Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #1576
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 3

We are up to Day 3, which is Sunday, December 9. This will be my least favorite day of the trip because Nicki and Todd will be leaving us after lunch.

This update will have limited (and I mean limited) pictures since we've yet to go to the World around the holidays.

We will wake up on Sunday morning and take a cab over to The Beach Club and meet Todd and Nicki in the lobby for our breakfast ADR at Cape May. We've not done this since 2008 when we went with our good friends for our 25th anniversary and I'm looking forward to going back (and I love to make Andy do a character meal). This is the day all six of us will wear our matching t-shirts.

From there, the plan is to walk over to Epcot (although after talking to Nicki, we might be taking the boat because if there is a boat, or a bus or a train...Todd is on it rathe rthan walk ).

We will do whatever it is that we haven't done at Epcot that we still want to do. I'd like to see some of the storytellers if we missed them and Nicki says there are "Christmas booths" with holiday drinks, etc., that I'm sure the boys will want to try.

We have lunch at 2 p.m. at Teppan Edo...another first for us. Although it won't be quite the same as our annual visit to Da Ru Ma in Naples, I am looking forward to it as I love this type of food.

Unfortunately, Nicki and Todd will have to leave us shortly after lunch to drive home because they have to work the next day.

Andy, Des, Mark and I will finish up anything we still want to do at Epcot, and then we will probably take a bus back to the Coronado and change our clothes to be sure we are toasty warm. Why might you ask? Because this is the night we are going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party until midnight.

(Borrowed from the Internet)

I especially want to see the parade, snowing on Main Street and the fireworks. Anything else...character photos, hot chocolate and cookies, will all be icing on the cake.

I think the four of us will be able to make it until the end at Midnight.

Up next, Mark's and my last day at the World (the kids will stay a day after we leave) and what the four of us have planned.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #1577
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

For Nicki and Todd leaving, but for MVMCP. You will LOVE it!!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #1578
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I totally agree. Will this be your first MVMCP? It's so festive and the parade is great!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #1579
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I hope you have a fantastic time at the Christmas party, we enjoyed it a couple of years ago. I just realized that we will be flying in on the afternoon of the last party. Hmmmmm, to go, or not. That is the question!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #1580
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

The Christmas parade does make the party! That and the snow...and decorations! It is magical!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #1581
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I am still lovin' your plans. Bummer that Nicki and Todd have to leave before you do. It is my dream to do MVMCP someday though.

D~
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #1582
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ooooh....what picture are you talking about? Please tell!
I'll let Tim answer that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
It's not? What picture do they make fun of now? Some certain someone, who won't be named, drinking beer in the shower?
And before you ask, Kathy, it is shoulders up. Thank God.

It's a shame you don't get more time with Todd and Nicki, but that's great that they'll at least be able to meet up with you for a few days to help Mark celebrate.

I hope you like MVMCP. DW says the fireworks alone are worth the price of admission, and I have a hard time arguing against that theory.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #1583
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like great plans! I think y'all will enjoy the Christmas party! Make sure you go visit Santa while you're in MK so he knows what you want for Christmas!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #1584
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I am so happy you have something to look forward to with Nicki and Todd leaving. That will help the sting.

I saw Tim's news , thanks to stalking you...

Old 11-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #1585
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you will be sad that it's the last day with Nicki and Todd, but you're going to love MVMCP!!! It's so much fun! The "snow" on Main Street is just magical! And make sure you get lots of pictures taken in front of the castle all lit up! The character lines can get pretty long, just like with MNSSHP, so if you want to meet any of them, you probably have to pick and choose which ones are the most important! I like to see the really random ones that are never out, like Scrooge McDuck, and his line wasn't very long! (Probably because no one knows who he is! ) Oh and I know you guys like the Pooh characters, all 4 of them meet together, and they have little Christmas outfits on, they are adorable! Unfortunately, the line was too long for us so we didn't see them!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #1586
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound so wonderful! Surprising Mark, spending time with your friends/family AND attending MVMCP - what a great trip this will be! I have never been to the MVMCP so I can only imagine it is pretty amazing - especially the snow.

I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #1587
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

OMG... I just finished reading this and am totally caught up...

First ... wow ... you & Mark really did have one rough summer didn't you?
Again I am truly sorry about Mark's mom and everything that led up to it... as well as your brother and mom...

But there were also lovely things... like wedding planning and Alisha's surgery going well...

It really was one big roller coaster...

I'm really glad that your plans for Mark's 60th are going so well... It all sounds really fabulous and I know that you all are going to have an amazing time... I can't imagine you not...

You will soon be into single digits...

Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #1588
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I am so excited to experience the MVMCP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I totally agree. Will this be your first MVMCP? It's so festive and the parade is great!
Yes, this is our first ever MVMCP because it's the first time we've been there later than October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I hope you have a fantastic time at the Christmas party, we enjoyed it a couple of years ago. I just realized that we will be flying in on the afternoon of the last party. Hmmmmm, to go, or not. That is the question!
Oh....I think you should go...it's Christmas after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
The Christmas parade does make the party! That and the snow...and decorations! It is magical!
Snow on Main Street...I can't even imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am still lovin' your plans. Bummer that Nicki and Todd have to leave before you do. It is my dream to do MVMCP someday though.

D~
Thanks, D. I wish they could stay, but Todd is in retail and has to get back with the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'll let Tim answer that question.

Hmmmmm...why do I get the feeling I'll never get an answer then?

And before you ask, Kathy, it is shoulders up. Thank God.

THANK THE LORD!

It's a shame you don't get more time with Todd and Nicki, but that's great that they'll at least be able to meet up with you for a few days to help Mark celebrate.

I'm happy that we will have almost three full days with them...an unexpected and delightful addition to the surprise trip when I first thought of it.

I hope you like MVMCP. DW says the fireworks alone are worth the price of admission, and I have a hard time arguing against that theory.
I am going to trust your DW that it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like great plans! I think y'all will enjoy the Christmas party! Make sure you go visit Santa while you're in MK so he knows what you want for Christmas!
I may send Mark to see Santa, but my wish list has been fulfilled...I got Mark to Disney for the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]I am so happy you have something to look forward to with Nicki and Todd leaving. That will help the sting.
I think the party will ease the pain of their leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm sorry you will be sad that it's the last day with Nicki and Todd, but you're going to love MVMCP!!! It's so much fun! The "snow" on Main Street is just magical! And make sure you get lots of pictures taken in front of the castle all lit up! The character lines can get pretty long, just like with MNSSHP, so if you want to meet any of them, you probably have to pick and choose which ones are the most important! I like to see the really random ones that are never out, like Scrooge McDuck, and his line wasn't very long! (Probably because no one knows who he is! ) Oh and I know you guys like the Pooh characters, all 4 of them meet together, and they have little Christmas outfits on, they are adorable! Unfortunately, the line was too long for us so we didn't see them!
Thanks, Jen. We are hoping to make it an annual trip at this time of year so that too will help ease the pain of their leaving. I can't wait to see the decorations and snow. We are definitely going to wait for Mickey and Minnie, and if the line's not too bad, we'll try for Pooh and friends too and whoever else we see and feel like hopping into line for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Your plans sound so wonderful! Surprising Mark, spending time with your friends/family AND attending MVMCP - what a great trip this will be! I have never been to the MVMCP so I can only imagine it is pretty amazing - especially the snow.

I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!
I will take LOTS and LOTS of pictures of the decorations, lights and snow.

We had a very nice Thanksgiving, and hope you did too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
OMG... I just finished reading this and am totally caught up...

Sorry....you got stuck with two Pre Trip Reports in one.

First ... wow ... you & Mark really did have one rough summer didn't you?
Again I am truly sorry about Mark's mom and everything that led up to it... as well as your brother and mom...

It was a rough summer, especially for Mark. Thankfully, my mom is doing much better. We appreciate the hug.

But there were also lovely things... like wedding planning and Alisha's surgery going well...

It's been so much fun helping to plan the wedding. We just love Alisha to pieces. Unfortunately, the surgery did not work as well as thought, but she is dealing with it for now.

It really was one big roller coaster...

Yes, it was.

I'm really glad that your plans for Mark's 60th are going so well... It all sounds really fabulous and I know that you all are going to have an amazing time... I can't imagine you not...

It's going to be the best trip ever....I just know it.

You will soon be into single digits...

Single digits tomorrow. I have to pinch myself to make sure it is real.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #1589
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 4 -- Monday, December 10

This will be Mark's and my last full day at the World for this trip (Andy and Des are staying an extra day and won't fly home until Wednesday).

The plans are kind of set, but open to change.

Since Des had no say so in the plans up until now (hey, Nicki is in charge here), I left this day up to her. She wants to have breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney. So we will take a cab or bus there and have breakfast. Then we are going to the Studios so that Andy can have revenge with his father on:

Andy and I will then go and ride:

Mark doesn't do it and Des doesn't like it. Then the three of them will go and do

while I go get a cappucino somewhere.

After that, the rest of the day is up in the air. We have an ADR at Sci Fi, but we may cancel it depending on what the kids want to do. They may want to do their own thing which is fine with us. I'm thinking that Mark and I will go back to the MK and enjoy the decorations and some of our favorite attractions again.

Dinner is also up in the air, but we have talked about going to Fulton's if the mood strikes us (we can usually get a walk-in here).

Mark and I have an 11:20 a.m. flight the next day (Tuesday, December 11), so I'm guessing we will be picked up around 7:30 or 8:00 by the Magical Express.

That now covers all of our days for this surprise 60th birthday trip. Now, we just need the last 10 days to hurry up so we can have the big reveal.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #1590
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
That now covers all of our days for this surprise 60th birthday trip. Now, we just need the last 10 days to hurry up so we can have the big reveal.
So did you decide on what sign you are going to use?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: