Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #2206
mershell
Earning My Ears

Had a great time at my first Expo yesterday. I am SUPER impressed with New Balance. Well oiled machine. On the third day of the expo I still managed to get shoes! They really have it all down to a science, checking in via computer, getting a text to alert you to come to the booth. I was surprised that it wasn't just "here are your shoes, go pay". I didn't expect to be fitted and the guy took his time with me. As a first-time runner shoe buyer, I learned alot. I'm super happy with my cute Minnie Mouse shoes and am even more excited to take them out on the road to begin my training for the DL Half in August.

The rest of the expo was fun. I sat in on three seminars and met and talked with Jeff Galloway, who is super nice. I met a couple of other runners who were so encouraging. Everytime I told someone I was a newbie, their eyes lit up. You runners are really nice people

Now I just have to get registered. Wednesday can't come fast enough. I still can't get any answers from Disney on how it works if an AP wants to register a friend who's not an AP. The info boot at the Expo had no answers and I've tried three different e-mails and phone numbers, all of which have never responded. So, I guess it's just wait and see. Crossing everything we BOTH get in as we're doing this kind of as a team.

I can't wait for my first Disneyland run.
mershell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #2207
dadofnicholas
Mouseketeer

Great half-marathon today. Great atmosphere. As previously mentioned, I was a little concerned with starting in Coral F (registered late with a charity) but you know what? I had no problems moving up and through the runners - I was at the front of Coral F though. IMO, they spread out the starts just enough so I didn't get stalled anywhere.

BUT my posted time was almost an hour slower than my actual/net time! I have emailed the powers-to-be and assume that will get handled. It was a bit disappointing for a minute but I reminded myself I just finished a wonderful weekend of racing! Congrats to everyone who finished!
#1 trip: May 20-25, 2012 Disneyland - Grand Californian
#2 trip: October 13-18, 2012 Disneyland - Paradise Pier
#3 trip: September 29-October 4, 2013 Disneyland - Grand Californian (Halloween Party on October 1)
#4 trip (solo): January 16-19, 2014 Clarion Hotel (Tinkerbell Half Marathon - ran 5K, 10K, & Half-Marathon) - didn't visit parks
#5 trip: May 6-10, 2014 - Disneyland Hotel
#6 trip: Signed up for Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland Half Marathon 2014!
#7 trip: Signed up for 5K & Half Marathon at Avengers Super Heroes 2014!
#8 trip: Signed up for Rebel Challenge at Star Wars Half Marathon 2015!

Thanks to everyone for their help, suggestions, and input! I know you've answered many similar questions in the past (and I swear I do search for similar posts) so it's greatly appreciated!
dadofnicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #2208
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Now I just have to get registered. Wednesday can't come fast enough. I still can't get any answers from Disney on how it works if an AP wants to register a friend who's not an AP. The info boot at the Expo had no answers and I've tried three different e-mails and phone numbers, all of which have never responded. So, I guess it's just wait and see. Crossing everything we BOTH get in as we're doing this kind of as a team.[/QUOTE]

Unless they changed something, just use the link on the AP site to register yourself and your friend. You don't have to enter any AP info once you get to the registration page.
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #2209
edna mode
Disneyland Local

Has anyone seen the posting for AP early registration? I can't find it
edna mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #2210
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edna mode View Post
Has anyone seen the posting for AP early registration? I can't find it
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/new...ion-race-news/
Old 01-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #2211
mershell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn View Post
Now I just have to get registered. Wednesday can't come fast enough. I still can't get any answers from Disney on how it works if an AP wants to register a friend who's not an AP. The info boot at the Expo had no answers and I've tried three different e-mails and phone numbers, all of which have never responded. So, I guess it's just wait and see. Crossing everything we BOTH get in as we're doing this kind of as a team.
Unless they changed something, just use the link on the AP site to register yourself and your friend. You don't have to enter any AP info once you get to the registration page.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks
Old 01-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #2212
AmericanItGirl
Back in the land of Disney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadofnicholas View Post
Great half-marathon today. Great atmosphere. As previously mentioned, I was a little concerned with starting in Coral F (registered late with a charity) but you know what? I had no problems moving up and through the runners - I was at the front of Coral F though. IMO, they spread out the starts just enough so I didn't get stalled anywhere.
I started out in the middle of Corral F, but I experienced the same thing. Aside from the few obvious bottlenecks (going through the castle felt like waiting in line for Peter Pan's Flight), it was pretty easy to keep trotting along, although I fully took advantage of being able to run on the sidewalks of Anaheim.

"A world without fences/Where I can run free/And be with real dogs/Will bring the real dog out in me/No walls and no boundaries/Where I can be free/A world without/Walls or fences/That's exactly/Where I want to be."
AmericanItGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #2213
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

It was an incredibly emotional race for me. My friend's 3 year old daughter passed away suddenly and unexpectedly the day before, and my head wasn't in anything this weekend. She was on my mind the entire race, but she kept me going.

I am so glad I was able to take part in the race. It was a great year of preparation and rewarding to finish (my first half). I wish I was able to enjoy it a bit more, considering the circumstances, but I am still grateful for the opportunity I had.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #2214
mershell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
It was an incredibly emotional race for me. My friend's 3 year old daughter passed away suddenly and unexpectedly the day before, and my head wasn't in anything this weekend. She was on my mind the entire race, but she kept me going.

I am so glad I was able to take part in the race. It was a great year of preparation and rewarding to finish (my first half). I wish I was able to enjoy it a bit more, considering the circumstances, but I am still grateful for the opportunity I had.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. How hard that must've been. But my Mickey Ears are off to you for not only still running, but finishing. And congrats on your first half!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #2215
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post

That's so sad to hear. Glad you were able to have some good inspiration for Sunday. And congrats on finishing your 1st half!

I had a great time and loved all 3 courses. The CMs and red hat ladies were my fave on Sun; they were incredible. And the weather was beautiful too. I didn't stay in the parks too long on Sat., but I was pleasantly surprised about the lack of crowding in the parks Thur-Sat morning. I didn't stay Sun, b/c I remember it was really crazy last year, but the longest I waited in line for anything more than 15-20 min. Can't wait until next year!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #2216
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

So sorry to hear of your loss, DharmaLou. *hugs*

I did like the course change this year, going through the castle from the hub, rather than out from Fantasyland.

I had very low expectations of myself going into this race (was sick since the weekend before Christmas and hadn't trained at all in that month) and my goal was not to get picked up by the slow bus. I managed to finish in under three hours, only 1 min 5 secs slower than my personal best at Wine & Dine!

Arrived at New Balance after the "Virtual Queue" was full on Friday and wasn't able to get back after 5 or on Saturday, so my Cinderella shoes will have to wait till Princess weekend. See you real soon, runners!

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: