Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #46
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
Saw a special screening of BRAVE last night at PIXAR, and it was amazing! Found out that we were the first group outside of PIXAR to see it, which was pretty cool. You guys are going to be so anxious to go on this trip when you see it. Visually stunning. Had a chance to talk to the director for a while, and he was excited to hear that I was doing the ABD Scotland trip. Many of the location inspirations for the film were taken from his honeymoon trip to Scotland years ago. Is it August 2013 yet?
That is so cool! I am dying to see this movie! I have been chomping at the bit over it since it was revealed as the next Pixar project at a D23 event a couple of years ago.

Quote:
It will definitely get you in the mood for the trip! BTW, Calfan pointed out that the trip prices have gone up yet again! Some are nearly $1000 more than opening day. So glad we jumped quickly!
I saw that! For us, it is now $500 more than when we booked We weren't as quick on it as some of you but happy we got in when we did

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #47
bobrex
Mouseketeer

DW (Sandy) and I are booked on the June 30 trip. This is out third ABD trip; we did the Yosemite trip a few years ago and the Germany trip last year. We are also DVC, but not using our points for this trip - it's just too many points.

I can understand the price increasing as time goes on, but the trip dates were announced in mid May, less than a month ago. That's jumping the prices a little too early, no?
bobrex is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #48
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrex View Post
DW (Sandy) and I are booked on the June 30 trip. This is out third ABD trip; we did the Yosemite trip a few years ago and the Germany trip last year. We are also DVC, but not using our points for this trip - it's just too many points.

I can understand the price increasing as time goes on, but the trip dates were announced in mid May, less than a month ago. That's jumping the prices a little too early, no?
I agree with you. But apparently the trips are filling up REALLY quickly, and ABD generally increases the prices as the trips fill up. I've seen this sort of thing with DCL, but never seen it with ABD before. It's just a REALLY popular trip, but doesn't have a lot of departures.

(And it's actually only been 3 weeks! Crazy!)

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

Last edited by sayhello; 06-12-2012 at 04:10 PM.
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #49
Miss SD
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Wow, that's strange. My DH and I (and DD) will be on the June 30 trip. My name is Sandy and we took the Germany trip last year.
Miss SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #50
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
We weren't as quick on it as some of you but happy we got in when we did
I think this trip and the recent DVC cruise special are the fastest I've ever moved on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss SD View Post
Wow, that's strange. My DH and I (and DD) will be on the June 30 trip. My name is Sandy and we took the Germany trip last year.
Wow, that is strange! Cool.
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #51
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hello! Welcome to the thread! Germany looks like a really fun trip. It's on the short list so hopefully we will get to do it down the line.

Quote:
I think this trip and the recent DVC cruise special are the fastest I've ever moved on anything.
The fastest for us would be our 2 DVC cruises, started dialing right when the phones lines opened to book. Then the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy we booked on day 1. Thank goodness too because those prices doubled

Old 06-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #52
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Then the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy we booked on day 1. Thank goodness too because those prices doubled
Lucky you to be on the maiden voyage. I'll be taking my first Fantasy cruise in 11 days . . . I can't wait!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #53
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lucky you to be on the maiden voyage. I'll be taking my first Fantasy cruise in 11 days . . . I can't wait!
Oh you will have so much fun! It is a lovely ship and I like it even better than the Dream.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #54
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Hi everybody! Like some of you we are coming in a few days early. I was looking around at places to eat and or stay that might be somewhat unique and came across The Witchery by the Castle CLICKY HERE which I have heard mentioned several times while reading trip reports online. There are 2 restaurants, The Witchery and The Secret Garden. Andrew Lloyd Webber is quoted saying, "Is this the prettiest restaurant ever? I think so."

I figured if it was popular it would require reservations so I checked out he web site and discovered they have 8 (only 8) dramatically decadent, opulent over the top suites. I read one person's trip report that said Catherine Zeta Jones was staying there during their stay there. Anyhow, it is totaly up my alley with regards to being out of the ordinary and campy So we made reservations for the 2nd and 3rd of August in the Inner Sanctum suite and dinner at The Witchery on Friday and The Secret Garden on Saturday.

I thought I'd share with the group in case someone else might find it to their liking

Old 06-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #55
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everybody! Like some of you we are coming in a few days early. I was looking around at places to eat and or stay that might be somewhat unique and came across The Witchery by the Castle CLICKY HERE which I have heard mentioned several times while reading trip reports online. There are 2 restaurants, The Witchery and The Secret Garden. Andrew Lloyd Webber is quoted saying, "Is this the prettiest restaurant ever? I think so."

I figured if it was popular it would require reservations so I checked out he web site and discovered they have 8 (only 8) dramatically decadent, opulent over the top suites. I read one person's trip report that said Catherine Zeta Jones was staying there during their stay there. Anyhow, it is totaly up my alley with regards to being out of the ordinary and campy So we made reservations for the 2nd and 3rd of August in the Inner Sanctum suite and dinner at The Witchery on Friday and The Secret Garden on Saturday.

I thought I'd share with the group in case someone else might find it to their liking
Very cool place! I've seen it before but had never checked it out. Thanks for the info. With the kids, I suspect we'll either try to stay at the Balmoral (so we don't have to move) or one of the bigger chains with family rooms, but this place looks awesome. Up my alley, too
Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #56
2BNDisney
Mouseketeer

Looks like I am set for June 9 also ..... going solo. First time ABD and first time to Scotland. Considering taking a pre-trip to Italy/Ireland and maybe some Scotland places so guess I may need a guide book for all three
WALT DISNEY WORLD - March 1987 / December 1990 / December 1991 / April 1994 / September 1994 / December 1994 / March 1996 (Disney Institute) / December 1996 (Fort Wilderness and Yacht & Beach Club) / May 2000 / October 2000 / October 2004 (Pop) / December 2006 (Pop) / November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) / May 2011 (OKW) / December 2011 (BLT) / February-March 2012 (AK) / Sept-Oct 2012 (WL/BWV) / Nov 2013 (BLT) / Jan 2014 (VGF)

-
DISNEYLAND - December 1996 / May 2013 (Paradise Pier)
-
DISNEY CRUISE LINE - 11 night Mediterranean on Magic - May 2010 / 7 night Alaska on Wonder - May 2011 / 14 night WB Transatlantic on Magic - Sept 2011 / 3 night Bahamas on Dream - December 2011 / 7 night E. Caribbean on Fantasy - Sept 2012 / 14 night Panama Canal on Wonder - May 2013 / 3 night Bahamas on Magic - Jan 2014
-
ADVENTURES BY DISNEY - Scotland - June 2013
2BNDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #57
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Very cool place! I've seen it before but had never checked it out. Thanks for the info. With the kids, I suspect we'll either try to stay at the Balmoral (so we don't have to move) or one of the bigger chains with family rooms, but this place looks awesome. Up my alley, too
The Balmoral looks awesome. I am so glad we get to stay there with ABD. I read it was named one of the top 10 Luxury Hotels in the UK on Trip Advisor and top 500 world's best hotels in Travel & Leisure! The other one I would love to stay at in Edinburgh is Prestonfield. Maybe the NEXT time we go to Scotland

I'm happy to know I won't be the only one on this trip with tastes that run towards the theatrical and dramatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNDisney View Post
Looks like I am set for June 9 also ..... going solo. First time ABD and first time to Scotland. Considering taking a pre-trip to Italy/Ireland and maybe some Scotland places so guess I may need a guide book for all three
Hi and to the group! I'm a first timer for both too. Your pre-trip sounds fun! We will be going to Italy in October but not with ABD. It will be our first time there so please share your experiences here. I will probably be lurking on the Italy meet threads to see if I learn any tips for the people who are going or getting back. I would love to go to Ireland! It's not in the cards just yet but defintely someday!

It's not exactly a guide book, but I picked up a book about Scotland that is a fun little read called Scottish Miscellany Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Scotland the Brave. I also picked up a pocket guidebook called Edinburgh Encounter. Oh and there is a free App called Welcome to Scotland Scot Guide that you can download. It's loaded with info on where to go, what to do, discounts, interactive maps that locate your position using GPS. It works for iPhones and Android phones < CLICKY HERE >

Old 06-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #58
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Balmoral looks awesome. I am so glad we get to stay there with ABD. I read it was named one of the top 10 Luxury Hotels in the UK on Trip Advisor and top 500 world's best hotels in Travel & Leisure! The other one I would love to stay at in Edinburgh is Prestonfield. Maybe the NEXT time we go to Scotland
The only other time I have been to Scotland was in high school on a trip with my parents. We ate dinner at Prestonfield House for my father's birthday. A great experience.

We are seeing BRAVE tonight. Can't wait!

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #59
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNDisney View Post
Congrats, Blake! I'm sure you're going to love this trip, love Scotland and love ABD!!! You'll be going on one of the first trips, so I'll really be looking forward to your report!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #60
wld
Enjoyed an anniversary dinner at the castle
Likes to travel light
Was madly in love with Bobby Sherman

DH and I are going on the Sept trip. Booked today and they said we got the last room with Debs group. This is our first ABD and we are very excited. We are also thinking about adding on a couple of days. Or maybe flying into London and taking the train to Edinburg for a little more adventure. Since I'm not planning most of this trip, I got to have something to plan!
wld is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: