ice storm on Sunday.

I just love John....that man can sleep anywhere. And I really like the "small" sombrero...he looks so cute.
Thanks Kathy! We had so much fun together at Christmas.

Did you take pictures of the ice storm? I wanna see!

They had a sombrero that was even smaller than that. We said that we were going to buy it and take it home to our niece-in-dog. Yes, I said dog. They love to dress Gracie (that's the dog's name) up in sweaters. We said that she needs a sombrero to top off her outfit.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #2282
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Thanks Kathy! We had so much fun together at Christmas.

Did you take pictures of the ice storm? I wanna see!

They had a sombrero that was even smaller than that. We said that we were going to buy it and take it home to our niece-in-dog. Yes, I said dog. They love to dress Gracie (that's the dog's name) up in sweaters. We said that she needs a sombrero to top off her outfit.
No, I didn't get pictures. It was too darn cold and windy out...even the dog didn't want to go out. I did watch out my front windows as cars drove down the street and as they took the turn in the curve by my house they were swerving from one side of the street to the other.

That's too funny about "Gracie." When Mark and I were in Naples last April, the hotel we stayed at had a bunch of "older" women with their dogs and every single one of them was dressed in a different outfit every day; some even had their own little "strollers."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #2283
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Looks like your family had a nice Christmas. It was always our family tradition that we got new PJ's on Christmas Eve, too. Maybe that inspired me because I just LOVE PJ's, I have so many but I am always looking for new ones, LOL

Wow you really did have some ice! We usually get ice like that, too, this year it hasn't been so bad on the trees and plants but we had bad icicles on our house, here's a pic:

We have only had one really significant snow so far this winter, we got a foot just after Christmas. We usually get quite a bit here, we had some really cold days last week or so (single digits) but today it is 52!! Crazy!

Love your new decorations, I just love snowmen!

Going back to read your update, I wanted to post these before I forgot.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 01-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #2284
cmaee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Isn't Mama the sweetest thing ever? She loves my kids with all of her heart and seeing this smile on her face is priceless to me.

Yes, Will did eventually get off the phone. He and Ashly are my sister, Lois' kids. Because they are children of a divorce, they have multiple family functions on holidays and he was trying to get in touch with his other Mamaw and dad to coordinate a time to get together that evening. But, he did stay on it playing games too. I hate cell phones!
I remember being hooked on your trip report on your past trip when you were talking about how you were letting Hunter have more freedom in the stores and then she would follow him around pretending she was looking at some item so it wasn't so obvious she was keeping tabs on him in the store. That is exactly something my grandma would have done!

My kids are children of divorce now and I do not look forward to the time when they have to coordinate times to get together with their family. Right now, their holiday visitation is set out in writing, but when they are older...not looking forward to that.

I hate cell phones too. Nothing worse than trying to have a conversation or watch a movie or eat a meal when the person next to you whips out the phone and starts playing with it. Be present is what I always say. I don't want to miss out on anything by having my face stuck in the phone. I went to Pittsburgh last weekend to watch Les Miserables at the Benedum Center. And some lady two people down kept whipping out her cell phone to check something. Well, the screen is quite bright and when the Theatre is dark and you are trying to enjoy the performance, it is incredibly distracting!

Spring 1995 - Magical Mickey Music Days - offsite March 2008 - Port Orleans-Riverside April 2009 (Easter) - Coronado Springs/Grand Gathering
August 2010 - Beach Club December 2010 (Christmas) - Pop Century/Grand Gathering December 2012 - Art of Animation & Pop Century

Last edited by cmaee; 01-29-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #2286
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Thanks for sharing the Christmas pictures Lisa! My grandma used to spend Christmas morning at our house too. Now that she's gone those are some of my favorite memories.

OMG!! Those pictures of John are priceless!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:19 AM   #2287
MEK
DIS Veteran

I missed your Christmas pictures.

First of all - I LOVE Kirklands and could live there (or visit every day). You got some cute things.

Love your tree and all the pretty packages. Yup - I would say the kids got some great loot!

Love Hunter's new hat. that really is too cute.

Love all the ice pictures. I am not envious because I hate when we get that type of ice, but the pictures certainly are cool. OK - now its time to read your trip update!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 01-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #2288
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Awww, too bad John didn't get to take his siesta! Love the Mexico pavilion, that's one of my favorites! I love that it's always twilight there, so pretty!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #2289
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Is Lacy a cake decorator? Couldn't help noticing the different cake pans. My oldest DD is 13 and VERY into the Cake Boss. She got a Cake Boss cookbook and a cupcake decorating kit among other things for Christmas. It has been fun to be her guinea pigs when she tries all that stuff out on us!
I used to decorate cakes but found that too many people started thinking that I could just drop everything and make a cake for them because they have an event tomorrow and forgot to order a cake. So, I gave it up. But I started decorating cakes when I was about 15. I so clearly remember hearing one of my cousins saying (he thought I was out of earshot), "Looks like Debbie made the cake again. Do I have to eat it?" Yeah, in those early days, the cakes were a work of art on the outside but the inside might as well have been styrofoam!

I shan't mention names (and this person is on the DIS), but I have an in-law that works for the Cake Boss.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #2290
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
No, I didn't get pictures. It was too darn cold and windy out...even the dog didn't want to go out. I did watch out my front windows as cars drove down the street and as they took the turn in the curve by my house they were swerving from one side of the street to the other.

That's too funny about "Gracie." When Mark and I were in Naples last April, the hotel we stayed at had a bunch of "older" women with their dogs and every single one of them was dressed in a different outfit every day; some even had their own little "strollers."
Now that's the kinda Winter weather I do NOT want to experience!

Gracie is a small little thing so they usually carry her around if they go out. I can't imagine somebody pushing a dog in a stroller. That's going a little bit too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Looks like your family had a nice Christmas. It was always our family tradition that we got new PJ's on Christmas Eve, too. Maybe that inspired me because I just LOVE PJ's, I have so many but I am always looking for new ones, LOL

Wow you really did have some ice! We usually get ice like that, too, this year it hasn't been so bad on the trees and plants but we had bad icicles on our house, here's a pic:

We have only had one really significant snow so far this winter, we got a foot just after Christmas. We usually get quite a bit here, we had some really cold days last week or so (single digits) but today it is 52!! Crazy!

Love your new decorations, I just love snowmen!

Going back to read your update, I wanted to post these before I forgot.
Holy cow! Those are some major super duper icicles!

When I left work yesterday, the temp was 76. Last night, we had major major storms and I swear a tornado passed over our house. Today, the wind is gusting and it's cold.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #2291
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaee View Post
I remember being hooked on your trip report on your past trip when you were talking about how you were letting Hunter have more freedom in the stores and then she would follow him around pretending she was looking at some item so it wasn't so obvious she was keeping tabs on him in the store. That is exactly something my grandma would have done!

My kids are children of divorce now and I do not look forward to the time when they have to coordinate times to get together with their family. Right now, their holiday visitation is set out in writing, but when they are older...not looking forward to that.

I hate cell phones too. Nothing worse than trying to have a conversation or watch a movie or eat a meal when the person next to you whips out the phone and starts playing with it. Be present is what I always say. I don't want to miss out on anything by having my face stuck in the phone. I went to Pittsburgh last weekend to watch Les Miserables at the Benedum Center. And some lady two people down kept whipping out her cell phone to check something. Well, the screen is quite bright and when the Theatre is dark and you are trying to enjoy the performance, it is incredibly distracting!
I wouldn't trade my Mama's watchfulness or her spoiling my kids for anything. As you well know, it makes for wonderful memories.

Cell phones aren't my favorite. I still have an old slider phone. Maybe, just maybe, one day I'll grow up and get a big girl phone. I've already told Hunter that the cellphone earpiece will not be stuck in his ear the entire vacation. Nope! Nada! No way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Pretty ice pictures!!!!!!!!!

And wow....Santa is VERY good at your house.

fun update.
I'm such a sucker for spoiling my kids! Aren't we all?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #2292
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Thanks for sharing the Christmas pictures Lisa! My grandma used to spend Christmas morning at our house too. Now that she's gone those are some of my favorite memories.

OMG!! Those pictures of John are priceless!
It does make wonderful memories, doesn't it?

John was being a nut that day for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I missed your Christmas pictures.

First of all - I LOVE Kirklands and could live there (or visit every day). You got some cute things.

Love your tree and all the pretty packages. Yup - I would say the kids got some great loot!

Love Hunter's new hat. that really is too cute.

Love all the ice pictures. I am not envious because I hate when we get that type of ice, but the pictures certainly are cool. OK - now its time to read your trip update!
Everything that I bought at Kirkland's was on sale and then I had a $10 off $50 coupon so it made it such a wonderful deal that I couldn't pass it up.

Another place that love, love, love is Hobby Lobby! I could wander up and down the aisle for hours.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #2293
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Awww, too bad John didn't get to take his siesta! Love the Mexico pavilion, that's one of my favorites! I love that it's always twilight there, so pretty!
Believe me, John would have taken a siesta in that corner had we left him alone. The man can fall asleep anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I used to decorate cakes but found that too many people started thinking that I could just drop everything and make a cake for them because they have an event tomorrow and forgot to order a cake. So, I gave it up. But I started decorating cakes when I was about 15. I so clearly remember hearing one of my cousins saying (he thought I was out of earshot), "Looks like Debbie made the cake again. Do I have to eat it?" Yeah, in those early days, the cakes were a work of art on the outside but the inside might as well have been styrofoam!

I shan't mention names (and this person is on the DIS), but I have an in-law that works for the Cake Boss.
Some people just expect you to do things, like you said, at the drop of a hat and they take advantage of you. That always makes me angry.

Ooooh, did you give your cousin a sock in the eye? He might would have come out with a good old black eye if it were me. Nah, I wouldn't want to start a family ruckus.

Are you S-E-R-I-O-U-S? Works for Cake Boss? Without saying too much....can you tell us if they are seen on camera?

Old 01-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #2294
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Aww...love the Christmas pictures! Your family always makes me .

Your ice pictures are beautiful. We live in the snowy NE so that is just the tip of the iceberg (lol) for us, but I won't tease you!

LOL..John is so silly! I love that he embraces his silliness and isn't afraid to let it out!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #2295
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you S-E-R-I-O-U-S? Works for Cake Boss? Without saying too much....can you tell us if they are seen on camera?
Not as far as I know. I do know that he can't post any pics anywhere as everything is licensed to the Cake Boss.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: