Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
wannabemomma12
Earning My Ears

She can fly!!!! But why isn't she using her wings?? April 2013 Trip Report

Hello and welcome to my first trip report! There were many good times, bad times, funny times, lost times and much much more! We had a few surprises along the way some very great ones a matter of fact. We met many characters, princesses, princes, and great CMs! A very happy birthday was said many times to little miss Carly as we celebrated her 5th birthday as this was her present that is less than two weeks away

What: Our vacation!!!

Where: Walt Disney World at ASMu!

When: April 21st-27th, 2013

Who:

[IMG][/IMG]

This is us. My DH Timmy, DNi Carly, and myself!

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Brittany. I work from home as a daycare provider and I'm finishing up my degree in Early Childhood. I went to Disney when I was a year old and remember nothing! So this was basically a first trip for me! My favorite part of our trip was at DHS. The crowds were totally manageable no rude people. It was just great.

This is Timmy. He works at Walmart and is in school to be a Paramedic. He's been to Disney once when he was around 14 (I think). His favorite part of the trip was at Epcot. He didn't mind the crowds and loved the rides, test track, mission space, and soarin'.

[IMG][/IMG]

This is Carly. Our almost 5 year old niece. She is in preschool going on 25. She is so smart and loves all animals. She said her favorite park was Epcot because she loved Figment! She also loved Soarin' and was making me have a heart attack every time she leaned down a little to look down. She also liked test track!

Links For Updates:

PTR

Saturday April 20th:
Packing, Headed to camp! (4/28)

Sunday April 21st:

Arrival Day Part 1 (5/7)

Arrival Day Part 2 (5/7)

Monday April 22nd:

Day 1: Hollywood Studios (5/7)

First PTR First TR*Fail*

Last edited by wannabemomma12; 05-07-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
wannabemomma12
Earning My Ears

Leaving home and time to camp overnight!

In hopes in not forgetting everything I think I went through the house about 15 times praying as I walk along hope to not forget anything. My older dog, Girl knew something was going on as we had all of our luggage lined up ready to go. [IMG][/IMG]

She was following me everywhere whining.

[IMG][/IMG]

(This pic was taken on Friday before we left with Max my smaller dog too). He didn't care that we were leaving! He ignored me the whole time we were packing up and saying good bye!

We headed on to pick up my niece and say goodbye to little man Colton, her brother, who did not join us on this trip! We then got on our way and stopped at Arby's for a quick bite until we go up there to get something to eat. It was so nasty our mozzarella sticks were basically soaked in old grease. We decided to throw it out and wait until we got closer to the in laws campground. I then sat in the back painting Carly's nails.[IMG][/IMG]
As we were about an hour away from home I realized that we forgot Carly's shoes and coat because it was FREEZING that night. This became a norm for the first part of our trip all the things we forgot! We quickly stopped at Walmart and grabbed her a pair of princess shoes that were supposed to be 15.00 well they rang out for 5.00 SCORE! We then went and stopped at Skyline, YUMM, and got something to eat.

We then arrived and unloaded our van and packed our 4 suitcases and 3 carry-ons, and 3 personal bags into my MILs car. Then it was time to hit the bed where as another norm became of this trip that my niece would not sleep alone.
[IMG][/IMG]

Next morning First plane rides and DISNEY WORLD!! What else would we forget??

First PTR First TR*Fail*

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

In for your TR!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
wannabemomma12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
In for your TR!
Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

First PTR First TR*Fail*

Old 05-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
wannabemomma12
Earning My Ears

Arrival Day Part 1

6:30AM came super early when I didn't fall asleep until almost 2AM and then back and forth sleeping and away. Well I wake up and get dressed and then DH gets up and gets dressed. Then it was time to wake Carly up to move into the car since I dressed her the night before. She woke up and said is it Disney Day yet? I said yes lets go! She was to excited to go back to sleep in the car, but first pit stop was the bathroom for DH. He takes forever so we take some pictures!

[IMG][/IMG]

Then we were finally on our way to the airport. We unload our luggage and drag it all into check-in and the lady first says I got your seats all together and I was thanking god because of course this is my first time on a plane and I was freaking out! Then she asks to see my license. I said are you serious?! She said yes you need it to get though security! OMG I forgot my DL. Seriously what a horrible start! We get on the phone and I get a hold of my cousin who ever so graciously decided she would bring it to me! So we had an hour and half to kill until she brought it up so we decided we would get a bagel for breakfast since we have yet to eat.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And of course DH got to help Carly with some busy work since of course she was missing a week of school ;-)

[IMG][/IMG]

Finally I got my DL and went up to get our boarding passes and off to security we went! Went through security without a hitch and found where we were to be boarding our plane! We sat and waited and waited until finally it was that time that we got to board and we got to go after business class since we had a young child.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Of course she needs to watch Jessie so I had to buy some internet time so she could watch it on Netflix!

[IMG][/IMG]

And the plane ride went smooth with little bumps and we were in Florida!! Thank goodness we are down. We went on the monorail over and then DH went to find a bathroom while Carly and I had some picture opportunities of course!

[IMG][/IMG]

While we were still having picture opportunities DH went to go retrieve one of our luggage because we didn't realize we needed an extra until it was too late to get an extra sticker.

[IMG][/IMG]

We then went and met DH at baggage claim and headed off to the Magical Express and got all checked in and waited about 10 minutes before we departed to Disney World!! It was sprinkling, but wasn't too bad.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We then got to ASMu and went to Online check in. Of course I don't have any pictures because I was wanting to get our room and get settled and then come back. Well check-in took forever and then the CM said that she needed to call to see if they had a room ready. I was so confused as to what took so long. Well little did I know we were about to get hit with pixie dust!!!

Continue in next post..

First PTR First TR*Fail*

Last edited by wannabemomma12; 05-07-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
wannabemomma12
Earning My Ears

Talking Arrival Day Part 2

So as we wait we are all starving and DH asks what is taking so long and I told him we are waiting to see if a room is ready. Well another CM comes over and they talk for a few and then the new CM that came over, manager I assume, asked us if we would like to go over to AKL Jambo and it wouldn't cost any extra and of course we say yes! We were I think the 3rd family that they were sending over so they give us a taxi thing for a ride over and took the info to get our bags to us and we went out front and got a taxi and we were off! I was beside myself that this happened to us! We get there and we are just in awe with AKL. We meet a CM in the front and she gets us checked in. It takes such a long time because we were transferred, but finally got checked in and then I remembered that our rental stroller from Baby Wheels was at ASMu. So we went to Bell service and they assured us by the time we got back that evening from Carly's surprise we would have it! So off we went to our room 4112! We walked in and it was just amazing! We got bunk beds and a queen bed. It was so amazing then our view was of the pool and it was just so nice and quiet. Carly claimed the top bunk, yeah that didn't happen, I called the queen and DH said I'm sleeping there too ugh! He's such a bed and cover hog so we fought lol, he ended up the first night in the same bed as me. Anyways back on track, we went down and got our mugs and used our first 2 QS credits and Carly and I shared peperoni flat bread, some peanut butter cake thing and I forgot what DH got, but I do know he got the same dessert as us, but we took those back to the hotel room because we had to hurry and get ready. I showered and got dressed and Carly put on her tinkerbell dress and DH got ready. We were out and headed to the bus to MK. From there we took the monorail to Contemporary where we wasted some time in the gift shops and this is when Carly seen this ridiculously priced baby pluto with a blanket. We told her we have all week and I'm not buying it right now. So off we went to go check into Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage.

We also got our bandana's and put them on!

We then headed in and they announced that Captain Hook and Mr. Smee came out and the first part of her surprise was announced. She didn't think we would see them in Disney so when she heard they were coming out she was like O-M-G I can't believe I get to meet them! Really I do?! It was so exciting to watch her reaction. So this was are first official meet and greet of the trip!

And we got desserts!

Can't keep this girl away from ice cream ;-)

We then went out onto the boat to head to watch Wishes. It was kind of raining and blah, but it was still tons of fun! We got our first glimpse of Cinderella's Castle and we watched the fireworks.

We couldn't really see the fireworks due to all the rain clouds, but that was okay it was totally worth the money just because of the experience.

Then on the way back they did little trivia questions and of course Carly fell asleep as she never got a nap and she was exhausted. The little girl in front of us won to prizes so she offered her ball to give to Carly! It was so sweet! We got back to shore and I asked Carly if she wanted to wake up to meet peter pan of course she perked right up and was so excited to meet peter pan!!!! She has waited as this was who she wanted to meet the most. Well we decided that while Carly and I wait in line for peter pan Timmy would go back and fill our mugs for the evening before the cafe would close! So off he went and we waited and met Peter Pan.

So then once we met him we found our way back to the monorail to MK then got on the bus from MK to AKL. Carly fell asleep again on the bus, but I woke her up to make the walk once we got back to the resort. We get upstairs and unlock our door and we seen our mugs still sitting there and Timmy wasn't there. I was calling for him thinking he must of went to the bathroom Carly looked nope. Of course my phone was dead so I threw it on the charger and was praying Timmy's phone wasn't dead so I could get ahold of him. It charges enough to call him and I ask him where he's at? He says "What resort are we staying at?" I again said "Why? Where are you??" He then said "Please tell me what F***in resort are we staying at?" So I tell him "Animal Kingdom Lodge." He goes I have to call you back. I'm like wth. He never talks like that and it scared me. Well in the mean time I check our messages on the resort phone and great our stroller is down stairs! Oh yeah our luggage was in our room as well! So we run down and get that and get back up and I call Timmy and ask him where is he?? He says he's on the bus from WILDERNESS LODGE back to MK to get on a bus to AKL. I start LMAO and asked him how in the world did he get there and he said he took the wrong bus. So we waited for him to get back, and Carly falls asleep in the bottom bunk, and then DH finally gets back and we got to bed after having a few good laughs about him getting lost! I couldn't wait to tell everyone the next day because I'm an evil wife like that ;-)

Next up Day 1: Hollywood Studios!

First PTR First TR*Fail*

Old 05-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
jojosam
Mouseketeer

What a great Aunt and Uncle you are! Sounds like you had a fun trip... obviously starting out with such amazing pixie dust means the rest of the trip was magical, too! Looking forward to reading more!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
wannabemomma12
Earning My Ears

Day 1: Hollywood Studios

We had so much energy and excitement that we were ready to hit up Hollywood Studios. I sent Timmy down to get us breakfast and and fill our mugs. Carly and I split the Mickey Waffle and Timmy got the Croissant sandwich. We downed our food and Timmy got ready and we were out to the bus. We got there after the park had already opened went through bag check and into DHS. First thing we did was DH ran to get our FP for TSM while I took Carly to get her a lanyard for her buttons because she HATED them on her shirt. DH called and said there is a 5 min wait for TSM and he was going on. I said were coming, but he went ahead on then we went on without knowing where he was. We get off and meet up and Carly decided she wanted to do it again. So off we went to do it yet again. We loved that ride and had a great time! Then we seen meet and greets for Buzz and Woody, but decided to come back. We then went to explore a little bit and rode ToT. Carly freaked out before we even got started. Pretty sure it was because the little boy in front of us was crying. Anyways we got up there and she did not like it at all. She had her head buried in my lap the whole time. Then when we went to the drops she liked it, but not enough to look. So then we were finished and I went to get it added to our PP+

We then went on TSM with our FP and then grabbed some more for later. I tell you the girl loved this ride! Only Carly and I had FP because I'm guessing the time switched and so we only got 2, so while we did that DH went and The legend of Jack Sparrow. We finished be DH so we got in line for Woody and Buzz.

Carly loved it as they were so interactive and they loved her toy story shirt and were pointing out themselves!

By then we decided to move on to do a few other things before our dinner reservation and we stopped for some pictures. (These are in no certain order as my memory is kind of foggy as to when we got the pictures although the hat one was when we first got there I forgot!)

We then made our way around and found where we'd be dining later, H&V. We decided to go see Indiana Jones. I must admit that was pretty cool! We then headed back up towards the front because Carly wanted to meet Minnie and Donald and Daisy. They were going in, but Pluto and Goofy were coming out so we decided to see them.

Then it was time for our Dinner reservation so we made our way back to H&V and we had a great time. We did the fantasmic package so we got that. Of course Carly had to spill her drink soon as she got it. So we got that all cleaned up and had a great rest of the time.

Once we finished eating we decided to go see Muppet's 3D and I must admit those darn chairs were so small It was making my already started hip pain worse, but after Carly and I switched chairs I made it through! We then seen Mater and Lightening McQueen so we got in line and they were telling the 3 families in front of us that there were having problems with their PP camera and I was like Oh no DH has my camera. Well just in time they got it working when we were up there!

She then saw Phineas and Ferb and wanted to meet them so we got into line, but my knee and hip couldn't take anymore so I made DH come wait with her while I found a bench to rest. After about 15 minutes they were making their way over and I was like dang that was fast. Well it wasn't they hadn't moved from the spot when I left so they wanted to move on! Great! First stop was Pizza Planet because I needed a drink so I could take some advil to stop my aching body! Then on we went. By this time it was getting to be 6:30pm and we decided to take Carly to Honey I shrunk the kids playground. The guy told us they close at 7 so we didn't have much time. Well after about 5 minutes in there the crowd was awful. I'm such a worrier I couldn't let her play in there. It was just to many kids and twice as many parents. I told her I'm sorry, but I can't do this I couldn't keep a close enough eye on her. So after a mini meltdown we decided to head to go ride the great movie ride. That was a ton of fun! We really enjoyed it! Then we decided to head on to get in line for Fantasmic. Oh boy the lines were ridiculous as it was the first time they were trying out FPs. We got in pretty quick though and we got in the front row. Wrong wrong WRONG choice as it was sort of rainy and it was COLD!

We had a little fun though, but we were SOAKED because the wind was blowing and the water was hitting us.

After that we decided we were finished and we headed toward the exit. We had a great time although we missed a few things such as meeting Ralph

Carly of course fell asleep on the bus ride back to AKL so she didn't shower that night! DH ran down to fill up our mugs and got a peperoni flatbread that we split with peanut butter cake, but we were to full to eat that. So that makes 3 cakes sitting into our fridge plus 2 chocolate milks and 1 oj. I then showered and then DH and we headed to bed. This night Carly decided that she was kicking Timmy out of the bed and she was joining me. That's the way it happened the rest of the trip!
Next up Day 2: Magic Kingdom

First PTR First TR*Fail*

Last edited by wannabemomma12; 05-07-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: