Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #1141
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran
 
kindakrazy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,202

Okay ladies - here comes a TMI question for you

So today I went about 16kms in the freezing cold (yes, thank you - I got off my tutu and went out there in below freezing temps to run) and I when I got my gear on I forgot to change out of my cotton panties. The grandest of oops moments if ever there was one! LOL! I know better then to run in cotton anything but I had a serious blond moment apparently.

So....anyways....

Well needless to say I am missing a large amount of skin in areas I don't want to be missing large amounts of skin.

I got in the shower when I got home and thought I was going to pass out from the pain of the water hitting me.

So....long story short, I'm not wearing panties for the rest of the day (I warned you it was a tmi situation) but I'm wondering if any of you have any advice on how to heal this little issue I have going on here with great speed.

I'm in agony over here people!

And I'm also thoroughly embarrassed
__________________
Sarah

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #1142
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,822

And that would be why *I* would not run in the cold! LOL I giggled. Sorry!

Lots of petroleum jelly on the area? I really have no idea. That's my only suggestion.
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #1143
Leskash75
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 76

I have definitely learned that lesson the hard way.
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #1144
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer
 
jessicaerv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Okay ladies - here comes a TMI question for you

So today I went about 16kms in the freezing cold (yes, thank you - I got off my tutu and went out there in below freezing temps to run) and I when I got my gear on I forgot to change out of my cotton panties. The grandest of oops moments if ever there was one! LOL! I know better then to run in cotton anything but I had a serious blond moment apparently.

So....anyways....

Well needless to say I am missing a large amount of skin in areas I don't want to be missing large amounts of skin.

I got in the shower when I got home and thought I was going to pass out from the pain of the water hitting me.

So....long story short, I'm not wearing panties for the rest of the day (I warned you it was a tmi situation) but I'm wondering if any of you have any advice on how to heal this little issue I have going on here with great speed.

I'm in agony over here people!

And I'm also thoroughly embarrassed
No advice from me, but I do have this for you. Yikes!
__________________
Jessica
jessicaerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #1145
Leskash75
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 76

A&D or "butt paste" that's what called lol that has saved me during my forgetful times
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #1146
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran
 
kindakrazy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
And that would be why *I* would not run in the cold! LOL I giggled. Sorry!

Lots of petroleum jelly on the area? I really have no idea. That's my only suggestion.
No laughing at me or I'll make you ride Splash Mountain after lunch! Of course I won't be going on it but....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskash75 View Post
I have definitely learned that lesson the hard way.
Ahhh....a kindred spirit in pain. My condolences to your lady parts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
No advice from me, but I do have this for you. Yikes!
Thanks Jessica. I'll take any sympathy I can get right now.
__________________
Sarah

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #1147
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran
 
kindakrazy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskash75 View Post
A&D or "butt paste" that's what called lol that has saved me during my forgetful times
Thank you. *slinking off to the bathroom now*
__________________
Sarah

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #1148
rosermama
DIS Veteran
 
rosermama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,193

I know somewhere (maybe this is a sign of belonging to many groups/threads) that someone mentioned a great place to get Italian I think in Long Beach, what's the name of that place?
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #1149
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

I braved the 35 degree weather and went out for my long run today. I was warm everywhere BUT my knees/thighs/rear. I really was wishing for the $130 wind stopper tights I passed up a while back.

My run went well! My goal was for 11 or 12 miles...........and I went 13.4!!!!!!! Woot! I figure next weekend I'll do one last 10 miler, then nothing but small stuff until the race.

I tried a new cliff shot today...cherry chocolate. Pretty good! Also tried the free vanilla GU that came in the Cliff pack they sent. Not bad. I'm not sure what I expected, but I didn't hate it and my stomach didn't reject it. Good to know I have options.
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #1150
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama
I know somewhere (maybe this is a sign of belonging to many groups/threads) that someone mentioned a great place to get Italian I think in Long Beach, what's the name of that place?
There's an Italian place near DL that was on Diners, Drive ins, and Dives. The name is escaping me..I'll see if I can find it.
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #1151
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva

There's an Italian place near DL that was on Diners, Drive ins, and Dives. The name is escaping me..I'll see if I can find it.
Mama Cozza's. Very tasty.
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #1152
rosermama
DIS Veteran
 
rosermama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva
I braved the 35 degree weather and went out for my long run today. I was warm everywhere BUT my knees/thighs/rear. I really was wishing for the $130 wind stopper tights I passed up a while back.

My run went well! My goal was for 11 or 12 miles...........and I went 13.4!!!!!!! Woot! I figure next weekend I'll do one last 10 miler, then nothing but small stuff until the race.

I tried a new cliff shot today...cherry chocolate. Pretty good! Also tried the free vanilla GU that came in the Cliff pack they sent. Not bad. I'm not sure what I expected, but I didn't hate it and my stomach didn't reject it. Good to know I have options.
We ran today but only 4.6 miles I had no energy a good lesson in why you need to properly fuel days before running. I was detoxing for the last 2 days but 2 weeks ago after eating lots of bread and carbs I had no problem.

Anyways we tried the stinger waffle in vanilla and it was like eating a cookie. It was so good a little more chewy than I likes but good.
Had 160 calories, 7 g fat and 21 g of carbs which is different from gels. They have gels also which taste good and are organic
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:01 AM   #1153
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,822

Ha ha Sarah! I won't laugh anymore- don't make me go!!! I saw on the other thread the suggestion of coconut oil--- BRILLIANT! It totally cures everything. Hope it's helping.

This one was suggested somewhere... http://www.marrispizza.com/index.html... for pizza near DL. I think someone on this thread ate there last year? It looks yummy! They deliver to DL area too- so might be nice to have it in your room chillaxin (do people still say that?) night before the run.

Great job getting out there in the cold- I don't like cold! I braved the 30 degrees this weekend too though. Happy to have that last long long run done. I'll do 8-10 next weekend, then a 6, and call it good... bring on Tink!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #1154
kirstie101
DIS Veteran
 
kirstie101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Okay ladies - here comes a TMI question for you

So today I went about 16kms in the freezing cold (yes, thank you - I got off my tutu and went out there in below freezing temps to run) and I when I got my gear on I forgot to change out of my cotton panties. The grandest of oops moments if ever there was one! LOL! I know better then to run in cotton anything but I had a serious blond moment apparently.

So....anyways....

Well needless to say I am missing a large amount of skin in areas I don't want to be missing large amounts of skin.

I got in the shower when I got home and thought I was going to pass out from the pain of the water hitting me.

So....long story short, I'm not wearing panties for the rest of the day (I warned you it was a tmi situation) but I'm wondering if any of you have any advice on how to heal this little issue I have going on here with great speed.

I'm in agony over here people!

And I'm also thoroughly embarrassed
YIKES! That sounds absolutely horrible!!!! I have no adivce other than diaper rash cram which was already mentioned. Good luck and I hope it heals quickly! That being said, I always run in cotton panties and so far no problems!
Looks like everyone is doing great with their running! My 8 miler was scheduled for Sunday but it didn't happen cause I was with my mother in law all day long. So now its on schedule for tomorrow morning. If I do 9 this coming weekend and then 10 the weekend before Tink I think I'll be absolutely fine pushing the last three miles on race day. Got new running shoes for Christmas and my raw threads Tink shirt too so now I know what I'll be wearing on race day!
__________________




Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #1155
kirstie101
DIS Veteran
 
kirstie101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
I wonder if we're in the same general area. Its been rainy and really windy most of yesterday all today so far. I had planned to run 5 or 6 today so I'm still hoping it'll clear up this afternoon. Luckily, the clouds have helped with insulation so its not horrible cold... low 50s, I think.

I have to work at least a half day tomorrow and my FIL is flying in tomorrow evening, so not much option to reschedule the run for tomorrow.

Rain, rain, go away...... EVERYBODY WITH ME NOW!!
Jessica - I'm in Elk Grove. Where are you?
__________________




Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: