Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #1681
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm behind! You booked a Thanksgiving trip? For this year?

Love the muppets. Did you ever stop to look under the matt for the key as you walk through the turnstile at Muppets? You're right, there is so much detail. Seems we find something "new" all the time!
Sadly, the trip is to Tennessee, not Disney. I sure wish it were. Believe me, I tried to make the math work. We are going to Tennessee to see Lacey and Jesse instead.

I have never looked for the key because there were always people walking by me.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #1682
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Sadly, the trip is to Tennessee, not Disney. I sure wish it were. Believe me, I tried to make the math work. We are going to Tennessee to see Lacey and Jesse instead.

I have never looked for the key because there were always people walking by me.
That's not sadly. To see them will be great.

Hope sometime you get a chance to look for the key.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #1683
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
That's not sadly. To see them will be great.

Hope sometime you get a chance to look for the key.
I guess that I worded that wrong. I'm sad not to go to Disney but extremely excited to see Lacey & Jesse. We haven't seen them since our Disney trip. Six long months!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #1684
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ooh ooh! Can I have one of those? Pretty pleeeze with a coffee on top?

Ooh ooh! Can I have one of those? Pretty pleeeze with a coffee on top?

At this point, our group split up with John and I heading in one direction and Jesse, Hunter and Lacey heading in another. I don’t remember what they were going to do but I knew what was next on our checklist. Pictures I took while walking to our destination:

Where did we end up?

Yep, that’s right at the creepy spine tingling Tower of Terror. The one attraction that I had, for several years, declared I would never ever ever ever ever ever go on. Two or three years ago, I let John talk me into going and the entire time we were in the queue I kept saying “I’m not going to like this. I am going to hate it. I’m just doing this because you want me to.” The kids had stayed in the dump shop and, literally, prayed for me the entire time we were gone. Imagine their surprise when I told them how I liked it. Heck, I couldn’t believe how much I liked it. Now, I can’t go to Hollywood Studios without at least one ride.

Some pictures I took while walking in and then one of the elevator:

Even though I love the Tower of Terror, that doesn’t mean that I don’t hang on as tight as I can to John and that I don’t scream my head off the entire time we are dropping and zooming back up. I thought that I would be all gutsy and try and take a picture before the drops started:

Hum, didn’t quite work did it? As I always do, I screamed and yelled and squealed throughout the whole thing and loved every single second of it. When we got to the exit, we could see everybody standing around in the store and realized that it had begun to rain and rain hard. Lacey called and asked where we were and said that they had gone to the Animation Building and were stuck too. We said that we’d try and make our way over there as soon as the rain let up. Even though it didn’t stop raining completely, we donned our ponchos and set off.

By the time we got there, the rest of the group were in the store and looking around at the beautiful artwork. What I wouldn’t give to have the money to own some of the things for sale in there.

But take a look at the prices:

I think my favorite one of all of them was this one:

which caused me to turn to John and say “Ooh ooh! Can I have one of those? Pretty pleeeze with a coffee on top?”. (John doesn’t care too much for cherries but does love coffee thus the coffee on top comment.” John pulled out his wallet, opened it up and, alas, there wasn’t enough to purchase the painting so we left it there, hanging on the wall just waiting on some rich person to come along and purchase it.

All of us really wanted to take a ride with Aerosmith so we set off in that direction. You can see from this picture how much it had rained earlier.

When we got to Rock ‘n Roller coaster and it was down. Shoot! We were able to get Fastpasses though and our return time was pretty late that evening which was good because we had a dinner ADR at Sci-Fi. Lacey, Jesse and John went to ride Tower of Terror while Hunter and I stayed behind. First, we made a pit stop at the bathrooms there. I love how Disney even has “themed” bathroom signs:

A few of the outside of the building:

There’s several hidden Mickeys on the scarf:

We also looked around in the RNRC store and bought a few guitar picks and a shirt for Hunter. Lacey called about that time and said that they were done so we went back out and talked about what to do next.

**Up next: Seriously? Did he just lick her face?

Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #1685
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I love the close up of the Aerosmith poster with Steven Tylers shirt having all those hidden mickeys! Who knew?

You never seen 5 minutes of ANY Star Wars movie?

That's just wrong.

Wrong.

There are some nice prints in that Animation store of some of the art, with mats but not framed that aren't entirely ridiculous. I almost bought one for Eric for Christmas but figured by the time I did frame it, I'd be up to $75 or more and for that...he should pick it out himself.

Fun update!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #1686
sewmess
DIS Veteran

I may steal that "Pretty Please with Coffee On Top." I too like me some coffee, and as a wonderful segway here: The only counter service worth a flip in DHS is Starring Rolls. But we always do breakfast there, so we usually book a sit-down at the Sci-Fi Dine In for lunch. Which always ends up keeping us through dinner time as well.

I love ToT queue, but hate the ride. DH usually talks me into one ride on it, but spared me this year. He had to ride Star Tours multiple times instead (and can I add that I am shocked that you have never seen one minute of over 12 hours of possible Star Wars footage. Shocked)

DH and I always take a mini-vacation in January or February. Waht kind of recommendations do you have for that neck of Tennessee. We went to Chattanooga last year and enjoyed it very much (despite having taillight issues and it being FREEZING on the river.)

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
Old 11-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #1687
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

You never seen 5 minutes of ANY Star Wars movie?

That's just wrong.

Wrong.
Neither have I! Back in my proofreading days, I did some of the books, but that's as close to SW as I've gotten. (And when you are proofreading, you don't necessarily remember the content.) We've never done ST -- wondering how it would be for someone with balance issues.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #1688
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Hunter doesn't like Tower of Terror? What did Jesse think of it?

Why are the artworks so dang expensive? I want one!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #1689
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I love checking out the animation art, but agreed - it is very pricey!! It's pretty to observe, and then walk away from hahaha.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #1690
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I LOVE that shop in the Animation building and HATE it. Love the prints, hate that I can't afford any of them!

Wow, it really rained. And I never noticed the HMs in the scarf either, too cool!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #1691
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

That's to cute that Jesse made a hidden Mickey with the food plates!

Your Great Movie Ride pictures came out good. I think all of mine were blurry. All of my pics from June are still in my camera because I am challenged and don't know how to put them in photo bucket (sad I know)

You know I have never thought to do the Abbey Road thing, but I think I will steal that idea from you for next time.

I love the Muppets! I wish they had more Muppet stuff!

That's so cool you had a storm trooper in the queue with you. We've never gotten one.

I've done ToT before but I don't like stomach drops and that ride is all stomach drops. I'll do it if River doesn't have anyone else to go on with but otherwise I keep my feet on the ground.

I'm so happy for you that you get to see Lacey and Jesse for Thanksgiving I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #1692
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I love the Muppet building. I'd happily skip the show and just spend more time looking around in the pre show area.

yay for ToT! I just love everything about that ride!

Awesome RnRC pics! I've never looked that closely at the Aerosmith picture. Love the Mickeys!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #1693
eeyorefan107
Mouseketeer

Joining in late, but I'm all caught up. I've been enjoying your TR, and I can't wait to read about what happens next.

Counting down the days until our next Disney Trip!!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #1694
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Lisa!

I love Muppets! I giggle every time Sam says that it's a salute to all nations, but mostly America. Every. Single. Time.

I'm the only one in my immediate family that has seen any Star Wars movies, but my DD10's 4th grade teacher was really into Star Wars, so she has some knowledge of it. Since we rarely go to Hollywood Studios, I'm not sure when we'll ride it. I think we did it once when she was a toddler.

I can't believe you like Tower of Terror! You will never, ever get me on that thing! I tried RNRC the last time we were at HS and it made me so nauseous!

We hit all the art stores and I keep saying that I want something. My DH keeps telling me to just get one, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to buy one. I can barely bring myself to buy my usual Christmas ornament!

Glad you got your Thanksgiving trip booked! DH is headed up to Knoxville today for the football game (of course) while I'm at home with a sicko kid.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #1695
cmaee
DIS Veteran

Your day was a lot of fun. Yay, for your upcoming Thanksgiving trip. I bet it is pretty in the mountains this time of the year.

So, did anything happen when Hunter pulled the "Don't pull the rope" rope? I don't believe I have ever noticed it before.

Spring 1995 - Magical Mickey Music Days March 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside April 2009 (Easter) - Coronado Springs
August 2010 - Beach Club
December 2010 (Christmas) - Pop Century December 2012 - Pop Century

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: