Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #1786
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

First, I'm that John fell asleep in the theater....or not!

Secondly, I'm glad I have an office all to my self, or I'd have people checking on me from laughing so hard at the pictures of John modelling the backsack, especially the last one!

That Mickey drawn by the CM is fantastic!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Old 11-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #1787
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I caught up right at the right time.
After the first picture my first thought was Skip wears his like that too. But you are right, Skip didn't wear it quite like that last picture....well he hasn't yet, but he might if I show him the picture of John. He doesn't want to be one up'd.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #1788
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm looking through my Photobucket pictures so that I can write the next installment. In the meantime, here are the two Photopass pictures from our Hollywood Studios day:

Old 11-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #1789
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Aaawww, what cute pictures...the last set, not the silly ones of John.

Prayers for your family: thankful that the baby seems better, prayers of hope for the mama.

Can't imagine where Hunter got the idea for using the knee-brace as a neck brace. Genetics is a funny thing.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
Old 11-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #1790
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day!!! at John's different backpack-wearing methods!!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #1791
JanaJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The rest of us were talking about the day and what was on the agenda for the following day. John? Well he was resting his eyes:

Big shocker! I know!
Are you SURE he was resting his eyes? Often times when I'm in similar position I find myself contemplating the existence of the human species within the realm of the greater universe!

My prayers go out your nephew, his wife and baby boy.

4/13 POFQ
10/11 BLT
7/07 POFQ
8/85 Golf Resort
Old 11-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #1792
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I hope all is well with your nephew's family. I'm sure it is really tough for them not knowing what is going on.

On a completely different note- the pictures of John with the backsack are hilarious. I may never look at my backsack the same way again!

I'll be interested in hearing if Jesse ever gets his watch back. I lost a watch at Typhoon Lagoon in 2010- I knew where I lost it (either the wave pool or changing room) and the time within a 30 minute window, but I never got it back. Disney did find a pair of my glasses once and mailed them back to me after my trip.

Love the photopass pictures!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #1793
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

The picture of John brought back memories - in the first trip report of yours that I read John napped his way all around Disney. Not sure if I told you this or not but one of your TRs was the first TR I ever read. Now I am addicted and am usually subscribed to at least 20.... well, at least its an addiction that isn't harmful to my health!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #1794
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
That’s a backsack not a jock strap!

Instead of leaving with the thousands of other guests who were streaming out of the theater, we hung back and people watched. R2 must have been thirsty because I caught him taking a sip of our drink:

Hey, he was thirsty too.

The rest of us were talking about the day and what was on the agenda for the following day. John? Well he was resting his eyes:

Oh my, someone pick me up off the floor. My husband thinks I've gone totally off my rocker.

Big shocker! I know!

Ummmm...not really.

After twenty minutes or so, enough people were out of the stadium that we decided to head on out. Because we knew that the bus lines would probably be long, we made a pit stop at the bathroom first. John was in charge of watching the backsack while the women went in. When I came out, he was wearing it like this:

which made me laugh because Jen’s husband, Skip, wore their backsack all sorts of ways while on their vacation at Universal and Disney. I told John what I was laughing about and he decided to see just how many ways he could wear the backsack.

This one is super blurry because I was laughing so hard. That’s a backsack not a jock strap!

Jen, I think that John has a leg up on Skip on a “different” way to sport a backsack.

We laughed so hard that we actually had people looking at us. Wait, they probably weren’t looking at us because we were laughing, they were probably looking because John had a backsack on his “hoo haa”.

Stop it...you're killing me here (and I can't show Mark because I'm afraid he'll scroll down and see my ticker; I can only tell him and telling doesn't do it he justice seeing does.

A castmember was “drawing” Mickey on the pathway which we thought was neat. I asked him how many characters he could draw and he said most of the main characters but Mickey and Goofy were his favorites.

I love how they do that.

**Up next: Awww! It’s a baby! Not another butt shot!
Sorry they didn't find Jessie's watch. Can't wait to see what happens next with the "butt shot".
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #1795
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Hi Lisa! Praying for your nephew's family!!! Hope all is well!!! Keep us posted!

Glad to hear you had a great trip!

Loved the update! John cracks me up! Can't wait for the next installment!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #1797
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Lisa I'm glad to hear the baby doesn't have a fever anymore. I'm sending prayers for the mama!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #1798
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I guess John's not going to be in charge of the backsack anymore huh?

I love the way he can fall asleep anywhere-and does!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #1799
MEK
DIS Veteran

Fun update, which I know would be even better if I could see the pictures.

Prayers for your nephews baby. I hope all is well and its nothing serious.

I'll be back to see John versus the backpack!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #1800
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
First, I'm that John fell asleep in the theater....or not!

Secondly, I'm glad I have an office all to my self, or I'd have people checking on me from laughing so hard at the pictures of John modelling the backsack, especially the last one!

That Mickey drawn by the CM is fantastic!
John was doing some posing with that backsack wasn't he? Crazy boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I caught up right at the right time.
After the first picture my first thought was Skip wears his like that too. But you are right, Skip didn't wear it quite like that last picture....well he hasn't yet, but he might if I show him the picture of John. He doesn't want to be one up'd.
Hey, maybe that's something you can add to your "reasons to get Skip back to Walt Disney World" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Aaawww, what cute pictures...the last set, not the silly ones of John.

Prayers for your family: thankful that the baby seems better, prayers of hope for the mama.

Can't imagine where Hunter got the idea for using the knee-brace as a neck brace. Genetics is a funny thing.
Thanks so much for the prayers!

Genetics IS a funny thing! Actually, it could be a scary thing as well when you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Sounds like a great day!!! at John's different backpack-wearing methods!!
It really was a good day and the backpack wearing methods made it even better.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: