Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #1951
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
First of all, while I'm sorry that tree fell toward your Mama's house, I'm so glad it just took out the wires and such and didn't fall INTO the house!

Your picture from Dinosaur is great! I always forget which dino it's taken at and and miss my posing opportunity.
Amen sister! The live wires and tree were about 10 feet from the end of Mama's house and from her van. Yikes!

We forget which dinosaur takes the picture too so we pose at every "big" dinosaur.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #1952
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Singing the blues and swinging from the rafters!

Everyone showered and got ready as quickly as possible so that we could make our dinner ADR at Downtown Disney. Where were we headed? Here:

This was our first time eating at the House of Blues and we were excited when we found out that they now accepted the Disney Dining Plan. We checked in and we seated immediately which was good because John and I knew that we had to be at our next destination at an exact time. Nobody else knew this so we discreetly hurried them along in their entree decision making.

Lacey and Hunter both ordered the fried chicken but substituted fries as their side dish. (Buttermilk Fried Chicken - fried chicken marinated in buttermilk, adobo spice, served with Yukon gold garlic mashed potatoes and topped with Cojita cheese and applewood bacon)
Look at the portion! It was huge!

The rest of us ordered the steak (New York Strip - seasoned 12-oz. center cut steak with sauteed bourbon onions served with Red Rose garlic mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables)

Smile for the camera Lacey and Jesse:

Lacey tried to take a picture of John, Hunter and I but couldn’t get us all in the picture because of the size of the booth. Our waiter was kind enough to take a group picture and I thought that it turned out quite nice:

For dessert, John and Jesse ordered Bourbon Bread Pudding - cooked with bananas and white chocolate, finished with a bourbon caramel sauce topped with fresh whipped cream:

Lacey and Hunter ordered Triple Chocolate Cheesecake - three decadent layers of chocolate cheesecake with seasonal berries and fresh whipped cream. The description came from the allears site and seems a little different from the picture. Looks like our’s had a layer of “regular” cheesecake instead of three chocolate layers.

I ordered Key Lime Pie - made with fresh key lime juice and drizzled with a fresh raspberry coulis topped with fresh whipped cream

Everything was absolutely delicious! I would recommend it to anyone and have booked it for our next trip to Disney. Be very aware that the portions are large and could easily be split between two people if you aren’t on the dining plan.

As we were ordering our desserts, John asked for our bill so that we wouldn’t have to wait for it when we were done. While eating the desserts, we told Hunter, Lacey and Jesse that we had a surprise for them all and handed out a piece of paper to each. They opened them and it took a minute or two for the surprise to register. Then one of them said “are you serious?”. We told them yes we were. What was the surprise? Tickets to Cirque du Soleil!

We waddled our stuffed bellies out of the restaurant and into the store where some of them picked our t-shirts. We didn’t have long to linger though because we needed to get to the theater. Lacey did ask if we could stop long enough to take their picture:

The House of Blues is right next door to the Cirque du Soleil tent/theater and we were thankful because we were all so full from our delicious meal.

Our seats were Category 2 seats and we were just three rows up and in the middle of the theater so our seats were great. We could see everything that was happening....the tightrope walkers, the cute little Asian girls with the Chinese yo-yos, the silly clowns and trapeze artists who swung from the rafters and flew through the air.

This was our third time to see Cirque and it was as amazing as always. To some, the show may be kind of “weird” or “odd” but to us, it’s fantastic. Taken from the Cirque du Soleil website:

A door opens and two worlds collide. Enter the attic of make-believe, where the mundane meets the marvelous. Dreams and nightmares intertwine. La Nouba which calls on both individual and collective memory, is an unforgettable journey into a world at once threatening and exhilarating, frightening and familiar. La Nouba beckons to us, challenges us to uncover passions we thought we had lost long ago; to frolic in our childhood dreams and enter a place where the extraordinary transforms and overcomes the ordinary.

La Nouba is the meeting of two worlds poles apart: the fantastic world of the circus artists - the Cirques (circus people), sporting bright, fluorescent colours–and that of the Urbains (urbanites), who wear dark, monochromatic outfits. When these two worlds first make contact, the magic and amazing feats of the one set fire to the pale mundanity of the other

You aren’t allowed to take pictures during the performance so I borrowed some from the Cirque website:

When the show was over, Jesse, Lacey and Hunter thanked us over and over again for the surprise and gave us each a big hug. Awww, I love my kiddos! It was getting pretty late and most of the stores were either closed or were closing up shop for the night. We took a few pictures but they didn’t turn out so great:

We caught the bus at the Pleasure Island stop and were back at the resort in no time. The day had been long, hot and exhausting but ended on a fantastic note!

**Up next: Is that Clark W. Griswold, Jr?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #1953
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Great update! That steak and onions looks great! We haven't eaten there since the menu change. Maybe another trip back is due.

What a great surprise for them! I've always wanted to see cirque, but haven't because of the price. We do have one of their videos. It's amazing so I can just imagine how much better it is in person.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #1954
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Great update! That steak and onions looks great! We haven't eaten there since the menu change. Maybe another trip back is due.

What a great surprise for them! I've always wanted to see cirque, but haven't because of the price. We do have one of their videos. It's amazing so I can just imagine how much better it is in person.
The steak was sooo good! I wish that I had one right now.

Cirque is amazing! I signed up for the free Cirque Club and scored a % off our tickets and the savings was equal to the price of one of the tickets at normal price. It's pretty expensive so we can't go every trip.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #1955
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

oh, I'm so excited to hear about House of Blues. That's one of the restaurants we are eating at in March. The steak looks awesome!!! And I too wish you health and happiness for the coming year!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #1956
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas!! So glad Jesse and Lacey were able to come home for a few days!!

Animal Kingdom has the coolest little details! I have never noticed the dinosaur made from stuff and the rats were just plain creepy!!

The steak at House of Blues looked very yummy...must keep that in mind! I can't wait to get to Cirque!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #1957
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have never noticed that rate and snake pots before. Even though I am not a fan of either critter, they are pretty darn cool.

Your dinner at House of Blues looks so yummy! It's now on my list. Looks like everyone had a great meal.

Your dress is so cute!

Love Cirque. I look forward to seeing it again in the future!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #1958
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your ride photo from Dinosaur is great - looks like some of your ridemates played along as well!

Your dinner at House of Blues looks really good! I've always wanted to see Cirque - it looks like an awesome show!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #1959
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Too bad you didn't make it over to Everest again.
Dinner looks great. I may have to put that one on my list. I bet they were all happy with the surprise. I am one who finds it weird, but I do love the Asian yo-yo girls.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #1960
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
oh, I'm so excited to hear about House of Blues. That's one of the restaurants we are eating at in March. The steak looks awesome!!! And I too wish you health and happiness for the coming year!
I think that you'll enjoy House of Blues. We sure did!

Thanks for the new year wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Merry Christmas!! So glad Jesse and Lacey were able to come home for a few days!!

Animal Kingdom has the coolest little details! I have never noticed the dinosaur made from stuff and the rats were just plain creepy!!

The steak at House of Blues looked very yummy...must keep that in mind! I can't wait to get to Cirque!
The rats were a little creepy but still cool!

If you ever get a chance, go to Cirque. It's amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have never noticed that rate and snake pots before. Even though I am not a fan of either critter, they are pretty darn cool.

Your dinner at House of Blues looks so yummy! It's now on my list. Looks like everyone had a great meal.

Your dress is so cute!

Love Cirque. I look forward to seeing it again in the future!
I'm not a fan of either of those critters either! But, weren't they pretty neat on the pots.

I bought the dress at Sam's Club of all places. It's one of those that's supposed to look a little wrinkled so it packed really well.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #1961
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

First off Merry Christmas to you and your family and Happy Boxing Day (that's what the 26th is here in Canada http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_day ) Next up love your pictures on Dinosaur, have you ever done with you guys posing in the "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil pose?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 12-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #1962
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your ride photo from Dinosaur is great - looks like some of your ridemates played along as well!

Your dinner at House of Blues looks really good! I've always wanted to see Cirque - it looks like an awesome show!
We noticed the guy in the back too!

In our opinion, Cirque is well worth the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Too bad you didn't make it over to Everest again.
Dinner looks great. I may have to put that one on my list. I bet they were all happy with the surprise. I am one who finds it weird, but I do love the Asian yo-yo girls.
I always think of you and Brooke when I see anything that has to do with Cirque. I remember ya'll being really tired and you thinking it was weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
First off Merry Christmas to you and your family and Happy Boxing Day (that's what the 26th is here in Canada http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_day ) Next up love your pictures on Dinosaur, have you ever done with you guys posing in the "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil pose?
Happy Boxing Day to you as well!

Oh my gosh! We actually DID say that we needed to do the "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil" pose but decided to save that for a trip with just three of us. Wow! Great minds think alike.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #1963
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Happy Boxing Day to you as well!

Oh my gosh! We actually DID say that we needed to do the "Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil" pose but decided to save that for a trip with just three of us. Wow! Great minds think alike.
Wow that's too funny thee only funny pic I have of myself on Dinosaur I couldn't post anywhere as I was kind of sort of flashing a certain finger at the Dino at the end, I bought it only because it actually showed up on the screen.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 12-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #1964
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I am so glad Mama is ok! How incredibly scary for her.

Fun updates! Poor Lacey, hitting her head though! It is amazing sometimes how time can get away from you like that when you are trying to go back and change for a dinner somewhere else. I don't know why I am always surprised, but I am!

What a wonderful evening. Dinner looks really REALLY good, I might have to put that on my list for next year. We've eaten lunch there before, not on the DDP and really liked it. I would love to take the whole family to Cirque, that would just be incredible.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #1965
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

The food at House of Blues look yummy! And I'm that Lacey and Hunter ordered the same meal and dessert. Think they are siblings??

I'd love to do La Nouba at some point.

Oh, and I love your dress that you were wearing, it's super cute!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: