Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #1936
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I stopped by to wish you a Merry Christmas to you and your family, and read about the situation at Hunter's school. How scary for all, especially after what happened in Connecticut. I'm glad they found th eperson and hope he gets some help.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #1937
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Merry Christmas Lisa !!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #1938
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

MERRY CHRISTMAS LISA, AND FAMILY!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 12-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #1939
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa! I hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #1942
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

I hope you had a merry christmas. I didn't make it to the boards before hand to wish you a merry christmas.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #1943
MEK
DIS Veteran

Lisa - I hope you and the family had a wonderful Christmas!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #1944
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

MERRY DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS!

Better late than never I suppose. Thanks to all of you for the Christmas wishes!

Our Christmas was an eventful one, and, in true McBride fashion, it included a little "action". Mama called about 1:00 p.m. crying saying that a tree had fallen and had ripped the meter box, electrical and telephone wires from her house. The wires were live on the ground so we had to put in an emergency call to the electric company. The emergency crew came about 4 hours later and turned off the service so that an electrician could come.

Mama called just a few minutes ago and said that the electrician came by and will have his portion of the work done today. The other companies will have to be called but phone and cable aren't as important.

Other than that, we had a great holiday! Lacey and Jesse came to Louisiana and we were able to spend three days with them. They are now on their way back to Tennessee. It'll be five long months until we see them again.

I need to get busy here at work but I'm hoping that it won't be too terribly busy. I have GOT to get a move-on with this trip report. [/SIZE]

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #1945
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

How scary for Mama! At least the tree just landed on wires and didn't damage the house itself. So wonderful that you got to spend a few days with Lacey and Jesse too. Sounds like you had a nice holiday overall!

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 12-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #1947
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

There are rats coming out of that flower pot! And theres a snake!

Before leaving the Asia area of the park, we checked once more to see if Expedition Everest was back up and running and it was not. So, we headed in the direction of Dinoland USA. It was time for a blast from the past...to come face to face with some large beasts! It was time for:

There was some construction going on around the front of the building:

For repeat readers, you know that we like to take crazy pictures while on Dinosaur and are usually able to come up with a theme fairly quickly. This time, however, nothing was coming to our minds and, instead of taking pictures in the queue, we were brainstorming. These are all that I took while waiting:

Even as we were boarding our Time Rover, we were trying to decide what to do. Oh no! We gotta come up with something...its a tradition! It isnt the best of our best but it turned out okay:

I purchased the package that included one printed picture and a digital copy then we headed toward:

Because Primeval Whirl was closed, we didnt stick around very long. Have yall ever noticed this sculpture in Dinoland? Its made of all sorts of things and is pretty neat.

We had other plans for the evening and we had pretty much done everything in the park with the exception of Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids. None of us wanted to get soaked to the bone just before getting back on the bus so we skipped it and started walking towards the front of the park. Along the way, we stopped in a couple of shops to browse. While standing outside, I saw something that caused me to say There are rats coming out of that flower pot! And theres a snake! At first, the family thought that I was talking about real rats and snakes but then saw what I was talking about.

When we reached to Oasis, we peeked into the various animal areas and tried to find the various animals hiding out amongst the foliage. We did see several animals including this pretty little deer:

And a:

As I mentioned, we had plans for the evening which included dinner at Downtown Disney (and a surprised that no one but John and I knew about) so we needed to get back to the resort and shower and change before heading back out for the night. We were the only family standing in line for the bus and Hunter and Lacey had a friendly sister/brother competition of who could do the most chin-ups on the bar:

Oops, Lacey hit her head:

A bus came soon after Hunter did his "I did the most chin-up" victory dance and we were on our way back to the Caribbean Beach Resort. Time had kind of gotten away from us and we didn't realize until we got back to our rooms that we needed to semi-rush to get ready. We didn't want to be late for our ADR or for our special surprise.

**Up next: Singing the blues and swinging from the rafters!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 12-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #1948
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Lisa, I stopped by to wish you a Merry Christmas to you and your family, and read about the situation at Hunter's school. How scary for all, especially after what happened in Connecticut. I'm glad they found th eperson and hope he gets some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Merry Christmas Lisa !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS LISA, AND FAMILY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Hi Lisa! I hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Merry Christmas!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
I hope you had a merry christmas. I didn't make it to the boards before hand to wish you a merry christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Lisa - I hope you and the family had a wonderful Christmas!
Thank you all so very much! I hope that you all had a blessed Christmas!

Old 12-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #1949
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh gosh. Was there a storm that caused it to fall? I am glad she is OK.
The winds were pretty bad and it rained all day long. The tree was dead but we thought that it would fall into the woods. It was that darn wind that blew it towards the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
How scary for Mama! At least the tree just landed on wires and didn't damage the house itself. So wonderful that you got to spend a few days with Lacey and Jesse too. Sounds like you had a nice holiday overall!
It was scary for her. She was in the bedroom when it happened and that's the end where all the wiring came into the house. She said that it sounded like a loud explosion.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #1950
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

First of all, while I'm sorry that tree fell toward your Mama's house, I'm so glad it just took out the wires and such and didn't fall INTO the house!

Your picture from Dinosaur is great! I always forget which dino it's taken at and and miss my posing opportunity.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: