Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #91
PrincessShanShan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baler31 View Post
We leave in two days

This will be my last day on the boards as I am entering the frantic packing mode combined with end of school year parties, award ceremonies etc.
If there was a picture or any specific information anyone wanted let me know and I will do my best to get it while at the GF.

Will let everyone know what it is like overlooking the construction as with a queen deluxe in RPC, I feel pretty confident that we will have a birds eye view.

I have a queen dxl RPC room booked for August/September. I can't wait to hear your reviews of the room and construction. PLEASE take some pictures of the room/view and post when you return. I'm looking fwd to hearing your review!
Disneymoon Dec. 2006 BWV & Cont. Atrium Club
~December 22~
Living our happily ever after
Old 06-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #92
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
We leave in two days

This will be my last day on the boards as I am entering the frantic packing mode combined with end of school year parties, award ceremonies etc.
If there was a picture or any specific information anyone wanted let me know and I will do my best to get it while at the GF.

Will let everyone know what it is like overlooking the construction as with a queen deluxe in RPC, I feel pretty confident that we will have a birds eye view.
Have a great trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
coachbagfanatic, last week you were lamenting it was 4 long weeks to go, now it's just 3 short weeks. Next week at this time you will probably be starting the "I have to get this done before I go on vacation chores"!

Cold and dreary here in NJ, however I am not sure I would like to be in 97 degree weather in FL
You know, my DH keeps saying this same thing. He said this morning that it seems like we were at 70 days and now we are at 21. Yes, yes, yes, I am already in the "gotta get this done before we go mode."

We live in Ocean County NJ but I love the hot weather. I have poor blood circulation so it is easier for me to cool off than it is to warm up. So for me the warmer the better.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #93
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We leave in two days

Have the best time! I hope you are back/post before I go...I would love to hear how the construction is affecting the resort. I am staying in a suite that has two rooms (bedroom/living room)...I have no idea where/what kind...it's a conference so we didn't really get any say other than it's a suite! I can't wait to see your pics! One thing I would love to see, if you get a chance, is what the highchairs look like in Gasparillas?

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
Old 06-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #94
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Suites Question

Does anyone know, are all 'suites' club level?

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #95
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysko View Post
Does anyone know, are all 'suites' club level?
Yes! How nice you were able to get a suite with your conference rate - score!

baler31 - aww, I probably missed your send off, I know you said you'd be packing today. I don't know how I ended up missing a day of posting! Safe travels, and have a magical trip.

KCmike - Thanks for the nice compliment, and for the use of your photos. I have so many more to add to the first (second?) page, like shots of the buildings, but I had to take a break.

Love the shot of the courtyard pool, looks so refreshing! We haven't had cold weather, but the view of the pool and palms is beautiful.

CoachBagFanatic - Twenty days to go, you are on the countdown.

MommyGina - Only 42 more days until you are in that photo.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #96
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
CoachBagFanatic - Twenty days to go, you are on the countdown.
I know. Tomorrow we will be in the teens.

I still haven't packed yet. Only because DH didn't bring the suitcases out of storage yet. I started getting all of the dog stuff ready for my DMom. She will be watching my babies for me while we are away. Printed another packing slip even though I have 3 already printed. We will be getting the toiletries box ready this weekend for shipment.

This overwhelming feeling of joy is just taking over me about going back to the GF. I feel like I am getting more and more hormonal the closer we get to our trip.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #97
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Yes! How nice you were able to get a suite with your conference rate - score!
YAY! I know it was an awesome move on the part of the person booking - people who are bringing their families are getting suites, which turns out to be cheaper than 2 rooms it seems. At least with the conference rate - I think really they just aren't fully booked up in the suites area, but the single rooms would be booked up for the conference.

Okay now I need to know EVERYTHING about 'Club' perks. Will spend the day scouring for information!!

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #98
GFmom
Earning My Ears

Requests for Sugar Loaf

Long time lurker finally posting- We are headed down 7/28- 8/4 to Sugar Loaf- Do any of you have suggestions on room requests there? Also which days do they do the Maid Parade? Thanks!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #99
GFmom
Earning My Ears

GF Resort Activities

It has been 9 years since our last trip to GF- Can someone update me on the resort activities we may expect July 28- Aug 4? I have already scheduled the kiddos on the Pirate Adventure.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #100
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

CoachBagFanatic - awww, I'm glad you are finally getting the chance to visit the GF again.

I laughed about your packing slip, you would get along well with DD. I tend to scribble some notes to myself of items I want to be sure get packed, but she makes lists. LOL about the suitcases.

beckysko - Awesome they booked suites for the families, and at a discount. Tough to get a discount on the suites these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFmom View Post
Long time lurker finally posting- We are headed down 7/28- 8/4 to Sugar Loaf- Do any of you have suggestions on room requests there? Also which days do they do the Maid Parade? Thanks!
Quote:
It has been 9 years since our last trip to GF- Can someone update me on the resort activities we may expect July 28- Aug 4? I have already scheduled the kiddos on the Pirate Adventure.
Glad you have come out of lurkdom to join us.

We have had very nice rooms in SL on both the courtyard and marina side. I have some photos of our last view there of the marina, I'll try to get them posted in the next couple days. I had to take a break from all my photo upload work.

What types of activities do you want to know about? Afternoon tea, Wonderland Tea Party, Sea Raycers, etc. or the pool activities? There are various pool games from around 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 or so; at sundown, there is a movie by the pool.

The Adventures in Cooking was discontinued years ago, sorry to say.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #101
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last fall they only had the Parade of Maids on Monday when we were there. We saw them just a few minutes after 8 AM. This picture was taken from our first floor patio in SL.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #102
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

CoachBagFanatic-I am getting excited for you and for everyone headed to the Grand! I love the hot weather too. I do NOT like winter here in Connecticut.

Yes, our trip is coming close. I am trying to figure out when our TA will call with our documents for our trip. I have had a countdown to go back to the GF since the day we came back last year.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #103
jd99
DIS Veteran

Was wondering why I wasn't seeing that anyone was posting to the Grand FAQ thread. You moved!! but I found you..so now i have to repeat myself.

Nine more days to the Grand. Nine more days to the Grand!!!!! A long weekend celebration of the end of school for the year and the end of our annual passes. And the Sugarloaf booking is the surprise for my girls. Can't wait!
_
: Upcoming: BC August 22 Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV, BLT (x3), Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)

Last edited by jd99; 06-06-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #104
pas130
DIS Veteran

YAY a new thread!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
I know. Tomorrow we will be in the teens.

This overwhelming feeling of joy is just taking over me about going back to the GF. I feel like I am getting more and more hormonal the closer we get to our trip.
Just returned home..visited the Grand...it is amazing as always!!! Booked a BB for my Sept trip GV to save $$$ but I feel the need to make a call!!!

Teen dance

k&a&c'smomThanks for the new thread!!!!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #105
beckysko
Mouseketeer

See you there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
Was wondering why I wasn't that anyone was posting to the Grand FAQ thread. You moved!! but I found you..so now i have to repeat myself.

Nine more days to the Grand. Nine more days to the Grand!!!!! A long weekend celebration of the end of school for the year and the end of our annual passes. And the Sugarloaf booking is the surprise for my girls. Can't wait!
_
See you there! It's me, my younger sister, and my almost 8-month-old son! DH will be at his work conference during our GF portion of our trip.

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: