Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
silmarg
SIL

Is ABD still offering 10% discounts while aboard the Fantasy?

I have never been on an ABD, but am looking to do either Back Stage Magic (w podcasters on Feb 2014) or Italy summer 2014 (or delay Italy 'till 2015 should I go to California).

When I was on the Disney Fantasy this past February they offered a 10% ABD discount if you booked while aboard. The ADB guide aboard said the discount is only ever offered on the Fantasy, but its not offered on every sailing. Does any one know if this discount has been offered recently? Or do they just offer it in the months leading to the release of new dates to keep reservations flowing.

Turns out I will be on the Fantasy again at the end of August. If the 10% discount is offered, I would book the Italy trip (since I cant use the discount w the podcast trip). My fear is the podcast trip will be sold out if I wait until I get back from the Fantasy and I could end up being shut out of both trips (well I could still book italy at full price).

Anyone know if the discount is still being offered?
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
I have never been on an ABD, but am looking to do either Back Stage Magic (w podcasters on Feb 2014) or Italy summer 2014 (or delay Italy 'till 2015 should I go to California).

When I was on the Disney Fantasy this past February they offered a 10% ABD discount if you booked while aboard. The ADB guide aboard said the discount is only ever offered on the Fantasy, but its not offered on every sailing. Does any one know if this discount has been offered recently? Or do they just offer it in the months leading to the release of new dates to keep reservations flowing.

Turns out I will be on the Fantasy again at the end of August. If the 10% discount is offered, I would book the Italy trip (since I cant use the discount w the podcast trip). My fear is the podcast trip will be sold out if I wait until I get back from the Fantasy and I could end up being shut out of both trips (well I could still book italy at full price).

Disneynme reported earlier this month that they were offering a 5% discount on ABD's on the Fantasy on their 5/25/13 cruise. But everything I've heard is that it's not always offered. It seems to be almost random which cruises they offer the discount on and which ones they do not.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post

So I haven't listened to the podcast in a while. Are they offering a DIS Exclusive Italy trip, also, next year? I haven't seen anything about it on the Boards, or DU's website...

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
silmarg
SIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
So I haven't listened to the podcast in a while. Are they offering a DIS Exclusive Italy trip, also, next year? I haven't seen anything about it on the Boards, or DU's website...

Sayhello
There is a dis exclusive for Italy in the works. But the timing won't work for us (sept 2014). We were going to Italy on our own.
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
abdmom
DIS Veteran

My dsis just got off the Fantasy on Saturday. There was a 5% discount offered.
abdmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: