Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #2011
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreak0428 View Post
Those shorts made me laugh!!! Just tuning in now to your trip report-- your reports are always hilarious!

on a side note I just bought that same bag that you have in folkloric from the Vera Outlet in Orlando this past August! I don't know how I did Disney World without it!!!
Welcome! I'm glad to have you here.

The Vera Bradley Hipster is the best bag that I've found to take to Disney. It has just enough pockets and is the right size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
I know someone who has those sahoes and says they atr very comfy but I think they are U-G-L-Y and could never stand them. My daughter loves toe socks so she would probably wear them. I love Clark Griswold but that man in the teal shorts should go shopping more than once every 20 years. Love your pictures but when I see those ugly name things in front os Spaceship Earth I want to scream.
Oh they are definitely UGLY! I hate them!

The "tombstones" in front of the park....you either love 'em or hate 'em. I haven't found a "love 'em" post yet.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #2012
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahahaha those are ABSOLUTELY Clark Griswold shorts!!!

Funny memory about the Epcot flowers...people really do seem to say the most random things sometimes! My friends and I were in the city last week, and this woman comes RACING by behind us, yelling to the person along with her "I NEED A COCONUT CAKE, ASAP!!!"
As soon as I saw the shorts, I thought of Clark Griswold.

I sure hope that the lady got her coconut cake. Sounds like she really really needed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Lisa, I would normally keep quiet, but I just can't. Those shoes are hideous looking.

It sounds like a great start to the day. I love Ellen and Universe of Energy...so glad you guys got to do it. And happy Jesse liked Soarin'
Oh no need to keep quiet about Lacey's shoes. We picked on her all week long because we thought they were the ugliest shoes ever! Ever ever ever!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #2013
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Too bad you didn't get to do EE. Hopefully you had another AK day.

I'm do happy House of Blues is on the DP now! John lives that place and it has be placed on the list for Nov. I think I may just start with desert. LOL

Such a nice Mom you are! I would love to be surprised with La Nouba tickets! The only time we really tried, they were being refurbished. Some day!

We only did Ellen's ride thingy once, because we where waiting for our FP time too! LOL
Kadence didn't like it because the dinosaurs scared her.

Nice jazz hands!

I hope Momma's phone/cable/electric all is fixed! Scary thinking it hit the house.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #2014
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I have tried on a similar pair of shoes to the ones that Lacey has (not the same ones, but that "Toe" style) and they actually are very comfortable, but I'd never buy them since they are so ugly!

I also love Ellen's Energy Adventure! She is hilarious, and the ride doesn't feel as long as it is. And I'm glad Jesse loved Soarin', it's such a unique ride.

I'm trying to figure out what Jimmy Buffet could have to do with Epcot, for your next installment....

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #2015
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I can't believe that it showed up on the screen. I figured that the picture would have been eaten by a dinosaur or something.
Which was why I bought it and was shocked they printed it too. I did actually have my had sideways in the picture though and it did look like I was pointing at something. I've herd the only pic they actually censor are the "flash mountain" ones with people pulling their shirt up at the drop.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #2016
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The "tombstones" in front of the park....you either love 'em or hate 'em. I haven't found a "love 'em" post yet.
I like the "tombstones" but your right they do need to be moved away from spaceship earth. I actually have my picture on one of them but can't remember what the location is off hand.

I'm the one in the middle of the pic with Canada written on my hat.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #2017
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I like the "tombstones" but your right they do need to be moved away from spaceship earth. I actually have my picture on one of them but can't remember what the location is off hand.

I'm the one in the middle of the pic with Canada written on my hat.
I guess that I should have rephrased my statement earlier. I don't exactly hate the tombstones but I do wish they were located somewhere else. It's so cool that you have your picture on one of them! We thought about doing it years ago.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #2018
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I have tried on a similar pair of shoes to the ones that Lacey has (not the same ones, but that "Toe" style) and they actually are very comfortable, but I'd never buy them since they are so ugly!

I also love Ellen's Energy Adventure! She is hilarious, and the ride doesn't feel as long as it is. And I'm glad Jesse loved Soarin', it's such a unique ride.

I'm trying to figure out what Jimmy Buffet could have to do with Epcot, for your next installment....
They are definitely some ugly shoes! I've seen lots of folks wearing them though.

We've liked Ellen Degeneres every since she first started out and used to watch her show many years ago. She's hilarious!

Hopefully, I can get another installment written in the next day or so. My boss has a lot of appointments so that'll keep him busy but I also have billing to do and I'll be busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Too bad you didn't get to do EE. Hopefully you had another AK day.

I'm do happy House of Blues is on the DP now! John lives that place and it has be placed on the list for Nov. I think I may just start with desert. LOL

Such a nice Mom you are! I would love to be surprised with La Nouba tickets! The only time we really tried, they were being refurbished. Some day!

We only did Ellen's ride thingy once, because we where waiting for our FP time too! LOL
Kadence didn't like it because the dinosaurs scared her.

Nice jazz hands!

I hope Momma's phone/cable/electric all is fixed! Scary thinking it hit the house.
I was excited to see several "new" restaurants on the dining plan. Some of our favorites....Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex and now, House of Blues are all on the plan.

One year, we had planned on seeing Cirque and, like you, ran into refurbishments so we didn't get to go.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #2019
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I wanted to stop and thank each and every one of you for the Holiday and Birthday wishes! It was a lovely Christmas and, even though the stay was too short, we had a great time with the entire family.

Mama's electricity and telephone services were restored just two days after the tree fell and ripped everything from her house. My sister works for the City and she had a few connections with some sub-contractor electricians and she called one of them. They were there the day after Christmas to repair the electricity and they only charged her $250.00. The phone company came the next day and reconnected the telephone service and tightened the sagging wire from the main pole. The only thing that was left was the cable wire and John pulled it as tight as he could and it will do for now. I don't even know if Mama's going to worry with calling them since she never lost her service with them. We are going to use much of the fallen tree as firewood so take that you darn tree you!

For my birthday, John and Hunter took me to see Cirque du Soleil in 3D. It was fantastic! Jen, you would probably think that it's weird but, thankfully, they do explain the storyline ahead of time so you can keep up with what's going on. There were only 15 people in the theater so it felt like we had a one-on-one performance. I'd definitely go back and see it again. Just like the live show, there are so many things to look at all at once.

It rained all evening long on New Year's Eve so it ruined our plans to shoot fireworks. Then, it rained all day long on New Year's day. So, we didn't do a gosh darn thing. Wait, I take that back, I cleaned out all of my dresser drawers and my make-up/junk drawer in the bathroom. I couldn't believe the amount of junk that had piled up in there.

We ended up shooting some of the fireworks last night but didn't stay out very long because the wind was blowing and most of the rockets would go this way and that instead of going straight up.

It's a tradition that we eat black eyed peas, cabbage and cornbread on New Year's because it's supposed to bring you lots of money and good luck in the new year. Well, we didn't eat one pea, no cabbage and nary a slice of cornbread. I told John that they didn't work for 2012 so why not try something different. For lunch, we had hot dogs and for dinner we had homemade burgers. Let the money start rolling in and the good luck abound!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #2020
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess that I should have rephrased my statement earlier. I don't exactly hate the tombstones but I do wish they were located somewhere else. It's so cool that you have your picture on one of them! We thought about doing it years ago.
It's ok I get what you mean, like I said I think they are in a bad place now too, but I still do like to try and find myself when I do go. However the only problem is I can't find the card I have that has the location of it and have to ask at the camera centre where they can look it up for you.

- Walt Disney
Old 01-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #2021
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Wow...those shorts are something else!

Sorry about the rain soaked New Year's festivities. That stinks! We didn't get rain, but it's really cold here. I'd rather have rain!

Not sure yet about a PTR. I've been contemplating....and mulling over titles in my head. We'll see! I'll be sure to let you know!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #2022
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okay, listen up all you CSR and POR fans out there. I know that this has been a back and forth, back and forth issue with our family for several years but I need brutally honest opinions.

I was able to add the Disney Visa promo to our May, 2013 vacation and saved $637. Mama and Lacey's reservations need to be changed now that the promo has been made public. I've called twice this morning to try and modify the reservations and each time the process starts, the computers go down and they aren't able to make the change. Others over on the Discount and Codes threads have been able to modify their reservations. My fear is that all rooms at the CBR will be taken by the time I am able to get through.

If I have to change moderates, I'll have to chose between Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs because the percentage off at Port Orleans French Quarter is just 5%.

So, I went over to the CSR page to reconfirm (we already knew about it) that there is a convention there for two of our nights. I'm thinking that since the convention ends on a Thursday some conventioners will be bringing along their families and will stay through the weekend. I went to the company's website to see how many attendees they had planned for and found this:

Fusion is the IFO's (Institute of Financial Operations) flagship event, with over 2,000 attendees and five days of breakout sessions, thought-leader sessions, keynotes, and networking opportunities covering the full spectrum of financial operations, including AP, AR, automation, and procure-to-pay and BPM.

According to the convention schedule, it looks like most events will be ending at around 4:00 or so.

There's also one evening that they are going to have a block party and someone posted that it would require the beach being blocked off for the evening.

The over 2,000 part scares the bejeezers out of us. I'm wondering how many of those attendees will be staying at the CSR and how much of an impact it would make on a stay there. I figure a large number of those folks will bring their families along too and that will add to the crowd there.

BUT, since there are only a certain number of rooms blocked off for the convention would it really matter? Do the convention goers (even those not staying at the CSR) have full use of the resort while there?

Now, over to the POR questions. We are from Louisiana and I'm not quite sure that we would appreciate the "vibe" of the resort since it's something we see every day.

If we were to get put in an Alligator Bayou room, I know that we wouldn't have enough storage room. I would absolutely not want to be put in one of those rooms.

However, we do like to go to Downtown Disney and it'd be nice to take the boat over.

I've heard that the two Port Orleans resorts sometimes share bus transportation. Have any of you been mid to late May who can share their experiences?

Anyway, all these questions may be mute once I get through to Disney again but I need to know our options just in case.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #2023
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Those shorts are something else! Love the photo comparisons.

So glad that Jesse enjoyed Soarin! It's such a fun ride, we all love it.

We've never stayed at CSR or POR so I don't have much to add. However, we did stay at French Quarter and in the week we were there only shared buses with Riverside once-and that was at an 'off' time--like 2 pm or such. Good luck!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #2024
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, listen up all you CSR and POR fans out there. I know that this has been a back and forth, back and forth issue with our family for several years but I need brutally honest opinions.

I was able to add the Disney Visa promo to our May, 2013 vacation and saved $637. Mama and Lacey's reservations need to be changed now that the promo has been made public. I've called twice this morning to try and modify the reservations and each time the process starts, the computers go down and they aren't able to make the change. Others over on the Discount and Codes threads have been able to modify their reservations. My fear is that all rooms at the CBR will be taken by the time I am able to get through.

If I have to change moderates, I'll have to chose between Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs because the percentage off at Port Orleans French Quarter is just 5%.

So, I went over to the CSR page to reconfirm (we already knew about it) that there is a convention there for two of our nights. I'm thinking that since the convention ends on a Thursday some conventioners will be bringing along their families and will stay through the weekend. I went to the company's website to see how many attendees they had planned for and found this:

Fusion is the IFO's (Institute of Financial Operations) flagship event, with over 2,000 attendees and five days of breakout sessions, thought-leader sessions, keynotes, and networking opportunities covering the full spectrum of financial operations, including AP, AR, automation, and procure-to-pay and BPM.

According to the convention schedule, it looks like most events will be ending at around 4:00 or so.

There's also one evening that they are going to have a block party and someone posted that it would require the beach being blocked off for the evening.

The over 2,000 part scares the bejeezers out of us. I'm wondering how many of those attendees will be staying at the CSR and how much of an impact it would make on a stay there. I figure a large number of those folks will bring their families along too and that will add to the crowd there.

BUT, since there are only a certain number of rooms blocked off for the convention would it really matter? Do the convention goers (even those not staying at the CSR) have full use of the resort while there?

Now, over to the POR questions. We are from Louisiana and I'm not quite sure that we would appreciate the "vibe" of the resort since it's something we see every day.

If we were to get put in an Alligator Bayou room, I know that we wouldn't have enough storage room. I would absolutely not want to be put in one of those rooms.

However, we do like to go to Downtown Disney and it'd be nice to take the boat over.

I've heard that the two Port Orleans resorts sometimes share bus transportation. Have any of you been mid to late May who can share their experiences?

Anyway, all these questions may be mute once I get through to Disney again but I need to know our options just in case.
I replied to you on FB on your question and gave you my honest opinion.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #2025
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I replied to you on FB on your question and gave you my honest opinion.
Thanks Kathy! I know that you love the CSR as much as we love the CBR but I also knew that you'd shoot straight.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: