Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #1981
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

Just signed up for the 5k yesterday, staying at the Holiday Inn on Walnut next to the parking garage.

I haven't ran a 5k since High School (20 years ago) and I've never been to DL so I'm making a weekend of it.

Viva Las Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #1982
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I tried to book a room at ANY of the three Disney hotels for just before the race (two adults and two kids) for the night and I had no luck. If you are looking for a room for less people you might be in luck but I tried over a week ago and the Disney website showed no rooms available for four. I already have accommodation booked anyway but thought I could treat us to an onside for the night before the race.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Did you go directly through Disney or did you try through Get Travel? I think you'd have more luck with Get Travel because I think they have a block of rooms set aside for their use for the weekend.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #1983
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Did you go directly through Disney or did you try through Get Travel? I think you'd have more luck with Get Travel because I think they have a block of rooms set aside for their use for the weekend.
I'd definitely go thru GetTravel. I just booked our room at PPH yesterday.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #1984
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

The 10K is at 92% full! Why is it soooo hard to resist the urge to panic and register for it???? I know I dont need to run a 10K the morning before the half!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #1985
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post

I tried to book a room at ANY of the three Disney hotels for just before the race (two adults and two kids) for the night and I had no luck. If you are looking for a room for less people you might be in luck but I tried over a week ago and the Disney website showed no rooms available for four. I already have accommodation booked anyway but thought I could treat us to an onside for the night before the race.

Eek! I will check tonight when I get home.

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Shunasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #1986
honeylove
Mouseketeer

Signed up for the Tink 1/2 at the expo this past weekend after running my 10k. Have mercy! We are staying at the Grand California, I really wish DVC would have more space for DLH, as I know I know I will need piggybacking after the race.

honeylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #1987
Eeyore's Queen
Mouseketeer

Just found this thread. My friend and I are running the half. This is our first time to Disneyland. We are experts in Disney World, however. So thanks for all of the information. I feel like I am lost trying to plan this trip.

1/2013 All Start Sports-Marathon Weekend
12/2010 Port Orleans Riverside
7/2009 Port Orleans Riverside
2/2008 Pop Century
7/2007 Port Orleans Riverside
6/2006 Contemporary
1980-2005 Too Many To Count

Eeyore's Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #1988
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Queen View Post
Just found this thread. My friend and I are running the half. This is our first time to Disneyland. We are experts in Disney World, however. So thanks for all of the information. I feel like I am lost trying to plan this trip.
We are in the same boat! I'm excited to go to DL
but I feel clueless in the planning!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #1989
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

I don't think DLR planning is as extensive as WDW planning.

From what I have been told/read the dining plan out here is very different than in FL. Very few places needs dining reservations.

Park Hoppers are a must out here. The parks are right across from each other, maybe a 3-4 minute walk. We are very compact out here.

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Shunasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #1990
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
The 10K is at 92% full! Why is it soooo hard to resist the urge to panic and register for it???? I know I dont need to run a 10K the morning before the half!

DO it!

I'm doing the 10km and the half. Just did it at Dumbo and as long as its not that hot and humid it will be fine. I really hope the 10km course is the same because it was awesome! Almost the whole thing was in the parks/backstage. Love, love, loved it!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #1991
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Now that I've gotten Dumbo under my belt I'm excited to try and push harder for the Tink 10K/Half. I took it easy just to make sure I could finish and because of the heat this past weekend, and January should be a heck of a lot better!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #1992
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Now that I've gotten Dumbo under my belt I'm excited to try and push harder for the Tink 10K/Half. I took it easy just to make sure I could finish and because of the heat this past weekend, and January should be a heck of a lot better!

I did the same thing this past weekend Jessica. There is no way I was prepared for that heat and humidity so I took it seriously slow and stopped at every picture stop along the way. I usually run straight through on a half but I walked as much as I ran this time because I was over heating so badly. That was a tough weekend weather wise. Tink will be perfect for back to back races!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 09-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #1993
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Ok so for those of you that did the 10K and the half this past weekend I have 2 questions.

1. Did it feel less special when you were running through the parks during the Half since you had just done it the day before?

2. Did you go to the parks on Saturday after the 10K?

DD has the kids races on Saturday at 10 and I know we'll be going to the parks after that. I'm just concerned it will be "too much" to do the 10K, park during the day and then run the half the next morning.

Kirsten
Old 09-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #1994
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Ok so for those of you that did the 10K and the half this past weekend I have 2 questions.

1. Did it feel less special when you were running through the parks during the Half since you had just done it the day before?

2. Did you go to the parks on Saturday after the 10K?

DD has the kids races on Saturday at 10 and I know we'll be going to the parks after that. I'm just concerned it will be "too much" to do the 10K, park during the day and then run the half the next morning.

Not at all less special. I figure I'd be in the parks the day before anyways so its not like I wouldn't have seen the park or the castle. If anything it was more exciting, kind of like riding your favourite ride twice in a row!

I did go to the parks Sat after the 10km. I tried to keep the constant crossing the parks to a minimum though - tried to do all of one area before moving along, etc. I took it slow, wore compression socks and drank lots of water. Turned in early that night. It was totally doable, just didn't go crazy on the Sat.

You can do this! Not that I'd try to influence you or anything.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #1995
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Not at all less special. I figure I'd be in the parks the day before anyways so its not like I wouldn't have seen the park or the castle. If anything it was more exciting, kind of like riding your favourite ride twice in a row!

I did go to the parks Sat after the 10km. I tried to keep the constant crossing the parks to a minimum though - tried to do all of one area before moving along, etc. I took it slow, wore compression socks and drank lots of water. Turned in early that night. It was totally doable, just didn't go crazy on the Sat.

You can do this! Not that I'd try to influence you or anything.
I just looked again and its 99% sold out!!!! uggggg I dont know what to do! I know I want the medal though Ok...I'm gonna go for it...

Kirsten

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: