Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Pre-Trip Report(20) - Guess Who's Going On Vacation With Me??

Pre-Trip Report - 20 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

Well, I'll be on vacation and technically, they'll be working. Mitt Romney and President Obama are speaking at a Latino Leadership Conference on June 21 and 22nd.

My only saving grace is that fortunately we have our BLT stay June 16-18. We move to BWV for second part of trip and can avoid MK. I'm hoping we can get all our MK joy in before any crowd/security madness begins. DW expects they'll shut down the Resort monorail that rides through the CR.

On our second trip to the World, we sat next to a former US President. No joke. We were waiting for the Lion King show to start at AK and just before the show started, we noticed some secret service guys come in. The two rows below us were reserved and we were in the fourth row. I first noticed Rosalind Carter, Amy Carter and her husband. Immediately following them, along came Jimmy Carter and a large family entourage. Kind of cool.

What do you think this June's VIP entourage may do for MK area ?
Have you ever experienced someone famous while visiting WDW?

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

DVC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Oh, this has me worried...

We have our final family dinner planned at Chef Mickey's on June 22nd! The current plan is to hit the MK after dinner for evening EMH to close out our trip since we return home on the 23rd.

How were the crowds the last time Obama spoke? Didn't he speak in front of the castle in the MK? Will the fact that he will not be at the park, but rather at a resort, increase the park crowds?

Ugh...I wouldn't worry so much about this being disruptive if it were at the beginning or in the middle of the trip, but since it is going to be our LAST DAY, I'm nervous.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: