Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
Diane0977
Earning My Ears

Tell Me About Greece

Since this group has become my source for all things ABD, I thought I'd reach out and ask for some opinions on the Greece tour. We were actually all set to reserve Italy, but we've decided that we like the mix of activity and history in the Greek tour. It would be myself and my husband, and our two kids ages 9 and 7. We did Arizona and Utah this summer and the kids did great, however I realize international travel is a completely different ballgame. Looking at mid-June for the date. Thanks for your thoughts and advice, I really haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews out there, so any information you would be willing to share will be helpful.
Diane0977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I did the Greece ABD last year (and I'm sadly aware I never finished my Trip Report. I will!)

It is a FABULOUS trip! I really, really loved that ABD! It's a wonderful mix of history and activity. The food is excellent, and the hotels (especially the one on Crete) are very nice. I was there late May/early June, and the weather was still pretty nice at that point, not too hot. I highly recommend it. Feel free to ask me any questions you have!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Bronxboy52
Earning My Ears

My wife and I are going on the Greek Odyssey tour next week. Although it is an "adults only" trip, I should be able to give you some thoughts when we get back in October. Everyone I know who have been to Greece say it is amazing. We did the Viva Italia trip 4 years ago, so I am very very excited to see how they compare.
Bronxboy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #4
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxboy52 View Post
My wife and I are going on the Greek Odyssey tour next week. Although it is an "adults only" trip, I should be able to give you some thoughts when we get back in October. Everyone I know who have been to Greece say it is amazing. We did the Viva Italia trip 4 years ago, so I am very very excited to see how they compare.
Enjoy!!! You're gonna *love* Greece!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
Diane0977
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the input. I think we'll be happy with less museums, and I'm feeling more comfortable about making the switch from Italy to Greece. The hotels look amazing.

Sayhello, I read the part of your trip report that you've got up. It has been very helpful, and I look forward to reading the rest of it once you've finished...I definitely know how time-consuming they are; I've been trying to finish my Arizona/Utah one! I'll definitely let you know as I come up with specific questions.

Bronxboy52, I am looking forward to hearing your input regarding Greece as well. I'll appreciate your comparison between the Italy and Greece trips, as that's the decision we're trying to make right now.
Diane0977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #6
bliscum
Mouseketeer

I did the Greece trip the first year. It was awesome. All the hotels are great but the best is in Crete.you need to look at the time of year you are going. The volcano walk can be very HOT. The food is the best I have every had, all home made not processed food. All olive oil not butter. Great balance of history and museums. You will thoroughly enjoy this trip.
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM   #7
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

I did the Greek ABD in 2012 and loved it. To date, it's my favorite ABD. The food and hotels are great! I flew in a day early, which gave me 1.5 days to sightsee before the ABD started. I also flew back to Athens for one night after the tour ended. Doing the post night in Athens was cheaper than doing it in Crete and I could visit the final things on my list. I went in June/July and it was hot, but no hotter than it usually gets in the south in the summer.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: