Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #601
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47
Oooh Mr Kotteeerr !! I haver a question Can you buy the pirate Bandanas on the ship!!!or boat whichever has them
They give them to you at dinner the night of the party, Rosie! and....I have some sad news for you- we had to cancel our dismom cruise- . We are still going to wdw, tho- I'm so sorry Rosie! Is there any chance you will stay in wdw before the cruise?
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #602
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
we had to cancel our dismom cruise- . We are still going to wdw, tho
No DISmoms cruise? Did I miss something here?

But at least you are going to WDW, so we will get to read ALL about it! Enjoy your time at WDW, Ellen! You definitely deserve this trip after Sandy's "visit".
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #603
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They give them to you at dinner the night of the party, Rosie! and....I have some sad news for you- we had to cancel our dismom cruise- . We are still going to wdw, tho- I'm so sorry Rosie! Is there any chance you will stay in wdw before the cruise?
No we will just do the cruise !!! I will still be asking advice from you guys and Karin!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #604
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

On no, canceled the Dis Moms' cruise! I know you will still have lots of fun together!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #605
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Laughing to myself - ok, laughing out loud, at the sequence of events, braids in, braids, out, braids in again....That Miss Ellen, she really be silly So excited about the sunrise safari and ADRs... oh yeah, I won't be there for those things! But they sound good!
Glad you are having fun Ellen! And we have power as of 9 am this morning! Extremely happy to do laundry and scrub out the refrigerator today! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #606
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post

Glad you are having fun Ellen! And we have power as of 9 am this morning! Extremely happy to do laundry and scrub out the refrigerator today! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
YEAH!!! probably havnet been so happy to have to scrub the frig huh LMAO glad you guys are back in business!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #607
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And we have power as of 9 am this morning! Extremely happy to do laundry and scrub out the refrigerator today! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Power is good. Cleaning the frig right before the holidays - I guess that is a good time to clean the frig. Too bad it is a "have to" situation instead of a "want to" situation. I am so sorry though for everything you guys are having to go through. What a disruption in life!

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #608
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Laughing to myself - ok, laughing out loud, at the sequence of events, braids in, braids, out, braids in again....That Miss Ellen, she really be silly So excited about the sunrise safari and ADRs... oh yeah, I won't be there for those things! But they sound good!
As of this morning, we do not!

This is day 7 of of no electric, no heat, no hot water, stove's electric...so that's a bust too.

Sitting here at my office desk with space heater blasting my legs and feet hoping that it sinks in and lasts through the cold, dark night ahead.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #609
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yea- I'm safe and dry- I'm in wdw! We are livin large in a Jambo gv- it is incredible! On our way to dhs- having a blast. Seriously feel like a rock star staying in the gv- yesterday I took a jacuzzi bath while watching Stacy on the flat screen- AWESOME!!! Btw- I spoke w concierge for our dismom trip- we are all set w adrs and the sunrise safari - woohoooo! After this trip, I think I can say I have a favorite dvc- and it's akv- <3
Hi Ellen! Glad to hear you are having a nice getaway. So awesome to be in the GV. How can you ever go back to a 2 Bdrm? I hope you continue to have a wonderful time and that the power is back on for you when you get home!

Glad to see some of you other readers are getting power back on - so sorry for those who don't, and for all of the loss.

I see you DISmoms are not cruising after all next May? Well, I know you will have a great time together, however you work it out.
MAGICFOR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #610
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm caught up again!

The bacon in a cup had me laughing out loud! What did Pauldo make you?!?!

Love the impromptu champagne tasting - great idea!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #611
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Yea- I'm safe and dry- I'm in wdw! We are livin large in a Jambo gv- it is incredible! On our way to dhs- having a blast. Seriously feel like a rock star staying in the gv- yesterday I took a jacuzzi bath while watching Stacy on the flat screen- AWESOME!!! Btw- I spoke w concierge for our dismom trip- we are all set w adrs and the sunrise safari - woohoooo! After this trip, I think I can say I have a favorite dvc- and it's akv- <3
I can vouch for her. That room was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #612
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

I just caught up! Please come back soon-can't wait to hear more!!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #613
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Oooh Mr Kotteeerr !! I haver a question Can you buy the pirate Bandanas on the ship!!!or boat whichever has them
Rosie- the bandanas are given to all on the ship- anything else, you need to bring yourself.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #614
podsnel

Hey Everyone!!! We have been neglecting you for faaaaar too long around here! I guess between Sandy, then I went away for 9 fabulous nights to WDW (5 at the AKV GV, then 4 at BWV 1 BDRM), THEN it was more Sandy clean up, then Thanksgiving, then too much birthday celebrating, then Christmas, then NYE....too much EVERYTHING!!!!! So here is a little catch up- come on KJ! Let's finish this puppy up! Only one day to go!!

Our last full day had finally come- and we, of course, could not WAIT to get off the ship! We were on a hunt, you know- a hunt for Jack Sparrow! We must have had some kind of breakfast from Cabanas, although I have no pics of it, so hopefully someone else does.

We were pulling in to port...

We wasted no time getting off the ship once we had docked- once we had found JS, we would be going to Serenity Bay, and I, for one, could not WAIT to be on this island sans kids. I mean, I love my boys, and all, but a beach that has NO KIDS, mine or anyone else's, just sounds so....serene!

First- picture time!!

And we were OFF! The hunt was ON!

But- ok, now HERE'S the question- if YOU were Jack Sparrow, and YOU were on CC, where would you be?

EXACTLY. This ain't called a hunt for nothin! We checked the Navigator, which gave it all away with the location of Pelican Point.

Soooo....where the heck is that?

It MUST be by the bar with the Pelican- the Heads Up bar?

Nooooo...

Maybe it's near Pelican Plunge! That makes alot of sense!!

Nooooo.....

Ok...why don't we ASK someone? So Kara goes down to see a CM on the beach in front of the swimming lagoon (the original family beach). Surely, SHE will know- she's here every week twice!

Nooooo......

REALLY??? WHERE THE HECK IS Paradise Point????

Well...obviously, Pelican Point is behind the tram stop on a dirt road.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure...THAT makes sense! And we knew we had found it when- we saw no line and a photographer hiding in the bushes. And then....

It started to rain. Because, well, thats what happens right before the hunt is over on Castaway Cay. It rains and it pours.

Right, Kara Jean?

There go all the people who said, "Nah...I think we'll take another loop around...."

But would the rain ever end??? Would Jack Sparrow be found at last??? Next!

Last edited by podsnel; 01-03-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #615
podsnel

Such a cliffhanger, huh? I prematurely posted- oops. Must have been all the excitement of meeting...HIM-

That's right- against all odds, we found Captain Jack Sparrow ON Castaway Cay! And he said, "What took you so long?"

Some other group of random wenches was waiting behind us, thinking they were all that- on a trip without their husbands OR kids- SHAMELESS! Well, too bad, random wenches- you got sloppy seconds after we had finished using that bad Captain UP!

All of us satisfied with the ultimate conquest, we did what any other women would do on CC without children- we headed for beautiful Serenity Bay.

Damn! Prematurely posted AGAIN! I think my computer needs to See Alice!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: