Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #16
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Post If it can go wrong, it has

So lost my keys to my car, if thats not enough lost my spare too... soooo E went and finally got a new car key made but cant drive my car home from work cuz I have an alarm that you need the "magic" wand for. We are now debating getting it towed in the am to a local alarm place to get that taken off but that would mean we wouldnt even get to DLand till NOONish. Which would cut half of a park day in half basically. Or just leave it there and deal with it Sunday or Monday... maybe Tuesday. If it hasnt been towed or stripped LOL

E and I got into a TIFF cuz of his poor attitude so he hasnt talked to me, my mom got on my nerves, P grew out of his clothes so I had to run to walmart to find him some shorts and now it looks like its gonna rain.. GREAT!

So no craftyness happened. I did buy a shirt to make a cute zebra mickey head but ya doubt ill try! Plus side boys are packed, hopefully E is too. Now I just need to throw my crap in a bag so we can head out tmrw with whatever we end up doing.

I now more than ever need a drink and time at the happiest place on earth, cuz its not looking so magical in my castle right now.

Send me some pixi dust to get me out of the funk. I feel like Eyeore ... why bother..

Next up.. do we ever even make it to the Magic Kingdome?

Last edited by anewmac; 05-25-2012 at 01:27 AM.
anewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #17
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

hoping it is all magical...btw those are things that happen to me before a trip...LOL

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

I hope you found some pixie dust after the car keys day! I'm enjoying yoru PTR - you have a lovely family and are so enthusiastic with your planning. I'm going to DL next week, so I'm looking for all the good ideas I can find!
Leitadala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #19
anewmac

Post Do we ever even make it to the Magic Kingdom?

P, you just turned 14 where are you going....I'm Going to Disneyland!!!!!!

Thursday night I was still looking for my keys ***so please disregard the mess in the pics***, E and I were contimplating getting my car towed, but I didnt want a late start on a holiday weekend to the parks. So we deceided to take our chances and leave it at my work. (Figured its 10yrs old I could use a new one if anything happened LMAO)

It was about 7pm when my mom came over to give P his present and for us to do the surprize. Well E and I got into a tiff cuz he was acting like he was SOOOO tired. I said something, he got pissed, suffice to say we didnt talk till we got up the next morning. And even that went something like this. You feel better Sleeping Beauty. He said yes and you witcharella? (the witch started with a B by the way!) People may think its horrible that we talk that way but well 15yrs we still are ok... I figure it cost to much to get divorced LMAO.. ok I am way off track.

Lets see P got a lego set from my momma

Then I gave him our gift a waterproof knock off flip camera he has wanted

I then passed him the card which looked like Disney Mickey Mouse Ears , which said all the mushy omg I cant believe my baby boy is 14 where did the time go? Then is said btw were going to DISNEYLAND. And this is the reaction I got

He asked when and I said TMRW, I got this reaction.

It was going to be taped but with E in his MOOD he didnt records it.

After the excitement calmed down I called out commands of them to pack their suitcase. Then we called it an early night since we were getting up early to leave for Dland. Figured we could get there in time for Cali Adventure to open at 10am.

And this my dear friends is where the rest of the trip I was in a MUCH better mood!

Next Up: Im too excited to sleep... NOT!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #20
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Happy that he loved it. Boo to e for being a stick in the mud

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Oh! The freakin lost key!! I am so glad you left the car! Those keys are so damn expensive to replace, too. Why can't they just sell ya one to just open the door and start the car. UGH!

So sorry you had all that bad stuff before you left. But I think P's reaction made up for it- that was awesome! And it must have felt GREAT for you, too.

Ok- ready for more....
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:42 PM   #22
anewmac

Post Im too excited to sleep... NOT!

Im too excited to sleep... NOT!
After the excitment wore off and the bags were packed. E and the boys went to bed. Me I had a melt down.. yes I cried like a lil school girl. I just had so much that I couldnt take it anymore. I chugged a beer felt better then debated making a shirt I saw on Pintrest. After about 2 seconds I said why not I cant sleep yet.

I pulled out the shirt the craft supplied and in less than 10mins made THIS

Then I was a happy girl again and headed to bed at almost midnight.

When my alarm went off at 6am I was dead tired gee I wonder why? Could it be the breakdown or the late night crafting? Either way, I heard the tv downstairs already on. But sleeping beauty next to me was still snoring. I went down to make some coffee and the boys were already up and dressed. I cant even get them to do that for school that starts at 830.

After we all got ready, packed the car, we are on the freeway by 8am. Traffic was a breeze which usually is pain when we go to visit my grandma in LA. But we pulled into our hotel at 9ish. Which was right across the street from the parks

We pulled in to see if MAYBE we could check in or at least just park our car so we didnt have to pay the $20 parking. Surprizingly they did have a room ready for us.

I didnt take a pic but we got a mini suite and it was the LAST available room (found this one off the web) I thought this would be great, E could have a bed, I could have a bed and the boys could share the couch bed... HA ya that didnt happen E and I shared a bed and they each got one. He's lucky I was in my happy place all Im saying

Made a beeline to it and unpacked the car made a potty stop and before we knew it we were seeing this sign as we walked across the street!
YEAH BUDDY!!!

Then this one.

We would have been right in but of course we pick the line where the computer shuts down after scanning 2 of our paper passes. (Since we got military tix, you buy them on base and they give a print out. Then you go to the gate (which you used to do at the tix counter) and they print your tix). So 15mins later. We are finally in.

1st stop, guest services... Someone needed a Bday pin, and we needed DLAND Celebration pins. Cuz I had brought our WDW ones LOL (Its kind of fun though walking around with pins from both parks. You get lots of comments.)

I also pick up a rewards disney card to call and upload my rewards dollars to (best part of the whole trip was we spent $0, just used up all our rewards (and boy was there a TON! LOL)

Since they are doing cars land and redoing the whole entrance to the park (which Im UBBER bumbed about there not being anymore monorail on the Golden gate bridge to pass under or the CALIFORNIA letters out front.) Now you walk thru and are led out by Soaring not in the main HUB. Not the same feel.

But eventually we saw THIS and I felt at home again.

Next Up: Where do we start?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #23
Nintfamily
Mouseketeer

Awesome! Can't wait for more How did you make your shirt? It is amazing
Old 06-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #24
Grog
Semper Gumby
Loves to ride the riverboats
"What is Steel, Compared to the hand that wields it?"

Great job on the shirt!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #25
anewmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitadala View Post
I hope you found some pixie dust after the car keys day! I'm enjoying yoru PTR - you have a lovely family and are so enthusiastic with your planning. I'm going to DL next week, so I'm looking for all the good ideas I can find!
Hope you had fun in DL. I just read you report on Hawaii, amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Happy that he loved it. Boo to e for being a stick in the mud
Ya he was a stick in something.. or more like had a stick up something but I got over it so I could enjoy my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Oh! The freakin lost key!! I am so glad you left the car! Those keys are so damn expensive to replace, too. Why can't they just sell ya one to just open the door and start the car. UGH!

So sorry you had all that bad stuff before you left. But I think P's reaction made up for it- that was awesome! And it must have felt GREAT for you, too.

Ok- ready for more....
his reaction then the reaction I got from J too was helpful to my outlook. J said something like Im so glad its your bday P LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintfamily View Post
Awesome! Can't wait for more How did you make your shirt? It is amazing
I took a zebra print hankerchif and found a mickey shape online printed that out. Pinned it to the hankerchief then cut around it (so its kind of jagged) then took that fusable web stuff for hemming pants and put it all over it and ironed it on. Then "sealed" it with puffy paint to give the pink zig zag look. took me maybe 10 mins. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Great job on the shirt!
thank you. Ill try and post more tmrw. had 2 of my wisdom teeth pulled and im inbeteen medications and naps. it takes a tole out on ya thats for sure.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #26
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Drea! All caught up now after moving out. I love P's reaction!!! Great job on the surprise! I'm sorry for the drama you had before you left. I think it is magnified when those things happen because you are trying to get on your trip and it adds to the stress.

Love the shirt! Funny, in the pic, the beer looks like you were seeing double! Or maybe I'm seeing double?

Yay for having your hotel ready for you! I see the pixie dust is working for ya now - hope it stays!!! I can't wait to see the new entrance to CA - It looks like they are making that park more like DHS?

Looking forward to more! Hope you are feeling better.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #27
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Glad it all worked out and at least you are there! Hopefully E comes around and when you return, your car keys appear.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #28
abbie13_15
Mouseketeer

Enjoy your humor...i'm in!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #29
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I'm here!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #30
anewmac

hey guys so sorry im lagging been busy recovering from having my wisdom teeth out. Then I had a huge wine tasting fundraiser planned for my breast cancer walk. So I had typed up half of our Cali Adventure day and then somehow I did something and lost it all. Normally I type it in word but just didnt think of it this time. I was COMPLETELY done too.. ugg oh well im mad now to I'll do it tmrw darn it. But thans for keeping patiente.

I swear it will be worth it LOL
I leave you with this!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: