Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #2251
CPTRachelWilliams
Earning My Ears

Old 01-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #2252
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Love your home photos, Lisa! Are the berries on the trees edible? Your kids did have a great Christmas this year!!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #2253
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Dee, I found the receipt for Hunter's sword. The sword was $95.00 and the shipping was $22.00. The receipt shows a sales tax of 6.5% but then beside it is: $0.00. ??? The total doesn't show that they charged us tax at all. There were quite a few swords and daggers that weren't as pricey but Hunter had a little extra money to spend. And, the sword that he picked out was pretty big and it was heavy so that probably had something to do with the cost of the shipping.
They did it right, then!!! We were told if you ship the sword to your home, you are not supposed to be charged the sales tax.

for saving $6 (I take it wherever I can get it)
Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #2254
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

What happy& warm Christmas pictures! I enjoy spoiling my kiddos too, but I'm running outta room with all of Kadence's toys!

Your ice pictures are beautiful! I love winter, SORRY! I DO and I think there isn't too much more beautiful than new snow & ice on trees.

I hope John's Mom will do better soon!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 01-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #2255
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Wow, those are some lucky kids you have there. Santa has been so generous with them!

Your "ice" pictures have inspired me. I think I'll post a picture of the snowstorm we had just before we left for Disney.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #2256
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

I have the same race car baking pan as Lacey now has! I bake cakes and cupcakes and donate all the proceeds to the Alzheimer's Association. I was told to go into business for years but I didn't want my hobby to become a job, so in my head, donating the money to a good cause (especially one so close to my heart) keeps it a hobby. My mom is the same way with Santa. In fact now that I am older I believe in Santa more than I did as a kid lol. I just love the spirit of a kind stranger giving gifts expecting nothing in return.

Your new decorations are so nice! I love the three snowmen! So simple yet they definitely are festive! I am hopefully closing on my house at the end of this month and I am already planning on how I want to decorate it for Christmas lol.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 AM   #2257
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Tell David that John's shop is pretty big and he's always piddling around in there even if we don't have a job going. Woodworking is calming for John.
David's Dream! He has some tools, if only we had a place for him to get them out and work. Woodworking is also calming for David.
Our house is just a single story and I'm pretty sure that when we are old, we'll thank ourselves that we don't have to climb stairs. I took a picture of the house when we had the freezing rain and sleet. I'll see if I can find it and post it for David to see.
I would LOVE a single story and I am fairly certain that David was envisioning that. I can't wait to show him the pics, he will love it. And Rachel is going to love that Mandolin, she wants one and a Banjo. One of these days! I couldn't believe all of the things in the pics I saw that my children like, our children would get along great I think. I LOVED all of the fun Christmas pics, as well as your new decor! I think it is marvelous you are able to keep the fun of Santa alive and that they had so much obvious fun with it all. And your family is so close!! How marvelous! Our "ice event" on Friday didn't even give us frozen trees...well, just barely! You definitely had more, though our streets were a nightmare. Carolyn's hats were cute (as was Beaker, can't show Rachel ) and your Mom's tree looked like she had a lot of Chrismon Ornaments on it...of course, my old eyes could have been playing tricks on me. Both of your trees were beautiful!

John's brother has a lathe but hardly even uses it. But, in his defense, they are building a house right now so he hasn't had any down time lately.
David would use a lathe daily if he had one, to turn his pens. How marvelous they are also building their house, that is just amazing to me! I saw many gorgeous pieces in your house I know John made!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #2258
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great updates!

Love the caramel store in Germany!! YUM! Im so glad we finally got a chance to visit on our last trip!

Keeping your MIL in my thoughts and prayers!

Im glad Hunter got his sword!

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! We give PJs on Christmas Eve as well.

Beautiful ice pictures.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #2259
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm loving your holiday gifts and pictures! Your tree is gorgeous too! Your house looks so perfect in style for the holidays.

the ice pictures are beautiful!
Thank you! Every year, my Christmas tree has a different "theme". This year was fishing and camping. I even hung little fish bobbers on the tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTRachelWilliams View Post
Come on out and join in on the conversation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Love your home photos, Lisa! Are the berries on the trees edible? Your kids did have a great Christmas this year!!
Nope they aren't edible. But, the birds and squirrels sure do love them.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #2260
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
What happy& warm Christmas pictures! I enjoy spoiling my kiddos too, but I'm running outta room with all of Kadence's toys!

Your ice pictures are beautiful! I love winter, SORRY! I DO and I think there isn't too much more beautiful than new snow & ice on trees.

I hope John's Mom will do better soon!
I understand completely about running out of room. When Lacey got married, Hunter moved into her room but kept half of his stuff in his old room.

I'd enjoy Winter more if we had pretty snow. If we ever do get snow, it's slushy, mushy stuff.

We talked with John's Mama last night and she said that she's feeling a bit better but that her right side feels heavy which is to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Wow, those are some lucky kids you have there. Santa has been so generous with them!

Your "ice" pictures have inspired me. I think I'll post a picture of the snowstorm we had just before we left for Disney.
I always always overbuy for Christmas but it brings me such joy!

I'd love to see what kind of snowstorms ya'll get up there. Here, we just get a bunch of ice and rain.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #2261
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
They did it right, then!!! We were told if you ship the sword to your home, you are not supposed to be charged the sales tax.

for saving $6 (I take it wherever I can get it)
I guess that I had never paid attention to the sales tax on the swords. I'm like you....I'll take that $6 savings!

Old 01-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #2262
deserrai
DIS Veteran

I am waaaaay late to this party, but I have seen your title over and over and I finally decided to see what it was about. Can't wait to read.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #2263
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I have the same race car baking pan as Lacey now has! I bake cakes and cupcakes and donate all the proceeds to the Alzheimer's Association. I was told to go into business for years but I didn't want my hobby to become a job, so in my head, donating the money to a good cause (especially one so close to my heart) keeps it a hobby. My mom is the same way with Santa. In fact now that I am older I believe in Santa more than I did as a kid lol. I just love the spirit of a kind stranger giving gifts expecting nothing in return.

Your new decorations are so nice! I love the three snowmen! So simple yet they definitely are festive! I am hopefully closing on my house at the end of this month and I am already planning on how I want to decorate it for Christmas lol.
How very very kind of you! Lacey bakes goodies for the kids' in their church or for friends. Baking supplies and cake pans can be quite pricey. Every time that Michael's would have a 50% off bakeware sale, I'd buy her something.

Thank you! I was proud of my decorations. John helped pick them out and said that he didn't want any "el' cheapo looking junk". Ohhhhh! I know that you're so excited about the house closing.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #2264
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
David would use a lathe daily if he had one, to turn his pens. How marvelous they are also building their house, that is just amazing to me! I saw many gorgeous pieces in your house I know John made!
Our kids do have a lot of similar interests. Maybe one day, we'll all be at Disney at the same time and can meet each other.

John did make quite a few things that are in the pictures. He made all of the picture frames in the dining room, our dining room table out of an old barn that I used to play in as a child, the hutch in the corner was also made from an old barn and then the shelves in the kitchen which match the hutch.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #2265
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great updates!

Love the caramel store in Germany!! YUM! Im so glad we finally got a chance to visit on our last trip!

Keeping your MIL in my thoughts and prayers!

Im glad Hunter got his sword!

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! We give PJs on Christmas Eve as well.

Beautiful ice pictures.
Thanks Angie! Isn't it hard to choose from all of the delicious looking caramel treats?

Please do keep my mother-in-law in your prayers. She's already questioning why she has to go to the doctor again in a month for a check-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserrai View Post
I am waaaaay late to this party, but I have seen your title over and over and I finally decided to see what it was about. Can't wait to read.
Welcome! Welcome! I have chapter links on the first page if you don't want to read all of the chit-chat. Please feel free to post your thoughts!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: