Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #31
micknme
Mouseketeer

I love this thread. Thank you so much for all your hard work. Can't wait for our upcoming trip in October.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #32
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Lulu'sMom - thanks! How is the pool exercise going? Good, I hope.

brsirak - thanks for the compliment, and you're welcome. Everyone who posts here contributes to the knowledge base, I just compile it.

beckysko - I decided to add the menu rather than links, see how I like the look of it for a while. I have a 2011 menu, I think it is the same, but I need to find it to be sure. My scanner is out of commission at the moment, but I think I can get it to work if I need to - not sure why I left the 2010 menu when I got the new one!

As I said, I think it is mostly the same, although someone recently mentioned they do not have the lobster mac 'n cheese now. (WDWKOOK, was that you?)

Jungle Cruiser - I know, it's hard to see those photos of the view toward the Wedding Chapel and Poly, isn't it? I left them there for now, I just couldn't delete them yet.

I did go in after your comment and add that these were prior to the DVC construction, but I may end up putting in something else in their place. They are still on the old thread, right?! (consoling myself, lol)

Thanks for that link, I hadn't looked at allears recently - I'm off to view their photos.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #33
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Does anyone have experiences with being Gluten Free and staying CL?

I've gone gluten free since our stay in SL last Sept, so this is new territory for me. Looking back at what we had as far as food choices- the options may be limited for me.

I received the email from IPO a few days ago to fill out so I'm guessing I just need to mention it to them?

Any first hand knowledge or experience would be awesome-

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #34
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Does anyone have experiences with being Gluten Free and staying CL?

I've gone gluten free since our stay in SL last Sept, so this is new territory for me. Looking back at what we had as far as food choices- the options may be limited for me.

I received the email from IPO a few days ago to fill out so I'm guessing I just need to mention it to them?

Any first hand knowledge or experience would be awesome-

Thanks!
I know that the chef will help anyone out with dietary restrictions. You can mention it to IPO, but the more important thing is to talk to a concierge CM when you get there, and they will have you talk to someone from the kitchen. They will let you know what you can have and will also provide options.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #35
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

JoBird - someone recently posted they had asked about gluten free options, and it was noted on their reservation. When they arrived, the Chef met with them and provided suggestions and maybe even special food items? I hope whoever it was reads this and posts. ETA: I see Jungle Cruiser is on top of it!

micknme - thanks, very sweet of you. October is a wonderful time in the World, one of our favorite months.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 05-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #36
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

beckysko - I decided to add the menu rather than links, see how I like the look of it for a while. I have a 2011 menu, I think it is the same, but I need to find it to be sure. My scanner is out of commission at the moment, but I think I can get it to work if I need to - not sure why I left the 2010 menu when I got the new one!

As I said, I think it is mostly the same, although someone recently mentioned they do not have the lobster mac 'n cheese now.
Looks good - although you might add a link to somewhere that includes prices? (Oooooh so easy for me to say, sitting here on my couch watching you do all the work).

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
Old 05-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #37
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

JC-- thanks so much for that info! I will make sure to talk with a CM once we check in. I know it's a long time away yet, but it's best to be prepared. I didn't want to have to head to Publix or Whole Foods once we got on property.

k&a&c'smom-- y'all are both just so fast! Thank you!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #38
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Beautiful new FAQ, k&a&c'smom. Thanks for your work.

Don't know if everyone has seen this link with photos of the construction:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Disn...nstruction.htm

We returned from a WDW trip last week. Wonderful time as always. Although we didn't stay at the GF, like k&a&c'smom, we couldn't stay away. Had a lovely lunch at the Cafe and another day we were at the GF for breakfast. Does anyone have simple directions on posting a photo from an iphone? I emailed it to myself and some friends but it appears upside down when I open it. Anyway, they started work on the second level of one wing while we were having lunch last Monday.

While we were there, no pool games were going on so the courtyard was peaceful as ever. I actually thought the activity pool looked busier than usual. Maybe guests who never venture that far actually notice the pool now. I suppose for a couple hours in the afternoon when the games are going on, the noise would affect some guests. For guests who spend the afternoon in the parks, I doubt there is any difference.

The lobby was as peaceful as ever.

Hope everyone is well. CoachBagFanatic, I know you are getting close!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #39
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysko View Post
Looks good - although you might add a link to somewhere that includes prices? (Oooooh so easy for me to say, sitting here on my couch watching you do all the work).
No worries! Good idea, it didn't even occur to me there were no prices on the menu. I'll add a link to the allears menu listing, it says it was updated March 2012.

JoBird - I'm trying to wait a bit and let others answer, I know everyone likes to be able to pay it forward.

BCV23 - Hello, my friend! Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen it yet.

Sorry, can't help with the iPhone - as previously discussed, I'm data challenged.

You may be right about the fencing drawing attention to the location of the beach pool. We, too, noticed quite a number of people in it while there, which is why I didn't feel comfortable snapping a pic of the entire pool area. I had to be content with the shots of the fencing along the pathway.

Jungle Cruiser - I finally made it to the link you provided, great shots on allears DVC news!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #40
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Bravo!

I love all the new photos, k&a&c'smom - great work!

Here is the link to the latest DVC update on the construction. It also links to past updates and includes this blueprint:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/compone...n-photo-update
Old 05-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #41
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Beautiful new FAQ, k&a&c'smom. Thanks for your work.

Don't know if everyone has seen this link with photos of the construction:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Disn...nstruction.htm

We returned from a WDW trip last week. Wonderful time as always. Although we didn't stay at the GF, like k&a&c'smom, we couldn't stay away. Had a lovely lunch at the Cafe and another day we were at the GF for breakfast. Does anyone have simple directions on posting a photo from an iphone? I emailed it to myself and some friends but it appears upside down when I open it. Anyway, they started work on the second level of one wing while we were having lunch last Monday.

While we were there, no pool games were going on so the courtyard was peaceful as ever. I actually thought the activity pool looked busier than usual. Maybe guests who never venture that far actually notice the pool now. I suppose for a couple hours in the afternoon when the games are going on, the noise would affect some guests. For guests who spend the afternoon in the parks, I doubt there is any difference.

The lobby was as peaceful as ever.

To post most easily from an iPhone use SnapBucket (PhotoBucket app. for iPhones). You can download the app. for free from the iTunes Store and all you do is touch the app icon on your screen, take the photo and it automagically uploads it and produces an IMG code that you can use to post.

If you didn't use SnapBucket to take the photo, you'll have to actually upload the photo to your PhotoBucket, or other photo sharing/posting site in order to generate an IMG code and edit it or flip it in your case.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #42
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

WDWKOOK - You are awesome! Thanks for the blueprint update, very interesting. I didn't even notice that when I looked at the photos earlier!

Automagically - yuck, yuck!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #43
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
WDWKOOK - You are awesome! Thanks for the blueprint update, very interesting. I didn't even notice that when I looked at the photos earlier!

Automagically - yuck, yuck!
You're welcome. The blueprint is actually in the comments section.

Oh, and I love the new and improved thread title - very fancy-schmancy and befitting of your beloved GF
Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #44
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Coachbagfanatic, I missed the post about what you are doing about the cabanas, but I gather from responses you can cancel when you get there if you chose to? Great plan.
Yeah, I think so. DH wanted to schedule it for the morning instead of the afternoon but I figured bye the time we arrive that will be after our 24 hr window to cancel. My DH made a very good suggestion before that they should have painted something on the fence by the zero entry side of the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Hey my good friend. Good to see you. Yes, it is getting closer and we are super happy that we are staying at the GF again. It's been a long time coming and the construction is not even bothering us any more. Just to know that we are going to be there, if only for two nights, we are happy with that. DH reminds me several times a day how many more days we have left.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #45
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

GF Transportation input

Hi folks - I'm looking for some opinions about transportation WITHIN WDW while staying at the GF. We will be renting a car for the last 3-4 days (while at the beach or Universal) of our 10 day trip but I'm considering getting one for the entire trip and using it while we are at WDW first.

My main reason is that the last 2 times we stayed at the CR, transportation to any park other than MK was quite time consuming and kind of a hassle. We have 3 young kids and a double stroller. We go back to the resort every day for naps. So, unpacking and loading our crew and STUFF onto and off of buses 4 times a day gets old.

Also, at the CR, we were the 1st stop to get picked up so we had no problem getting on a bus. But at GF, it'll be the 2nd or 3rd stop so I'm concerned about NOT getting on a bus and having to wait for the next. Missing RD by 20-30 minutes because of having to wait for a bus can really mess with one's touring plan. And at the end of the day, that's all that much later to get the kids to bed.

Also, it just seemed to take unnecessarily long to get to the parks via bus (and monorail switch to Epcot). It seems like I should be able to drive myself so much more quickly - no?

That said, we've never driven ourselves to and from the parks. Anyone have experience that they'd like to comment on? I realize the self park is a bit of a hike at GF. That in itself could take up a bit of time in the morning. We will be there for a conference - is that conference parking lot for daytime hours only or could we park there overnight since we are there for the conference?

I sense this might be one of those "the grass is always greener on the other side" situations and that driving ourselves may not be that great of an option. But I'd sure like to hear from people no matter what opinion! Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: