Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #346
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv

Sha-zam! Methinks I know what my commemorative item will be!!

I'm not a pin collector, and I don't wear jewelry. The most I was hoping for was maybe a car bumper magnet that had Tink flying and touching her wand on a 13.1 (still want this, if it exists). But daaaaaamn, I like those purses! Does anyone recall how much they were?

Sold out in 2 hours, you say? That makes it even more important that I get to the Expo as soon as my plane touches down on Friday morning!!!!
I haven't heard anything about these purses being sold this time. If they do the pattern will probably be different.

Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon
Wristlet - $49
Letter Carrier - $168
Medium Cindy Tote - $198
Old 07-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #347
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Ok, I've got to chime in here. I've been following along on everyone's journey just to get general workout motivation (every little bit helps right?). So thanks for that everyone! You guys are amazing!

I will also admit, I am a bit of a D&B...err...fan/collector/crazy person, including the Disney ones. That Tink D&B is freaking awesome. And I'm not even a HUGE Tink fan, but omgoodness....
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #348
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Double post.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #349
rosermama
DIS Veteran

They had purses at the Princess 1/2 marathon also from D&B. Different pattern on it for that race.

I to want a bumper magnet that says 13.1 on it hope they have some

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #350
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

I would love the magnet a wristlet would be good
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #351
Shananana
Mouseketeer

I just did it!

I ran for 45 minutes straight! Phew. Distance? 3 miles!!!

Well, at least I won't get picked up by the sweepers.

I figure I'll work on endurance first, speed second.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #352
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post

Nice job!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #353
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana

As I like to say, we are still lapping everyone on couch. Awesome job
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #354
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post

Wow, that is fantastic!

I just did my 3 miles workout. I know everyone here said it but OMG! Running on the streets is waaaaay more difficult than the treadmill!! I ditched my intervals about half way in and just brisk walked it. Total time: 1 hour 6 minutes. Not horrible, but certainly not going to keep me from the sweepers in January.

Ah well, that's why I started training in July!!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #355
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Wtg ladies! It will also get easier as the temps go down!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #356
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Went out for my first outside run/walk today, I have been running at the gym. It was nice and cool when I started out and was ALOT different than the treadmill. I actually think it was easier.

I thought my watch stopped because I thought I had been out for a long time. So I headed home. Ended up walking the last quarter mile because someones dog got loose and I wasn't comfortable running until he was back where he belonged. Not comfortable around dogs I don't know.

Well when I got home I found out my watch DID NOT stop and I really did run/walk 2.3 miles in 35 min. So I am actually faster on my own than I am on the treadmill Who knew. Now to work on spending longer time running now that I know I can do this outside.

When DH was done with his blood donation (he donates double reds every 4 months) we went out to eat and I found a really cool womens athletic apparel shop. I was able to get a running bra from moving comfort that fits really well. They also have a really cool group for women losing weight to be able to "trade in" one pair of pants, shirt and bra as you go down in size and get a 40% discount on the new ones., for each size you go down. And the trade in doesn't have to be something you bought in their store.

Now I will be able to get what I need in the correct size as I am decreasing in weight and size and not have to worry about sores for poor fit. Or spending to much money. DH spent some time scoping out new stuff for me to get.

I am enjoying reading about everyone else and how they are getting better stronger in running and distance. Keep it up girls.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #357
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Good job everyone on your running! I'm always so excited to hear about people getting into running for fitness. Event running is really addictive!

I ran in our local 5k today. 31.40. We had some brutal hills so I missed my 30 min goal, but still pretty good. I've got to say that I am a true believer now of KT Tape! Best stuff ever. I taped up my right knee that I've been having runner's knee pain in and didn't bother me a bit (even with all the hills we had!). I only wished I had taped up both knees.

I actually am one of those weird people that runs faster on the streets than on my treadmill. I think it's because I've got semilong legs and a long stride that I don't extend on the treadmill. Technically I probably shouldn't run with a long stride, but it's what feels good when I'm on the streets. I do run at a 1% incline when on my treadmill, because that's what I've read helps prepare you for street running.

Again, way to go everyone! Keep up the good work. It does a body good.
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #358
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

So, I'm spending my Saturday evening on the couch (I ran this morning so it's okay!), with the TV on in the background and I decided to Google some pictures from last year's race. I came across over 10 blogs from people who did the race last year, and the race reports varied so much, but the one thing that stayed consistent was that everybody had a lot of fun.

I noticed some bloggers talking about doing intervals during the race last year. Quick question: how common is it to run/walk/run an entire half marathon? I suppose it doesn't matter, as long as you're keeping the minimum pace (16 min/mile), right?

Also, I noticed a lot of people said that the lines to take pictures with the characters were REALLY long, and while most people decided to pass for that reason, obviously others decided to wait in those long lines. So, if people are waiting in long lines to take pictures with characters, doesn't that make your time... worse, and perhaps risk not finishing in 3:30? Or maybe the really fast runners are the ones waiting in the lines because they know they can make up for it with speed?

I guess my nerves are just getting to me. I've read a lot of people on here are already running miles within their first few weeks of training, and I'm still stuck on 1.2 miles in 18 minutes, which will probably decrease next week because the training gets harder. I just don't want to lose my motivation. I want to do well, I want to finish. Anybody else having semi-doubtful thoughts?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #359
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabieDuckie View Post
So, I'm spending my Saturday evening on the couch (I ran this morning so it's okay!), with the TV on in the background and I decided to Google some pictures from last year's race. I came across over 10 blogs from people who did the race last year, and the race reports varied so much, but the one thing that stayed consistent was that everybody had a lot of fun.

I noticed some bloggers talking about doing intervals during the race last year. Quick question: how common is it to run/walk/run an entire half marathon? I suppose it doesn't matter, as long as you're keeping the minimum pace (16 min/mile), right?

Also, I noticed a lot of people said that the lines to take pictures with the characters were REALLY long, and while most people decided to pass for that reason, obviously others decided to wait in those long lines. So, if people are waiting in long lines to take pictures with characters, doesn't that make your time... worse, and perhaps risk not finishing in 3:30? Or maybe the really fast runners are the ones waiting in the lines because they know they can make up for it with speed?

I guess my nerves are just getting to me. I've read a lot of people on here are already running miles within their first few weeks of training, and I'm still stuck on 1.2 miles in 18 minutes, which will probably decrease next week because the training gets harder. I just don't want to lose my motivation. I want to do well, I want to finish. Anybody else having semi-doubtful thoughts?
I ran my entire Tink 1/2 last year with intervals. I ran 5 and 1s. I prefer running intervals as it works with my mind. I know I have a walking break coming so I work through my running times not thinking, I think I'll walk now. I know I have to run until it's time to walk. Kind of odd, but just what works for me. I think some people (other runners) feel that interval runners aren't real runners, but pfft, I'm a runner!

I was in Corral E (last one) since it was my first distance race and the photo lines were VERY long. I never would have risked waiting. I think there were about 7+ characters. There's no way those people spent less that 3-5 minutes in line so multiply that by x# of characters and that's your add on time. I think the people in the earlier corrals might have had less waits, but not sure if that's actually true as they might just have been more inclined to wait knowing they had extra time. I've seen a lot of people comment that they don't do Disney races for times, but for fun.
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:22 AM   #360
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Very common to do intervals, especially at Disney races due to galloways method.

I did 1:1 intervals at the princess and finished in 3:24. I did stop for a couple pictures and potty breaks, and took extended walk breaks miles 7-9. Pretty much walked all of those 2 miles

It works well for me mentally also. More than physical, I needed to know I could do anything fur a minute, then get a rest of sorts. Hoping to do longer run intervals this year if possible.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: