Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #76
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
CoachBagFanatic - hey, yeah, what gives? Why no pretty screen at the beach pool like over there by the Wedding Pavilion?
I don't know. I think it's a good idea to at least have something on that green fence around the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
When we would get back at night- the valets after a couple of days knew us and would greet us by name- "Welcome back Mr and Mrs ______ ! How was your day?"
Makes you feel completely taken care of.

Just another reason to love the Grand!
The last time we had a rental car was back in 2004 and I thought this was the coolest thing that they remembered our names after two days.

Another thing is when you return to the GF for your vacation, they say "Welcome Home". I can't wait to hear these words in 23 days. Ok I am already starting to get teary eyed.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #77
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Standard rooms at the GF have balconies or patios. Dormer rooms have smaller, slightly enclosed balconies, but there is room for, and they have 2 chairs and a table. If you look at the picture below, of Boca Chica you can get a sense of the size of the balconies...then look at the dormer balconies on the top floor, they are smaller. There may be a few rooms that don't have balconies or patios, but I am not aware of them. Perhaps k&a&c'smom knows which rooms.

As for the construction walls, they are by the beach pool, not the larger courtyard pool. Based on all the information and rumors, the feeling is the walls will be up until the completion of the construction. However, Disney never gives out information of that type, so there is always a chance they will come down sooner.
Quote:

Momof2disneyboys - The description "most rooms have balconies" is due to the deluxe king turret rooms in the main building (no balcony), the deluxe garden view rooms (some without a balcony) and the dormer rooms (enclosed balconies). Invariably, if we post "all rooms have balconies" someone points out the deluxe rooms! The vast majority of rooms at the GF have patios or balconies.

The dormer rooms are on the upper floors of each building, and have an enclosed balcony that is somewhat smaller than the open balconies on the lower floors. Still a full balcony, there are chairs and a table, not a standing Juliet balcony like at the BC.

ETA: Jungle Cruiser, I should have given it a few minutes - you have done an excellent job explaining the balcony situation.:

Thank you both so much for your responses. That really helps!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #78
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

This isn't strictly Resort related, but WDW ticket prices increase starting tomorrow. If you are planning a trip, it may be wise to purchase today.

Momof2disneyboys - you're welcome.

CoachBagFanatic - I know, a pretty screen print of the lagoon would make the pool feel less enclosed, I think.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #79
CoachBagFanatic

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
This isn't strictly Resort related, but WDW ticket prices increase starting tomorrow. If you are planning a trip, it may be wise to purchase today.

CoachBagFanatic - I know, a pretty screen print of the lagoon would make the pool feel less enclosed, I think.
We already purchased our tickets.

Maybe if they have a suggestion box when we go I will fill out a card regarding the pretty screen on the fence.

Boy this is one occasion that I can't argue with DH.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #80
David 1980
Disney Dad of 5

GF and water

I am wondering if I can order Water from Costco to be shipped to GF for our trip in a few weeks?
Old 06-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #81
dragonfly57005
DIS Veteran

I've always Ordered from garden grocer.com
Old 06-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #82
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 1980 View Post
I am wondering if I can order Water from Costco to be shipped to GF for our trip in a few weeks?
yes, you can.

thank you to everyone who wished me well! i appreciate it. i broke both my elbow and my wrist, and also tore a ligament in my wrist/ hand, while helping at the special olympics, of all things! of course, it is my right arm. it actually happened about 10 days after i returned from the gf. it has been over a month and the recovery is not going well. none of it is healed and i may need surgery. to be honest, it has been really rough. dh works until 11 pm weeknights and i can not do much for myself, let alone for my kids. the doctor said i may never regain full function of my hand and arm and if i do, it will be months. sorry to be such a downer! i appreciate the get well wishes. i will be reading but will not post much, my left hand/ arm are killing me from overuse. i try to keep typing to a minimum, but since today is a weekend i could type a bit since i have been resting the left.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #83
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I can't recall if this has already been posted:

Narcoossee’s restaurant at the Grand Floridian Resort will be closed for maintenance from July 7 through July 21, 2012 and Citricos restaurant at the Grand Floridian Resort will be closed for maintenance from July 23 through August 3.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #84
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post

Boy this is one occasion that I can't argue with DH.

bethclayton - I'm so sorry to hear about your injury, what a tough time you've had. I hope the doctor is wrong, and is simply giving the worst case scenario. If it helps at all, I broke my left ankle twice (tri-malleolar and fibula the first time, bi-malleolar the second), and had surgery after the second time with plate, screws, pin. The doctor told me I would be lucky to walk normally, and would never be able to run again. I was quite young at the time (30?) and felt awful, but I was able to get back nearly the full range of motion for many years. I can run, though I rarely do now, lol.

I have arthritis in that ankle now, but I worked a job where I stood on concrete for 8+ hours, so that didn't help. Good luck, I hope you begin to see improvement soon, I'm sure that will help your mental progress as well. Big hugs to you, I hope reading along with us brightens the mood.

David 1980 - as others have already posted, many people order water and groceries, you shouldn't have any problems.

WDWKOOK - Thanks for the info, that will be disappointing news for anyone at the GF (and elsewhere in the World) during those weeks.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #85
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
k&a&c'smom Thanks so much for all of your hard work and dedication that you have given to all of us GF junkies. You rock.
k&a&c'smom, All I can say is wow. Fantastic work and thanks for using some of my shots. I am honored.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 06-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #86
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Thought I would bring back some old memories...

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 06-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #87
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

That picture is awesome, especially on a very cool and cloudy day here in Connecticut. I'm wondering if summer will ever show up here. Good thing in 43 days we will be at the Grand!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #88
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
That picture is awesome, especially on a very cool and cloudy day here in Connecticut. I'm wondering if summer will ever show up here. Good thing in 43 days we will be at the Grand!
I was just saying this to my DH this morning. We live in NJ and it's definitely not June weather. I think DH said it was 97 in Orlando yesterday. Now that's my kind of weather. 21 more days for us until we arrive at our beloved GF. Ok every time I say that or type it I get teary eyed. Boy I am so emotional. I think it's because the last time we stayed at the GF was 2008. Long over due.

Great photo KCmike
Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #89
baler31
DIS Veteran

We leave in two days

This will be my last day on the boards as I am entering the frantic packing mode combined with end of school year parties, award ceremonies etc.
If there was a picture or any specific information anyone wanted let me know and I will do my best to get it while at the GF.

Will let everyone know what it is like overlooking the construction as with a queen deluxe in RPC, I feel pretty confident that we will have a birds eye view.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #90
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

baler31, have a wonderful trip! We will look forward to hearing all about the GF, not just the construction but also the wonderful things that make it special

coachbagfanatic, last week you were lamenting it was 4 long weeks to go, now it's just 3 short weeks. Next week at this time you will probably be starting the "I have to get this done before I go on vacation chores"!

kcmike, good to see you as always. Thank you for the beautiful photo!

Cold and dreary here in NJ, however I am not sure I would like to be in 97 degree weather in FL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: