Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #1891
pas130
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving to my GF peeps!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #1892
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisamymc View Post
Do all rooms get chocolate covered strawberries, a rose, card, etc or was that concierge level?
We were just in a regular room, not concierge level. I'm not sure how it all works, but I was extremely surprised and so appreciative!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #1893
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

It doesn't happen very often.. sometimes if they know you are celebrating something but even then... it's never guaranteed...

In other words... don't expect it... be surprised if it happens...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 11-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #1894
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Just looked at the pictures of Sandy Cove, it looks great. It is nice to see all the Disney Resort themed merchandise

I was happy to see the GF Spa is opening in mid December. It is just so great to see things that have been under construction begin to reopen. I think having the spa open again may help to make the walk from the GF to the Polynesian seem less like walking through a construction area.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #1895
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Just looked at the pictures of Sandy Cove, it looks great. It is nice to see all the Disney Resort themed merchandise

I was happy to see the GF Spa is opening in mid December. It is just so great to see things that have been under construction begin to reopen. I think having the spa open again may help to make the walk from the GF to the Polynesian seem less like walking through a construction area.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!
My girls and I are planning a Spa day already!!! Since they are little, it will be mani/pedis...the new Spa looks great!! Ahhhhh, trying not to wish 2013 away to get to Summer
Old 11-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #1896
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hello, GF lovers!! Sorry I've been MIA, it has been a very busy week. I'll catch up on the last few pages later today.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and for those of you who braved Black Friday - hope you scored some huge bargains!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #1897
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Does anyone know if the GF still sells roasted chestnuts? They used to have a gentleman roasting them outside by the valet and selling them for a few bucks a cup...usually in the afternoon up to 6pm.

My hubby just loved this and is hoping it is still happening
Old 11-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #1898
Mouseturtle
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow, tomorrow

I'll be there, tomorrow!!

Watch for pictures and updates! Hooray for my ticker!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #1899
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Does anyone know if the GF still sells roasted chestnuts? They used to have a gentleman roasting them outside by the valet and selling them for a few bucks a cup...usually in the afternoon up to 6pm.

My hubby just loved this and is hoping it is still happening
Yes, they still roast them outside the entrance in the afternoon, at least as of last year. However, we never had to pay for them, they were complimentary.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #1900
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Yes, they still roast them outside the entrance in the afternoon, at least as of last year. However, we never had to pay for them, they were complimentary.
It's been a few years for me, but I never remember paying for them either.

Mouseturtle, enjoy your trip, I can't wait to see pictures!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #1901
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Went to the Grand last night to buy Gingerbread and soap . Forgot to get my annual gingerbread house pin when I was at the House and went into Sandy Cove to pick it up. Smaller, less cluttered and brighter than before.

Also had lunch at BOG...what a room!!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #1902
Tam1067
LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

I am very excited. We will be arriving at our favorite resort in just a little over five weeks!

Whole story: this is a split stay with the first five being a 1 bedroom at BLT, from 12/28-1/2. Then we are switching to the GF on 1/3 through 1/6. I had originally booked a SL room, but she the new AP rates came out, four nights in a GV was $955 less than those same in SL. My kids were mad (they love the lounge), but I could not justify that much extra cost.

Anyway, I'm excited if a little worried that the experience will be disappointing after we've grown to love the lounge on our last few trips. I'm excited to see the new and improved Gasparilla's, and I'm so hoping that pool is done by then too.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #1903
tamj
Earning My Ears

Just opened a letter from the Grand. We're due to arrive Dec 16th...not too long!

It basically just want us to be aware of all of the construction ongoing, and to tel us what they've done to make sure we still have a good vacation. For instance, GG is closed, the pool bar/grill is improved and opened, etc.

As mentioned, the Spa will reopen on Dec 17th. That's great! However, the courtyard pool isn't expected to open until "Spring 2013." Something must have gone really wrong there as they told us it would be open Dec 16th, too.

It gave no date for GG.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #1904
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamj View Post
Just opened a letter from the Grand. We're due to arrive Dec 16th...not too long!

It basically just want us to be aware of all of the construction ongoing, and to tel us what they've done to make sure we still have a good vacation. For instance, GG is closed, the pool bar/grill is improved and opened, etc.

As mentioned, the Spa will reopen on Dec 17th. That's great! However, the courtyard pool isn't expected to open until "Spring 2013." Something must have gone really wrong there as they told us it would be open Dec 16th, too.

It gave no date for GG.
Spring 2013!!!!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #1905
Tam1067
LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamj

It gave no date for GG.
This makes me nervous. I hope GG is on schedule.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: