Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #16
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

Love the surprise trip for the girls! Looking forward to reading more!

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #17
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Hello,
You got a couple of cute kiddos there! Im so jealous that your little one is potty trained already. Were having a HUGE problem with my son, hes terrified of his training toilet and I dont know what to do about it? Everyone says hell give me clues when hes ready and to be patient I think hes ready, but I cant get him past his fear I really, really need him potty trained before we go on our trip in November. I guess he wont be allowed in the pools on the Dream and wont be able to go into the kids clubs if hes still in diapers. Were having a hard time transitioning him into a regular bed too hes just one big pain in the tush, its a good thing hes so cute.

I love your autograph books, very cute. My daughter LOVES getting autographs from the characters, its one of her favorite things to do when on our Disney vacations. Sometimes I think she enjoys that more than the rides.
Youll love CBR We stayed there for our honeymoon and our 2 year anniversary. I loved the sandy beach and the hammocks. I remember laying out on those at night with my hubby and just staring at the stars reminiscing about our day at the park.. Id really like to stay there again someday but wanted something different for our upcoming trip. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #18
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post
Joining in!

Love the surprise trip for the girls! Looking forward to reading more!
Welcome! Thanks for joining me!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Hello,
You got a couple of cute kiddos there! Im so jealous that your little one is potty trained already. Were having a HUGE problem with my son, hes terrified of his training toilet and I dont know what to do about it? Everyone says hell give me clues when hes ready and to be patient I think hes ready, but I cant get him past his fear I really, really need him potty trained before we go on our trip in November. I guess he wont be allowed in the pools on the Dream and wont be able to go into the kids clubs if hes still in diapers. Were having a hard time transitioning him into a regular bed too hes just one big pain in the tush, its a good thing hes so cute.

I love your autograph books, very cute. My daughter LOVES getting autographs from the characters, its one of her favorite things to do when on our Disney vacations. Sometimes I think she enjoys that more than the rides.
Youll love CBR We stayed there for our honeymoon and our 2 year anniversary. I loved the sandy beach and the hammocks. I remember laying out on those at night with my hubby and just staring at the stars reminiscing about our day at the park.. Id really like to stay there again someday but wanted something different for our upcoming trip. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Thanks for joining me! I potty trained my youngest a little younger than her sister so we would have enough time of being out of diapers for the trip. My oldest potty trained at 20 months. It helped having an older sister using the potty. For both of my girls, I went the straight to undies route. Let them run naked for a week and reward with loud cheers and dancing when anything gets in the potty. Took my oldest a week before she started letting us know she had to go but only took the babe 3 days. I started shortly after she turned 18 months and shes been in big girl pants since. We didnt use a little potty for either one but I did use one of those little seats that attach to the big seat. She was nervous about falling in without it. I have heard that boys can be more tricky. Good luck!

Surprising the Littles, DxDP, CBR and MNSSHP!! A Late Sept/Early Oct 2012 PTR

April 2010: First Ever Trip! DD1 2 1/2yr, DD2 in the womb
disprincessesmom1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #19
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

Day 3 Plans

Ok so as I said, I revised day 2's plans. Arrival day is all set in stone and nothing needs changed on that. The flight will leave in the morning and my first stop will always be Magic Kingdom!

So after realizing that park hopping on the same day as an early breakfast at a resort and also doing MNSSHP, I changed Sun the 30th's plans to spend all day at MK with a QS lunch and QS dinner. I may decide to park hop to Epcot mid day for lunch since it is DBF fave park and I only planned one day there. Granted it is a full day of more than 12 hours there. Its not my fave park, can you tell?

So day 3 will now be....

Hollywood Studios!!!

Mon Oct 1st
I am planning for us to sleep in a little. We dont have an early breakfast scheduled this day. We will prob grab some breakfast at the resort before heading over to HS. Since I changed HS to day 3 I can schedule a sit down lunch, so I chose...Hollywood & Vine. Yep another character meal for the girls. I am hoping that since there isnt much that we have to do other than some autographs at HS that we will get it all done and be able to leave at 530p without needing to come back another day. Then its off to MK for a dinner ressie at 645 at Liberty Tree and enjoy EMH until 12p.

Hopefully this wont all need to be changed yet again.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

A little Disney fun

And since my day plans dont have much fun and no pictures I thought I would post the pictures of our cute Disney toes...

Aaralynn's toes. She wanted hers to be Mickey. I attempted to draw a mickey head in the corner but its didnt turn out right.

Piper didnt pick Minnie but she was the first ones I did and I wanted to try Minnie ones. She has whote dots on four toes and a black bow on her big toes.

Mine are a french manicure style with minnie dots and a small bow on each toe.

I'm really happy with how they turned out and may have to try other disney characters.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #21
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

Mailing to the Resort

So I discovered thanks to the DIS that I can mail things to the resort. When we went in 2010 it was mine and my daughter's first time flying. Ok technically I flew on an army plane as a baby and I flew a small Cessna in high school, but I never had to go through airport security. I packed our 311 bags and only had the TSA agent ask us how many seats we had since I put them all together. We also ran out of spray sunscreen since it couldnt be more than 3oz and paid a fortune at Disney.
This time around there is higher security, I have four people to pack for, and we struggled with 3 suitcases last trip trying to get on the plane with a 2yo, I have to minimize.

I plan on only packing two suitcases, its way too hard for two adults to get kids to walk ahead while trying to handle more than one suitcase each. We may have one large backpack but depends on if it can fit in the suitcase. The girls will each have a small backpack to carry with some stuff to entertain on the plane and bus. I will get into all that in a future post.

So here are some pics of my box:

Ok so what is in here:
1. 1 travel size bottle of shampoo and conditioner (treseme)
Jason will gladly use the resort shampoo and from previous visit at my parents I know one travel size will last me and the girls about a week.
2.Samples: I have samples of nexxus and garnier shampoos and conditioners that I got free just in case. I also just got a very small bottle sample of Treseme in the mail yesterday that needs to go in this box.
3.travel deodorant- jason has stick deodorant as well as spry and i have my stick deodorant
4. 4 travel size toothpaste
5. q tips
6. soap - a full size bar since I already have it. i'll just throw out what is left before we come home
7. travel size mousse and hairspray for my hair
8. $1 nail clippers and nail file. Jason has to clip his nails daily. he's a guitar player so its a habit hes had for a long time. i know they are allowed on the plane but i will prob just toss them because TSA makes me nervous.
9.acne cleanser- after hitting my 20s i tend to have outbreaks and I know the heat will def affect me.
10. hand sanitizer- i have a few bottles in here as well as one larger bottle with a clip on it. because of security I wont want to have it in my 311 and then have to dig out of my bag on the plane so I will carry some wipes and grab it out of the box at check in
11. gum
12. purex laundry soap tablet (another free sample, just in case we need to do laundry)
13. tide 1 load laundry detergent (bought for $1 at target)
14. glowsticks-(which apparently count as fluids and need to be in a 311 bag) have have two wands for each of my girls as well as a fancy fiber optic looking one all from the dollar tree. i also bought the 15 pack of bracelets that they can connect to make necklaces. much cheaper than the ones in Disney. (thanks DIS)
15. antibacterial wipes

I still need to add toothbrushes (cheap ones that I will just toss), a large can of sunscreen, and an over the door organizer to hold it all at the resort.

I will still have to have 311 bags but I only get 2 since we will only have 2 carryons. I may be allowed 3 since I paid for 3 seats but Im not counting on it. I do not want any reason for the TSA to cause me trouble. We had no problems on our last trip but that was before pat downs and scans being the norm. I will gladly do the scan as I DO NOT want someone touching me. Hopefully both of my girls will be able to hold still and cooperate for the scan. As a child sexual abuse victim I will not stand for someone touching my children. So heres to hoping all this planning makes things run super smooth.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #22
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

Day 4 Plans

So Ive been away from the DIS a bit lately. Its been really hot here and we have been out enjoying DFIL pool. I started working on the costumes for MNSSHP but havent gotten past one mask. I just havent had the time. I did finish one MNSSHP autograph book but still need to do the second.

On to Day 4 Plans:

This will be our Animal Kingdomday!!

We didnt care for AK on our first visit but we love the zoo and have an annual membership to our local one. We did like the Kilamanjaro Safari and Tusker House but not much else. I think we may have missed some stuff on our first visit and we didnt make it in time for Pocohantas. They cut the line off right in front of us after we had been waiting a bit. I understand the CM get hot and tired and such but seriously there was no one else behind us.
We have ADRs for Tusker House at 9am (which is a little early after EMH till 12a the night before but all well)
Then we will tour the park until close or sooner if we grow bored. We can ride a few more rides this time as I am not pregnant and our oldest is finally 40".
After the park we will hang out and relax at the resort. We could go to another park and may for fireworks or something but I'm not planning on it. Its the only day that I have resort time planned. Though I do have a few times midday that it would be ok to go back to CBR.

I specifically told DBF that he has to take the girls to play somewhere while I get at least an hour of laying in a hammock and reading.

I have a few more things to buy for the trip and alot of stuff to make. We have 101 days to go. Brave comes out on Friday but we will wait to see it on the 29th which is the day we will start giving the girls clues. I'm excited and nervous to give them clues. Aaralynn is too smart for her own good.

Coming next Day 5 plans, Mickey's Grand Welcome, and costumes!!

Old 06-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #23
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

Double Digit Dance

98 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

:b anana:
:d ance3:

Can you tell I'm excited?

Old 06-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #24
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

Day 5 Plans

I missed posting about 99 days yesterday but I did post that we are at 98 DAYS today.

So day 5 will be Epcot!

This day will be very long but laid back.
We have an early morning ADR for Ohana.
I did make a lunch ADR at Rose & Crown
And a dinner ADR at Via Napoli

Other than Ohana we can always cancel something if we dont want to eat. I made ressies just in case but plan on snacking during F&W

This is DBF fave park. I think because he likes ethnic food and because he likes the buildings. I'm not super wowed by it but I like the buildings and plan to explore the shopping more this trip.

I just ordered small photo albums from walmart with passport images found on the DIS. I hope they turn out good. That should help keep us girls more entertained and of course there are the characters. Last visit Aaralynn got a kiss on the cheek from Mulan and Ariel. She also got one from another but I cant remember and it was a different park.
I am printing coupons for the girls to do pick a pearl in Japan. I had no idea that was something offered. I ordered carriage pearl cage charms from ebay and will pack as a morning surprise for us girls.

There are EMH till 12am this day and we will prob be there that late. We may take a midday break but since its our only Epcot day we prob wont.

Our must dos for this park are the passports, characters, pick a pearl, and whatever rides we can. Nothing is do or die for us at any park.

Next up...Day 6

Old 06-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

Day 6 Plans

This is our leaving day

Our plane doesnt leave until 620pm (as long as delta doesnt change that) so we have alot of time to make a few stops. This will be our last minute must dos. Mostly characters we missed or rides that we decided we really wanted to do. Our flight is only 2 1/2 hrs so we should be back home by 10pm as long as the airport isnt too crowded.

This will be my least fave day.

Up next: MNSSHP, what to wear???

Old 06-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #26
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

WHAT TO WEAR...to MNSSHP??

So on Sept 30th we will get to go to MNSSHP. I already bought and printed our tickets. Packed and ready to go in the suitcase, but what to wear??
After a lengthy discussion and bouncing around ideas we have decided to go as.....
A Club Penguin (daddy) and his pet Puffles (us girls)

I have to make the costumes but I have the images in my head already. I bought the fabric for Jasons and I already had material for us girls. I will be a purple puffle, Aaralynn a light blue puffle, and Piper a pink puffle. I cant wait to get them made and packed away!! I will post pictures as soon as I get them done.

Up next...A recap on park days w/ ADRs and must dos (as I need to see it in one place, )

Old 06-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #27
mxkris
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh the costumes sound too cute! I don't know anything about club penguin since I don't have any kids but I can only imagine that a puffle is something adorable! I can't wait to see pics!! I like the the group costume ideas and I'm sure you'll be very original! Great pick!!

Wilderness Lodge -1994 Fort Wilderness Cabin - May 2004 - HS Graduation Offsite - September 2010 CBR - September 2012 CBR - September 2013 runDisney Enchanted 10k - February 2014 OKW runDisney Tot Ten Miler! - October 2014 POP
mxkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #28
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkris View Post
Oh my gosh the costumes sound too cute! I don't know anything about club penguin since I don't have any kids but I can only imagine that a puffle is something adorable! I can't wait to see pics!! I like the the group costume ideas and I'm sure you'll be very original! Great pick!!
Thank you. I am so excited to make the costumes. Its gonna be tough doing them without the girls catching sight of them. Wish me luck!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #29
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

MIA for too Long

So its been tough to get on and make any updates with my oldest being SUPER nosy lately. I have gotten some stuff done and will be posting pics very soon. Just wanted anyone following to know I havent disappeared.

Coming up...ADR cards, girls travel bags, and Mickey's Grand Welcome (mommy's version)

Old 06-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #30
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

I'm still reading! Congrats on reaching double digits!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cbr, countdown, ptr, surprise, traveling with kids

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: