Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #76
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Oh, dear! I hope I didn't give away a surprise! But I guess it's all good if it adds to the excitement!
Not at all! I knew about getting pins on an ABD trip, but it still made me happy to read about it.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #77
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNDisney View Post
I did not know we could expect that Are there other surprises or gifts to look forward to as a first timer?
We were thrilled with of our "surprises" on our Cities of Knights and Lights trip last month!!

This afternoon dd and I went to see "Brave". Now we want to do ABD Scotland!!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #78
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
Me too I knew about the pins. I was on a Disney Cruise and attended an ABD presentation where they raffled off a set of pins that contained ALL of the pins for every adventure.

I had not thought of Merida and Brave pins specificlly for the ABD trip though so I am quite excited about the possibility!
ALL of the pins for every adventure? That's a LOT of pins! How cool. Was that a door prize sort of raffle, or did you have to buy tickets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
Not at all! I knew about getting pins on an ABD trip, but it still made me happy to read about it.
Cool! Glad to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
We were thrilled with of our "surprises" on our Cities of Knights and Lights trip last month!!

I don't think you're alone in that, SingingMom!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #79
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post

I've been obsessing so much about our trip next year I made a board of our itinerary on Pinterest. So when we saw Brave on Friday, I was able to recognize some of the places we are going to and of course that just got me more excited

Quote:
ALL of the pins for every adventure? That's a LOT of pins! How cool. Was that a door prize sort of raffle, or did you have to buy tickets?
Sayhello

Yes, it was a LOT of pins. No purchase necessary it was a door prize. I think the first one I attended was on the member cruise in 2010. I recall the presenter saying that while some folks had been on multiple adventures, no one had done all of them yet. Therefore, the prize would be something nobody else would have.

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #80
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Yes, it was a LOT of pins. No purchase necessary it was a door prize. I think the first one I attended was on the member cruise in 2010. I recall the presenter saying that while some folks had been on multiple adventures, no one had done all of them yet. Therefore, the prize would be something nobody else would have.
Very, very cool!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #81
lynnemcb
Mouseketeer

Hope you all enjoy your trip to our country - i keep looking at ABD but the cost just seems so much - once you add flights.

funny how exotic scotland seems when you are reading through an ABD intinery - its a great itinery and will really show off the beautiful spots in Soctland.

Just watch out for the midges - if youre coming in the summer!!!!

Lynne
1998/99 - offsite, 2000 - WDW Inline Hockey Tournament, 2001 - Offsite, 2002 - Offsite, 2003 Bought DVC - Vero & BW, 2004 - WDW BW/ OKW/ SS, 2005 -WDW OKW, 2006 - Disneyland Paris /WDW OKW, 2007 - DCL Eastern & SS / Lanzarote 2008 - Paris/ DCL Western & WDW SS, 2009 -New York /DCL Eastern & WDW AKL April 2010 - DCL Med Cruise Oct 2010 - OKW , SS and Atlanta 2011 LA / Disneyland/WDW Disney Dream, 2012 Disneyland and DCL Hawaii, 2013 DCL Alaska, Vancouver and LA, 2014 Las Vegas
lynnemcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #82
bobrex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnemcb View Post
Hope you all enjoy your trip to our country - i keep looking at ABD but the cost just seems so much - once you add flights.

funny how exotic scotland seems when you are reading through an ABD intinery - its a great itinery and will really show off the beautiful spots in Soctland.

Just watch out for the midges - if youre coming in the summer!!!!

Lynne
Yes, ABD is more expensive than most of the other tour companies. I've done a number of Globus and Tauk tours, and as far as I'm concerned, you get what you pay for. The ABD experience is superior to anything I've done before. In every case, and this can be critical for international trips, ABD uses superior lodging, additional tours that other companies cannot offer, more meals,... Ther's just something special when the mouse is involved.
bobrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #83
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrex View Post
Yes, ABD is more expensive than most of the other tour companies. I've done a number of Globus and Tauk tours, and as far as I'm concerned, you get what you pay for. The ABD experience is superior to anything I've done before. In every case, and this can be critical for international trips, ABD uses superior lodging, additional tours that other companies cannot offer, more meals,... Ther's just something special when the mouse is involved.
Having never traveled to Europe before, I knew we wanted a "tour". I was between Tauck and ABD. Disney had the itinerary my 18 year old wanted. We LOVED it and will only travel a tour with them again! The added attention to details is par none !

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #84
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow! I guess ABD underestimated the popularity of this trip. I'm glad they were able to arrange extra departures! They have plenty of time to train extra Guides! Sayhello
I'm not sure what to think about the added dates. I *really* hope the quality doesn't suffer, especially for the overlapping tours. I'm actually a little bummed to hear this.

Quote:
Me too I knew about the pins. I was on a Disney Cruise and attended an ABD presentation where they raffled off a set of pins that contained ALL of the pins for every adventure.
Our pins for Ireland are really cute, I'd love to see something with Merida for Scotland. I can't imagine a full set--that must have been a ton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrex View Post
I haven't done Tauk, but I've done a tour through a University alumni program and that was much MORE expensive than Disney. It was also very upscale with lots of added extras, although not geared toward kids. The university does have family trips, which I'd love to try to compare at some point (maybe when I win the lotto
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #85
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Cool Annoyed with ABD web site

Has anyone besides me noticed that under the Scotland itinerary Tips & Tricks area of the ABD website there is a section that says "Recommended Reading - a selection of books to help you get the most of out of your travel prepared especially to enhance your Adventures by Disney vacation." Then when you click on the recommended reading all of the books are about Ireland

I contacted ABD last month to let them know about the error. They responded and said they would let their web services team know. So I checked today thinking I would be ordering some books and it still has recommended reading on Ireland

Old 07-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #86
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Has anyone besides me noticed that under the Scotland itinerary Tips & Tricks area of the ABD website there is a section that says "Recommended Reading - a selection of books to help you get the most of out of your travel prepared especially to enhance your Adventures by Disney vacation." Then when you click on the recommended reading all of the books are about Ireland

I contacted ABD last month to let them know about the error. They responded and said they would let their web services team know. So I checked today thinking I would be ordering some books and it still has recommended reading on Ireland
Bummer. I hope they fix that. I hadn't taken a look at the Tips & Tricks section but will do that.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #87
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Double eye roll! I hadn't seen that section either but will check it out. I could think of a huge list of books to read, if they need help, LOL.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #88
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up They fixed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
Bummer. I hope they fix that. I hadn't taken a look at the Tips & Tricks section but will do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
Double eye roll! I hadn't seen that section either but will check it out. I could think of a huge list of books to read, if they need help, LOL.
I went and took a peek at the ABD we page under Tips & Tricks for Recommended Reading and it now contains books on Scotland instead of Ireland

Old 07-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #89
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went and took a peek at the ABD we page under Tips & Tricks for Recommended Reading and it now contains books on Scotland instead of Ireland
Looks like a pretty good list. I've read a number of them. Would have been nice to see some fiction up there (Sir Walter, anyone?).
Old 07-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #90
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
Looks like a pretty good list. I've read a number of them. Would have been nice to see some fiction up there (Sir Walter, anyone?).
Yeah, and Outlander too

Any recommendations? I was thinking of getting Scotland, A Concise History and Culture Smart! Scotland.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: