Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #136
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Oops! Sliding in a lttle late, but I'm checking in! Now to catch up...
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #137
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

Is that the most precious child or what?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]
OHHHHHH!!! Sooooo sweet!
Thanks. He can be an EXTREME handful, but I do admit, the kids got charm.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #138
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
You should have danced- dancing with Kara is ALWAYS a solid gold good time...
Why yes, yes it is..... "Do the Hustle!"

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #139
chasshan
calgirl6

Quote:
It's the mornin! And we are up EARLY (for us- in WDW- it is 7 or 7:30). We realize that if we shower up fast (which most of us can do) we can make rope drop- which also means we'll get to ride Soarin! We NEVER make rope drop on these trips, so Joanie & I are pretty excited. But when 8:55 comes around....well, not everyone is ready. But Joanie & I are....so we head out, and Lonnie & Pam say they'll catch up quick....

Well, we did NOT make rope drop, unfortunately...but close enough for getting on Soarin in 20 minutes. Actually, we were walking so fast, I only had time for one pic-

YAY!!! We're on line! But we really need coffee! But we want to ride Soarin more!!

It's truly amazing the absolute flood of people RUNNING to the Land in the morning for this ride. It ain't no kids game!

It's Puddy time!

Woohoo!!! I'm at the Golden Gate Bridge again!

I am really looking forward to riding Soarin in DL next summer- after we have just been to San Francisco and Yosemite, I think it will be even MORE special.

We picked up 2 FPs for Lonnie & Pam- and we called them. And texted them. And called again. And texted again. And did this about- 10 times. But we got no response. Joan & I were in desperate need of some Java, so we jumped over to Sunshine Seasons-

And I dropped my danish, and my dear Joanie went and got me a new one- thanks, Mom.

But still...no text. No call. Where's Lonnie?

The reason we're concerned? Joanie and I were going to shoot over to MK for a quick visit- to see the new stuff during the day, AND to try that new spicy chicken waffle at Sleepy Hollow (because that sounded sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy for lunch!).

But we have FPs for Lonnie & Pam. That need to be used, and soon. Because at WDW, they are now enforcing FP times.

Still no return on my calls.

We have been in EPCOT about an hour.

So with no reply, we ended up handing them off.

And we left EPCOT.

And as we walked up the ramp to the monorail, we saw the HOARDS of people coming into the park.

And we turned around.

And went back in.

And kicked ourselves, because we could have gone on Soarin a second time if we had not handed off our FPs! DOH!

But....we made someone else VERY happy- AND...it was Flower & Garden, so all was good!

We decided to go to Innoventions and ride Sum of All Thrills instead...

But we messed up, and went in the wrong one first.

Eventually, we found it!

We went to design our ride, and Joanie did the UNTHINKABLE- she hit the WIMP button! See, the thing about SOAT is that it is REALLY fun if you design a daring ride...kind of lame when you don't. But we'll cut her some slack- it was her first ride, after all, and she wasn't sure what to expect.

I think it was right around when we got off SOAT that we FINALLY got a text from Lonnie- they were in Sunshine seasons! In the park! Where were we?

Umm...on our way to WS...because it's nearly 11 am.

VERY VERY glad we didn't wait for them at BCV!

We all decided to meet up in Norway to ride it like a Viking before going to our main destination- MEXICO!! For Drinko de Mayo!!!

Coming up....the rest of the day! And hopefully posts from a DISmom that is not me!

Hi, I'm new here. I've been enjoying reading this TR. I found it after reading Kara's two TR's. (Had fun reading those Kara!)
Sorry but I'm having trouble keeping track of who is who.....so many blondes!
Am I posting to Ellen's post and photos above? I went back to page 2 or 3 and looked at the group photo to try and memorize who is who. Maybe when one of you posts another group photo in the future you could say who's who again?

Just wanted to comment on 3 things:
I'm always amazed at the longer wait times for Soarin in WDW, compared to DCA. I hope you get nice short lines,even for FP while in CA. Have a great time in SF and at Yosemite too!

I have yet to make a rope drop!! It is a dream and goal to make it someday.
I think it will have to be a trip without my kids.....and maybe without my husband too. Teenagers are very hard to wake up!!

And one more thing. I'm guessing you probably know this as you've been to WDW many more times than I. With regards to your dropped danish
Did you know that if you drop your food or drink, WDW will replace it for free? No questions asked, and don't wait in line again. Just go to a Pick-UP window and tell them you dropped, or spilled, your food, and they will replace it with a smile.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
Shanna
chasshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #140
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasshan View Post
hi, i'm new here. I've been enjoying reading this tr. I found it after reading kara's two tr's. (had fun reading those kara!)shes a hoot huh.. You should ask her about the golf tournament she's doing in holland for her hole in ones!

sorry but i'm having trouble keeping track of who is who.....so many blondes!
Am i posting to ellen's post and photos above? I went back to page 2 or 3 and looked at the group photo to try and memorize who is who. Maybe when one of you posts another group photo in the future you could say who's who again?
ha dont feel bad i did the same thing the 1st trip report lmao

just wanted to comment on 3 things:
I'm always amazed at the longer wait times for soarin in wdw, compared to dca. I hope you get nice short lines,even for fp while in ca. Have a great time in sf and at yosemite too!
omg ya i noticed that too.. Maybe cuz its not a big deal here in cali cuz everything they show is on our side of the "pond"? Ya think?

i have yet to make a rope drop!! It is a dream and goal to make it someday.
I think it will have to be a trip without my kids.....and maybe without my husband too. Teenagers are very hard to wake up!!
same here... Ohh maybe i can do that next may

and one more thing. I'm guessing you probably know this as you've been to wdw many more times than i. With regards to your dropped danish
Did you know that if you drop your food or drink, wdw will replace it for free? No questions asked, and don't wait in line again. Just go to a pick-up window and tell them you dropped, or spilled, your food, and they will replace it with a smile.
so you mean all the times i dropped my dole whip and licked it off the floor i could have just asked for a new one.. Now you tell me Lmao

can't wait to see what happens next!
Shanna
ditto!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #141
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Better late than never. Great report so far ladies! Can't wait for the rest.

And wasn't the wine bar wonderful? Loved it and can't wait to go back in October!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #142
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Ellen I am loving the pixs of ALK! I can't wait until our Sept trip, first time to AKL for us! Are those lights like Chilhuley's work?

As God is my witness, I won't be margarita less ever again! I will make it to the ditch this trip!

I just love to see you women having such a good time together.
I hope you love AKL as much as we do!! I don't think the lights are Chihuley- those are much more abstract and all glass. They are impressive nonetheless!!

Yea- the Ditch is a MUST DO. EVERY trip, kids or not- they have to go cups, so no worries there.

And thanks- we love having a good time together, glad it shows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Headed for the Wine Bar...ladies after my own heart...the Cabernet Sauvignon..with the black berry fruit and dark chocolate description...looks and sounds heavenly. I do want to ask three questions though if you gals don't mind sharing. Was this a pairing for the food or a wine sampler set? How much did the set cost?...not worried about price, but want to compare to here in Japan.

Hi Tokyo! They offer wine flights at alot of the signature restaurants- so this was not paired with food, it was a choice between 5 or so different flights. And that wine is HEAVENLY. Seriosly- complex and delicious- everything else paled by comparison. I believe their's was $15 and mine was $18 (more expensive because of that missing virgin).

Last question...what kind of glasses were the wines served in? Looks like they were all served in the same size glass( maybe white wine glasses).
Don't mean for that to sound snobbish...I mean I will drink my wine out of a red solo cup if thats all thats available, but I do prefer Burgandy style glass for reds...for me it makes a big difference.

Anyway let's get to the bar in Italy.
Yes, they are all served in the same white size glass- I think that's the only way for them to all fit on the tray they bring them out in. I agree- the right glass does make a difference- especially when you swirl it around. Can't catch quite as much air in the white glass.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #143
podsnel

Well....not really. We actually passed by the bar (sorry, Drea) and did THIS instead-
THATS IT I have put my foot down, I can not handle your lack of disrespect for those of us not on vacation. 1st you dont drink all your absolut, now you pass by a bar... thats it.. I have made the decission.. next Dismoms meet Im there.. show you people how you really get down!

Well, that's IT- the quote that started the whole ball rolling for DISmoms 5!! can't wait!!!

We all decided to meet up in Norway to ride it like a Viking before going to our main destination- MEXICO!! For Drinko de Mayo!!!
ha I call it Cinco De Drinko!

well- that explains alot about the level of our celebrating that day- we started calling it Drinko de Mayo after I read a text from YOU! Can't imagine how I messed the quote up!

But, I gave all those bartenders Flashy Ritas before I sat down.
read that fast thought you said you flashed the bartenders lolWhich they really liked alot.
im sure they would have like what I read more ... just sayingBut I think Joe Blacksockswithsneakers sitting across the aisle from me really liked it.....
think if he saw El flashing her Rita's to the bartenders how he would have reacted

OMGEEEEEE!!!!!!

I am REALLY looking forward to next year- my guess is my cheeks are REALLY gonna hurt after a week with you!

Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #144
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
I always enjoy reading your reports. Good news for us DH and I are going down in Oct for food and wine. Going to be sad without kids though.
Oh, I remember feeling that way on our first trip w/o kids. It turned out to be a wonderful time for the two of us! It will be different for sure - you make different choices about what you will do, but it opened up a whole new appreciation of Disney for us - there are so many adult things to do - proving there really is something for everyone! Have a wonderful time - that is one of my goals for the next couple of years - food &Wine
Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #145
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Yippee everyone is together. I see shirts with something like ditch lovers or ditch tour something like that. I know it needs work--but hey its early.

I'm with you all. I'm an early riser at WDW. I can't sleep in. There is fun to be had and you can sleep when you are dead
I can sleep in sometimes- but I agree- sleep when you're dead! Or at least when you go home! Naps are a nice part of vacation, though- not that I took any on this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
And I do love my wine! I need to branch out more and try different kinds. I stick to my beloved whites. I've only ever tried a sweet RED wine. What do you recommend?
Merlot is also considered beginner red wine- it has very low tannins (the tea-like sensation in the back of your mouth you get from red wine) and is not high in acidity. It's very smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
My sister and her family stayed in a GV there last year. The pictures alone are amazing!!! They absolutely loved it!!! You'll have a great time!
EXCELLENT!! Thanks! I am thinking it will be hard to leave the room, and easy to go back to it, which will be great for my MIL!

Quote:
Just make sure to use the right glass with the right wine

We are having a wine party tonight at my house...all you ladies are invited. just jump on a plane and get here before 6. I will take you to Disney SEA tomorrow.
Hey! You never picked me up at the airport!! What the heck??
Old 06-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #146
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Oh my gosh, I just read!!! How awful!! Sounds like a disaster. I can only imagine how those teachers must have been feeling, let alone the kids yeah it's nice and all to make it up and go a later date but now that's an entire day of school that was missed for nothing!
The kids were really fine- they are going back this week and it's all being picked up by the ferry company- including the buses and the ice cream. It all worked out in the end-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
MMM, Ritas and vino, and cupcakes! What a way to start a DIS mom trip off! The only thing i haven't seen so far is a pic of Ellen kissing a monkey?!? I also expected to see some dancing there with the parade in SAANA.

Kara - I was humming the song to myself! Can't give up all my secrets! Do the hustle! Da da da da...
We saw no monkeys (other than Kara) until later in the trip- sorry! And no dancing at Sanaa...but maybe you'll see us dance later in the trip.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
So glad I found this report! I had contemplated crashing your little party, but alas I was cruising myself May 9-14, had a conference in Orlando May 14-17, and Mom came down for a visit May 24-29. There was no way this old body could handle anything else!

So cool Disney can make little Hidden Mickey's in the water with lemon and lime slices even!

Ready to hear more about your crazy adventures!
Hey there! Sorry we missed you! Waht cruise were yu on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
I'm so in on this, looks like a blast ladies!!
Hi and welcome!

Quote:
Did someone forget the corkscrew and thats the reason we cant get inside the wine bar?
Geez- apparently we're locked out! J?K- just been busy- it's the end of our school year here, and I'm a PTA President, so I've had somewhere to be everyday- that's all. Kara's been crazy too- I'll try to update soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
How fun! Looking forward to the rest of the trip report!
Thanks and welcome!!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #147
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Oops! Sliding in a lttle late, but I'm checking in! Now to catch up...
Hi Tammie! Glad you found us! I know you have been INSANELY busy lately- how's Arizona?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasshan View Post
Hi, I'm new here. I've been enjoying reading this TR. I found it after reading Kara's two TR's. (Had fun reading those Kara!)
Sorry but I'm having trouble keeping track of who is who.....so many blondes!
Am I posting to Ellen's post and photos above? I went back to page 2 or 3 and looked at the group photo to try and memorize who is who. Maybe when one of you posts another group photo in the future you could say who's who again?

Hi! You are posting to me, Ellen-

I am in the blue shirt in the corner. On your left, my right, is Lonnie. Lonnie was my MOH, one of my little sisters in my sorority, and my roomate for a year in college- she is not really on the DIS, but when she is, she is GroovyLZ. On my left (your right) is her friend from home, Pam, who we had never met before. On Lonnie's right is Joan- wannabeadismom. Joan is lives in my town and is one of my closest friends. Next to her is Cammie, CamDisMom- we met her on the Disboards 5 years ago! THIS is Kara-

Her photo explains enough.

Just wanted to comment on 3 things:
I'm always amazed at the longer wait times for Soarin in WDW, compared to DCA. I hope you get nice short lines,even for FP while in CA. Have a great time in SF and at Yosemite too!

Thank-you!!! I am really looking forward to it!

I have yet to make a rope drop!! It is a dream and goal to make it someday.

Yes they are- my DS15 doesn't want to go to bed at night, but he would sleep all day if I'd let him! Not that I was any different when I was 15!

And one more thing. I'm guessing you probably know this as you've been to WDW many more times than I. With regards to your dropped danish
Did you know that if you drop your food or drink, WDW will replace it for free? No questions asked, and don't wait in line again. Just go to a Pick-UP window and tell them you dropped, or spilled, your food, and they will replace it with a smile.

Yes- thanks - I do know- but I was feeling stupid and Joan went and did that for me. I am just not myself until I've had my coffee!!

Can't wait to see what happens next!
Shanna
Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #148
podsnel

shes a hoot huh.. You should ask her about the golf tournament she's doing in holland for her hole in ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Better late than never. Great report so far ladies! Can't wait for the rest.

And wasn't the wine bar wonderful? Loved it and can't wait to go back in October!
YES! The new winebar is great! No shortage of wine OR handsome waiters in there!!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #149
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! Yes, we were really busy! Actually, we don't move to AZ until September! This "move" was to move all of our stuff out into storage and move our travel trailer into our own driveway, and to move our son and his family out of his house and into ours! They've sold their home and are renting ours for a couple of years.

We will visit AZ again at the end of June over my birthday weekend!

Okay, now that I'm caught up - I am so enjoying your tag team posting with Kara Jean! How cool that you are meeting up with your DIS fan club members!

I, like Drea am a little surprised about the drinks you are passing up, but I'm sure you will make up for it!

Mmm, I had a very wonderful cab especially chosen for me at Boma when we ate there for dinner - I wonder if it was the one offered in the flight? I'm def going to look for that "virgin" red when we've moved to a real place. I guess they have a really great wine bar in Phoenix that does Friday tastings that are not to be missed!

Ok, KJ! Love the anorexic photo! I'm sure that pose just got Mr. Black Sox even more hot under the collar!

It is so fun to see all of you getting together and having such a great time! I am hoping one of these days the timing will be right to join you! Nice to see Cammie is back in the gang - it looked a little empty without her last year!

ELLEN! You have to tell me when you are at DL! I will be a 4 hr drive away from there! I would love to pop over and see you!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #150
podsnel

Tutto Gusto

Not long after we walked in and were seated at a VERY large table, Kara joined us. We were all so, SO happy- we were complete! I believe I actually cried when she came in-

Anyway....we were PARCHED after that marathon run around the lake, so we placed our order with our very handsome waiter-

who looks aLOT like my boys' baseball coach, Jason (I have told Jason this- he knows once the season starts again I am taking his pic so you can compare. He thinks I'm kidding when I tell him this, but I'm not. And, in all honesty, I have to admit, Jason is even hotter than our waiter. i LOVE baseball!! ). We decided to order a bottle of Soave. Lonnie got Sangria. And we ordered some small plates. We were all pretty happy.

Kara & me? We were just like peas and carrots all over again-

We decided to share a bunch of stuff.

Carciofi - Olive Oil marinated artichokes - $9.00

Panini - On ciabatta baguette with arugula salad. $8 per one/$12 per two. Prosciutto di Parma, Finocchiona, Bufala Mozzarella and Pomodoro or Robiola and white truffle crema - $8.00 (this is the second one)

Insalata Di Mare Trapanese - Shrimp, squid, octopus, lemon, extra virgin olive oil - $11.00

Polenta Funghi e Fontina - Soft Polenta, mushrooms, fontina cheese - $7.00

There were more, but others have the pics.

This was just a few days after they had opened, and while everything was yummy, I would say $9 for 1 1/2 artichokes is a little steep. Hopefully they'll adjust as time goes on. Fortunately for us, we were able to use our TIW card here.

We snooped around the corner at Tutto Italia- there are a lot more booths in the restaurant now.

Lonnie was wearing her obligatory bday button (her bday was in April, but we can't come then), and she was treated to Italian festivities!

I took a few pics of what was in the case up front, while we waited for to-go wine- yum yum-

Cont'd next post-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: