Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #1501
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great updates!!

The photopass pics with John and Tiana turned out so good!!

But...the pictures on BTMRR had me cracking up!! Too funny! So glad you shared them!!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #1502
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

I love the picture of John and Tiana! Too cute!
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #1503
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Well, you already know I was waaaay behind on your TR, but I'm all caught up now!

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with the loss of two of your aunts in such a short time. My mom feels the same way you do about having a funeral. In fact, I'm pretty sure she had the exact same words - if you didn't see me when I was alive, don't come look at me when I'm dead. And Davis and I were talking about sprinkling ashes at Disney World not too long ago ourselves.

I'm glad you got out of your funk and on with your funky! I liked the "First Visit" picture of Jesus and Cinderella Castle! Loved those pics of you on BTMRR! Thanks for sharing with us! You guys are really giving Jesse the Grand Tour! Glad the rain wasn't getting you down!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 10-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #1504
sewmess
DIS Veteran

John's pictures with Tiana were wonderful. Of course he'd want his picture with the Louisiana princess. We don't do a lot of charcter meets either, but this year DH had heard that Doug, from Up, was at AK. It was on his list to do and so we got pictures with Doug and Russell (he wouldn't have his picture taken alone with them)

I did laugh at the pictures. It's good to have a sense of humor about yourself and those pictures are exactly why I don't take pictures on rides. I'd end up with the camera backwards, taking pictures of myself rather than whatever it was I wanted.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #1505
JanaJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It started to sprinkle rain when we left the Haunted Mansion but I wanted to get Fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain so Lacey and I grabbed everybodys KTTW cards and set out for the Fastpass machines. The guys decided to hang around in the little gift shop outside of The Haunted Mansion while we were gone.[/COLOR]
Did I miss something??? The guys went shopping while the ladies ran for Fastpasses!!! Somehow that seems backwards.

Quote:
If it started raining harder, one of us would have to sprint up front to get them. I had a feeling that the sprinter would be me since Im the fast walker of the group.
More confusion! Aren't you traveling with a young, healthy 16 year old football player? Wouldn't that make him the prime candidate to RUN to the lockers for the ponchos?
BTW - I'm lovin' your TR!!!

4/15 POFQ
4/13 POFQ
10/11 BLT
7/07 POFQ
8/85 Golf Resort
Old 10-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #1506
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Glad to see you updated, and what a great couple of updates they were! Love the pics of John with Tianna! They were so sweet! I just love her dress, and I have heard that the M&G with her is a really good one.

You got some nice pics of the parade, too bad it was raining.

You are definitely a brave woman to post those pics of yourself!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 10-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #1507
BPATSMouse
Mouseketeer

Hi Lisa,
Its been a long time since I posted, I've been catching up the past week and Just wanted to say howdy.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #1508
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPATSMouse View Post
Hi Lisa,
Its been a long time since I posted, I've been catching up the past week and Just wanted to say howdy.
Howdy! I'm glad to see ya back! Hope that you're enjoying the report so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Glad to see you updated, and what a great couple of updates they were! Love the pics of John with Tianna! They were so sweet! I just love her dress, and I have heard that the M&G with her is a really good one.

You got some nice pics of the parade, too bad it was raining.

You are definitely a brave woman to post those pics of yourself!

I don't know that I'd call myself "brave"....crazy is probably a better word to describe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaJohn View Post
Did I miss something??? The guys went shopping while the ladies ran for Fastpasses!!! Somehow that seems backwards.

More confusion! Aren't you traveling with a young, healthy 16 year old football player? Wouldn't that make him the prime candidate to RUN to the lockers for the ponchos?
BTW - I'm lovin' your TR!!!
Actually, the guys weren't doing much shopping, they were mostly just seeking shelter in case it started raining harder.

Oh Lord have mercy! If we were waiting on Hunter to get to anywhere quickly, we'd be waiting forever. He's slower than his daddy and that's BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
John's pictures with Tiana were wonderful. Of course he'd want his picture with the Louisiana princess. We don't do a lot of charcter meets either, but this year DH had heard that Doug, from Up, was at AK. It was on his list to do and so we got pictures with Doug and Russell (he wouldn't have his picture taken alone with them)

I did laugh at the pictures. It's good to have a sense of humor about yourself and those pictures are exactly why I don't take pictures on rides. I'd end up with the camera backwards, taking pictures of myself rather than whatever it was I wanted.

I don't blame the hubby for wanting pictures with the characters from UP! I love them!

The pictures were just too funny to delete and I knew that I had to share them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
Well, you already know I was waaaay behind on your TR, but I'm all caught up now!

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with the loss of two of your aunts in such a short time. My mom feels the same way you do about having a funeral. In fact, I'm pretty sure she had the exact same words - if you didn't see me when I was alive, don't come look at me when I'm dead. And Davis and I were talking about sprinkling ashes at Disney World not too long ago ourselves.

I'm glad you got out of your funk and on with your funky! I liked the "First Visit" picture of Jesus and Cinderella Castle! Loved those pics of you on BTMRR! Thanks for sharing with us! You guys are really giving Jesse the Grand Tour! Glad the rain wasn't getting you down!
Glad to hear that you're all caught up again. Hope the weather was kind to you last night. I hear there were tornado warnings all over South Arkansas.

Rain will never get us down when we are at Walt Disney World! We laugh and say "wonder why when we are at home, we run from the rain but when we are in Disney, we just keep on trucking?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedmermaid73 View Post
I love the picture of John and Tiana! Too cute!
He was dead set on seeing Tiana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great updates!!

The photopass pics with John and Tiana turned out so good!!

But...the pictures on BTMRR had me cracking up!! Too funny! So glad you shared them!!
Thank you! Weren't those pictures something else? I looked like a complete fool!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #1509
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
lol, ok I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Finally caught up with your TR!!

I love that you are finally back in the "Muthaland." The cruise sounded like it certainly wasn't for you and your family. I wish it had been, so sorry. From your TR it's taught me for sure it would not be for my family, I think I'd still like to give it a try if the price is right and the cruise is somewhere I really want to go.

I've often wondered if you were wanting to try another Moderate or resort, and I can honestly say if you tried CSR I think your mom would find it's an easy resort to navigate. Of course you'd want to stay there first before taking your Mom.
I'm sure Ms. Kat has given you the low down on CSR, if she hasn't then you should certainly talk with her. It's so pretty, and such an easy resort to get around in, much, much easier from what I could tell in your pictures of the CBR maps.

I LOVE the pics you took of yourself!! I didn't think badly of you or think they were bad at all!! I loved the last one cause you can see Jesse in the background screaming. So cute. Honestly these pics didn't even phase me except to think..."Yup! That's our Lisa! She's as silly and cute as ever!" I'm so glad you shared them.
Had we been asked, right after the cruise, whether or not we'd ever go on one again, we would have answered with a big fat NO! Now that some time has passed, I'd say it's a possibility.

We are still mulling over our resort choices. I want to make sure that Mama's happy with our decision and not just saying "It doesn't matter. You decide." She'll be 79 years old in January and we know that she won't be able to keep up with us in the parks. She likes spending time at the resort and it doesn't bother her when we go off without her. So, she needs to be comfortable with our choice.

I'm glad that you had a good laugh at the pictures! I look so crazy in them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Well, I'm all caught up… I think…

I wish I could get some Crawfish up here in the Cornfields!!!!!!!! I know Tiana was missing some!!! I would have LOVED to see that on video!

Funny picture!! Good for you sharing the good, the bad and… the… well…….
I have a confession to make. I would rather have shrimp instead of crawfish. Crawfish are too messy!

Oh yeah, you know me...share all pictures good bad and the UGLY!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #1510
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Oh my goodness Lisa! I laughed so hard at your BTMR pics...but in a good way! I am so glad that you posted the ones of yourself because you could tell that you were having such a great time. good for you girl!
I'm glad to hear that you laughed at the pictures. I thought they were hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I never would have pegged John as one to want to meet characters. How cute that he wanted to meet Tiana, and all by himself!

I LOVE that you posted those funny pictures. I think it's all the funny, quirky, weird, uncommon stuff that makes TR extra special. And yours sure is funny!
He's only gushed over two or three characters before. One being Cruella Deville, Pocahontas and Tiana.

I love the words that you used "funny, quirky, weird and uncommon" to describe my report. It makes me feel good that I'm entertaining you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
In Mickey's Philharmagic I have heard of people actually catching the jewels! Their kiddos are amazed!!

You got some wonderful parade pictures! That is one of my favorite places to stand because it isn't usually crowded!

Your beautiful self-portraits made me laugh out loud right in the middle of this annoying political debate so thanks!!!!!!
I need to hit you up for some info on driving directions home from Pigeon Forge. We may be going up for Thanksgiving but I sure as heck don't want to get stuck in traffic like we did last year. Remember that 17 hour drive from HE** that should have taken us 10 hours?

I have to admit that I'd much rather be looking at crazy pictures of myself than listening to the political debates. They can be so frustrating. The debates...not my pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
Lisa,
I haven't posted in a while - busy with school - but I've managed to keep up reading your updates. Had to take the time to post this time though! The pictures of John with Tiana were fantastic, so great that your hubby has the Disney magic in his heart Plus the pix of you on BTMRR - SO FUNNY!!! Thanks for posting them
I hope that your schooling is still going well!

Once I saw those pictures of myself, I thought "I've got to post those even if people think I'm psycho."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha I love your BTMRR photos!!!! You guys definitely know how to have an awesome time at Disney!!!
We had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Buzz Lightyear View Post
Lisa thanks for letting us get a few god laughs at your expense!!! I needed that laugh!
I'm glad that you had a good laugh over the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Oh my, that was a great update. I love that episode of Family Guy!! Your husband is so adorable in the photos with Tiana. I can't wait to ride Big Thunder Mountain..it was closed my last trip so I haven't been on it in like 17 years. -Amanda
Ooh, be sure to ride Big Thunder Mountain! It's so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I didn't know what to expect when I read your disclaimer. So I slowly scrolled down and...........................you exceeded my expectations! So glad you shared those pictures. They were awesome! I also loved the ones with John and Tiana.
I wouldn't exactly call them "awesome" but they were pretty funny! Wait, I take that back, let's call them "awesomely funny!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
Thanks you so much!

I was having a 'blah' day for some reason, but your pictures have cheered me up!!!
Glad that the pictures helped take the "blah" out of your day!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #1511
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Finally got caught up on your TR. Sorry to hear about your aunts. I too hate funerals and do not want one. I told my kids to spend the money on a trip to WDW and take me with them in a ziplock bag and leave me there. That way I know they will visit my grave!

Loving your report. I have not been on the DIS much as I have no trip planned and can not get my family to sit down and decide if we are going in Jan or not.I told them about the deals and they all say oh ok but that is it. If FD comes out I think I can twist their arms

You are lucky Jesse likes Disney too. My SIL didn't want to go (It is just an amusement park) but once he went he loves it...3 trips for him already. My grandsons, Cody will be 12 in Nov and Connor is 4, keep asking when we are going. But your TR always brightens my day...thanks!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #1512
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are still mulling over our resort choices. I want to make sure that Mama's happy with our decision and not just saying "It doesn't matter. You decide." She'll be 79 years old in January and we know that she won't be able to keep up with us in the parks. She likes spending time at the resort and it doesn't bother her when we go off without her. So, she needs to be comfortable with our choice.
Lisa, I would be willing to bet your mom would be more than comfortable and able to manage POR. I felt it was easier to navigate than CBR with regards to the food court and shops and being connected with where you arrive and depart made that portion of the trip a lot easier. Magnolia Terrace was right across the bridge from the main building and if you are in Alligator Bayou section, that could be even closer if you can get the right building. I think I walked a lot more at CBR, even being just across the way from the food court there.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 10-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #1513
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
Finally got caught up on your TR. Sorry to hear about your aunts. I too hate funerals and do not want one. I told my kids to spend the money on a trip to WDW and take me with them in a ziplock bag and leave me there. That way I know they will visit my grave!

Loving your report. I have not been on the DIS much as I have no trip planned and can not get my family to sit down and decide if we are going in Jan or not.I told them about the deals and they all say oh ok but that is it. If FD comes out I think I can twist their arms

You are lucky Jesse likes Disney too. My SIL didn't want to go (It is just an amusement park) but once he went he loves it...3 trips for him already. My grandsons, Cody will be 12 in Nov and Connor is 4, keep asking when we are going. But your TR always brightens my day...thanks!
Cremation and ziplock bags are way cheaper than funerals now-a-days! Even when you factor in the cost of a trip to WDW, it's still cheaper!

Don't you just hate it when you know there's a special offer out there just waiting for you to snap it up and the family won't commit? Ugh! My sister was like that and I kept saying, we gotta get moving if we want to take advantage of it. Hopefully, they will give you the go ahead to book a trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Lisa, I would be willing to bet your mom would be more than comfortable and able to manage POR. I felt it was easier to navigate than CBR with regards to the food court and shops and being connected with where you arrive and depart made that portion of the trip a lot easier. Magnolia Terrace was right across the bridge from the main building and if you are in Alligator Bayou section, that could be even closer if you can get the right building. I think I walked a lot more at CBR, even being just across the way from the food court there.
I keep going back and forth and back and forth. One minute, the CSR looks amazing. The next, POR look beautiful. Then, I see somebody's pictures of the CBR and I wonder if we should just keep things as they are.

I'm a little afraid that we would be a bit, for lack of a better word, familiar. The furniture in the new rooms looks a lot like what we have in our bedroom and the furniture in the AB rooms look similar to Hunter's.

What to do? What to do?

Old 10-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #1514
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I’m watching! Always watching!

I’m watching! Always watching!

After laughing like crazy at my Hannibal Lechtor picture and my screaming picture, we decided to make the walk over to Tomorrowland so that John could visit yet another one of his favorite characters. As you can see from the pictures, the skies were still dark and it looked like it could rain again any minute:

So where exactly were we headed other than just to Tomorowland? Why here of course!

John had a date with a pretty lady named Roz who’s watching, always watching!

More pictures taken in the waiting/holding area:

Each of us texted in a joke in the hope that one would be chosen and our name(s) would be used in the show. I told John that I wanted to try and sit in one of the hot spots in the theater because I really really wanted Jesse to get chosen as “that guy”. John said to lead the way into the theater because he wouldn’t know where to sit. Well, it didn’t happen that way because when the doors opened, John went with the flow of the crowd and we went all the way down to the end of the row. But, as luck would have it, Jesse was right in front of the little lamps. Yes! There was still a chance.

Soon, the show started and we were all holding our arms in the air each time someone said “Hellooooo Humans!” When Mike’s nephew came out and started telling jokes, one of Hunter’s was chosen! Woo Hoo! And, guess what!?!? Jesse was chosen to “star” in the show. Not as “that guy” but still he was on the big screen several times. He was so happy. The show was a great success!

We had dinner reservations at the Polynesian that evening and we were all feeling a bit frumpy and nasty from the heat and the rain so it was decided that we’d go back to the resort and clean up a bit. Our ADR was for Ohana and Lacey & Jesse were eating at Kona. Try as I might, there were no openings for five at Ohana for any day of our trip so they asked me to try and get them an ADR at Kona which was much easier to snag that an ADR at Ohana. I even tried a table for two at Ohana. Yeah, wasn’t happening.

We meandered down Main Street and retrieved Jesus from the locker. Apparently, I snapped a picture of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad poster under the train station:

I don’t remember that waiting long for the bus so I’m guessing it came fairly quickly and we were on our way back to the resort to freshen up.

**Up next: Who knew a knee brace could be so entertaining? And a severe case of the giggles!

Old 10-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #1515
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry, it may be that I'm just a bit loopy right now, but "retrieved Jesus from the locker" just made me almost fall on the floor.

My DH really dislikes Monster, Inc Laugh Floor, so we never go. I think it's because the last couple of times we went, we had to stand in that hallway area for ages upon ages.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: