Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #61
2BNDisney
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the info on the app and book. I will definitely check it out!
I went on the Mediterranean cruise in 2010 and my 2 favs were Rome and the Cinque Terra (very small town Italy). Hoping maybe for Verona next year and take the train to different cities from there.
WALT DISNEY WORLD - March 1987 / December 1990 / December 1991 / April 1994 / September 1994 / December 1994 / March 1996 (Disney Institute) / December 1996 (Fort Wilderness and Yacht & Beach Club) / May 2000 / October 2000 / October 2004 (Pop) / December 2006 (Pop) / November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) / May 2011 (OKW) / December 2011 (BLT) / February-March 2012 (AK) / Sept-Oct 2012 (WL/BWV) / Nov 2013 (BLT) / Jan 2014 (VGF)

-
DISNEYLAND - December 1996 / May 2013 (Paradise Pier)
-
DISNEY CRUISE LINE - 11 night Mediterranean on Magic - May 2010 / 7 night Alaska on Wonder - May 2011 / 14 night WB Transatlantic on Magic - Sept 2011 / 3 night Bahamas on Dream - December 2011 / 7 night E. Caribbean on Fantasy - Sept 2012 / 14 night Panama Canal on Wonder - May 2013 / 3 night Bahamas on Magic - Jan 2014
-
ADVENTURES BY DISNEY - Scotland - June 2013

Last edited by 2BNDisney; 09-15-2012 at 03:23 PM.
2BNDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #62
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
We are seeing BRAVE tonight. Can't wait!
Can't wait to hear what you think. We loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Congrats, Blake! I'm sure you're going to love this trip, love Scotland and love ABD!!! You'll be going on one of the first trips, so I'll really be looking forward to your report!

Sayhello
Ditto what SayHello said. Welcome and can't wait to hear your report back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
Oh and there is a free App called Welcome to Scotland Scot Guide that you can download. It's loaded with info on where to go, what to do, discounts, interactive maps that locate your position using GPS. It works for iPhones and Android phones < CLICKY HERE >
I'll have to check this out, too. I love new apps
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #63
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
Can't wait to hear what you think. We loved it!
We loved it too. My 7-year old DS broke out into cackling laughter numerous times. The plot was actually a little different than I thought it would be based on the previews I had seen, but that is a positive as far as I am concerned. Definitely not the case that we had "seen" the whole movie by virtue of having seen the previews. We plan to buy it when it comes out on DVD so we can watch it again closer to our trip and whet our appetite even more.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #64
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The only other time I have been to Scotland was in high school on a trip with my parents. We ate dinner at Prestonfield House for my father's birthday. A great experience.

We are seeing BRAVE tonight. Can't wait!
Lucky you! You've been to Prestonfield House and seeing Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wld View Post
DH and I are going on the Sept trip. Booked today and they said we got the last room with Debs group. This is our first ABD and we are very excited. We are also thinking about adding on a couple of days. Or maybe flying into London and taking the train to Edinburg for a little more adventure. Since I'm not planning most of this trip, I got to have something to plan!
Hi and to the group! I would have loved to go on the adult trip. I'm sure Deb's group will be great! I am glad I am going in August though Ooh the train sounds like fun too. I know what you mean about the planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNDisney View Post
Thanks so much for the info on the app and book. I will definitely check it out!
I went on the Mediterranean cruise in 2010 and my 2 favs were Rome and the Cinque Terra (very small town Italy). Hoping maybe for Verona next year and take the train to different cities from there.
You're welcome!

Quote:
We loved it too. My 7-year old DS broke out into cackling laughter numerous times. The plot was actually a little different than I thought it would be based on the previews I had seen, but that is a positive as far as I am concerned. Definitely not the case that we had "seen" the whole movie by virtue of having seen the previews. We plan to buy it when it comes out on DVD so we can watch it again closer to our trip and whet our appetite even more.
I am so glad to hear that the whole movie isn't shown in the previews. I hate it when they do that. We will be going on Friday ... can't wait!

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #65
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The plot was actually a little different than I thought it would be based on the previews I had seen, but that is a positive as far as I am concerned.
So glad you guys liked it, too. I *totally* agree about the plot being different than expected (in a good way). It was very appropriate that I saw it with DD.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #66
2BNDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just saw the movie tonight. LOVED IT and cannot wait for Scotland. And I was happy that there were surprises that I did not anticipate in the story of the movie. I too had seen all the trailers and wondered. May have to see it again
WALT DISNEY WORLD - March 1987 / December 1990 / December 1991 / April 1994 / September 1994 / December 1994 / March 1996 (Disney Institute) / December 1996 (Fort Wilderness and Yacht & Beach Club) / May 2000 / October 2000 / October 2004 (Pop) / December 2006 (Pop) / November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) / May 2011 (OKW) / December 2011 (BLT) / February-March 2012 (AK) / Sept-Oct 2012 (WL/BWV) / Nov 2013 (BLT) / Jan 2014 (VGF)

-
-
DISNEY CRUISE LINE - 11 night Mediterranean on Magic - May 2010 / 7 night Alaska on Wonder - May 2011 / 14 night WB Transatlantic on Magic - Sept 2011 / 3 night Bahamas on Dream - December 2011 / 7 night E. Caribbean on Fantasy - Sept 2012 / 14 night Panama Canal on Wonder - May 2013 / 3 night Bahamas on Magic - Jan 2014
-
Old 06-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #67
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just saw the movie tonight. LOVED IT and cannot wait for Scotland. And I was happy that there were surprises that I did not anticipate in the story of the movie. I too had seen all the trailers and wondered. May have to see it again
It's funny how we are all having the same reaction about being surprised by the story. I'm about to hop on the Fantasy for a cruise, so I think I'll be seeing it a few more times
Old 06-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #68
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Have a great time all! I have yet to be able to afford an ABD trip but maybe soon.

I did have a question, though, about ABD. Is it true that you get specific pins for the trip? Like for China - you get Mulan? So for Scotland, you might get Merida?
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #69
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
Have a great time all! I have yet to be able to afford an ABD trip but maybe soon.

I did have a question, though, about ABD. Is it true that you get specific pins for the trip? Like for China - you get Mulan? So for Scotland, you might get Merida?
There are Collectable pins given to you for each day of an ABD. They are specific to the Theme of the Day for that specific trip. You can only get these pins on an ABD (unless someone parted with theirs on ebay or something, which I would NEVER do!) So, if there was a themed day in China that Mulan was appropriate for, they'd likely put her on the pin for that day. You get pins with all sorts of characters, like Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Belle, etc. I think they do tend to tie the pins to characters from related countries, etc, if they can. So, since the Scotland trip is so themed to Brave (at least for next year) I think it's likely you'd see a pin with Merida on it, and probably other characters from Brave.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #70
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are Collectable pins given to you for each day of an ABD. They are specific to the Theme of the Day for that specific trip. You can only get these pins on an ABD (unless someone parted with theirs on ebay or something, which I would NEVER do!) So, if there was a themed day in China that Mulan was appropriate for, they'd likely put her on the pin for that day. You get pins with all sorts of characters, like Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Belle, etc. I think they do tend to tie the pins to characters from related countries, etc, if they can. So, since the Scotland trip is so themed to Brave (at least for next year) I think it's likely you'd see a pin with Merida on it, and probably other characters from Brave.

Sayhello
Funny how sometimes it is the little things that just give you chills of excitement. Of course I am excited about the actual trip itself and all of the great places we are going to go and sites we will see, but I have to admit that seeing your post about the pins gave me a whole new tingle of excitement in anticipation of our first-ever ABD!

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on

Last edited by Calfan; 06-25-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #71
SleepingPrincess
Earning My Ears

I was browsing the ABD site and it looks like they added several more dates to the trip. Plus a couple of the trips are overlapping now.
SleepingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #72
2BNDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sayhello
I did not know we could expect that Are there other surprises or gifts to look forward to as a first timer?

-
-
-
Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #73
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Funny how sometimes it is the little things that just give you chills of excitement. Of course I am excited about the actual trip itself and all of the great places we are going to go and sites we will see, but I have to admit that seeing your post about the pins gave me a whole new tingle of excitement in anticipation our first-ever ABD!
Oh, dear! I hope I didn't give away a surprise! But I guess it's all good if it adds to the excitement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingPrincess View Post
I was browsing the ABD site and it looks like they added several more dates to the trip. Plus a couple of the trips are overlapping now.
Wow! I guess ABD underestimated the popularity of this trip. I'm glad they were able to arrange extra departures! They have plenty of time to train extra Guides!

Sayhello

Old 06-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #74
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I did not know we could expect that Are there other surprises or gifts to look forward to as a first timer?
Well, obviously I don't know what surprises are in store for you specific to the Scotland trip , but you'll be getting an ABD duffel bag your first day, with a few little logo gifts in it. (The gifts seem to vary from trip to trip. I've gotten small binoculars, a water bottle, a cooldana, things like that). The duffle bag is really useful for carrying stuff onto the motorcoaches, especially on Hotel transfer days, when you likely won't see your suitcases until much later in the day, and want to bring a few things with you. And I know some people who used them for all those lovely souvenirs they bought along the way...

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 06-25-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #75
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Funny how sometimes it is the little things that just give you chills of excitement. Of course I am excited about the actual trip itself and all of the great places we are going to go and sites we will see, but I have to admit that seeing your post about the pins gave me a whole new tingle of excitement in anticipation our first-ever ABD!
Me too I knew about the pins. I was on a Disney Cruise and attended an ABD presentation where they raffled off a set of pins that contained ALL of the pins for every adventure.

I had not thought of Merida and Brave pins specificlly for the ABD trip though so I am quite excited about the possibility!

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: