Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #121
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Welcome Back PAS!! Glad your trip was wonderful, And Congrats on RPC in September!!

JC--- beautiful picture! I'd swim that far to get to the Grand!

-------------

I just sent IPO my dining requests for December. I've never given up control of them before, so I'm having a bit of a time not wanting to send a note back saying, "I was only kidding, I'll do it myself".

The Epcot restaurants in December, it seems, are not allowing a lot of general bookings due to the Candlelight Processional Packages, so hopefully IPO will be able to book easier than me.
I'm hoping, anyway.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #122
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Welcome Back PAS!! Glad your trip was wonderful, And Congrats on RPC in September!!

-------------

I just sent IPO my dining requests for December. I've never given up control of them before, so I'm having a bit of a time not wanting to send a note back saying, "I was only kidding, I'll do it myself".

The Epcot restaurants in December, it seems, are not allowing a lot of general bookings due to the Candlelight Processional Packages, so hopefully IPO will be able to book easier than me.
I'm hoping, anyway.
Thanks!!! And a little for all your ADRs...LOL about telling IPO nevermind..that would be me

coachbagfanaticpacking my friend
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #123
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

PAS--- I'm so resisting the urge to not send that note- Driving myself crazy! Thanks for the Pixie Dusting!!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #124
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
PAS--- I'm so resisting the urge to not send that note- Driving myself crazy! Thanks for the Pixie Dusting!!
Stay strong...it's the Grand IPO..they got this

bethclayton So sorry No need to reply, sending well wishes..there is always hope..always. Hope your pain is a bit more tolerable
Old 06-08-2012, 05:14 AM   #125
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

So I used online check in the other day even tho we are staying CL, Im intrested to see if there will be any difference.. Like wondering if room will be ready or if check in as a whole will just be faster, or if they still take us to the CL desk..

I know last June I did online check in at CBR(hated CBR) and we checked in at 730 am and our room was ready! Check in was very fast, we were shocked! KTTK were already printed, room assigned, packets put together..The only good thing about that stay..lol
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 06-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #126
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
coachbagfanaticpacking my friend
Oh RPC for your September trip. That's a for you guys.

Surprisingly, no packing yet. DH won't bring the suitcases out of storage yet as I told him about the LMPC. So with his help, I am sticking to it. So far.

I am cheating a little as I have outfits together already hanging in my closet. I can't resist. He doesn't pay attention to that stuff.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #127
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
So I used online check in the other day even tho we are staying CL, Im intrested to see if there will be any difference.. Like wondering if room will be ready or if check in as a whole will just be faster, or if they still take us to the CL desk..

I know last June I did online check in at CBR(hated CBR) and we checked in at 730 am and our room was ready! Check in was very fast, we were shocked! KTTK were already printed, room assigned, packets put together..The only good thing about that stay..lol
We did online check in...love online check in. Our room was ready 1130am, folder ready with KTTW cards. Brought right to our room...IMO the experience was just as magical I know it isn't necessary but I just love checking in from home
Old 06-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #128
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Oh RPC for your September trip. That's a for you guys.

Surprisingly, no packing yet. DH won't bring the suitcases out of storage yet as I told him about the LMPC. So with his help, I am sticking to it. So far.

I am cheating a little as I have outfits together already hanging in my closet. I can't resist. He doesn't pay attention to that stuff.
Not cheating...organizing...yeah organizing...you must be dying Can't wait to hear all about your stay!!!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #129
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Would you say it's quicker when going to Epcot to ride the bus or monorail to ttc and then to Epcot?

Or do you think it's quicker ride monorail to poly and walk to ttc and catch monorail to Epcot?
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 06-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #130
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

So we just booked a studio at the BCV for our next trip in late January. I am SO excited, but am almost sad that we are not staying at the GF instead just because I love planning with all of the awesome posters on this FAQ so much! All of you are ridiculously helpful and friendly, which is a large part of the reason why I had so much fun planning our Dec 2012 GF trip! Can't I just transform this into a BC FAQ so that all of you can answer my questions?

I must admit that I am a bit nervous about staying at a DVC property for the first time... is the vibe a lot different than staying in the actual resort? We have been so spoiled at the deluxe resorts over the years. Regardless, I am excited to return to my beloved BC after neglecting it for over ten years! And, of course, I look forward to visiting the beautiful GF as well.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 06-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #131
CoachBagFanatic

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Not cheating...organizing...yeah organizing...you must be dying Can't wait to hear all about your stay!!!!!
Yeah that's it - organizing. I am dying to pack. I normally would have been packed by now.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #132
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
I must admit that I am a bit nervous about staying at a DVC property for the first time... is the vibe a lot different than staying in the actual resort? We have been so spoiled at the deluxe resorts over the years. Regardless, I am excited to return to my beloved BC after neglecting it for over ten years! And, of course, I look forward to visiting the beautiful GF as well.
Although we have never stayed at the BCV we have stayed at BLT. Background: We have stayed at the GF (RPC many times, SL 1 time and the YC CL (3 times). At first I was truly hesitant about staying at BLT but I have to tell you, we really enjoyed it and we did not feel that the vibe was any different. We stayed in 1 bdrm villa and we will be staying there again in 19 days after our GF RPC stay.

Maybe you should head over to the YC/BC thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2932091 The posters over there are super helpful as well.

The GF is our favorite resort and we are super excited to be going back.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #133
Vicksterp33
Mouseketeer

question about room location

Hi GF lovers!

We are travelling in a couple of weeks to Disney, can't wait!! We are staying off site at a villa for the first 5 days and then GF for the last 2 days. This is something my Mom has always wanted to do. It's her 77th birthday and I thought this would be a great present! I just surprised her yesterday and let her know we would be at the GF for the end of the trip. She's really looking forward to it.

Here's my question. We have paid for a Garden View room (outer bldg). Mom has a heart issue and gets tired easily while walking. We will be using a wheelchair in the parks but not at the resort. When asking for a request for the room, what building is closest to the main building? or what's a good location to get tothe boat/monorail?

Appreciate the help!

Thanks!
first trip to DL:February 10 Hilton Garden Inn
Sept 10 WL Sept 11 Hilton Bonnet Creek
June/July 12 Summer Bay/Grand Floridian
Feb 13 Wydham BC Sept 13 WL/Poly Sept 14 AKL
Old 06-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #134
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicksterp33 View Post
Hi GF lovers!

We are travelling in a couple of weeks to Disney, can't wait!! We are staying off site at a villa for the first 5 days and then GF for the last 2 days. This is something my Mom has always wanted to do. It's her 77th birthday and I thought this would be a great present! I just surprised her yesterday and let her know we would be at the GF for the end of the trip. She's really looking forward to it.

Here's my question. We have paid for a Garden View room (outer bldg). Mom has a heart issue and gets tired easily while walking. We will be using a wheelchair in the parks but not at the resort. When asking for a request for the room, what building is closest to the main building? or what's a good location to get tothe boat/monorail?

Appreciate the help!

Thanks!
Welcome! How wonderful you are giving your mom such a lovely present, I think you will love the GF.

The boat, bus and monorail are in different directions, so no room will be close to all three. Take a look at the map on the first page; the monorail station is in the main building, the boat dock near Conch Key and Narcoossee's. The bus stop is out the front of the main building, near the Convention Center.

The closest non-club level building to the main building is Big Pine Key. Problem is, this is the building that is also closest to the DVC construction! One side of the building overlooks the construction, while the other side faces the courtyard pool - in the past, the courtyard pool was a great view, but they have moved the pool activities from the beach pool to courtyard, so it is noisier in the afternoon/evening. The movie by the pool is also located here, so there will be some noise from around 1 p.m. until the end of the movie.

You could request a room near the boat dock, with a marina view if you want to avoid the noise. Conch Key is my favorite for overall location. You would be close to the courtyard pool, boat dock, Narcoossee's and the marina/Gasparilla's out the back door. Boca Chica is also close to the boat dock, courtyard pool and Narcoossee's, but garden views would put you over the pool. Sago Cay is a good choice, it will be away from the construction and pool noise, and is close to the bus stop and Gasparilla's.

Good luck, I hope this info helps some. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
So we just booked a studio at the BCV for our next trip in late January. I am SO excited, but am almost sad that we are not staying at the GF instead just because I love planning with all of the awesome posters on this FAQ so much! All of you are ridiculously helpful and friendly, which is a large part of the reason why I had so much fun planning our Dec 2012 GF trip! Can't I just transform this into a BC FAQ so that all of you can answer my questions?

We love BC, too! Tried it once in...2003?...and weren't wowed, but went back a couple summers ago and fell in love with the ambiance and proximity to Epcot and DHS.

We have not stayed on the villas side, but I know BCV23 loves it there, spends time there every trip, I think. If she is reading, I hope she'll pop in with her thoughts on the difference between the resort and villas.

Quote:
Would you say it's quicker when going to Epcot to ride the bus or monorail to ttc and then to Epcot?

Or do you think it's quicker ride monorail to poly and walk to ttc and catch monorail to Epcot?
No point in taking the monorail from the GF to the Poly and walking to TTC - the TTC stop is before the Poly from the GF. You could, of course, walk to the Poly and then to the TTC, for some it seems to be an option. (not me, lol) For us, riding to the TTC and catching the Epcot monorail is pretty simple.

Is there still a bus to the TTC from the resorts? I don't remember seeing one in recent years.

Quote:

I think I must be the only one who is having bad luck with online check in. I've tried three times, and each time it has gotten worse! First time was at AKL; we stood in line forever, waiting behind one family, no CM at the monitor. Regular check in CMs nearby, ignoring us while having no one to wait on. After nearly 30 minutes, someone appeared from the back and seemed surprised to see a long line at the online check in counter! We all thought the first family were waiting for a question to be answered, turned out no one had waited on them.

Second and third attempts were at GF. Not much better, no one manning the online check in monitor, regular check in CMs without anything to do but did not come over to ask if we needed help. Those trips, I didn't wait 30 mintues, but gave it 5 or so then asked for help from regular check in. They had a terrible time, as they apparently aren't set up to deal with the online packets. Third time, some of my info was wrong (even though I entered it from home!) and we had to get a manager to fix it - took forever!

I give up - no online check in for me. Kind of sad, as everyone loves doing it, feels like the trip is nearly here.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 06-08-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #135
Vicksterp33
Mouseketeer

thanks for the help

Thanks K&A&C's Mom! Appreciate the help!

I'll just let them know we need to be somewhere close to either the bus OR monorail OR boat. and then take it from there. Really appreciate you taking the time to help out!!

We are so excited! Can't believe we are going to be staying there. We always go for tea at the tea room and now we get to actually stay there too. yay!

Take care!
first trip to DL:February 10 Hilton Garden Inn
Sept 10 WL Sept 11 Hilton Bonnet Creek
June/July 12 Summer Bay/Grand Floridian
Feb 13 Wydham BC Sept 13 WL/Poly Sept 14 AKL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: