Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #1996
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Wow I did it! I pulled the trigger and registered for the 10K!
I'll worry about it later Guess I better schedule some back to backs into my training runs!

Kim - can you add the 10K for me?

Kirsten
kirstie101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #1997
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
I just looked again and its 99% sold out!!!! uggggg I dont know what to do! I know I want the medal though Ok...I'm gonna go for it...
WOOHOO!!!

See you at the start line!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #1998
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll worry about it later Guess I better schedule some back to backs into my training runs!

Yay! You won't regret it at all! It was so much fun and the 10km course was amazing!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 09-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #1999
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Yay! You won't regret it at all! It was so much fun and the 10km course was amazing!
I blame you and Patty And I admit that Im more exicted than scared...but the scared will definitely increase as we get closer!

Kirsten
Old 09-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #2000
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I blame you and Patty And I admit that Im more exicted than scared...but the scared will definitely increase as we get closer!
Its okay - I blame Patty for Princess, Summer for Dumbo and YOU for Nike San Francisco!

Don't be scared - just run easy on Sat...you're in the parks almost the whole time so lots of photo ops - take them. You'll be good to go for Sunday.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #2001
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Queen View Post
Just found this thread. My friend and I are running the half. This is our first time to Disneyland. We are experts in Disney World, however. So thanks for all of the information. I feel like I am lost trying to plan this trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
We are in the same boat! I'm excited to go to DL but I feel clueless in the planning!
It's really easy planning for DL. Like the pp mentioned, the parks are across from one another so it's really easy to park hop, the hotels surround the resort so no need for shuttles. You don't need dining plans at DL, and the only ADR's you really would need to make would be for Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle; and maybe Napoli's in DTD if you're carb loading just as a precaution.

Quote:
Ok so for those of you that did the 10K and the half this past weekend I have 2 questions.

1. Did it feel less special when you were running through the parks during the Half since you had just done it the day before?

2. Did you go to the parks on Saturday after the 10K?
Running some parts both days didn't feel less special. Plus if you buy the race pics or take your own it gives you 2 chances to get the best shot. I went into the DL after too for a couple of hours. When I got back to the room, I did a short ice bath, had some chocolate milk w/ pb & a bagel and like Sarah, I wore compression socks and drank a lot of water all day. Muscle-wise my legs were fine that day and the next. My problem Sun was coming off the flu combined w/ the weather.

I finally updated the list of everyone, and I think I got everybody, so if I missed you or a race, let me know and I'll update it again.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #2002
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Its okay - I blame Patty for Princess, Summer for Dumbo and YOU for Nike San Francisco!

Don't be scared - just run easy on Sat...you're in the parks almost the whole time so lots of photo ops - take them. You'll be good to go for Sunday.
Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy. You'll love it.

I loved the 10k course!!!!! Loved. It.

I didn't go parks after 10k though. I was worried about my feet due to the temps I get blisters easily.

But I can't wait for tink now!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #2003
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2

Hehe we are a bad group of race pushers aren't we?

Kirsten
Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #2004
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA, Sucker!!!!

Amazing what that % Sold Ticker will do to us RD addicts. I felt the same way with the 1/2, even though I had already decided to run only the 5 and 10. Thank goodness it sold out so darn quick, I was put out of my misery!!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #2005
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hehe we are a bad group of race pushers aren't we?
You really are!

You guys all need to come up here next Aug and do the SeaWheeze with me!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #2006
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok so for those of you that did the 10K and the half this past weekend I have 2 questions.

1. Did it feel less special when you were running through the parks during the Half since you had just done it the day before?

2. Did you go to the parks on Saturday after the 10K?

DD has the kids races on Saturday at 10 and I know we'll be going to the parks after that. I'm just concerned it will be "too much" to do the 10K, park during the day and then run the half the next morning.
1. Not at all! It was still absolutely awesome, although getting as many miles as we did in the parks for the 10K and then barely getting any for the half was a bit of a bummer.

2. Nope! I went back home and napped and stretched all day. If I was visiting and not local I probably would have.

Quote:
I did the same thing this past weekend Jessica. There is no way I was prepared for that heat and humidity so I took it seriously slow and stopped at every picture stop along the way. I usually run straight through on a half but I walked as much as I ran this time because I was over heating so badly. That was a tough weekend weather wise. Tink will be perfect for back to back races!
Glad it wasn't just me! Originally I wanted to try and PR this time around, but I'm glad everything worked out the way it did. That's what January is for from here on out.

Blogging about life and Disney
Live Well - Laugh Often - Run Disney

Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #2007
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA, Sucker!!!!

Amazing what that % Sold Ticker will do to us RD addicts. I felt the same way with the 1/2, even though I had already decided to run only the 5 and 10. Thank goodness it sold out so darn quick, I was put out of my misery!!!!!
You'll just have to do the half next year then!

Sarah - tell me more about seawheeze...when is it?

Kirsten
Old 09-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #2008
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You'll just have to do the half next year then!

Sarah - tell me more about seawheeze...when is it?

SeaWheeze is the Lululemon half here in Vancouver and it is incredible! Its the most beautiful course ever and the swag is great. Its in August but registration will open in January probably and it sells out quickly. Its a whole weekend event in the city complete with concert, beer garden, party in Stanley Park the night of the race. There is yoga all over the city all weekend, they'll do your hair even for you! You get a wrist band at packet pickup and that's your admission ticket for everything all weekend long.

All my running buddies need to come up here for it!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #2009
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
SeaWheeze is the Lululemon half here in Vancouver and it is incredible! Its the most beautiful course ever and the swag is great. Its in August but registration will open in January probably and it sells out quickly. Its a whole weekend event in the city complete with concert, beer garden, party in Stanley Park the night of the race. There is yoga all over the city all weekend, they'll do your hair even for you! You get a wrist band at packet pickup and that's your admission ticket for everything all weekend long.

That sounds amazing, and the view from the high points in Vancouver?! Breathtaking!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #2010
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
That sounds amazing, and the view from the high points in Vancouver?! Breathtaking!
I totally agree. It sounds beautiful! I'm gonna have to look into it a bit. DH and I have always wanted to go to Vancouver. Too bad it wont be hockey season though. I'd love to go to a game in Canada!

Kirsten

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: