Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #1876
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa
I'm still here...doing more lurking that commenting...busy time at work!! But I am keeping up with your updates!!

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #1877
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Hi Lisa
I'm still here...doing more lurking that commenting...busy time at work!! But I am keeping up with your updates!!
I understand completely. I've not had time to comment on several reports that I am reading. Life has been busy for everybody lately!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #1878
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

848 more pictures have been uploaded to Photobucket some of which will come off after I look at them more closely. I've come up with a name for the next installment and am about to get to work on it. The boss slipped out early to take care of some personal business so I think I'll take my 15 minute smoke break (I don't smoke but I'll take that break anyway.) and write a short installment.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 12-10-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #1879
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Who gives a flip if a tree branch falls on me? I wanna see the tree!

Who gives a flip if a tree branch falls on me? I wanna see the tree!

Our next destination was Its Tough To Be A Bug! We love the show and were looking forward to Jesse seeing it. I was also excited to show him all of the various carvings on the Tree of Life. I snapped this picture of John, Hunter and I (and my extra chins):

Imagine our surprise when, just around the river bend, oops, I did it again, another Disney song. Imagine our surprise when, just around the bend, we came upon this:

What the flim flam was all this covered/netted walkway all about? Then, I remembered a story that I had read about a limb falling from the tree: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Dis...z/-/index.html

For a while, Its Tough to be a Bug was completely shut down. It had reopened prior to our arrival but, apparently, they left the covered walkway up. Who gives a flip if a tree branch falls on me? I wanna see the tree! With the wire netting all around, our view of the carvings was obstructed and we couldnt see a lot of the tree. Every now and then, there were openings where the larger carvings were. Like the one above and this one:

See how obstructed the view was:

I understood why they were concerned and why the walkway was what it was. But, just because it is what it is, didnt make me any happier.

The line did seem to move a bit faster and I figured that was because nobody was stopping to gaze up at the splendor of the tree and marvel at the craftsmanship of the carvings. Soon, we were underground and donning our bug eyes:

Once inside the theater, I decided to give some non-flash photography a try and they turned out just like I expected....they look all wobbly. Maybe I should have put my 3D glasses on my camera! Thats something Ill have to try next trip. In the meantime, here are the non-3d pictures.

We all giggled as the announcer told us to all stay in our seats until all the bugs had left the theater. We knew that it would catch Jesse off guard as well as make the others in the theater scream. Jesse let out a little ooh when the bugs crawled under his behind and we, of course, laughed a maniacal laugh.

Once outside, I was glad to see that we could at least look at the tree from that side and I took a few pictures while everybody pointed out the various animals that they could see.

**Up next: Yall wanna ride Expedition Everest? Not Yeti!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 12-10-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #1880
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That's too bad that the tree was covered up!!! It definitely does not have the same effect all covered with mesh!

Ahhh ITTBAB creeps me out...but that is funny that you surprised Jesse with the bugs at the end!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #1881
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That's too bad that the tree was covered up!!! It definitely does not have the same effect all covered with mesh!

Ahhh ITTBAB creeps me out...but that is funny that you surprised Jesse with the bugs at the end!
I was so disappointed when I saw the mesh coverings. It totally ruined the effect of looking up at the tree.

We were all looking over at Jesse to see his reaction to the crawling bugs.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #1882
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Fun day. I missed so much at AK this year. We always short change the park. I need more time and just devote it to really doing everything.
Of course I never expected for Claire lit like EE and we ended up riding that several times too so that took up some time.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #1883
MEK
DIS Veteran

I was pretty bummed when I tried to get pictures of the tree in October and all the netting and stuff was up. Such a bummer. Glad I walked the path a few years ago, but still I was hoping for more pics with my new camera. Oh well.

Did you all get a good laugh at Jesse when he experienced "ants in his pants" for the first time?

Your pictures in the theatre turned out pretty good considering it was 3D.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #1884
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Beginning of the lion king show

If your talking about the African Chant at the beginning of circle of life the lyrics are

Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmn ingonyama

as a side note on my first DCL cruise a comedian on board had these alternate lyrics for the start of the lion king : "pink pyjama's penguin's on the bottom!"

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 12-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #1885
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
If your talking about the African Chant at the beginning of circle of life the lyrics are

Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmn ingonyama

as a side note on my first DCL cruise a comedian on board had these alternate lyrics for the start of the lion king : "pink pyjama's penguin's on the bottom!"
Really? It sounds nothing like that to me. Now the comedians lyrics sound much more like it.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 AM   #1886
natebenma
DIS Veteran

That is so sad that the the walkway by the Tree of Life is still netted up.

My family just discovered the secret path around the ToL, so we are disappointed to hear about the changes.

Your bug-eyed pictures are great!

Seeing a newbie's reaction to It's Tough to Be a Bug never grows old!!! We "surprised" our kids with the show back in 2008. Of course, now they refuse to go back again!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #1887
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

You guys are good! Not warning him ahead of time and letting him get surprised! Too bad about the netting obstructing the view though.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #1888
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

I had to comment on the money tree...a few years ago we were staying at AKV and I saw those plants. I thought it said 'monkey tree' so I bought it because I thought it was a great souvenir from our stay. I was a little embarrassed when I realized I bought a money tree. Surprisingly it is still alive! My thumb is nowhere near green.
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon)
Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #1889
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ya’ll wanna ride Expedition Everest? Not Yeti!

Ya’ll wanna ride Expedition Everest? Not Yeti!

Actually, we did want to ride Expedition Everest with the exception of John who says that it jars his back too much so he planned to wait on us near the bathrooms. As we headed towards Expedition Everest, we made a stop to get a Coke and while Jesse and John stood in line, I snapped pictures.

Awww, they were still so happy to spend time with each other:

I am blessed that my children have hardly ever fought. They would get frustrated with one another every once in a while but I can honestly say that I have never ever had to break up a fight between the two.
Drinks bought, we continued on and came across these monkeys:

John stopped at his resting place while we made our way to the entrance. This picture is blurry but it shows the standby wait time as 40 minutes.

A little long but we were ready to wait. We wove around the line until we got here:

That’s when a castmember came around and started ringing the bells that were hanging above us and made an announcement that the ride was temporarily shut down. They had no idea when it would be back up and running but to keep checking back. We turned around and walked out and back to John who said “I thought ya’ll wanted to ride Expedition Everest?” and we replied “We do but not Yeti!” Oh we crack ourselves up!

**Up next: What’d ya’ll do on the trek? Oh, just hung around, watched animals poop and prayed!

Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #1890
MEK
DIS Veteran

Not Yeti! Now I get it! Funny! Such a bummer having the ride shut down while you were in line. I hope you were able to go back and ride it.

So you sit around and watch animals poop on the trek? Do tell!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: