Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #1906
bohemian21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Oh, and did I mention the pockets? The big, beautiful pockets?!!! Seriously in love with my Sparkle Skirts!
Pockets! I'm sold. I freak out when my running gear has no pockets.

Past:
Off-site: 1996; 1998; 2003
All-Star Sports Feb 2012 (engaged!)
CSR Jan 2013 (Marathon Weekend: ran the half!)
AoA/POR Nov 2013 (DFTW + Honeymoon! and Wine & Dine Half!)
CBR Jan 2014 (Marathon Weekend: 10k)
All-Star Music/All-Star Sports Feb 2014 (Princess Weekend: Glass Slipper Challenge!)

Upcoming:
CBR/?? Nov 2014 (Anniversary + Wine & Dine Half)
Jan 2015 (Marathon Weekend: Half)
Feb 2015 (Princess Weekend: Glass Slipper Challenge)
bohemian21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #1907
Davidg83
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemian21 View Post
Pockets! I'm sold. I freak out when my running gear has no pockets.
It should be illegal to make running gear without pockets!

Upcoming: Dumbo Double Dare 2014, Avengers Half 2014, WDW Marathon 2015, Rebel Challenge 2015, Pixie Dust Challenge 2015

Davidg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #1908
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debdreamsofdis View Post
oh wow. I did not realize there was a thread here for the Tinkerbell weekend (makes perfect sense now that I think about it, lol.) I will be doing the 10K this year, my first runDisney event. Excited, but a little nervous.

I have 127 pages to catch up on here. This may take me a while.
Added you to the list! And welcome to the group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I love tink weekend so much! Just had to shout that out!

Disneyland has become my sentimental favorite. I can't wait to train and race with you all!
Ahhh... look at you getting all mushy!!

So it's official, I am a sucker! I caved and registered for the 5k too. I know I shouldn't have, but I've run it for the past 2 years, and it is my favorite of the run Disney events, love how it's all in the park. Even though I know they don't legacy 5ks, it would drive me crazy. Oh well, we'll see how it goes for the future.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #1909
keds
Earning My Ears

Smile

Hello! This is my first post as I just found this site and board. Went to Disneyland for the first time this spring. Had such a great time I am signed up for the Tinkerbell 10 k. I work out a lot (step classes, dance classes, yoga) but havent run in ages. This gives me a new goal and I am so excited!! Also excited about maybe buying a sparkle skirt!
keds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #1910
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

So what training programs are you all following?

I have a half in October so I'm loosely following Jeff Galloways rec and adding 1.5 miles to my long run every 2 weeks. A few three milers during the week and some cross training mainly on the bike.

In August I start coaching DD6's soccer team so that will be 2 practices a week I can call cross training hahaha But it also means less bike time.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #1911
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keds View Post
Hello! This is my first post as I just found this site and board. Went to Disneyland for the first time this spring. Had such a great time I am signed up for the Tinkerbell 10 k. I work out a lot (step classes, dance classes, yoga) but havent run in ages. This gives me a new goal and I am so excited!! Also excited about maybe buying a sparkle skirt!
Welcome to the club!! I added you to the list.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #1912
keds
Earning My Ears

Red face

Thank you!! I'm thinking of doing the 5k as well.

I have a running question--if this isn't a good place to ask it, I'll ask elsewhere.
I downloaded "map my walk", does anyone know if is it accurate for distance? Not too concerned with anything else, just want to know how far I am going in what time. Thanks again!
keds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #1913
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keds View Post
Thank you!! I'm thinking of doing the 5k as well.

I have a running question--if this isn't a good place to ask it, I'll ask elsewhere.
I downloaded "map my walk", does anyone know if is it accurate for distance? Not too concerned with anything else, just want to know how far I am going in what time. Thanks again!
I think its fairly accurate. I've done the same route with map my walk, Nike + and my garmin and all come within .25 of each other I've found.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #1914
AB6876
Mouseketeer

This has probably been addressed before, but I could not find it easily.. I will probably be traveling alone for the races. Right now I am signed up for the 10k and the half. I am also doing to dopey in Walt Disney World the weekend before. That said, I am using DVC points for the room. I booked Thursday and Friday night in the villas and Saturday and Sunday I have to convert my points to Disney collection. I checked availability and I can get any of the three hotels.. That said where should I stay?. Should I stay the the GC, or should I try out paradise pier or the DLH? Is it going to be a pain to move from one hotel to the other? Thoughts? I have never been to Disneyland so this is all new to me.. I was thinking paradise pier because the half starts in the parking lot? Is this correct? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AB6876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #1915
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB6876 View Post
This has probably been addressed before, but I could not find it easily.. I will probably be traveling alone for the races. Right now I am signed up for the 10k and the half. I am also doing to dopey in Walt Disney World the weekend before. That said, I am using DVC points for the room. I booked Thursday and Friday night in the villas and Saturday and Sunday I have to convert my points to Disney collection. I checked availability and I can get any of the three hotels.. That said where should I stay?. Should I stay the the GC, or should I try out paradise pier or the DLH? Is it going to be a pain to move from one hotel to the other? Thoughts? I have never been to Disneyland so this is all new to me.. I was thinking paradise pier because the half starts in the parking lot? Is this correct? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The start is on the road in front of Paradise Pier, at the underpass of DTD, and the staging area/finish line is in the PPH parking lot. But that being said, if you stay Sat/Sun at the GC and exit the lobby to the road, you'll be right at the corals and ready for the start. It's just as easy as PPH and if you usually do bag drops, you really wouldn't even need to. And after you finish and get funneled around the back of PPH you can just cross the street back to GC. The expo will be at the DL Hotel which is at the end of DTD and if you stay there, you would just go through the side parking lot out to the road and back. So any of the 3 work well, it's all just a matter of preference.

I've moved once b/w the BW and DLH but we had a car so it wasn't that hard. And if you go from GC to PPH like the race, you would just exit the lobby and cross the street, it would all depend on how much luggage you have. Are you going home b/w WDW and DL or just straight to DL?

As far as relation to the parks, GC is closest and has it's own entrance into DCA. DLH is at the end of DTD, but close to the monorail and takes you straight into DL and specifically Tomorrowland. But it's different from WDW in that there's only those 2 stops ~ DTD and Tomorrowland. It's also where the expo will be, but since you'll already have your stuff from Fri, not a big deal. PPH is the furthest from the parks, but where all the race stuff is. We don't know what's going on w/ the 10k course yet, but if it's like DDD, the start and finish will probably be the same as the 1/2 b/c of the timing mats, but we won't know until later.

Personally, I really like the GC. I've never stayed in the DVC villas, but the decor is really pretty ~ it's all craftsman style, it's gorgeous. PPH is beachy and surfy. DLH is the original and classic so it's always special, each of the 3 towers has their own theme ~ fantasyland or Adventureland etc. There's also a lot of memorabillia in the lobby area.

And the biggest plus in the world for you, especially after Dopey, is that no matter which hotel you end up at, getting to the race is soooo much easier than the staging area/starting line walk in WDW.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #1916
AB6876
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post

The start is on the road in front of Paradise Pier, at the underpass of DTD, and the staging area/finish line is in the PPH parking lot. But that being said, if you stay Sat/Sun at the GC and exit the lobby to the road, you'll be right at the corals and ready for the start. It's just as easy as PPH and if you usually do bag drops, you really wouldn't even need to. And after you finish and get funneled around the back of PPH you can just cross the street back to GC. The expo will be at the DL Hotel which is at the end of DTD and if you stay there, you would just go through the side parking lot out to the road and back. So any of the 3 work well, it's all just a matter of preference.

I've moved once b/w the BW and DLH but we had a car so it wasn't that hard. And if you go from GC to PPH like the race, you would just exit the lobby and cross the street, it would all depend on how much luggage you have. Are you going home b/w WDW and DL or just straight to DL?

As far as relation to the parks, GC is closest and has it's own entrance into DCA. DLH is at the end of DTD, but close to the monorail and takes you straight into DL and specifically Tomorrowland. But it's different from WDW in that there's only those 2 stops ~ DTD and Tomorrowland. It's also where the expo will be, but since you'll already have your stuff from Fri, not a big deal. PPH is the furthest from the parks, but where all the race stuff is. We don't know what's going on w/ the 10k course yet, but if it's like DDD, the start and finish will probably be the same as the 1/2 b/c of the timing mats, but we won't know until later.

Personally, I really like the GC. I've never stayed in the DVC villas, but the decor is really pretty ~ it's all craftsman style, it's gorgeous. PPH is beachy and surfy. DLH is the original and classic so it's always special, each of the 3 towers has their own theme ~ fantasyland or Adventureland etc. There's also a lot of memorabillia in the lobby area.

And the biggest plus in the world for you, especially after Dopey, is that no matter which hotel you end up at, getting to the race is soooo much easier than the staging area/starting line walk in WDW.
Thank you so much for all the information.. That is exactly what I was looking for. I will be coming home for a couple days and then heading out to California. I am leaning towards staying at the GC.. I am thinking I will be tired so I probably want to keep things simple..

Old 07-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #1917
AB6876
Mouseketeer

Yay I am all booked.. 2 nights in the villas at the GC and 2 nights a woods or courtyard view the GC.. I was going solo but I think I convinced my cousin in LA to come up for a few nights to hang out at Disneyland..
Really starting to look forward to this race!

Old 07-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #1918
cruisindisney
Mouseketeer

Just booked our hotel! We are splurging and staying at the Disneyland Hotel. This is going to be such a great Girls Weekend!

Now if only my sciatic nerve would stop hurting so I can get back to training. I went to the doctor and she told me we would get this taken care off before the race. My problem is that I have the 10K in less than 2 months so that I can get a good corral placement at Tink.

Plus I am depressed because I'm not running. Who would have thought that I would be depressed because I wasn't working out enough. This is just so weird for me.

All Star Sports-Expedition Everest 5K May 2013/Caribbean Beach November 2012/Pop October 2011/Disney Cruise Mexican Riviera-Disneyland May 2011/Paradise Pier May 2010/POP Jan 2009/ASMovies May 2008/Disney Cruise May 2008/POP Feb 2005
cruisindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #1919
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
So what training programs are you all following?

I have a half in October so I'm loosely following Jeff Galloways rec and adding 1.5 miles to my long run every 2 weeks. A few three milers during the week and some cross training mainly on the bike.

In August I start coaching DD6's soccer team so that will be 2 practices a week I can call cross training hahaha But it also means less bike time.
I'm also doing Galloway
Old 07-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #1920
FlowersCroon
Permanecer sentados, por favor.

Tink Half and 10K

See you all there!!!

Runner, writer, curator of fabulous things. Mom of an amazing teenage daughter. Friend to all.

I blog about life, parenting, Disneyland, love, music, travel & everything in between at www.FlowersCroon.com

www.twitter.com/iRunDisney
http://instagram.com/irundisney
FlowersCroon is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: