Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #2056
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Happy New Year Lisa!!! I am so sadly behind, but Joe is having an extremely rare night out with a few of the guys so I am taking advantage and using his fast laptop to catch up. so pardon while I skip all the good stuff inbetween and just catch up on your TR!

Thank you! Good to "see" you again!

I just finished reading about your under the sea excursion & the guy letting his kid run all over the place. ugh! I remember a similar experience on a Charleston Ferry. glad they left and let you relax again. The trip itself looked awesome. I have always wanted to visit tropical seas and see the tropical fish like that.

I was so scared that the little boy was going to fall over.

OMG I love the Protect Ya Tings signs. TOOo funny. Bet that was the source of a lot of family jokes afterwards!

It definitely caught our attention despite the fact that it was raining!

So how were the rum cakes? or were they gifts? Bet those warm towels felt soo good after being rained on. Sorry your trip to the Customs House was so watery. The building is so pretty and colorful!

I don't like the flavor of most alcohol but the rum cakes were pretty good. I didn't like the plain rum one. The pina colada was the best. The outer buildings looked so bright and colorful. It's too bad the rest didn't look so great.

I like your porthole modeling pictures, but the first one is so perfect where you're just curled up and people watching in comfort.

I was all rolled up in a little ball and enjoying watching the folks come back to the ship.

my multi quote thing is not working for me, but your sunset photos from your porthole are gorgeous! Just what I want to see on a cold January night!

I had no idea that porthole was going to be so big but I'm glad that it was.

I am cracking up at your banadana escapades and pirate photos!!! You all look like you had a great time at the dance party. In my book its all about havin fun, not looking good.

We laughed so hard at trying to get those bandanas on our heads. We had tears rolling down our faces.

and I laughed out loud at Hunter hanging up on you in the Teen club, and then your threat to embarrass him. TOO FUNNY!

After he explained to me what he was doing, it made sense but this Mama wasn't having her son hang up on her.

Castaway Cay looks really lovely, though I would have promptly put that umbrella up right away. ms. I need a tan should have found a sunnier seat! I've had a small bout with a pre-cancerous spot on my face and you'd better be sure I follow my drs orders about not overly sunning myself. who says pasty white isn't beautiful LOL

When I was a kid, I could get a suntan but now, I'm like you and am pasty white. Oh well, those people aren't going to see me again.

"I turned to John and to Hunter and asked if they wanted to go rent bicycles and get away from the sunscreen spraying, sand tossing, umbrella letting downing (gosh that sounds so redneck) and tube stealing for a while." did you word it just like that? loudly? (you probably didn't but may have felt like it!)

Do you happen to watch Duck Dynasty? They bring redneck to a whole new level.

Did John get a rash from the bushes on the bike ride? You didn't mention it so I am guessing not. That would have been the icing on the cake after the whole day.

Luckily, he didn't suffer any effect of the bushes scraping all down his arms. It wouldn't have surprised me if he did though. That would be just our luck.

i'm sorry your afternoon & evening went down hill fast. I understand how John was feeling even without having medical issues....I can tell you that my own DH would not have been so polite as yours and he has nothing but an italian/portuguese/polish temper (ok that does NOT sound good!). Sounds like you all handled it pretty well all things considered. Its good that Hunter spent a bit of time at Vibe while you & John collected yourselves, and perhaps an inroom family dinner (bathroom stink notwithstanding) was a good way to wind down.

The evening did go downhill really fast. It's hard when his medicine levels are low like that and all of us have to suffer through it.

Your honest feedback on the cruise does give me pause because how you & John were feeling at the end of the day is exactly what Joe and I have feared would be our reaction. The rude people, bratty kids, lack of manners -- that stuff all burns our butts when we are working so hard to earn the money to pay for our vacations. We don't let our daugher run wild and expect others to have the same courtesy.

After being home for a while and really really thinking about the cruise, we've said that we would do it again. But, I'd do a lot more research and we would NOT go during a medication change!

I'm looking forward to your return to the DisneyWorld magic.

AAAAh disney magic, there it is. Lovin your Magic Kingdom day and giving Jesse a few sips of the Kool aid LOL

With that I have to call it a night. I will be back to finish catching up!!

Oh yeah, Disney World renewed our faith in Disney, that's for sure! And, yes, Jesse drank the Kool Aid and he's addicted.

**Replies in red

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #2057
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey ya'll! I hope that everybody had a wonderful weekend. It was another wet and cold weekend but we made the best of it. Yesterday afternoon, the rain had stopped enough that we drove over to my John's brother and sister-in-law's new house. It's all framed up and they have started putting the rafters on. They are so excited and I'm excited for them. John's building all of the cabinets and the built-ins so it'll soon be time for him to start working long hours every evening.

This morning, I went ahead and added an additional day to our vacation. I booked a standard room at Port Orleans Riverside with the discount. I am not sure if John and I can take that extra day off and I'm really not sure if Hunter can miss another day of school despite the fact that it's their last week. End of course testing is shown on their school calendar as being April 23 to May 23. I'm not quite sure why they say it will take/last an entire month. The last day for students is shown as May 23 so I'm pretty darn sure that they wouldn't have testing that last week.

Anyway, I booked the room so that I could take advantage of the new special offer. If, for some reason, we can't go, then I'll simply cancel it. If we can go, then we have an extra day of vacation at a new resort.

I was going to write a new installment this morning while my boss was in court. However, he came back just an hour later all ticked off because the case wasn't even on the docket and the Judge wasn't even in town. We were even served with the suit by a Deputy. Ooooohie! He was mad and I don't blame him. He didn't schedule anything but that for today and our client, who is a nurse, took the day off work to be there. I'm trying to steer clear of him today but he keeps piling things on me since he has some extra time on his hands. Maybe he will leave early.

Oh and before I get back to the grind, I found out that two of my cousins and their families are going to be at Walt Disney World part of the time that we are there! We are going to make plans to meet up and spend some time together.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 01-08-2013 at 10:29 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #2058
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Ok, Lisa.....really, I'm trying to follow along, so let's see if I got it straight:

You are staying at CBR with an additional day at POR if that works out for everyone's schedule??? Did I get it right???
Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #2059
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Ok, Lisa.....really, I'm trying to follow along, so let's see if I got it straight:

You are staying at CBR with an additional day at POR if that works out for everyone's schedule??? Did I get it right???
Ding! Ding! Ding! You got it right!

This is what the schedule looks like right now:

May 21st: Check into Port Orleans Riverside
**If we can get the extra day off work and school

May 22nd: Check into Caribbean Beach

May 23rd to May 31st: Time in the parks and at the resort

June 1st: Head back home

Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #2060
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I think it makes sense to book that extra room just in case. As you said, you can always cancel it if you or John can't get off that extra day. And I'm sure Hunter doesn't still have anything at that point, school-work wise.

And that's cool that you will have family there the same time as you!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 01-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #2061
KatMark
DIS Veteran

for adding a day...I hope you get to use it and get to try that "other resort" that you've been wanting to do. Testing the last week of school, unfortunately, is not all that unusual...at least here.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #2062
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Hi Lisa! Sorry I have been MIA. I have been lurking but not commenting. Been crazy around here this past month. Both kids have been sick. Not fun!!! Anyway. Yay for adding another day & at POR!!! (If you can get the extra day off) So exciting to be trying a new resort! (even for just a day!) Can't wait to hear how it is!! We did a horse & carriage ride at POR on our honeymoon! Very pretty resort! If I was to stray from CBR, POR would be my next choice! Hope you have a great week!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #2063
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I think it makes sense to book that extra room just in case. As you said, you can always cancel it if you or John can't get off that extra day. And I'm sure Hunter doesn't still have anything at that point, school-work wise.

And that's cool that you will have family there the same time as you!
I'm going to keep that extra day just in case and hope that we'll get to go early.

I've been talking with my cousins about a possible trip to Disney and was happy to hear that they were going at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
for adding a day...I hope you get to use it and get to try that "other resort" that you've been wanting to do. Testing the last week of school, unfortunately, is not all that unusual...at least here.
Seriously? Usually, our teachers encourage the kids not to come those last few days of school just so it's less work on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Hi Lisa! Sorry I have been MIA. I have been lurking but not commenting. Been crazy around here this past month. Both kids have been sick. Not fun!!! Anyway. Yay for adding another day & at POR!!! (If you can get the extra day off) So exciting to be trying a new resort! (even for just a day!) Can't wait to hear how it is!! We did a horse & carriage ride at POR on our honeymoon! Very pretty resort! If I was to stray from CBR, POR would be my next choice! Hope you have a great week!!!
It's okay! I know that ya'll have been battling sickness around your house. I'm keeping you all in my prayers and hope that they get well very soon.

I'm going to try my best to keep the POR reservation. My boss is going to have a fit when I tell him. But, like I remind him all the time, I never take off work due to illness. I don't take personal days. I want my goshdarn vacation and as many days as I can get.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #2064
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Your boss should be happy - at least he'll know when you'll be gone! Sick days just pop up and there's no chance to prepare for them!

I hope you get the extra day too - you deserve it! You earned those vacation days, now use them!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #2065
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Searching for my lost shaker of salt!

Searching for my lost shaker of salt!

Our flight on Soariní was over way too soon and we were left wondering what to do next. Well, since we are already in The Land, why not take a boat ride? The line for Living With The Land was short so we got in and wove our way through the line. Along the way, I snapped a picture of the hidden Mickey in the mural:

Donít you just love how Disney has ďthemedĒ garbage cans :

We boarded our boat and were soon sailing through the tropical rain forest, the dry dessert and the farmlands. Apparently, I was either too intent on looking at my surroundings or my pictures came out looking like poo and I deleted them because I have no pictures until we come to the greenhouses.

Cassava:

Vanilla:

Yep, those things right there are....are..... Oh yeah, they are plants of some sort.

Gee, looks like my plant identification skills suck if I donít have a sign telling me what they are.

Fluted Pumpkin:

Edible water plants:

Whatís that up ahead? Why, letís see if they have signs telling us what they are Ďcause I donít know unless they tell me.

Whoa! Wait, I know what those things are. Pineapples!

And big green things growing right behind them:

More greenhouse pictures:

B-A-N-A-N-A! Banana! Banana! (Oh my word, Iím telling my age. Do any of you remember that song from Captain Kangaroo?) Okay, do any of you even know who Captain Kangaroo is? Oh my! Iím old!

**Continued in next post

Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #2066
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

The fish farm:

Sturgeon to the left:

Hidden Mickey in the garden hose:

Hidden Mickey, eels and shrimp to our right:

We floated back out into the bright Florida sunshine and were greeted by these lovely sunflowers:

Wheat:

Okra or okree as we say it in Louisiana :

Blue agave:

Eggplant tree:

Stay with me now, I promise Iíll stop boring you with ďplant picturesĒ soon. Hang on!

Sweet potato tree:

Look! Thereís Mickey in the lettuce!

Excuse me! Excuse me! Mr. Boat Captain Sir, I want off. Iím searching or my lost shaker of salt and I think that I left it underneath the tomato tree when I was grazing from it:

Wait! Why arenít you stopping? Oh, thereís no Captain anymore? Thatís the pits! Guess, Iíll stay put and finish out the tour:

**Up next: Our evil devious plan to trick unsuspecting victims!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #2067
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Your boss should be happy - at least he'll know when you'll be gone! Sick days just pop up and there's no chance to prepare for them!

I hope you get the extra day too - you deserve it! You earned those vacation days, now use them!
That's exactly what I said! Great minds think alike. I can count on one hand how many days I've taken off (non-vacation days) in the last four, almost five years. He better be thankful that I put up with him. His last few secretaries couldn't handle him and quit. The last one didn't even give him notice...just left a note on his desk one afternoon and never came back.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #2068
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I love your descriptions of the plants you don't have the signs for! I try to always make sure I have the sign in the picture, or I won't remember what they are either!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #2069
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Living with the Land is one of my favorite attractions. Maybe because I am the WORST gardener on the planet and it's nice to see LIVING plants once in a while!

Yep...right there with you and Captain Kangaroo. We are old!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #2070
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
That's exactly what I said! Great minds think alike. I can count on one hand how many days I've taken off (non-vacation days) in the last four, almost five years. He better be thankful that I put up with him. His last few secretaries couldn't handle him and quit. The last one didn't even give him notice...just left a note on his desk one afternoon and never came back.
You must be one of the good ones! I know legal secretaries can make or break the lawyer! I don't have private practice so I don't get to have a secretary, but you can bet if I had a good one I'd treat her like a queen!

I forgot to mention how fun the Land is- I never remember those plants without the signs either. There's always a 9 pound lemon- usually it's right by that Blue Agave Tree. I think I see the sign, but don't see the lemon! It must not have gotten to 9 pounds!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: