Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #961
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Kathy, sorry I haven't been around much lately. Work hours and life have been insane, but hopefully will slow up soon at least for a little while. I wasn't completely absent as I was able to keep up at least using the DIS app on my phone, but it is too much of a pain to try and do replies that way, especially trying to multi-quote. Just know you are never far from my thoughts and love, even though it may seem that way at times........

No worries; I've been having a hard time keeping up myself. And I hate trying to respond on my Iphone...pain in the neck.

It is really hard to believe how time can pass so quickly, and the memories we still hold so precious about those near and dear to us! It is hard to believe it has already been two years since my Mom passed away. Please know I was and am sending out hugs to you during the good times, and the sad times too!

Hugs to you too, my friend.

Well, you ARE standing beside Dan, so you can't look too bad...........

Now that wasn't very nice...especially after we spoke so highly of you.

Always the thoughtful one!!!

I love kids...what can I say?

You need to get on the ball and get another trip in the works so you can fix that..............

I'll second that.

I'm guessing a common reaction when meeting Kathy for the first time..................

I'm betting a look Mark is very familiar with...........
You are pushing it my friend.

One and a Half Sweeties!!!

(sorry Kathy, you didn't think I would give YOU full credit, did you???)
Okay, that makes up for previous statements...but just a little bit.

Hopefully you will still say that after I finally get my turn to meet the increasingly popular Ms. Kath-ay!!!

Yeah, when is that going to happen, Marv?

It's nice to be loved! Uh, that IS love I'm feeling isn't it???

Absolutely!

Looks like Mom has had an influence on at least some of the decor!!!

Had nothing to do with that...all theirs (it's their favorite movie)

I tawt I taw a puddy tat!!!

Now that was funny.

Awwww, how sweet! Great Picture!!!

Thank you.

What wonderful news!!! So happy for Princess Juliana, and the rest of the family!
This news made my year!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #962
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Kathy! I am so glad I went back several days to catch up or I;d have missed so much wonderful news!

First, the best news of all is Princess Juliana being cancer free!!! Happy tears!

LOVE the pics of the Chicago Meet - you all look so good...and the munchkins are adorable!

Did I see you ordered a dress for the wedding? Did I miss a photo of it? Congrats and I've no doubt you will be beautiful - only the bride will be lovelier.

You've been in my thoughts...your dad and Toby share a date...I am sorry I didn't post here or on FB.

The kids house is so cute..and I love that they have a finished basement (basements are unheard of around here).

The Engagement Party invitations are perfect! They are just the cutest couple.... you'll be on such a high from Disney and getting ready for the party that you'll not notice the exhaustion until it's all over...then I hope you can catch your breath...although you will have a very special trip to look forward to in December! What an incredible time it will be for Romeo! Bless your heart..and Nicki's ...for making it so special (as well as the engagement party!)!

Going back to read some more...Mia is on vacation this week, so I actually have some real DIS time and can catch up! Can you believe Sophia will be 4 this weekend! She is having her Party at a School of Dance...then preschool on Wed and next Saturday she begins pre-ballet...where have the years gone? Hoping to get her to WDW next year! Fingers crossed...no one to take care of the pups and we will not board them, so we'll need some magic to make it happen!

Off to read....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #963
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is absolutely wonderful news!
It's THE best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Awesome news for Juliana and her family!

Love the new house photos, thanks for sharing!

Only 19 days??? Can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks for celebrating with us.

Down to 17 days down (and only 9-1/2 days of work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like a great new house! Nice work on the move-in.

That is awesome news!
It's a great starter house for the two of them. And they did awesome putting it together.

Juliana is a very special princess and I'm so glad for the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
WOOT WOOT That is such great news for the family! It made my day and I don't even know them!
Suzi, they are a wonderful family (that's nice -- Tim, the dad) posts here on occasion. Here is his beautiful Princess:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
awesome news on five years cancer free way to go little princess (and family of course)

Definitely worth these:

okay ill book a trip just so i can write a TR for you

Yes, Dan, I think you should.

she always has expresions like that, i think she is going to be a bigger clown that parker.

Oh, I can definitely see that!

notice how she is avoiding you and hasnt met you yet.

Brutal, just brutal.

yep only nice things were said about you my friend.
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #964
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
looks like Markie and Alisha are settling in great! Markie must be very happy with his "man cave"

such wonderful news about our Princess Ana

only 19 more days, you must be getting very excited
Yes, the man cave is a hit with all.

Isn't it just the best news about Ana?

17 and counting (I just wish it would hurry up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
LOVE the new house...the kids look so happy!!

I can't believe your trip is so soon, we get there shortly after I can't even believe how the time has flown by!!

And WOOOOO HOOOOO for the awesome news for the little princess, that is just wonderful to hear!!
And this all means your wedding is getting closer and closer. Are you excited? Ready?

again for Princess Ana.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #965
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Kathy! I am so glad I went back several days to catch up or I;d have missed so much wonderful news!

Hi, Christine.

First, the best news of all is Princess Juliana being cancer free!!! Happy tears!

It really is the best news of all. And I cried when I heard it (and I've yet to meet that little angel)

LOVE the pics of the Chicago Meet - you all look so good...and the munchkins are adorable!

Thank you...we had fun.

Did I see you ordered a dress for the wedding? Did I miss a photo of it? Congrats and I've no doubt you will be beautiful - only the bride will be lovelier.

No, I've not ordered a dress. I found one I liked online, but they didn't have it. Alisha has ordered her dress though and it is lovely like her.

You've been in my thoughts...your dad and Toby share a date...I am sorry I didn't post here or on FB.

No problem...I know it is a difficult day for both ofus.

The kids house is so cute..and I love that they have a finished basement (basements are unheard of around here).

And it's a very nice, clean basement. It's good to have that extra space (and since Alisha's clothese are in all the upstairs closets, Markie's closet is in the basement.

The Engagement Party invitations are perfect! They are just the cutest couple.... you'll be on such a high from Disney and getting ready for the party that you'll not notice the exhaustion until it's all over...then I hope you can catch your breath...although you will have a very special trip to look forward to in December! What an incredible time it will be for Romeo! Bless your heart..and Nicki's ...for making it so special (as well as the engagement party!)!

Thanks; I'm very happy with the invitations. And you are probably right...I'll have two months to catch my breath before the next trip. And Nicki and I have been working so hard on the trip...I know Romeo is going to love it.

Going back to read some more...Mia is on vacation this week, so I actually have some real DIS time and can catch up! Can you believe Sophia will be 4 this weekend! She is having her Party at a School of Dance...then preschool on Wed and next Saturday she begins pre-ballet...where have the years gone? Hoping to get her to WDW next year! Fingers crossed...no one to take care of the pups and we will not board them, so we'll need some magic to make it happen!

Off to read....
I cannot believe Princess Sophia will be four already. That has gone way too fast.

We're still not sure what we are doing with Cookie in December.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #966
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry...I missed a few quotes and these are out of order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
so wait a minute.. isn't hubby on the disboards? and your ticker says surprise.. won't he see it?

am I nuts? lol

Hi, Jenn. Yes, you are nuts...but that's why I love you girlfriend. No, Mark is NOT on the DIS so it is safe to have a ticker (if I show him something on the DIS, I am very careful NOT to let him see anything I post.

Her dress is so cute and I love the wrestling engagement shots!

I really like Alisha's dress too and she will be stunnign in it; the wrestling shots crack me up every time I see them.

I can't believe you leave in 18 days, I'm excited/jealous for you! Your PTR is long, so Idk where too look, but are yall doing MNSSHP?
No, we are NOT doing MNSSHP this trip. We were very disappointed in it last year (loved it the first year). Instead, we are doing the Christmas Party in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Love the house, it must be nice for them to finally be all moved in!

YAY that is great news!!!
Thanks, Jen. They are so happy to be in their own place.

And thank you for dancing and celebrating with us for Princess Ana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I missed it before, but just saw the post about Juliana.

I am SO EXCITED that her scan was cancer free.
Isn't that just wonderful? Better news could not have come for a better family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Yay for princess Ana!!! Such a brave, strong girl! What a great day for Tim and his family.

Love the engagement picture Kath-ay. They make such a cute couple and you can see the happiness in both of their expressions. How sweet to throw an engagement party for them too. Boy are you going to be one busy chick! I'm sure your house is already in tip top shape, you always claim to be cleaning it or doing laundry! Are you going to post pics of the party?? I hope so!

How cute is their little house! They must be soooo excited. And they made you breakfast too. Love the cute pic of your boys sitting together. And super cute pic of you and Alisha sitting on your men's laps.

Can't believe how close your trip is getting too.
Molly, I knew you'd be as happy as me about Princess Ana. Despite all the grief you and I give Tim (timmy), we love them so much.

They are very happy; I hope they will always have that glow in their faces when they look at one another. I WISH my house was in tip top shape. With Mark's mom and all the running around we've been doing, I've not kept up with the cleaning. I have people coming to paint the outside of the house while we are gone, we'll get the carpet cleaned when we get back (have to love having a 14 year old dog who sometimes can't wait to get outside ), and I'll spend the Friday night before the party cleaning from top to bottom. Yes, I promise to post pics of the party.

Yes, they made pancakes, scrambled eggs with ham and cheese in them and bacon...it was quite good. They are trying to find a cooking class to go to together but no luck thus far.

Thanks..I like the pic of me and hubby too.

Yep, it's getting here...but not fast enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Well that was weird!! I was posting in my PTR and it ended up here.

So happy to hear prayers have been answered for Julianna.
I didn't get a notice you updated your PTR; I better go take a peak.

I am so happy too that all of our prayers were answered for Juliana.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #967
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I got all responses done....

Now, I'm off to run a couple of errands on my lunch hour and then will be back with an update.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #968
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I cannot believe Princess Sophia will be four already. That has gone way too fast.

When Sophia's birthday nears, I always think of the joy we were anticipating that year...and how your heart was breaking...

We're still not sure what we are doing with Cookie in December.
Oh, that's right...Andy will be with you! Could you drive her down to Markie the weekend before? How does Cookie feel about kitties? By the way, I am so happy Cookie is doing well...Jackie will be 17 on Saturday! Never thought she would still be with us after the two ICU stays when she was 15. We are all blessed!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #969
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, that's right...Andy will be with you! Could you drive her down to Markie the weekend before? How does Cookie feel about kitties? By the way, I am so happy Cookie is doing well...Jackie will be 17 on Saturday! Never thought she would still be with us after the two ICU stays when she was 15. We are all blessed!
Yes, Andy and Des will be with us. I'd have to take the day off before we leave to drive to Dubuque (it's a 3-1/2 hour drive in good weather) and then the day after to go and pick her up. I don't think she'd do well with a cat. One of Andy's friends may crash at our house while we're gone and take care of her (and I have a friend who can come mid-afternoon every day) or there is this really fabulous Dog Resort that I'm looking into.

She's hanging in there...but she breathes heavier and tires more easily, but she is still as lovable as ever.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #970
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Part II of Vacation--and Yes, it is still Disney because it all started on the DIS

So I last left you, it was Friday, the 21st, and we were driving to Marco to get to the condo and start our second week of vacation. IF we arrive in the area early enough, we will call Nic and see if she wants to meet us at Starbucks before we drive to the Island and do our shopping and then collapse in bed. Collapse in bed you might be asking yourself? Well, yes, I have an important date on Saturday morning.

Romeo (who doesn't know this yet) will drive me to the Dunkin Donuts right before the highway so that Nicki does NOT have to drive all the way to the Island to get me. Are you asking yourself? Dunkin Donuts? They don't drink Dunkin Donuts. You are right..I don't, but Mark does and this makes life easier on Nic and that way Mark gets his coffee and I'll even treat him to a donut.

Nicki and I will THEN head here for our first stop of the morning:

After we drink our first coffee of the day, we will hit the highway and stop at the first mall of the day.

It dawned on me that I have NO photos of us shopping. I will have to remedy that this trip. Once we arrive at the mall, we will have our second

of the day (we have to do something while we wait for the stores to open ).

We will then hit the stores at our own pace...and what pace that is will depend on our mood. We will definitely stop at the Disney store as I always find something there to bring home with me and for some of my "adopted kids".

We will then head to mall number two where we will have lunch at Johnny Rocket's. This has become a tradition for Nicki and I...simple food before we have a big dinner with the boys later in the evening.

We'll do some more shopping and then hit the road to stop at Starbucks yet again on the way back to the Island where I will take a nap, Nicki will go home and take a nap and then the four of us will meet for dinner. We are thinking of going to the Chinese Buffet this night if they have all you can eat crab (which will please me immensely as it will be the second time I get all you can eat crab).

Sunday, Mark and I will probably hang at the pool all day (I think being the weekend, we will wait and go to the beach on Monday).

One of the views from the pool:

Monday will be beach day. Tuesday will be pool day. Wednesday will be beach day. Thursday will be pool day. Friday will be beach day. Do you see a pattern there? We might take one of the days and take the boat ride to Key West IF Todd and Nicki want a night off from us.

Nicki is in charge of ALL dining. We will probably do PF Changs just becasue we all love the food, Tommy Bahama's and we will definitely be back to

This is our other tradition...DaRuMa is always our last meal together.

Then we hit Starbucks for our final coffee and our goodbyes.

We always say there will be no tears and I was really good until Nicki started crying last year. Gee, we'll see each other in another 2+ months so maybe we can control ourselves this time. I'm thinking......

NOT!!!!!!!!

We fly home on Saturday the 29th very early in the morning (Starbucks won't even be open on the ride, but it better be when we get to the airport).

Up next, some "minor" changes to our December plans.

****PICTURE added at Nicki's request:

Last edited by KatMark; 08-29-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #971
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

Sunday, Mark and I will probably hang at the pool all day (I think being the weekend, we will wait and go to the beach on Monday).

One of the views from the pool:

Monday will be beach day. Tuesday will be pool day. Wednesday will be beach day. Thursday will be pool day. Friday will be beach day. Do you see a pattern there? We might take one of the days and take the boat ride to Key West IF Todd and Nicki want a night off from us.
Oh that sounds HEAVENLY! I want a trip like that with just Jeff.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #972
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

sounds like a very relaxing time, with great friends and good food and LOTS of Starbucks

Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #973
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great second week! I love your pattern... beach..pool...beach. Or was it pool... beach.. pool

Trip is getting close. I dont' know about you...but I am starting to panic at how close fall is. I noticed my own ticker and thought. I am no where near ready!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #975
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I was instructed to add a picture to my last update. Nicki says it is the best one of us (personally, I think my eyes look half closed, but whatever little sis wants).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: