Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #16
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz2notz View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your trip report and your travels in purchasing DVC.

I love, love, love your pictures. They are so beautiful and bring back such wonderful memories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaSingersLaundry View Post
Beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing. Congrats on your accepted offer! We are right with you, also waiting on ROFR. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on this deal and that the perfect BCV contract comes along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoleary View Post
Congratulations on your decision to purchase at VWL. Your trip report was great and your pictures are amazing! What tools do you use for the post processing??
Thank you for the kind comments.

Regarding photo processing, I use Lightroom 4 for photos taken with my Canon 5D. The more heavily processed ones I run through Photomatix, then go back and play with layers and masks in Photoshop (still work to do on some of these). Snapshots with my Point & Shoot camera and iPhone are processed in iPhoto on my iPad.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
nickspace
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the excellent report. I really enjoyed reading it and feel that you made the correct choice.

The pictures were wonderful!

nickspace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #18
ccigliano
DVC Member WLV

Good Luck on the VWL contract and from one VWL owner to a soon to be other - you made the right choice. Home resort advantage for the smaller resorts is a must because there will be a time when you want to travel at popular times like early December for the holiday festivites.
Off Site Dec 97 ~ CSR Dec 98 ~ OKW Dec 99 ~ OKW Dec 00 ~ WLV Dec 01 ~ WLV Mar 02 ~ WLV Dec 02 ~ WLV Dec 03 ~ WLV Nov 04 ~ WLV Feb 05 ~ SSR/WLV Dec 05 ~ WLV May 06 ~ WLV Nov 06 ~ WLV Dec07 ~ SSR Apr 08 ~ OKW Sep 08 ~ WLV Nov/Dec 08 ~ WLV Dec 09 ~ AKV KSV Feb 10 ~ BLT LV May 10 ~ SSR Sep 10 ~ WLV Nov 10 ~ SSR Jan11 ~ WLV/BCV Mar 11~Dream/WLV Dec 11~WLV Feb 12~Grand Floridian/WLV Dec12~WLV Jan13~WLV Mar 13~WLV Dec 13

ccigliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

I was on the edge of my seat to find out if you bought! I'm glad you both fell in love with DVC and I hope you get lots of great DVC vacations!

I loved your pictures. Your firework ones are so nice! All of your pictures were fun to look at - some of them look like oil paintings!
Leitadala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #20
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Again, congrats on your decision. Great choices. Thanks for sharing your process.

Your photos are truly spectacular!!!!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Thank you, nickspace, ccigliano, Leitadala, and DizBub. It was nice of you to comment.

Everything is going smoothly with our process so far. It's been sent to ROFR, and the sellers responded quickly to our request to bank the 2011 points - which hopefully bodes well for all of us wrt quick paperwork as we move through the process. It's now in the hands of Disney.

The contract we are working on is Dec UY, 160 pts with 24 2010 banked points, 160 x 2011 points (to be banked by seller), and all 160 pts going forward. We are paying $65 /pt, and all closing costs and MF.

DH thinks we will lose the 24 2010 pts - but I somehow think I'll be able to convince him a short November trip is in order, even if I go by myself
Old 05-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #22
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Great trip report. I glad you bought DVC, and I totally agree with your decision to go resale. We've love VWL too so I understand the attraction there. Hope your contract goes through ROFR quickly, so we can welcome you home soon. And good luck finding the perfect BCV contract too.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #23
SLM
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed your trip report and beautiful pictures so much! Congrats on finding a contract that works so well for you-hopefully a BCV resale will catch your eye soon. As far as using points to cruise-the advice from many on these boards has been to rent your points (either yourself or through a broker) and pay cash. We had points to burn in 2010 so booked a cruise with points for this past November. I don't regret it-but would like to take our DD, her husband and our grandson on a cruise when DGs is a little older and we'll try going that route.
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
Great trip report. I glad you bought DVC, and I totally agree with your decision to go resale. We've love VWL too so I understand the attraction there. Hope your contract goes through ROFR quickly, so we can welcome you home soon. And good luck finding the perfect BCV contract too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM View Post
I enjoyed your trip report and beautiful pictures so much! Congrats on finding a contract that works so well for you-hopefully a BCV resale will catch your eye soon. As far as using points to cruise-the advice from many on these boards has been to rent your points (either yourself or through a broker) and pay cash. We had points to burn in 2010 so booked a cruise with points for this past November. I don't regret it-but would like to take our DD, her husband and our grandson on a cruise when DGs is a little older and we'll try going that route.
Thanks for your comments on my little TR. Hoping to get a chance to get back to Disney and take some more photos once we are DVC owners.

Things seem to be progressing well with our VWL contract, but another few weeks for ROFR and then we'll go from there. I did want to report a discussion with my husband this evening. His question, "Did you buy the points at Beach Club Yet?". He then went on to outline all the reasons it made sense to have points at VWL and BCV. This is very funny, since I really thought he agreed to the purchase just to shut me up. He then added, "And, we are doing this for our enjoyment - if the kids can come when we want to go, fine - but don't rearrange our plans for them!". note - he's very generous with the kids, just not wanting to wait around for them to commit
Old 06-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #25
permavac
Have you seen this chicken?

You really worked some magic with those photos! I have neither the skill nor the patience to take those kinds of pics so good for you.

Your DH sounds like mine - he never really lets on about his enjoyment of things until he hits you with a whammy, like let's buy DVC

Seems like he has been bitten by the bug. I'm glad for you.

Terri
permavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #26
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Sharon, your pictures of the Boardwalk are what I would have wanted mine to look like - they are absolutely gorgeous!

Congratulations on your new VWL contract! I'm a brand new owner, too and can't wait for a visit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: