Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #1966
lisachrystine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
Those of you who have experience with GetTravel - what I am understanding from the e-mail I received from Bill is that for each night you spend at a DLR hotel, you get $25 towards your theme park tickets so long as the balance is paid by 12/18. So if we spend 3 nights, we'd get $75 off our theme park tickets - is this the GetTravel promo rate, or full price? I know he is super busy this week leaving for DLR so I figured I'd ask here rather than pester him.
I understood it that you got an additional $25 off your (already discounted) tickets if you stayed three or more nights. We are staying two nights, so I assumed we wouldn't get any discount other than the special pricing. I'm curious to see what others have to say. I'd be thrilled if I read that wrong!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #1967
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

This is the exact wording of his e-mail:

*If you book and pay in full for 3 or more nights at one of the Disney Hotels (by our 12/18 final payment date), you will receive a $25 per night credit to be used towards the purchase of discounted theme park tickets. The credit will not exceed the total cost of the tickets and is only good towards the purchase of tickets.
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #1968
lisachrystine
Mouseketeer

It looks like you're right (but it still doesn't help me - boo!). I think that means you get an additional $75 total off your discounted ticket order.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #1969
Run princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
Those of you who have experience with GetTravel - what I am understanding from the e-mail I received from Bill is that for each night you spend at a DLR hotel, you get $25 towards your theme park tickets so long as the balance is paid by 12/18. So if we spend 3 nights, we'd get $75 off our theme park tickets - is this the GetTravel promo rate, or full price? I know he is super busy this week leaving for DLR so I figured I'd ask here rather than pester him.
I heard it a little different. We got 25$ off per person as long as you were staying 3 nights. So not 25$ per night per person, just 25$ per person.
Dopey 2015
Run princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #1970
WestCoastMama
Mouseketeer

Howdy all! I'm super late to this party! Happy to find this thread. First timer here, doing the half. Looking forward to catching up on all the good stuff...sparkle skirts, hotels, corrals, chaffing! ;-) Still haven't booked my hotel [insert scary face]. Trying to figure out if it's worth the $ to stay on property or find a cheaper place off. Any advice is welcome and appreciated! :D

Aulani Resort 10/2012
Disneyland Hotel 12/2011
Wonder Mexican Riviera 10/2011
WDW Port Orleans December 2010
Disneyland Resort Countless Times
WDW Caribbean Resort August 1992
WestCoastMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #1971
Run princess
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how long before the race the Dooney and Burke designs come out? The first princess I ran you couldn't reserve them and they all sold out. Second princess I didn't like the design and the Marathon I also didn't like the design. Hoping to score my first race Dooney!
Run princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #1972
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastMama View Post
Howdy all! I'm super late to this party! Happy to find this thread. First timer here, doing the half. Looking forward to catching up on all the good stuff...sparkle skirts, hotels, corrals, chaffing! ;-) Still haven't booked my hotel [insert scary face]. Trying to figure out if it's worth the $ to stay on property or find a cheaper place off. Any advice is welcome and appreciated! :D
Hi! As for hotels, it's all really a personal preference. B/c it's DL, almost all of the hotels are easily accessible and not a long walk to the race area. If you stay on-site, the expo is at the DLH, but the finish line and staging area are the parking lot area around PP. I'd say Stovall's is a good choice, b/c it's right across from PP, but I heard it might be sold out already, but double check there. Anywhere along Katella/Harbor are good choices. HoJos is offering a discount for runners, but not sure what the code for that is so if you want to stay there I'd give them a call.

You're gonna have a blast! It's so much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run princess View Post
Does anyone know how long before the race the Dooney and Burke designs come out? The first princess I ran you couldn't reserve them and they all sold out. Second princess I didn't like the design and the Marathon I also didn't like the design. Hoping to score my first race Dooney!
The past 2 years I think it's been a purple background w/ Tinks all over it and the race logo as a charm on the bag. I don't remember when they released the image this past year, but I do remember you could pre order this year, last year you couldn't. I'd keep an eye out on the threads and the disney parks blog on and off throughout the end of the year. If I remember correctly, you preordered them through Active.com

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #1973
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm gonna agree with Kim and say that staying on or off site is just a personal preference. I dont think you need to stay onsite. There are tons of hotels that are half the price and within walking distance to the start line. But that being said, if you have the extra money I think it would be pretty nice to stay at PPH and just walk out the door and be at the start line! I personally will be staying at Hojo again this year for about half of what PPH would cost. Maybe next year I'll have a bigger budget for PPH or DLH but Hojo is fine for us this year.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #1974
WestCoastMama
Mouseketeer

Thank you kim3339 & kirstie101 for your suggestions/advice and welcome! I have a lot to consider. :D

What are everyone's thoughts on the Pasta Party? A must or pass?

Aulani Resort 10/2012
Disneyland Hotel 12/2011
Wonder Mexican Riviera 10/2011
WDW Port Orleans December 2010
Disneyland Resort Countless Times
WDW Caribbean Resort August 1992
WestCoastMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #1975
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you kim3339 & kirstie101 for your suggestions/advice and welcome! I have a lot to consider. :D

What are everyone's thoughts on the Pasta Party? A must or pass?
I've never been to Tinks pasta party but there is a really good local Italian restaurant five minutes from the parks called Carolina's if you want to pass on the party. Local friend introduced me when we were here for D23 it was so good we went three night back to back. We have to yet to have anything bad. Neither has my friends family and they go there all the time. The place has huge portions more than enough to carbo load on and tiramisu I actually will eat (I don't like anything coffe flavored so thats high praise). We originally had pasta party tickets for the Disneyland Half Pasta Party we've decided not to use them and instead go to this place.

On a side note thanks to the Get Travel registration at the expo I am now in for Tink. 3 years and counting!

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
StarGirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #1976
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post

I've never been to Tinks pasta party but there is a really good local Italian restaurant five minutes from the parks called Carolina's if you want to pass on the party. Local friend introduced me when we were here for D23 it was so good we went three night back to back. We have to yet to have anything bad. Neither has my friends family and they go there all the time. The place has huge portions more than enough to carbo load on and tiramisu I actually will eat (I don't like anything coffe flavored so thats high praise). We originally had pasta party tickets for the Disneyland Half Pasta Party we've decided not to use them and instead go to this place.

On a side note thanks to the Get Travel registration at the expo I am now in for Tink. 3 years and counting!
Thanks for the suggestion of Carolina's even if wasn't aimed at me. I love Italian food and have a renewed love of tiramisu thanks to a friend of mine who is a chef (I had a dreadful one once that made me vow never again) I shall google it and add it to my list of places to try in January.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #1977
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Cross-posted from WISH thread:

Bought my plane tickets this morning! Super excited. Should I feel guilty about having 4 full days at DLR BY MYSELF? Nah.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #1978
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

Good Afternoon!

I am late to this party. Decided I was not able to even think about Tink till I was done with DDD. Which is now thankfully over.

The DBF is running Tink with me and this will be his first 1/2. We have done several 5K's together and Tink should be a good first for him.

Trying to decide if we should stay on property. We are local, so it is no big deal to drive over, but I am looking for almost any excuse to stay at DLH

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Shunasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #1979
cruisindisney
Mouseketeer

My friends and I are doing the pasta party basicly because this is my first 1/2 and I want to experience it all. I debated it because of the cost and then my bff's told me to stop it and just go for it. It's my first 1/2 and I needed to enjoy everything. So I'm dragging them along with me to enjoy the festivities. I have the best friends!

All Star Sports-Expedition Everest 5K May 2013/Caribbean Beach November 2012/Pop October 2011/Disney Cruise Mexican Riviera-Disneyland May 2011/Paradise Pier May 2010/POP Jan 2009/ASMovies May 2008/Disney Cruise May 2008/POP Feb 2005
cruisindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #1980
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunasee View Post
Good Afternoon!

I am late to this party. Decided I was not able to even think about Tink till I was done with DDD. Which is now thankfully over.

The DBF is running Tink with me and this will be his first 1/2. We have done several 5K's together and Tink should be a good first for him.

Trying to decide if we should stay on property. We are local, so it is no big deal to drive over, but I am looking for almost any excuse to stay at DLH
I tried to book a room at ANY of the three Disney hotels for just before the race (two adults and two kids) for the night and I had no luck. If you are looking for a room for less people you might be in luck but I tried over a week ago and the Disney website showed no rooms available for four. I already have accommodation booked anyway but thought I could treat us to an onside for the night before the race.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: