Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
itsdisneytime
oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?

My wish to me for 2014

Dear Self,

I hope to not be lonely anymore in the year 2014. I hope for me that I can get it together and take the steps that I think are necessary to not feel alone or invisible.

I used to be so pretty and so self assured, and now at 39 and post thyroid cancer and plus 60 pounds I am "that person" who gets told ... whoa, you are gorgeous and could be Miss America if you only lost weight.

How sad I feel, that I am married and yet - my husband who is bipolar just treats me like crap and ignores me until he needs to ask a favor or that something be done around the house different than my normal routine.

How long, how long, how long Shannon - are you going to wake up hopeful every morning only to have your heart broken the very second you realize youve been dismissed yet again.

Shannon
itsdisneytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Wishing you light and love.. YOu have got this, compared to what you went through
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
ladynmom94
Earning My Ears

Hugs to you!! Hang on to faith & prayer. "The more you are able to forgive, the more you are able to love" ~ Stephen Richards
Old 01-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

I'm so sorry.....this breaks my heart. I hope you can find the strength to conquer some of the battles that are taking place.

What's stopping you? If not now, when?

Get up girl. Hold your head up high and start making changes!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
Tropics
Mouseketeer

As a fellow 'Shannon' who just last year had a thyroid cancer scare, I'm believing that you are already on the path to change just by making this post. That you will gather the courage to do what you need to do to make you happy. That you will be able to look back at this time next year with your head held high because of all that you have accomplished.

As someone who totally understands the "I used to be thin and good looking" thing, I know that loosing weight is extremely tough, especially when dealing with thyroid and other health issues. But I do believe that you can do it.

I really do believe that you will be able to accomplish far more this year then you believe. Baby steps of change go a long way..
Old 01-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #6
codysmom1990
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry you feel that way. May God give you to strength and courage to get past this. I will say a prayer for you. I hope everything works out for you. Have you thought about doing any volunter work, or something like that to get out of the house? Join a healthclub? You would meet new people and maybe make some friends. I know it will be hard at first, try at a hospital they really could use you there. There are alot of lonely people there that could really use a friend.
codysmom1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: